WickedWhims v178c [2024-02-28]

10 minutes ago, carnation77 said:

I am not sure the problem lies with WW. 

I just loaded the save I am currently playing, where my sims live off the grid (2 females and 1 male) and none of the female sims are on the pill, one of them is pregnant and this is what I get:

Hide contents

1379913344_Screenshot2020-09-2221_07_47.png.58e2ec5f92ada050b8637dfe874d064b.png141337875_Screenshot2020-09-2221_08_07.png.489b05cca900cf4158966134055e1eef.png1106163464_Screenshot2020-09-2221_08_13.png.5337ef96ab6b3a561288edbe99875bca.png

The phone is f*cked up for all of them. But if I load other saves the phone is working well. So something must be wrong with that save...

Reveal hidden contents

170991805_Screenshot2020-09-2221_28_10.png.ca62d6cecf6921c47f4d9c3e96345e26.png179957497_Screenshot2020-09-2221_31_29.png.8fc0eca9bec6d17a1fefec8b7bd90cd0.png

As I said to Jasjoibie days ago, I had their same error and deleting the localthumbcache.package seemed to solve the problem. This time around it didn't work though. What did work was repairing the game. No idea if it's just a a fluke, but it's worth trying.

I have this problem too. Also, my teenaged sim isn't able to "share big news" with her partner. I have taken out all other mods, done a repair game, and tested with only WW in my mods folder and it is still the same.

On 9/21/2020 at 8:04 AM, Scorpio said:

Older versions won't work with the latest game version.

Did you look in your WickedWhimsMod folder and check that both files are present?

1 is a script and 1 is a Tuning.package

Also make sure you don't have any other copies of WW hiding in your mods folder.

Maybe do a file search for TURBODRIVER and see if anything else shows up.

You will know it's loaded when you enter the game and load your household as you will see a WW purple notification in upper right.

Sorry for getting back so late so I do have it in there and I opened my game to check my mods and its only showing the Tuning part of it still. Now I'm wondering if I have to buy the new game pack for the update to work... Someone help. :/

3 hours ago, carnation77 said:

I am not sure the problem lies with WW. 

I just loaded the save I am currently playing, where my sims live off the grid (2 females and 1 male) and none of the female sims are on the pill, one of them is pregnant and this is what I get:

Reveal hidden contents

1379913344_Screenshot2020-09-2221_07_47.png.58e2ec5f92ada050b8637dfe874d064b.png141337875_Screenshot2020-09-2221_08_07.png.489b05cca900cf4158966134055e1eef.png1106163464_Screenshot2020-09-2221_08_13.png.5337ef96ab6b3a561288edbe99875bca.png

The phone is f*cked up for all of them. But if I load other saves the phone is working well. So something must be wrong with that save...

Reveal hidden contents

170991805_Screenshot2020-09-2221_28_10.png.ca62d6cecf6921c47f4d9c3e96345e26.png179957497_Screenshot2020-09-2221_31_29.png.8fc0eca9bec6d17a1fefec8b7bd90cd0.png

As I said to Jasjoibie days ago, I had their same error and deleting the localthumbcache.package seemed to solve the problem. This time around it didn't work though. What did work was repairing the game. No idea if it's just a fluke, but it's worth trying.

Thanks for posting all these photos. I hope I got right that "off the grid" means that these sims are self-sufficient. 

So it seems to be a general problem/bug. I guess you do own "Eco Lifestyle" which I don't have or maybe you are playing a bit differently from how I play as I can't remember the symbol of the two sims in my sims mobile nor the § symbol. Or maybe you are using a mod that I don't use.

At least you have a household where it works. Makes me wonder if this might be related to the lot or the lot size or the world/neighbourhood you are playing in. But it could also be related to something else. Hope this will get sorted.

2 hours ago, ChocoBetty said:

Thanks for posting all these photos. I hope I got right that "off the grid" means that these sims are self-sufficient. 

So it seems to be a general problem/bug. I guess you do own "Eco Lifestyle" which I don't have or maybe you are playing a bit differently from how I play as I can't remember the symbol of the two sims in my sims mobile nor the § symbol. Or maybe you are using a mod that I don't use.

