WickedWhims v179a [2024-04-01]

1 hour ago, dsnow said:

You have a yes or not option in the settings if you want it to impact progression (in actuality it's more of a barrier/condition check).

The system itself has huge potential but I'm quite sure hard coding all that stuff to be more stable is a complex task.
One of the main problems is when you use custom hair meshes, because those that use alpha structures don't have the same tagging system that vanilla hair uses; so, for example, you end up having completely different indicators if you have outfits with different hairstyles, which constantly change the attraction system. Since vanilla hairstyles have the tagging in place so it works with the attr system, some custom meshes are completely unrecognized and it turns into a butterfly effect, you remove a variable that changes the weighting of one option and then the others change as well. It's the same for the clothing options, if you set a specific preference and then the circumstances change (different time/outfit), it can make the system go completely bonkers from 100 to 0. So it just results in being totally random sometimes (not to even mention no one except for its coders know how it works and if sliders completely mess it up).

It's a really interesting, maybe even innovative idea for a mod feature, but it's probably a limitation of how it's implemented. Then again, not like the base game's is any better, to be fair.

Some time ago I watched a video on yt of a guy (quite annoying and hysterical) making an obese, purple, disgusting looking sim, courting the most attractive townies - and succeeding. And I was like "something is very wrong here". Hell, was uncomfortable even to watch. So when Turbo added this feature on his mod - about 6 months ago I think,  I had my hopes up it would be the end of that "very wrong" feeling I had.  But it seems I was.. well... wrong. 

Who knows... maybe one day?

2 hours ago, dsnow said:
Spoiler

You have a yes or not option in the settings if you want it to impact progression (in actuality it's more of a barrier/condition check).

The system itself has huge potential but I'm quite sure hard coding all that stuff to be more stable is a complex task.
One of the main problems is when you use custom hair meshes, because those that use alpha structures don't have the same tagging system that vanilla hair uses; so, for example, you end up having completely different indicators if you have outfits with different hairstyles, which constantly change the attraction system. Since vanilla hairstyles have the tagging in place so it works with the attr system, some custom meshes are completely unrecognized and it turns into a butterfly effect, you remove a variable that changes the weighting of one option and then the others change as well. It's the same for the clothing options, if you set a specific preference and then the circumstances change (different time/outfit), it can make the system go completely bonkers from 100 to 0. So it just results in being totally random sometimes (not to even mention no one except for its coders know how it works and if sliders completely mess it up).

It's a really interesting, maybe even innovative idea for a mod feature, but it's probably a limitation of how it's implemented. Then again, not like the base game's is any better, to be fair.

The tagging system is the exact same for cc and vanilla items...

The system isn't automatic, creators must manually tag their cc before sharing it. So if WW attraction system has any issue categorizing a piece of cc it is because the creator hasn't taken the time to tag each color swatch properly. For example take a look at this hair by Anto I've just downloaded:

Spoiler

sdfsdfsdfsf.PNG.11064060d2ae03ab9f6ba0cda0fd609e.PNG

As you can see, the green swatch that is selected is wrongly tagged as brown. Every other color swatch is tagged as brown too even if it isn't brown.

The length and the hair texture are ok in this case, but they could be wrong too in other cc.

You can fix this using sims4studio or any other cc creation tool, but you'll have to go package by package and swatch by swatch.

55 minutes ago, tahadar said:

Who knows... maybe one day?

Totally agree, I've been hoping for a different take on the whole system cause I think it can completely improve the game (with like different types of weighting, etc. so it's not as random). Maybe Turbo will do it at some point!

27 minutes ago, Vampiressa said:

The tagging system is the exact same for cc and vanilla items...

The system isn't automatic, creators must manually tag their cc before sharing it.

No, I get that, I never said WW should do it and not the cc creators. I don't know how it works exactly, I've just seen people mention it when I was looking for modding/mesh tutorials, something related to how the alpha hairs work differently. I think the length has a higher weight in the whole system or something like that which makes the results vary wildly so that's why I mentioned it. Either way it's good to know there's a quick fix for the swatch-mismatch, thanks!

What have you all been doing to get a well balanced attractiveness rate among the different categories? The only two that I've been able to get decent results with is the bottom two, but full random makes the physical category almost nonexistent whereas based on the most common attractive traits decimates the entire hair category (except eyebrows which is weirdly always like 70% across the board).

