WickedWhims v179a [2024-04-01]

3 hours ago, 1990TD said:

I'm a girl :')

I responded because we both have an issue we're not sure how to resolve. I hope the maker will see this and help us out... I'm very new to mods, so I'm pretty sure I cannot help you....

Ok, nice girl! 

I installed the version of Patreon, and instead of placing it in a folder, I put it directly in the Mods folder of the game.

I started the game with this setting, but the Warning message continues, until the game is locked.

The error file does not appear in The Sims 4 folder, but a file was generated that I do not know if it describes everything necessary for the author of the mod to solve it.

In any case, I send it here as an attachment for your examination.

I add a screenshot of my game with the error that appears, obviously in my language.

In any case, something is wrong, I do not know if the mod code is wrong or something in the game itself. I have no idea what's up.

Meanwhile, I tell you that it has been more than 2 weeks since the online gallery doesn't work for me and I don't know why. Neither EA can help me about it.

Therefore, I had to resort to another way to access content from the game community through the web gallery and using a web "mod" to download content for my games.

The Sims 4 is originally in Origin, all in order as it corresponds to every legitimate player who plays an original copy of the game.

Anyway, I await your comments and advice.

A hug to all!
The bug:

error1.png.2e8e71e2c59635a3b0a5779a2a541401.png

The distribution of the archives in the Mods folder of the game:

mods1.PNG.282060afa0f7a5a8722aa1eba69bd270.PNG

WickedWhims.log it is the file that I attached, the one that appeared automatically because of the bug that crashes the game. 

WickedWhims.log

2 hours ago, OctavioA83 said:

Ok, nice girl! 

I installed the version of Patreon, and instead of placing it in a folder, I put it directly in the Mods folder of the game.

I started the game with this setting, but the Warning message continues, until the game is locked.

The error file does not appear in The Sims 4 folder, but a file was generated that I do not know if it describes everything necessary for the author of the mod to solve it.

In any case, I send it here as an attachment for your examination.

I add a screenshot of my game with the error that appears, obviously in my language.

In any case, something is wrong, I do not know if the mod code is wrong or something in the game itself. I have no idea what's up.

Meanwhile, I tell you that it has been more than 2 weeks since the online gallery doesn't work for me and I don't know why. Neither EA can help me about it.

Therefore, I had to resort to another way to access content from the game community through the web gallery and using a web "mod" to download content for my games.

The Sims 4 is originally in Origin, all in order as it corresponds to every legitimate player who plays an original copy of the game.

Anyway, I await your comments and advice.

A hug to all!

The bug:

error1.png.2e8e71e2c59635a3b0a5779a2a541401.png

The distribution of the archives in the Mods folder of the game:

mods1.PNG.282060afa0f7a5a8722aa1eba69bd270.PNG

WickedWhims.log it is the file that I attached, the one that appeared automatically because of the bug that crashes the game. 

WickedWhims.log 249.55 kB · 1 download

Are you telling us this is not a legitimate bought-from-Origin copy of your game?

4 minutes ago, DarkAudit said:

Are you telling us this is not a legitimate bought-from-Origin copy of your game?

It may be a translation thing, online has been a bitch for me too with the game for the last week, it keeps doing the, "you seem to be offline" bullshit and notifications are acting weird at best.  

10 hours ago, dsnow said:

I'm gonna start with a very obvious suggestion that you may, of course, have tried or know, but it's really amazing how sometimes you miss the simple things. But how did you update the mod? As in: did you copy/paste AND chose the "replace files" option in your mods folder (extremely important) or did you do a "clean install" of the mod?

Another thing, you can place your mods 1 folder deep down the general mods directory, but no further as it can cause issues especially for scripts. You don't necessarily have to pile them all together (it's gonna be really annoying to troubleshoot stuff later on).

Thanks for pointing out the obvious, haha, I am the type of person that forgets that so it's appreciated, but as a matter of fact: yes, I did get the latest version and I chose to replace them. I eventually deleted everything from Turbodriver from my mods, so I got a clean install, no mistakes possible. I first downloaded it from his website, that didn't work (I got that error), then the version on this very website 2h after it had been uploaded. 

I downloaded it on my new laptop, I haven't tried it on my pc yet... I guess I'll try that for now, 

Okay, whilst opening my game on my PC, I noticed the pop-up mentioned all the scripts I have. On my laptop, it didn't show any scripts (it DOES show packages) - not even the ones that aren't from WickedWhims. I think the best solution for me is to use the older version on my laptop.

So weird, I can't think of any reason why it would'nt work... ARGH

@1990TD  Are you sure you checked the option to allow script mods on your laptop (there are 2 different options for packages and scripts)? Might be possible that you missed it or thought it was enabled when you were on pc.
Also, are you running an english version? Pretty sure there were issues before with language packs and updates because of the language tags.

2 hours ago, OctavioA83 said:

I have a legitimate copy of the game from Origin.  I bought the game on January 4, 2015, I have the online invoice issued by Origin.