At least you have a household where it works. Makes me wonder if this might be related to the lot or the lot size or the world/neighbourhood you are playing in. But it could also be related to something else. Hope this will get sorted.

Oh I don't have eco lifestyle (the off the grid lot trait has been in the game for quite some time), the two people symbol is from a mod from littlemsSam (I think) and the § symbol is from srsly's complete cooking overhaul mod.

The problem could be related to some other mod. I have several mods who add functions to phones, so who knows, If it was a widespread problem though, more people would be getting it.

Emotions: "Bored"

Capture.JPG.006b15150f9e3d83daba16f8d9f9a185.JPG

OK first off, Thanks tons.

My sim constantly bitches when asked to paint or build a rocket (for example).

This happened right around the time I bought 
"Cats and Dogs" 

But it reminds me tons of when this mod would make the sim have a tantrum if they were asked to kiss anyone

(something to do with attractiveness.)

So if it Is this mod, and I just missed the post on how to fix it, please someone point to it.

TLDR:

paint (anything) makes my sim do a heavy sigh, look depressed and say some cussword in Simlish.

But there is no matching Buff I can see (These guys have a buff if the room is heated, so I'm totally missing the buff or whatever)

14 hours ago, rosie_chim said:

Sorry for getting back so late so I do have it in there and I opened my game to check my mods and its only showing the Tuning part of it still. Now I'm wondering if I have to buy the new game pack for the update to work... Someone help. :/

No you don't have to buy anything.

Did you go into game settings/other and make sure both mods and scripts boxes are enabled.

Game updates turns one of them off by default.

13 hours ago, carnation77 said:

Oh I don't have eco lifestyle (the off the grid lot trait has been in the game for quite some time), the two people symbol is from a mod from littlemsSam (I think) and the § symbol is from srsly's complete cooking overhaul mod.

The problem could be related to some other mod. I have several mods who add functions to phones, so who knows, If it was a widespread problem though, more people would be getting it.

I'm sorry, I play in German and sometimes I have trouble knowing the terms in English. I think it's the one where they have not extricity, right?

I have trouble with the period tracker as well but then I have just begun using that mod last week and am still in the "trial and error" stage so I don't yet hand in information about possible bugs.

I found this thread yesterday, the WickedWhims Help Center, where you can chose from a wide variety of problems and so on. But reporting issues seems quite complicated to me and I still feel like a noob in some regards even after 30 years on the computer and about 22 years online. No idea if you might want to send in your issue there.

Sorry again for the confusion on "Eco Lifestyle". I really feel like I should add a signature somehow letting people know that a) I play in German and b) English isn't my first language. I look some things up to get it right but with "off the grid" I failed. Again, sorry.

I look some things up to get it right but with "off the grid" I failed. Again, sorry.

"off the grid" means that your sims do not rely on provided electricity and water from the "city". It is a lot trait and it requires certain sinks or showers or whatever to function. With this lot trait, your sims do not pay bills through the post. It kind of makes it like living deep in some Bayerische village with a wood stove and well without electricity. I hope that helped.

?

I'm sorry, I play in German and sometimes I have trouble knowing the terms in English. I think it's the one where they have not extricity, right?

I have trouble with the period tracker as well but then I have just begun using that mod last week and am still in the "trial and error" stage so I don't yet hand in information about possible bugs.

I found this thread yesterday, the WickedWhims Help Center, where you can chose from a wide variety of problems and so on. But reporting issues seems quite complicated to me and I still feel like a noob in some regards even after 30 years on the computer and about 22 years online. No idea if you might want to send in your issue there.

Sorry again for the confusion on "Eco Lifestyle". I really feel like I should add a signature somehow letting people know that a) I play in German and b) English isn't my first language. I look some things up to get it right but with "off the grid" I failed. Again, sorry.

Oh no need to be sorry. ?

English is not my first language either.

