TURBODRIVER

WickedWhims v163h [2021-03-29]

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, or maybe not. Please, someone bring some light into my issue.

I have Attractiveness turned on, but not the Archetypes. Because let's be honest. if you just want to bang someone, you don't care if is Heroic or Materialistic, you only care about looks. Jealousy off, check for relationship & risks on, gender preferences on. Basically if X and Y like each other (attractiveness) and they are both singles (relationship), they should have sex (gender preffs) and be faithful (risks).

It worked great playing with X. Relationship increase, dating, sex. commitment, etc... then join households. So I got to play with Y now. To my shock Y finds X "extremely unattractive". How's that possible? I had the distinct impression that was all the attractiveness system all about - to cull out unattractive sims, to prevent those ugly random generated townies to have bf/gf/spouse and to motivate player to fit in significant other(s) view of beauty. Is there something I should be doing?

Now, I know I can change the attractiveness preferences (I've already done that, I have a "vampire mother" who's basically the beauty standard in my sim game).

My problem is - why an "extremely unattractive" sim managed to find a partner, and how can I prevent that in the future? What settings?

Thank you for reading (and possible suggestions).

4 minutes ago, tahadar said:

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, or maybe not. Please, someone bring some light into my issue.

I have Attractiveness turned on, but not the Archetypes. Because let's be honest. if you just want to bang someone, you don't care if is Heroic or Materialistic, you only care about looks. Jealousy off, check for relationship & risks on, gender preferences on. Basically if X and Y like each other (attractiveness) and they are both singles (relationship), they should have sex (gender preffs) and be faithful (risks).

It worked great playing with X. Relationship increase, dating, sex. commitment, etc... then join households. So I got to play with Y now. To my shock Y finds X "extremely unattractive". How's that possible? I had the distinct impression that was all the attractiveness system all about - to cull out unattractive sims, to prevent those ugly random generated townies to have bf/gf/spouse and to motivate player to fit in significant other(s) view of beauty. Is this something I should be doing?

Now, I know I can change the attractiveness preferences (I've already done that, I have a "vampire mother" who's basically the beauty standard in my sim game).

My problem is - why an "extremely unattractive" sim managed to find a partner, and how can I prevent that in the future? What settings?

Thank you for reading (and possible suggestions).

The thing that I found when I was playing with my household is that said attractiveness should also be called preferences. For the most part there is no such thing as attractiveness in game apart from body type and how the player sees it. All ww attractiveness is a set of one sims preferences and checks along those preferences. So here are two situation that could happen in your case, imho from my experience: 1. Y did not have generated set of preferences at all, 2 Y had some off them pre-generated but they were all of the mark, in both cases it will result in Y finding X unattractive. I did not have patience to check if the mod will actually generate some preferences in my household while they will interact with each other, but it is said in the mod description that that how it works. So I just used settings to generate set of preferences for all of them based on themselves. But here the thing as far as I understand there might be nothing you can do since those preferences can be acquired as skills or traits. It might look awkward to see something as extremely unattractive but you also have to understand that it is not something like beautiful and ugly it is just what kind of preferences in look one has. For example someone like them big someone like the small.

53 minutes ago, Pushok said:

The thing that I found when I was playing with my household is that said attractiveness should also be called preferences. For the most part there is no such thing as attractiveness in game apart from body type and how the player sees it. All ww attractiveness is a set of one sims preferences and checks along those preferences. So here are two situation that could happen in your case, imho from my experience: 1. Y did not have generated set of preferences at all, 2 Y had some off them pre-generated but they were all of the mark, in both cases it will result in Y finding X unattractive. I did not have patience to check if the mod will actually generate some preferences in my household while they will interact with each other, but it is said in the mod description that that how it works. So I just used settings to generate set of preferences for all of them based on themselves. But here the thing as far as I understand there might be nothing you can do since those preferences can be acquired as skills or traits. It might look awkward to see something as extremely unattractive but you also have to understand that it is not something like beautiful and ugly it is just what kind of preferences in look one has. For example someone like them big someone like the small.

Thank you for your reply but it does not clarify my issue. Maybe my explanations were bad, English is my 3rd language. Let me try again.

Like I said, I've already set a beauty standard for all the sims (the "vampire mother" is the most attractive being, the rest are by default less attractive - because... well... they are not her). So the more a sim looks like her - including traits (eg Unique Appearance, Alluring, etc) - more attractive will be for other sims. And since the attractiveness generation action was applied to all sims, all of them share the same preferences / tastes regarding beauty or attractiveness.

