WickedWhims v178c [2024-02-28]

1 hour ago, Loverlabber232 said:

Antivirus disabled and still got nothing, WickedWhims May 29 was acting like this to. Could it be a upload problem? All other files seem to be fine, but when i try downloading WW , it refuses to work.

I doub it's an upload problem, me and many others have downloaded it with no trouble . It must be something on your end. Try the download links on WW's website and if that doesn't work maybe a different browser will do the trick.

1 hour ago, Vincenza said:

maybe there is now a mechanism which prevents the download if there are pirate copies of any kind on a computer. i would appreciate such a routine!

No, there isn't such a mechanism and I hope it never exists. We would see many more complains here and that's the least this thread needs...

5 hours ago, procian said:

CN was the author of another mod called ATF which he no longer has anything to do with but it's been taken over by someone else and is still available....I do not recommend getting it as it's illegal in most countries and it makes KW look like base game woohoo :(

The kind* of mod that should be banned, hope google remove the websites distributing it.

11 hours ago, Vincenza said:

then try to download it from me. i hope i am allowed to do so, if not may you forgive me, i just want to help.

WickedWhims v155f - 30 May 2020.zip 55.98 MB · 22 downloads

Hi Can you help me ? I think my version of the game is too recent for wicked whim, it's 1.62.69. Is it why none of the files I have downloaded work ? I am doing everything like the explanations but it won't work. I am playing on Mac, if that's necessary. Thank U for your time 

39 minutes ago, tobiboutet said:

Hi Can you help me ? I think my version of the game is too recent for wicked whim, it's 1.62.69. Is it why none of the files I have downloaded work ? I am doing everything like the explanations but it won't work. I am playing on Mac, if that's necessary. Thank U for your time 

of course i will help you but in your case i will not be able to because i have no idea if wickedwhims works on mac.

turbodriver does not specify this version, so i strongly assume it will not work. i am sorry, i cannot help you.

the version you specify is correct.

mac.PNG

8 minutes ago, Vincenza said:

of course i will help you but in your case i will not be able to because i have no idea if wickedwhims works on mac.

mac.PNG

thank u very much, I'll keep searching for a way to make it work  ?

2 hours ago, Vincenza said:

turbodriver does not specify this version, so i strongly assume it will not work. i am sorry, i cannot help you.

mac.PNG

Just for future clarification, Wicked Whims works on Mac. I play on a Mac without issues. I have downloaded 155f but i haven't played with it on there yet. I have been seeing on these people on here who can't even download it so...

?

And as an update: I just went in after adding 155f, used my saved setting, had my sim Sam pork one of his college roommates right quick without any issues. I have the version you have listed, so it would be a user issue.

10 hours ago, Vampiressa said:

I doub it's an upload problem, me and many others have downloaded it with no trouble . It must be something on your end. Try the download links on WW's website and if that doesn't work maybe a different browser will do the trick.

No, there isn't such a mechanism and I hope it never exists. We would see many more complains here and that's the least this thread needs...

I tried it on another browser and it downloaded, but when I extract it, There is no archives found or the file might be damaged. I don't know what to do.

P minus 35 hours and counting.

Back up your mods.

Back up your CC.

Back up your saves.

Turn off Auto Update.

Set Origin to Offline Mode.

Be prepared to lose access to the Gallery for up to a week.

Your mods WILL break. It will take time to get back up to date.

DO NOT blame the mod makers if you blindly update. The rest of us will laugh at you. It'll be your own damn fault.

38 minutes ago, DarkAudit said:

P minus 35 hours and counting.

Back up your mods.

Back up your CC.

Back up your saves.

Turn off Auto Update.

Set Origin to Offline Mode.

Be prepared to lose access to the Gallery for up to a week.

Your mods WILL break. It will take time to get back up to date.

DO NOT blame the mod makers if you blindly update. The rest of us will laugh at you. It'll be your own damn fault.

What's going on?

@DarkAudit:

i have prepared myself very well. i have already deleted everything a week ago, formatted, reinstalled the operating system. sims 4 will only be installed again when everything has calmed down here and all mods are up to date. i have no more desire for bad surprises ?

1 hour ago, Vincenza said:

@DarkAudit:

i have prepared myself very well. i have already deleted everything a week ago, formatted, reinstalled the operating system. sims 4 will only be installed again when everything has calmed down here and all mods are up to date. i have no more desire for bad surprises ?

I am not going to let patch day keep me from lewding sims. If that means I can't install my preordered Eco Living until July, then so be it. 

18 minutes ago, DarkAudit said:

I am not going to let patch day keep me from lewding sims. If that means I can't install my preordered Eco Living until July, then so be it. 

i think turbodriver has a pre-version of eco living. his mod will be up to date very fast. you can always rely on him. what worries me more is EA. they are just too stupid to patch an addon properly. there will be some patches very fast.

for this reason i have completely uninstalled sims 4, so it is not yet installed on the new system. i want a clean reinstallation.

On 5/23/2020 at 5:04 AM, DarkAudit said:

THIS MOD WILL BREAK ON 2 JUNE. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

IF YOU BLINDLY PATCH WITHOUT UPDATING MODS FIRST, IT'S YOUR OWN DAMN FAULT, AND YOU SHOULD NOT EXPECT ANY SUPPORT UNTIL THE MOD IS UPDATED.

LAST WARNING! DO NOT ASK FOR HELP IF YOU UPDATE YOUR GAME AND YOUR MODS BREAK. 

6 hours ago, 0xAF said:

sounds like apocalypse...

c'mon it's just another patch

5 hours ago, DarkAudit said:

You must be new here.

the answer is genius, it's not popular, it's epic ???

27 minutes ago, greenlightning said:

i took the mod folder out, i hope that's enough.

basically you can delete the complete EA folder, it will be newly created at game start. the only thing i would keep in your case would be the save folder. but there is also a wickedwhims folder in the save folder, i would remove that too.