I mostly play saves where my sims are primitive with no phone and no electricity. I noticed a problem with the tracker some weeks ago, while playing a "normal" save but the glitch/bug comes and goes and at the moment it doesn't bother me. That is why I haven't checked if and what mods might be conflicting. I think the messed up phones in the pics I posted yesterday were really caused by a f*cked up save. Sometimes shit happens and good thing I am not overly attached to my sims...?

Hello I will try to be as plain as I can so the translator has less problems  best way to explain off the grid https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Game_guide:Off-the-grid_Lot_Trait

I have found that the lot trait Off the grid has caused a lot of problems with mods since the eco living update. Why? The phones are not suppose to work on lots with the trait. However another mod that used the phone I have tracked it down to a bug in the base game programing so its EA's bad code that they have to work around and it is not always a problem. So it will be very hard to track down for mod makers.  I don't know if that is what is the cause of your problem but its one possible answer. I lost a legacy save recently due to several of this kind of bug. I'm sorry.  I will try to translate below with google. 

_________

Hallo, ich werde versuchen, so einfach wie möglich zu sein, damit der Übersetzer weniger Probleme hat, am besten außerhalb des Rasters zu erklären. Https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Game_guide:Off-the-grid_Lot_Trait

Ich habe festgestellt, dass das Losmerkmal Off the Grid seit dem Update von eco living viele Probleme mit Mods verursacht hat. Warum? Es wird nicht angenommen, dass die Telefone mit dem Merkmal an vielen arbeiten. Allerdings hat ein anderer Mod, der das Telefon verwendet hat, es auf einen Fehler in der Basisspielprogrammierung zurückgeführt, so dass der EA-Code schlecht ist, dass sie umgehen müssen und es nicht immer ein Problem ist. Daher wird es für Mod-Hersteller sehr schwierig sein, sie aufzuspüren. Ich weiß nicht, ob das die Ursache Ihres Problems ist, aber es ist eine mögliche Antwort. Ich habe kürzlich ein Vermächtnis verloren, weil einige dieser Fehler aufgetreten sind. Es tut mir Leid. Ich werde versuchen, unten mit Google zu übersetzen.

On 9/22/2020 at 3:56 PM, Loucifer13 said:

for the 10000th time click your sim click wikked click personalize click attributes turbo made them free and added a few new

aahhh thx! i only asked once! lol maybe if there weren't so many options & menus things would be easier to find!

Or if major changes were announced at the top of the page maybe not so many would wonder where stuff goes when it suddenly disappears!

alot blame bugs or updates. me i just couldn't find it, went to cas & found the new gender stuff when i found the infertile option there. that's cool

then i saw the incest for all option in the OTHER settings! ugh so many settings! i need to write up a map or index or something! O_o

thanx again! switch to de-caf!

8 hours ago, Scorpio said:

No you don't have to buy anything.

Did you go into game settings/other and make sure both mods and scripts boxes are enabled.

Game updates turns one of them off by default.

I tried that multiple times and as I said, this has never happened to me before whenever I updated the mods. Would it be likely that I need to uninstall and re-install wicked whims to see if that corrects the issue?

The 1st screenshot below is what I get when I search 'wickedwhims' in my mods:

image.png.7d554b532d2030e3ed6c918f58c97e40.png

The second screenshot is what I get when I search either 'TURBO' or 'TURBODRIVER'.

image.png.8ecbc88e9d89e4c5be2a19a27ace601c.png

Edit: I just downloaded the newer patch and it still isn't showing up in game. :/

1 hour ago, korbe said:

aahhh thx! i only asked once! lol maybe if there weren't so many options & menus things would be easier to find!

Or if major changes were announced at the top of the page maybe not so many would wonder where stuff goes when it suddenly disappears!

alot blame bugs or updates. me i just couldn't find it, went to cas & found the new gender stuff when i found the infertile option there. that's cool

then i saw the incest for all option in the OTHER settings! ugh so many settings! i need to write up a map or index or something! O_o

thanx again! switch to de-caf!

Even if changes where at the top of the page in big red letters they wouldn't read them.

It's no one else's job to keep people informed on what's in the mod, that's something each one of us has to do by ourselves. The link to the changelog is right at the bottom of the download page, it has always been, but is easier to just ignore everything, download the mod without knowing what's in it and how it works and come here complaining when something breaks because they are lazy.