To be more specific, in my game, everyone likes a non-muscular, thin woman, with medium hair, no tattoos, pale skin, medium black hair, grey eyes, dressed in black, young adult and vampire. Let's take Cassandra and Sunny. Cassandra is close to beauty standard, Sunny is not (blonde, muscular, blue eyes, colorful clothes, etc). For Sunny, Cassandra will Attractive. For Cassandra, Sunny will be Unattractive. Yet, they can develop a relationship, regardless of how they perceive each other - and this thing should not happen - at least in my understanding.

How can I prevent that?

2 minutes ago, tahadar said:

Thank you for your reply but it does not clarify my issue. Maybe my explanations were bad, English is my 3rd language. Let me try again.

Like I said, I've already set a beauty standard for all the sims (the "vampire mother" is the most attractive being, the rest are by default less attractive - because... well... they are not her). So the more a sim looks like her - including traits (eg Unique Appearance, Alluring, etc) - more attractive will be for other sims. And since the attractiveness generation action was applied to all sims, all of them share the same preferences / tastes regarding beauty or attractiveness.

To be more specific, in my game, everyone likes a non-muscular, thin woman, with medium hair, no tattoos, pale skin, medium black hair, grey eyes, dressed in black, young adult and vampire. Let's take Cassandra and Sunny. Cassandra is close to beauty standard, Sunny is not (blonde, muscular, blue eyes, colorful clothes, etc). For Sunny, Cassandra will Attractive. For Cassandra, Sunny will be Unattractive. Yet, they can develop a relationship, regardless of how they perceive each other - and this thing should not happen - at least in my understanding.

How can I prevent that?

Well I did understand what you meant. And that is what I said in the end, that as far as I understand you can't do that. I kinda get what are you trying to build there, but attractiveness can change since there is no option to lock it and it can't prevent sims from relationships, just hinder it. So in your game everyone prefer thin woman with medium hair and etc, but they can still get to like someone else, it just will be more difficult. And if the description is right and it works that way, with time their preferences will change according to what the one they have relationship with looks like.

13 minutes ago, Pushok said:

Well I did understand what you meant. And that is what I said in the end, that as far as I understand you can't do that. I kinda get what are you trying to build there, but attractiveness can change since there is no option to lock it and it can't prevent sims from relationships, just hinder it. So in your game everyone prefer thin woman with medium hair and etc, but they can still get to like someone else, it just will be more difficult. And if the description is right and it works that way, with time their preferences will change according to what the one they have relationship with looks like.

Even is not what I wanted to hear / read, it does clarify my issue.

So the attractiveness system is not a hard lock that prevents romantic relationship between an ugly and a handsome sim, just a basic set of preferences. That's sort of disappointing to be honest. Because now... I really can't see the point of this feature. :( it just another script cluttering the background with no real impact on game-play.

Thank you for taking the time to explain it.

18 hours ago, Vincenza said:

I'm not saying anything against MCCC. I'm sure it's a great mod but like I said, I don't use it. servos can adopt children? if i don't play them? how does it work, now i don't understand anything, my other families don't do that either.

It's just the things that are vanilla EA game features.

Somewhat like EA's TS3 Story Progression.

Sims will autonomously fill empty houses, get jobs, move in together, get married, get pregnant, etc.

It will also just drop ready made families into the game on occasion but usually they're homeless NPC's.

Although I've never had Servos spawn anywhere else besides the University area.

Yes any life sate(occult) can adopt children or pets.

Just saying that other mods can stop most of auto EA stuff mentioned above to prevent overpopulation, etc. if needed.

11 minutes ago, Raniron said:

Hello, is there a way to disable certain part of the mods? such as periods?

There is, just click anywhere and choose ww/settings. You will get a menu for the mod where you can disable or enable what you want.

4 hours ago, tahadar said:

So the attractiveness system is not a hard lock that prevents romantic relationship between an ugly and a handsome sim, just a basic set of preferences. That's sort of disappointing to be honest. Because now... I really can't see the point of this feature. :( it just another script cluttering the background with no real impact on game-play.

You have a yes or not option in the settings if you want it to impact progression (in actuality it's more of a barrier/condition check).

The system itself has huge potential but I'm quite sure hard coding all that stuff to be more stable is a complex task.
One of the main problems is when you use custom hair meshes, because those that use alpha structures don't have the same tagging system that vanilla hair uses; so, for example, you end up having completely different indicators if you have outfits with different hairstyles, which constantly change the attraction system. Since vanilla hairstyles have the tagging in place so it works with the attr system, some custom meshes are completely unrecognized and it turns into a butterfly effect, you remove a variable that changes the weighting of one option and then the others change as well. It's the same for the clothing options, if you set a specific preference and then the circumstances change (different time/outfit), it can make the system go completely bonkers from 100 to 0. So it just results in being totally random sometimes (not to even mention no one except for its coders know how it works and if sliders completely mess it up).

It's a really interesting, maybe even innovative idea for a mod feature, but it's probably a limitation of how it's implemented. Then again, not like the base game's is any better, to be fair.

