WickedWhims v179a [2024-04-01]

Hi, I bump into a problem that my saved game's Wicked Whims setting get reset and

all my sims preferences are gone, but the new trait I gave them seems fine.

Sorry I can't test what cause it, but I remember recently I have do these change before I found the problem.
1.update Wicked Whims
2.update the game
3.I make a new file (save as...)for my world I play now

Does any of these action may cause the problem?

7 minutes ago, 00799700 said:

1.update Wicked Whims

Kind of normal for your Wicked Settings to get reset with major Wicked updates.

New Menus and Features added and old menu locations also get moved sometimes.

Starting a new game also resets Wicked settings back to defaults.

Game keeps spawning Peeping (both male and female). I have disabled the window peeping and picked the strip club perk that prevents spawning new characters (forgot what it's called). I tried getting rid of them, but I can't seem to kill them, the game just refuses to do that. "Destroy object" also does not work. Giving them disease does not work. Tried aging them to elder and blocking that specific age from entering the strip joint, but they just walk in as if there is no rule.
They also do not show up n the list of Sims in the game.

How can I delete them?

3 hours ago, volle said:

Game keeps spawning Peeping (both male and female). I have disabled the window peeping and picked the strip club perk that prevents spawning new characters (forgot what it's called). I tried getting rid of them, but I can't seem to kill them, the game just refuses to do that. "Destroy object" also does not work. Giving them disease does not work. Tried aging them to elder and blocking that specific age from entering the strip joint, but they just walk in as if there is no rule.
They also do not show up n the list of Sims in the game.

How can I delete them?

Disabling window peeping and deleting them with the command ww.remove_premade_peeping_sims should do the trick. Also keep in mind that settings don't carry between saves and you'll have to do it again for each new save

Edited by 0PoisonPink0
15 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Kind of normal for your Wicked Settings to get reset with major Wicked updates.

New Menus and Features added and old menu locations also get moved sometimes.

Starting a new game also resets Wicked settings back to defaults.

Thanks for reply!
By the way I know starting a total new game will be default setting.
But if I use "save as" to make a new copy of my current save, the new save files world will be reset to default too?

I've already posted this in the Simdulgence thread, but I thought I'd repost it here in case anyone else is having errors after the most recent WW update:

1 minute ago, ughwhat said:

Just a head's up to anyone who's using SimpleGens, specifically alongside SimplePiercings: it seems the latest WW update has broken the piercings, causing the game to toss out last exceptions in quick succession. Take the files for the piercings out of your mods folder and everything should work fine.

Edited by ughwhat
8 hours ago, 00799700 said:

But if I use "save as" to make a new copy of my current save, the new save files world will be reset to default too?

Only if you've removed Wicked Whims from your Mods because otherwise WW has already loaded into game with its current settings intact.

Once you have all your WW Settings tuned to your liking...

Look for the Control Settings Menu and do an 'Export Settings'.

Then you can use the 'Import Settings' found in the same menu after you start a new game.

Usually works after WW updates too unless new features or menus prevent it.

Since new features, or menu changes, might be reset to defaults you might have to go through all the settings again and do another 'Export' when finished.

Hello. I'm sorry if this has already been addressed here and for the bad English. I have a deluxe edition with all the data discs. I expand Modes to the Modes folder. The game writes that there is WickedWhims recorded, but in the game its menu is nowhere. In construction mode, I'm trying to put condoms on the floor, but it says, "Script call failed." Modes bodies and clothes added this way work, but WickedWhims is still dead. What am I doing wrong? I really don't know anymore. I thanks.

11.jpg

52 minutes ago, Berserkr said:

Hello. I'm sorry if this has already been addressed here and for the bad English. I have a deluxe edition with all the data discs. I expand Modes to the Modes folder. The game writes that there is WickedWhims recorded, but in the game its menu is nowhere. In construction mode, I'm trying to put condoms on the floor, but it says, "Script call failed." Modes bodies and clothes added this way work, but WickedWhims is still dead. What am I doing wrong? I really don't know anymore. I thanks.

11.jpg

Looks like you have a duplicate copy of the ww folder in mods...post a pic of your mods folder and your ww folder.

1 hour ago, Berserkr said:

Thanks. It is here.

2.jpg

You need to delete those winrar zip archive files...then delete the localthumbcache.package file in the sims 4 folder...do this whenever you add or delete mods or cc....I'd aloso put the ww files in their own folder too...call it Wicked Whims or WW....And I'd put any animations in a folder....Call it WW anims or something.

Edited by procian
6 hours ago, kavvanshrike said:

is there a way to get the strip club to function properly if you don't own it? Ttrying to play as the clientele not the employer and was wondering if npc controlled strip clubs were implemented.

Should work, you just need to create a family that'll own the strip club, and then you can just switch back to your regular household and you should be able to visit it.

9 hours ago, AzathotTheUnholy said:

Quick question, I finally decided to buy the game just for this mod (which I haven't installed yet) but I wanna take it slowly and see how it works, for starters I just want the nudity part, is it possible to do that? Or are there core features that come with the mod, modify the vanilla behavior and can't be deactivated?

You can disable everything else you don't want in the Wicked Settings.

10 hours ago, Husk said:

Should work, you just need to create a family that'll own the strip club, and then you can just switch back to your regular household and you should be able to visit it.

This works, but there's one problem:  the family you created to run it won't replace dancers and janitors when they age up and die off.  You'll have to play as this family from time to time to hire new employees.

Just now, merkle said:

This works, but there's one problem:  the family you created to run it won't replace dancers and janitors when they age up and die off.  You'll have to play as this family from time to time to hire new employees.

Periodically I'll go back into the household running the club and fire old dancers and hire new ones. When the owners get old I'll bring someone new from their household in and let them "retire". Unfortunately, You have to fire someone instead of retiring them but apparently there are no hard feelings since they often return as a client.

On 2/6/2022 at 9:47 AM, procian said:

You need to delete those winrar zip archive files...then delete the localthumbcache.package file in the sims 4 folder...do this whenever you add or delete mods or cc....I'd aloso put the ww files in their own folder too...call it Wicked Whims or WW....And I'd put any animations in a folder....Call it WW anims or something.

I completely delete everything and did exactly as you said. The needs are gone and no ww menu opens when you click on the bed. I only have WW and Amamara72 there now.

potřeby.jpg

postel.jpg

Edited by Berserkr
8 hours ago, Berserkr said:

I completely delete everything and did exactly as you said. The needs are gone and no ww menu opens when you click on the bed. I only have WW and Amamara72 there now.

potřeby.jpg

postel.jpg

Post another pic of your mods folder.

....let's have another look.

27 minutes ago, procian said:

Post another pic of your mods folder.

....let's have another look.

As with Skyrim, I gradually turned off the mods to see which game was breaking. But here seems to be the problematic ww or mods that change the scripts. Body and clothes are not a problem.

složky.jpg

21 minutes ago, Berserkr said:

As with Skyrim, I gradually turned off the mods to see which game was breaking. But here seems to be the problematic ww or mods that change the scripts. Body and clothes are not a problem.

složky.jpg

I'm at a loss then...your ww is in order...you have turned mods and cc on in game options/other?