WickedWhims v178c [2024-02-28]

EA pisses me off U make a game that has base start with adult theme then when creators mod those actions for over 18 crowd ever time you update the game you kill those creators hard work Leave the game alone or sell a franchise to us that want to write adult mods cc and play like we live life!

6 minutes ago, Loucifer13 said:

EA pisses me off U make a game that has base start with adult theme then when creators mod those actions for over 18 crowd ever time you update the game you kill those creators hard work Leave the game alone or sell a franchise to us that want to write adult mods cc and play like we live life!

You do realize that ALL mods are at risk of breaking during a patch, right? The small patches often don't bother most mods, including Wicked Whims, but this was actually a very large update to the game. 

As a side note DO NOT UPDATE sign out of origin close the window, turn off your modem or wifi or disconnect LAN cord. Reopen Origin sign in off line mode play game with all mods and cc working till it is fixed so what about fire fighters ladders and cas bs I have played the game without this since it came out no big deal. Would rather have mods than a vanilla game 

Just now, RUASim21 said:

You do realize that ALL mods are at risk of breaking during a patch, right? The small patches often don't bother most mods, including Wicked Whims, but this was actually a very large update to the game. 

yes I know I am a creator of cc I know the work that goes into this also have been playing Sims with mods and cc since S2 so a little tired of this update crash wait to fix mods so I can play the game I designed when I downloaded my mods and cc

24 minutes ago, l0ngdickj0hns0n said:

the update available today (probably getting ready for the new map) installed this morning. wickedwhims no longer working. I'm sure you guys are use to this but I figured I would let you know. June 6th 2020. 

Man. I'm dumb as hell. I saw WW updated on the 30th and thought 'oh it'll still be fine even with this new patch' and was sitting here deleting a bunch of mods thinking it was outdated crap that wasn't working with WW, thanks for posting this or I'd have sat here stewing for a while wondering what the hell I was doing wrong lol

8 minutes ago, Julie1918 said:

Please update the mod is broken. Like me most people have auto update on so I didn't even know of this until now. 

Nope, most people have auto updates disabled.

At least the active members that read a few things now and then.

The problem is with people that come here and sign up, download, and never return until something breaks.

Sorry to be gruff but warnings have been posted in several places for days now, but you learned something now and so have a few others.

1 hour ago, Ashler Zapatero said:

Looks like an update needs done, updated my game this morning, now ww doesn't work, is there a way to roll back the update? I want my mods lol

If you have a backup: Yes, simply use your backup.

Damn, I downloaded this mod for the first time TODAY after I saw a video of it this morning. First mod I have ever installed since Sims 3.  I was like god damn, this is fun. Just feel so unlucky that I got to play 4 hours, then downloaded another extra mod and went to origin to start the game, super hype when they started to update.... BRUH. It's my own damn fault for not knowing that a update was coming and was stupid enough to have autoupdate on. Well, now its off and I deleted all mods (I only had whicked whims anyway and didn't make big progress either, fooling around with all new things to do).

My question is how long should I expect it to take for Turbodriver to update the mod? Just wondering when I should check back in to install it again, if it is a matter of days or weeks. I saw that Turbodriver has a patreon, does he/she release the updates early for the patreons first?

Since I first discovered this mod today I am a big noob, so I have no idea how long it usually take. ? 

I don't see it taking TurboDriver too long to update WW. Most of it works (apart from the actual sexy business).
The logs say it's just a single function that has changed the number of arguments it uses so it should be a simple fix.
It's the testing afterwards that will take time as they need to make sure that nothing else has broken.

Edit.
I have just seen the update on Patreon released a matter of minutes ago. It's only a matter of time before the free one is available.

Edit 2.
There we go, 155g released for everyone.

46 minutes ago, secretbadgirl777 said:

I can't download this update because it doesn't include the normal "OPTIONAL WINDOWS INSTALLATION" link in the file. Is that posted somewhere else? NEED HELP ASAP!

It's been removed from what I've heard.

If you don't know how to install Mods you will have to learn now, (It really is quite easy once you've done it a few times).

Do you know where your Mods folder is, I mean can you use windows explorer and navigate to that folder to see it?

All you have to do is extract the Wicked.zip file first and copy/paste the Wicked** folder into your Mods folder.

Look around to make sure you don't have another WW (old) version in there.

My PC OS Info: Windows 7 Ultimate x64bit

Seems like today's patch broke my entire game.

Did anyone who tried today's patch and the game broke or something?

I have removed every mods and saves in the folder and there is nothing.

I went to new game, created sims, chose seasons, and picked world (willow creek) to play.

When it load the sim in live mode, I can clearly see problems.

The build mode greyed out, I can't click the menu, there is no panel and nothing.

So, I removed the sims 4 folder and tried it, same result.

This is what I got in lastUIException.txt:

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>40da95867ff21bfb5ed88036</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2020-06-04 05:04:38</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.63.133.1020-1.200.000.451.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>(AS)olympus.core::LayoutManager</categoryid><desyncid>40da95867ff21bfb5ed88036</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.&#13;&#10;    at olympus.core::LayoutManager/LoadWidgetCompleteHandler()&#13;&#10;rtim=16245&#13;&#10;ClientInfo isn't here</desyncdata></report>
</root>

Here is printscreen screenshot I got.

image.thumb.png.222926898ded9396741df5f00d31c643.png

Will the WW update also work for people, who don't want to update their game till August or so? I have so many mods, and ain't planning to buy the latest expansion, that I want to hold off at least a couple of months, till everything is working properly. :)

the patch is less than 10 hours live. turbodriver has reacted very fast and released an update. but he explicitly states that further updates will be necessary. there will also follow improvements from EA. this is normal after every big patch. there are known bugs in sims4 that are as old as the game itself. EA doesn't give a shit about that. is it so hard to wait a few days until everything calms down? is sims 4 such a cool game that you can't live without it? i can't understand people who are upset that their game doesn't work properly. that's not very intelligent.

14 minutes ago, vel88 said:

Will the WW update also work for people, who don't want to update their game till August or so? I have so many mods, and ain't planning to buy the latest expansion, that I want to hold off at least a couple of months, till everything is working properly. :)

i wouldn't update wickedwhims if i were you. then your game runs without problems as always. the new update of turbodriver is just an adaptation to the new addon and brings no changes.

2 hours ago, jenyeah said:

My PC OS Info: Windows 7 Ultimate x64bit

Seems like today's patch broke my entire game.

Did anyone who tried today's patch and the game broke or something?

I have removed every mods and saves in the folder and there is nothing.

I went to new game, created sims, chose seasons, and picked world (willow creek) to play.

When it load the sim in live mode, I can clearly see problems.

The build mode greyed out, I can't click the menu, there is no panel and nothing.

So, I removed the sims 4 folder and tried it, same result.

This is what I got in lastUIException.txt:

Here is printscreen screenshot I got.

Did you remove the mods folder before or after updating?

Are you using any UI cheat mod?

Have you tried repairing the game? You can do that in origin, but remember to take out the mods folder before doing it. You have to right-click on the game icon and you should be seeing the repair option.