2 hours ago, alexlll said:

Hi TURBO! Make it possible to autonomously attach sims to running animations. For example: 2 sims have sex, and a third looks and joins them.

cant you already do that? just turn off the ask notification.

1 hour ago, dsnow said:

You have a yes or not option in the settings if you want it to impact progression (in actuality it's more of a barrier/condition check).

The system itself has huge potential but I'm quite sure hard coding all that stuff to be more stable is a complex task.
One of the main problems is when you use custom hair meshes, because those that use alpha structures don't have the same tagging system that vanilla hair uses; so, for example, you end up having completely different indicators if you have outfits with different hairstyles, which constantly change the attraction system. Since vanilla hairstyles have the tagging in place so it works with the attr system, some custom meshes are completely unrecognized and it turns into a butterfly effect, you remove a variable that changes the weighting of one option and then the others change as well. It's the same for the clothing options, if you set a specific preference and then the circumstances change (different time/outfit), it can make the system go completely bonkers from 100 to 0. So it just results in being totally random sometimes (not to even mention no one except for its coders know how it works and if sliders completely mess it up).

It's a really interesting, maybe even innovative idea for a mod feature, but it's probably a limitation of how it's implemented. Then again, not like the base game's is any better, to be fair.

Some time ago I watched a video on yt of a guy (quite annoying and hysterical) making an obese, purple, disgusting looking sim, courting the most attractive townies - and succeeding. And I was like "something is very wrong here". Hell, was uncomfortable even to watch. So when Turbo added this feature on his mod - about 6 months ago I think,  I had my hopes up it would be the end of that "very wrong" feeling I had.  But it seems I was.. well... wrong. 

Who knows... maybe one day?

2 hours ago, dsnow said:
Spoiler

The tagging system is the exact same for cc and vanilla items...

The system isn't automatic, creators must manually tag their cc before sharing it. So if WW attraction system has any issue categorizing a piece of cc it is because the creator hasn't taken the time to tag each color swatch properly. For example take a look at this hair by Anto I've just downloaded:

Spoiler

sdfsdfsdfsf.PNG.11064060d2ae03ab9f6ba0cda0fd609e.PNG

As you can see, the green swatch that is selected is wrongly tagged as brown. Every other color swatch is tagged as brown too even if it isn't brown.

The length and the hair texture are ok in this case, but they could be wrong too in other cc.

You can fix this using sims4studio or any other cc creation tool, but you'll have to go package by package and swatch by swatch.

55 minutes ago, tahadar said:

Who knows... maybe one day?

Totally agree, I've been hoping for a different take on the whole system cause I think it can completely improve the game (with like different types of weighting, etc. so it's not as random). Maybe Turbo will do it at some point!

27 minutes ago, Vampiressa said:

The tagging system is the exact same for cc and vanilla items...

The system isn't automatic, creators must manually tag their cc before sharing it.

No, I get that, I never said WW should do it and not the cc creators. I don't know how it works exactly, I've just seen people mention it when I was looking for modding/mesh tutorials, something related to how the alpha hairs work differently. I think the length has a higher weight in the whole system or something like that which makes the results vary wildly so that's why I mentioned it. Either way it's good to know there's a quick fix for the swatch-mismatch, thanks!

What have you all been doing to get a well balanced attractiveness rate among the different categories? The only two that I've been able to get decent results with is the bottom two, but full random makes the physical category almost nonexistent whereas based on the most common attractive traits decimates the entire hair category (except eyebrows which is weirdly always like 70% across the board).

On 6/20/2019 at 12:28 PM, LadyDiath said:

MY lastException file say

Outdated Tunable Resource Error

Outdated Tunable Resource requires removing.

Tunable Game Resource with name 'TURBODRIVER:WickedWhims_Object_Condom_Default_White' contains incorrect/outdated information.

You need to locate the PACKAGE file, in your The Sims 4 Mods folder, that contains this resource and remove it. Try starting with the oldest modifications you have.
If this is a new issue, try removing the most recent mod you have installed.

When i use the sims 4 lastException assistant ( lastexception.com )

I'm getting this error almost an year later. Anyone got a clue?

So, inventory sorting coming in patch in two weeks.

I expect mods to be broken a lot this time - and in case of WW, probably some issues with condoms and such. Maybe good to keep this in mind and hold off the update if that's the case.

4 hours ago, Achelexus said:

I'm getting this error almost an year later. Anyone got a clue?

If the sim you are playing with has anything from WW in their personal inventory (condoms, birth control or pads/tampons) delete it, then save and exit. Once you exit go into your TS4 game folder and delete your localthumbcache before restarting. That should fix it.  It caused by one of the objects in WW, but once you do this the message should disappear and by deleting the localthumbcache it will take out any old remnants of the mod without hurting your game.