As for the many options... well, the mod is getting more and more complex with each new feature and also many people where asking for options for micromanaging everything, so this is the result.

3 hours ago, rosie_chim said:

I tried that multiple times and as I said, this has never happened to me before whenever I updated the mods. Would it be likely that I need to uninstall and re-install wicked whims to see if that corrects the issue?

The 1st screenshot below is what I get when I search 'wickedwhims' in my mods:

image.png.7d554b532d2030e3ed6c918f58c97e40.png

The second screenshot is what I get when I search either 'TURBO' or 'TURBODRIVER'.

image.png.8ecbc88e9d89e4c5be2a19a27ace601c.png

Edit: I just downloaded the newer patch and it still isn't showing up in game. :/

Just in case I ask you.

Did you follow this installation guide when you installed your mod?

If you did, this is what it suppose to show like this screenshot (My PC is Windows 7, but I don't think it matters).

image.png.529e848dd188c0dd7af7c4bc2b522b8e.png

17 hours ago, tigmagick said:

Hello I will try to be as plain as I can so the translator has less problems  best way to explain off the grid https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Game_guide:Off-the-grid_Lot_Trait

I have found that the lot trait Off the grid has caused a lot of problems with mods since the eco living update. Why? The phones are not suppose to work on lots with the trait. However another mod that used the phone I have tracked it down to a bug in the base game programing so its EA's bad code that they have to work around and it is not always a problem. So it will be very hard to track down for mod makers.  I don't know if that is what is the cause of your problem but its one possible answer. I lost a legacy save recently due to several of this kind of bug. I'm sorry.  I will try to translate below with google. 

_________

Hallo, ich werde versuchen, so einfach wie möglich zu sein, damit der Übersetzer weniger Probleme hat, am besten außerhalb des Rasters zu erklären. Https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Game_guide:Off-the-grid_Lot_Trait

Ich habe festgestellt, dass das Losmerkmal Off the Grid seit dem Update von eco living viele Probleme mit Mods verursacht hat. Warum? Es wird nicht angenommen, dass die Telefone mit dem Merkmal an vielen arbeiten. Allerdings hat ein anderer Mod, der das Telefon verwendet hat, es auf einen Fehler in der Basisspielprogrammierung zurückgeführt, so dass der EA-Code schlecht ist, dass sie umgehen müssen und es nicht immer ein Problem ist. Daher wird es für Mod-Hersteller sehr schwierig sein, sie aufzuspüren. Ich weiß nicht, ob das die Ursache Ihres Problems ist, aber es ist eine mögliche Antwort. Ich habe kürzlich ein Vermächtnis verloren, weil einige dieser Fehler aufgetreten sind. Es tut mir Leid. Ich werde versuchen, unten mit Google zu übersetzen.

Thanks for the reply. I just didn't know the term "off the grid" in the context of the game and that it was the name of a lot trait. But thanks so much for making the effort to run it through google translate. I actually only use a online dictionary for terms or words. But with the game it often doesn't work very well because certain packs have very different names in German. An example is "Nifty Knitting" which is "Schick mit Strick" in German which would translate to English as something like "Posh with rope" or whatever the translation program can come up with. That's partially a reason why I write in English. I just think it's good to let people know that it isn't my native tongue so I get caught some slack is something is unclear.

I'm sorry you lost your legacy save. It sucks when there's something you poured hours, days, weeks of even months in and then you can't use it anymore. I sometimes wish they would offer more save options. And there are times when I wished that there were some kind of auto safe in the background or if you leave the game paused for a certain amount of time it would get saved. Unfortunately I'm not very good with the technical side of saving a game and how to maybe have a second one in another place in case the file gets too bugged. I hope you get what I mean.

6 hours ago, Vincenza said:

- Changelog -

v158g [2020-09-23]

• Dropped backward compatibility for all previous game versions

i like that very much. now the little assholes who use pirate copies will finally have to buy the game!

What if they just download each version as it comes, write down the appropriate game version, and just live several versions behind?

I do realize it may be too complex for them, but it's an option...