WickedWhims v178c [2024-02-28]

9 hours ago, kwanzaabot said:

Another "yes please, OH GOD YES" for WW-lite here.

It really feels like a lot of these features are just there to justify the Patreon.

I don't want Porcelain Dolls or Tom Peeping, I just want a sex animation mod. It's all I want, and with each new unwanted addition all Turbodriver is doing is making me want to uninstall.

If somebody else came along with a rival mod that just played animations--and was compatible with all the animations created for WW--I would download that in a heartbeat.

if you took the time to go through the setting you would find that you can turn off all the stuff you do not want don't blame turbodriver if you don't like the mod no one is forcing you to mod you game with this or any creators design. I have followed and had WW installed since it came out for S2 beside the updates that EA does that crash this and other adult mods it is the most user friendly with the setting that let you design the mod to your taste. As far as the Patreon version and the public go there is really no difference having played both you get some additional stuff but I support cause of early updates I gat mine on the day of the patch or release of new version

44 minutes ago, Loucifer13 said:

if you took the time to go through the setting you would find that you can turn off all the stuff you do not want

That's assuming we haven't gone through the settings, and is totally missing the point.  Some of us would simply prefer to be able to OPT IN to additional features beyond the basic sex-animation functioning should we actually want any of them, rather than having to laboriously wade through layers of settings in order to OPT OUT of them.

It's the same preference I want applied for other areas of modern life - e.g., don't make me have to opt out of sharing my information, offer me the choice to opt in.  (Of course, that would cause them to lose revenue from selling some users' information, but oddly I simply don't seem to care about their loss.)

5 minutes ago, procian said:

Anyone getting a game crash when in the strip club?

Haven't tried the strip clubs since the update. I'll test and see if I have any issues and report back. Do you know what point you're crashing at or is it just a random thing?

Took out all mods, started a new game, WW only mod installed. Ran WW.fix and let it run. Clicked on another sim, chose "Get to know" and instant crash. Happens every time with 158c. I may have an older version on a back up, if I have the one just before strip clubs gonna test that one. If not, will have to wait for an update.

34 minutes ago, BatDood said:

Haven't tried the strip clubs since the update. I'll test and see if I have any issues and report back. Do you know what point you're crashing at or is it just a random thing?

My sim went to his club...all the staff turned up and some customers...i pressed pge up to check upstairs and the game crashed....i did notice when i checked my ww log i have x2 more buyable venues script files...deleted 1 and have restarted the game...when my club opens i will see how it goes....

3 minutes ago, procian said:

Ok removed the extra script file and played club without crashing :)

Good to know. It took some time to get back to you because I had to set up the club, buy it, hire all the staff and I let it run for two nights without issue. Glad you got your problem sorted out.

27 minutes ago, Ethyrdude said:

You don't need to go to a strip club, started a brand new game, introduced to the first sim I met, clicked "Get to know" and crash, tried with 158b and it also crashed on "Get to know". I am looking for the previous version to test.

Try this fix posted on post #24. It's solving CTD issues for some people related to this.

It's working good. People should post if there is an issue, otherwise TURBODRIVER won't know if there is a problem or not. Yes, it might be due to user error but please post, it does no good to stay silent. As long as you test things out first, to make sure it's not on your end and even if it is, somebody may have a solution.

I always wait at least a week or three before installing an update when they're released. It gives EA time to fix any possible bugs, but more importantly it gives modders time to tweak their stuff. I love the work they do and a little patience is the least I can offer in return. Offline Mode is our friend.