[mod] [Stellaris] EoS - Without Apparel Patch

Oh yeah, and I love the guys.

Me too! It may be just my imagination but I feel like the male portrait has a mild case of resting bee face and it looks sooo elfy XD I love it <3

And oh, you're fast! How did you make it so quickly? Did you just have a spare pair of breasts lying around? XD

Already got most of the wonkyhead aliens converted. I'd better stop now actually and get back to the ship. I'm so close it MUST be finished! laugh.pnglaugh.png

So, not so bad after all on the portrait front. Except for clothes of course but I've already done some quick tests. I think I can just resize them slightly. It's not going to be the huge job I was thinking. cool.gif

The ship situation is pretty significant however. I think in order to save my existing ship sets (not the asari, that's different) I'm going to have to simply rebuild them from version 1.3 avian like I'm going to do with the asari. The asset and gfx files are totally revamped in the update and it's such a mess I think it's easier to start over. confused.gif

Also, I have a thought....  perhaps instead of migrating both drow and elves over to the slim bodies, perhaps just one? (Although the drow versions look great too! laugh.png) I don't know, have to think about it. I'll see how bad it is resizing the clothes for real and decide then.

At any rate, I will put together a human clothing pack to release as a modder's resource before I switch over. I do have some clothes that never made it into the mods that are done. (I think... angel.gif)

Oh... it turns out each alien is just ever so slightly different. They all have different shoulder heights. That shouldn't be too much trouble for slave gear at least. So I should be able to produce a Real Alien Slaves mod easily enough. laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

Speaking of which, I wonder what happened to the Klingo-dassians' left side of the body. It looks... a bit missing

Whoa! I hadn't got to those yet! What the heck? Yes their arms are all missing! EEK! One armed Cardassians! RUNN! laugh.pnglaugh.png

For what it's worth, I'd like to see the drow and elves on the same base body.

Do you plan to keep the Drow and Elves mods separate after the update?

Honestly...... I'm leaning that way myself. The elves look great slim and so to the Drow. I'll likely do both. Really it makes sense anyway because I can share clothing if need be.

They'll still be separate, yes. I'm intending to make some new ships specifically for each mod now that I know how. cool.gif And besides, sometimes I'll play elves only or Drow only. No need to cram them together. biggrin.png 

Oh! And speaking of updating the elves and drow mods, I ran a game a few days ago with both enabled and I was using the observer mode to test a few things. During that game I made a startling discovery and I'm not sure how you'll feel about it...

Apparently... space mushrooms have a natural affinity for the Elven Beauty trait! Like half the aliens in my galaxy had it, and a few others had Elven and Dark Elven longevity too XD

So perhaps it would make sense to rename those traits? In case they end up getting attached to AI-generated mushrooms. Or alternatively you could add the "is_ai = no" property to the traits which should prevent random species from getting them. You might also want to set the equivalent traits (such as Elven and Dark Elven and also Venerable, Enduring and Fleeting) as opposites so they can't be picked together if someone is running both mods. And I think it's safe, it shouldn't break anything if only one is active.

*ruuuuns*

Oh! Also did you notice that Humanoid 4 (which henceforth shall be known as Izsha-like-head-things because they remind me of the cutest character in Starcraft) has a second variant? With a wider frame and things coming off its shoulders? Both male and female.

And the answer to all of these questions is: they have bad alpha layers. All Humanoid 4's are supposed to have the thingies on the shoulders. Also the Cardassians actually have both arms when you open the file. Looks like they screwed up on the transparency. Perhaps they didn't notice because the clothes cover everything.

I will just fix all those errors (guys too it seems) when I finish wrapping up erm...  Nessa's Alien Without Apparel Mod. laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

Oh! And speaking of updating the elves and drow mods, I ran a game a few days ago with both enabled and I was using the observer mode to test a few things. During that game I made a startling discovery and I'm not sure how you'll feel about it...

Apparently... space mushrooms have a natural affinity for the Elven Beauty trait! Like half the aliens in my galaxy had it, and a few others had Elven and Dark Elven longevity too XD

So perhaps it would make sense to rename those traits? In case they end up getting attached to AI-generated mushrooms. Or alternatively you could add the "is_ai = no" property to the traits which should prevent random species from getting them. You might also want to set the equivalent traits (such as Elven and Dark Elven and also Venerable, Enduring and Fleeting) as opposites so they can't be picked together if someone is running both mods. And I think it's safe, it shouldn't break anything if only one is active.

Don't I have those already set to ai=no? Hah, maybe I keep just -thinking- I've done that!! laugh.pnglaugh.png Yes, talking shrooms with elven beauty probably isn't a good idea. laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png Though it would be funny with the new happy starfish thing!! blush.gif Oh and those starfish do wave. It's hilarious! laugh.png 

Can I set opposites for something on another mod? (I thought I had venerable set to opposite too. You know it's bad when you can't even remember your own mods! laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png)

Oh hey, while I'm thinking on it. About colors. The way Drow/Elves are set up now, you get different lip and eye colors but the skin tone is the same for each pheno. What if with the new phenos, I alter their skin tone as well. It's a simple thing and might help get a little variety in there. (At least initially. I've already lined up 3 new faces for girls and 2 for guys! laugh.png)

*ruuuuns*

Oh! Also did you notice that Humanoid 4 (which henceforth shall be known as Izsha-like-head-things because they remind me of the cutest character in Starcraft) has a second variant? With a wider frame and things coming off its shoulders? Both male and female.

And the answer to all of these questions is: they have bad alpha layers. All Humanoid 4's are supposed to have the thingies on the shoulders. Also the Cardassians actually have both arms when you open the file. Looks like they screwed up on the transparency. Perhaps they didn't notice because the clothes cover everything.