On 6/20/2019 at 12:28 PM, LadyDiath said:

MY lastException file say

Outdated Tunable Resource Error

Outdated Tunable Resource requires removing.

Tunable Game Resource with name 'TURBODRIVER:WickedWhims_Object_Condom_Default_White' contains incorrect/outdated information.

You need to locate the PACKAGE file, in your The Sims 4 Mods folder, that contains this resource and remove it. Try starting with the oldest modifications you have.
If this is a new issue, try removing the most recent mod you have installed.

When i use the sims 4 lastException assistant ( lastexception.com )

I'm getting this error almost an year later. Anyone got a clue?

4 hours ago, Achelexus said:

I'm getting this error almost an year later. Anyone got a clue?

If the sim you are playing with has anything from WW in their personal inventory (condoms, birth control or pads/tampons) delete it, then save and exit. Once you exit go into your TS4 game folder and delete your localthumbcache before restarting. That should fix it.  It caused by one of the objects in WW, but once you do this the message should disappear and by deleting the localthumbcache it will take out any old remnants of the mod without hurting your game. 

Just now, lostintranslations said:

where is the link for it ? Can't find it ....

The animations are all in their own threads and can be found toward the bottom of the Wicked Whims download page. Just choose the animations you like. I would advise you to create a folder in your mods folder titled "animations" and put all the animation files there in one location. You do not need to update them unless you want the latest animations to show up from whatever creators you download. 

Just now, RUASim21 said:

The animations are all in their own threads and can be found toward the bottom of the Wicked Whims download page. Just choose the animations you like. I would advise you to create a folder in your mods folder titled "animations" and put all the animation files there in one location. You do not need to update them unless you want the latest animations to show up from whatever creators you download. 

Got it ! Thank you so much !

3 hours ago, jayshags said:

How did you fix this problem please

How about the other choices like Footjob, do they show up or not ?

Were did you put the aninmations packages anyway.  I put all of them here: \Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\Wicked-Whims

I have a couple questions about personalities: is there a way to check what personalities other sims have after the point when the game tells you, what is the point of persuasion skill?

When my sims don't know someone they can try to fake personality but after you get to know them that option disappears and in friendly dialog options only my sims personality topics remain, so then what is the point in that? What one has to do with it? It is a good idea but i don't really get it. Thank you.

3 minutes ago, Pushok said:

Not sure about the latter (I'd say it's probably there for those who have the story progression enabled, iirc there's a slight rng that faking an archetype fails and it doesn't progress the social bar, that might be related to the persuasion skill), but once you go to the fake personality menu and choose one, then more interaction options appear based on which archetype you picked. The way to check which personalities non-actives/npcs have is by using get to know option, which then displays it.

6 minutes ago, dsnow said:

Not sure about the latter (I'd say it's probably there for those who have the story progression enabled, iirc there's a slight rng that faking an archetype fails and it doesn't progress the social bar, that might be related to the persuasion skill), but once you go to the fake personality menu and choose one, then more interaction options appear based on which archetype you picked. The way to check which personalities non-actives/npcs have is by using get to know option, which then displays it.

Do you meant attractiveness story progression? Are those two even relate to each other? So if I didn't write it down the only way to check again is by choosing get to know option? Well it says in the game that the option to fake and impress are related to persuasion skill but there is no progression in levelig that skill. Or maybe it just so small and I need to do that fake personality also. I just want to understand how this mechanic works in game since atm I am somewhat confused.

1 hour ago, Pushok said:

You have two options when you go to the story progression menu, one of them which you've mentioned - attraction system progression (this is basically just an additional condition-check to the dice-roll that Y accepts X's proposition or not) and the personality one. It's not really like a complex progression you'd imagine, it's more of an additional layer to the base stuff. The personality system progression just increases the social bar gains if it detects compatibility (so in other words if major/minor personalities coincide, which is why you have the fake option) and I assume it's also a factor considered in the accept/refuse dice-roll (if the progression option is enabled in settings).

Edit: as far as I know it's the only way to check, yes.

By the way, wasn't there a plan to give sims way to sell their nudes over the internet or something? And if yes, is it anywhere in development? Patreon only?

Edit: nevermind, I found it's a v156 planned feature - keeping the above post in case someone is looking for it.