WW must be located in Mods/WickedWhimsMod

Do not move files to another place. Do not rename them. 
It's an important condition from TURBO, which is neglected by someone.

p.s And of course delete the localthumbcache.package  after each interaction with the Mods folder

I have a question is it possible for roomates to have sex between them autonomously? they can have sex with friends, use solo interactions and ask me for sex, but no matter what they just don't register eachother as possible partners and I have 5 and make sure to talk to them and includie everyone on conversations to raise up their friendship, I even put every possible cheat to ignore everything ramp up the autonomy to the max and nope, nothing.

3 hours ago, dsnow said:

@1990TD  Are you sure you checked the option to allow script mods on your laptop (there are 2 different options for packages and scripts)? Might be possible that you missed it or thought it was enabled when you were on pc.
Also, are you running an english version? Pretty sure there were issues before with language packs and updates because of the language tags.

There are 2 different options? As far as I know, Sims only has the option to 'allow custom content', meaning both Packages and Scripts. When I started the game on my laptop, it showed packages, not scripts. But it might be that I remember that from after I removed all scripts except Turbodriver's... gheh.

I run the Dutch game but all my mods are in English. Dutch is not common, but also, I wouldn't like half of my mods being Dutch and the other half being English :') So yeah, for WW I use the English version.

I'm gonna try and start the game on my laptop, with version 150b instead of 150c. Seemed to work well on my pc, will let ya'll know if it works on my laptop as well.

3 hours ago, dsnow said:

OH MY GOD I JUST NOTICED

You are right. You are god damn right. I didn't see that there were TWO thingies to check off. Was that always the case and did I forget?

Well, it's solved. I'm an idiot xD 

Well i was able to fix my fatal script issue by deleting all my saved games, run a game repair in Origin, started a new game with no mods saved, loaded save with mods and its working, something must have got corrupted somewhere with updating mods, maybe this will help someone else with fatal script failure.

Also wanted to ask, will McCmdCenter play nice with this mod? thanks.

1 hour ago, 1990TD said:

OH MY GOD I JUST NOTICED

Hahaha, I actually know because I've been in that situation! Laptops have sort of a different layout (where everything is like shrunk down) and it's funny how easily you miss the stuff you do in auto-pilot mode lmao. Anyhow I'm glad you fixed it dude!

Edit: missed the first post, corrected now :D

4 hours ago, Veoly said:

WW must be located in Mods/WickedWhimsMod

Do not move files to another place. Do not rename them. 
It's an important condition from TURBO, which is neglected by someone.

p.s And of course delete the localthumbcache.package  after each interaction with the Mods folder

What does deleting localthumbcache.package do? either way gonna try what you said because after updating the mod it started to run worse.

1 hour ago, Sandman487 said:

What does deleting localthumbcache.package do? either way gonna try what you said because after updating the mod it started to run worse.

As @Veoly said= You should "Always" Delete the "localthumbcache.package" after adding/removing mods from your mods folder.

Read this=https://jamofjars.tumblr.com/post/175148221971/localthumbcache-101 note the bit that says "Why is it important"

Have fun & Happy Simmin. :) 

On 29.01.2020 at 19:39, 1990TD said:

Я тоже получил предупреждение. Я обновил версию, размещенную на этом сайте 2 часа назад, должен работать нормально на 1.60.54.1020. 

Моя ошибка говорит, что он не может найти «TS4script», и говорит, что я не должен помещать его в папки глубже, чем на один уровень. 

Я сохранил это здесь: Документы -> Электронное искусство -> De Sims 4 -> моды -> WickedWhimsMod

Добавлено, вы увидите, какое предупреждение я получаю. Я уже пытался поместить этот мод прямо в папку "модов". И последнее, но не менее важное: я также позаботился о том, чтобы в этих папках не было других скриптов, поэтому я уверен, что это не конфликт.

ПОЖАЛУЙСТА ПОМОГИ. Моим симам нужно свое веселье xD

WW warning.jpg

On 29.01.2020 at 19:39, 1990TD said:

Я тоже получил предупреждение. Я обновил версию, размещенную на этом сайте 2 часа назад, должен работать нормально на 1.60.54.1020. 

Моя ошибка говорит, что он не может найти «TS4script», и говорит, что я не должен помещать его в папки глубже, чем на один уровень. 

Я сохранил это здесь: Документы -> Электронное искусство -> De Sims 4 -> моды -> WickedWhimsMod

Добавлено, вы увидите, какое предупреждение я получаю. Я уже пытался поместить этот мод прямо в папку "модов". И последнее, но не менее важное: я также позаботился о том, чтобы в этих папках не было других скриптов, поэтому я уверен, что это не конфликт.

ПОЖАЛУЙСТА ПОМОГИ. Моим симам нужно свое веселье xD

WW warning.jpg

Just now, Кобра said:

I reloaded the game and now the same thing