I will just fix all those errors (guys too it seems) when I finish wrapping up erm...  Nessa's Alien Without Apparel Mod. laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

Don't I have those already set to ai=no? Hah, maybe I keep just -thinking- I've done that!! laugh.pnglaugh.png Yes, talking shrooms with elven beauty probably isn't a good idea. laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png Though it would be funny with the new happy starfish thing!! blush.gif Oh and those starfish do wave. It's hilarious! laugh.png

Can I set opposites for something on another mod? (I thought I had venerable set to opposite too. You know it's bad when you can't even remember your own mods! laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png)

Huh... Actually I think they may be this way for a reason. The portraits file only uses the slim version without shoulder-things:

humanoid_04_female_01 	= {	entity = "humanoid_04_female_01_entity"	clothes_selector = "humanoid_03_male_clothes_01" hair_selector = "no_texture"	greeting_sound = "human_female_greetings_01" 
		character_textures = {
			"gfx/models/portraits/humanoid/humanoid_04_female_01_blue.dds"
			"gfx/models/portraits/humanoid/humanoid_04_female_01_blue.dds"
			"gfx/models/portraits/humanoid/humanoid_04_female_01_purple.dds"
			"gfx/models/portraits/humanoid/humanoid_04_female_01_pink.dds"
			"gfx/models/portraits/humanoid/humanoid_04_female_01_red.dds"
		}
	}	

So I guess the second variant must be an alternative version that didn't make it into the final build but they left the files in? Personally I kinda like both! Mmmm... interesting.

And as for traits: yes you can set opposites to traits from another mod and you did remember to put venerable and enduring in, but not Fleeting (the negative lifespan trait) ^^

Oh and more skin colours are always nice! I'm pretty sure elves can get a tan too! n_~

I don't think the ai=no tag works, unfortunately. I added that tag to the traits in my copy of your mod and started a new game. In that game I found a non-elven race using the Ilythiiri Vigilance trait.

I don't think the ai=no tag works, unfortunately. I added that tag to the traits in my copy of your mod and started a new game. In that game I found a non-elven race using the Ilythiiri Vigilance trait.

Huh, must be a workaround somewhere.

And  naturally I couldn't help myself. I decided to see exactly how easy it was with giant eyes to work with. I tried simply superimposing an existing image over the base head and stretching it into place. (Not having to physically draw anything would be lovely. angel.gif)

post-99-0-66272400-1477011175_thumb.jpg

Which pretty much decides the issue. I need to move elves/drow over to the new slim base. wink.png

One workaround would be to increase the cost of the lifespan trait. I put my Asari lifespan trait at 4 and randomised species seem to avoid it. That does mean you'd have to recalculate and change traits around for your pregenerated and system-initialised empires. Probably the reason mushrooms like elven traits so much is because they're so cheap n_n

I've decided to -eventually- move to the slimmer frame, but first I want some clothes (and more phenos) for everybody done first.

As such, I think I can repair the custom ships and just get the mods operational again for the time being. angel.gif

There shouldn't be any need for workarounds for limiting ai from using tech, gov types or traits.

is_ai = no

Should work. I've been using it on an ascension mechanic mod I'm currently working on and it has been working for sure on technologies and government types, though I haven't been paying that much attention on traits. I'll double check on weekend if it actually works on traits or not. Always possible that the 1.3 patch broke something.

Turns out the "is_ai" doesn't appear to work on traits. Or at least, it complains if I have it outside or inside the modifier scope. (The way things have been with updating, for all I know it complains but still works! laugh.png) I've looked into where it's used and it appears to be only in events, policies, technology, war demands, and anomaly categories. At least in vanilla from what grep picked up. It very well could be used in other areas.

And.... 

UPDATE (When it finishes uploading...)

• Updated for 1.3!!
  • Ships are a little different now. Most of the bigger ships have now been moved to the mid section. (Had to anyway, they got rid of stern sections.)
  • Anims -should- be working but I haven't been able to test (or indeed even play the game) yet. laugh.png
  • Some tweaking of ship sizes.

FUTURE UPDATES (Some time... in... the future! laugh.png)

• Conversion of all portraits and clothes to the slimmer space elves body. (It's already been "un appareled", there's a test pic a few posts back.) This isn't going to take as long as I thought. I've already got a good deal of clothing converted but... I want -all- of it ready to go before I update the mod. We're all used to tons of clothes now. Stupid to go back to a few even temporarily. cool.gif
  • Fallen empires get clothing based on ethics. Have to match the ship/city colors now!!
  • Updated city styles to include the ubiquitous elven flying city. If fallens have some, ELVES MUST! laugh.png
  • New ships. wink.png  I have an idea for a new elven ship style. I'll be slowly replacing the existing retextured ships with new ships in future updates. (And yes, Drow will get some too but I'll be doing totally different ships for them.)

Um.. right. So new planet types Savanna and Alpine don't currently have planetary rings associated with their type. So for the time being, don't pick those and expect to get an Avari ring world. (I need to make new planets to account for them.) The elven start will still work if you pick those planets, you just won't have an elfy blingy ring. biggrin.png 

Alpine and Savannah Avari worlds are ready to go next version. angel.gif

Also been having a bit of fun with the new hairstyles for the new slim bases.

post-99-0-00134700-1477263440_thumb.jpg

Probably won't switch to slim in the next update however. Still a lot of clothes to do.

Look at my starting neighbor ... 

Guess I'll be fine to serve as a protectorate for now.

Edit: 

Why do image links break all the time in this forum? 

Also nevermind, xenophobes are of fucking course broken again (slavery option for sectors does NOTHING).

I can't believe how much of a following those devs have.

Edit: 

And again ... 

Just click by yourself: http://i.imgur.com/eKtEZVc.jpg