[mod] [Stellaris] EoS - Without Apparel Patch

In case you haven't seen it (I just found out a minute ago myself) Paradox lifted the embargo on Leviathans videos so a couple of youtubers who got review codes early started posting previews. A few of them show off the new species, including the Vulcans/Elves added in Heinlein

I loooove the clothes and new hair choices! The faces look a lot better than hoomans too!

Yes the new faces do look better. New hair is something I just have never managed to get to so far. Maybe I don't have to with the new update. laugh.png 

Now what's called for could be a clothing pack since they've said they aren't focusing on people from now on. I'll likely still need an Elven slot for the cities and ships, but I may be able to put elves into the humanoid slots and not have to worry about making random ones show up.

Yah as much as I love the clothes they're adding, they still seem limited to one per leader type which is... not that many. I'm still so surprised that modders aren't all over creating billions of new outfits! (Except you, you're the Stellaris fashion factory XD)

But still! I was looking for more sci-fiish outfits to add to my collection and this is a pleasant surprise (like, real surprise, they kinda dropped those humanoid portraits out of nowhere, without even a teaser ^^)

I'm very surprised at the lack of clothes myself. I would have thought there would have been giant clothes packs by now. Well, I guess there are technically: elves and drow. laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png I just expected somebody -else- to do it! biggrin.png

Seems the new humanoids may only get one new base body per gender too. Which is rather pathetic really. Liking the new hairstyles at least. 

So, looks like I won't have too much work for getting the new bodies ready for my clothes. I'll update my slaves example mod to include the new humanoids. (I found I like having that one loaded. Enslaving earth is kind of fun! laugh.png)

I found them once as a primitive civ once. Got them up to speed and of course what happened? They TURNED ON ME! laugh.pnglaugh.png Allied with some stupid talking mushrooms of course. So I did the only reasonable thing a Drow queen can do! I killed everyone off! laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

Blaaaargh forget what I said about reassigning stuff to the Humanoid species class. I just did some experimentation and it turns out that separate classes are needed if you want the AI to use the proper ship styles, namelists and terms in diplomatic messages. Those cannot be tied to portraits. In fact I'll probably be migrating my asari to their own species class for this reason. Can't have them flying dull vanilla ships once they get their own XD

One thing I'm curious about are ship styles. I mean, OK so we have a new humanoid race class. Are they just assigned mammilian ships by default or can they use other types of ships. Can you change the ship and city style for the whole race?

But... probably it's best to have everything in their own category. I mean... Drow, in the same class as the Cardassian looking things? Parish the thought! laugh.pnglaugh.png

One thing I'm curious about are ship styles. I mean, OK so we have a new humanoid race class. Are they just assigned mammilian ships by default or can they use other types of ships. Can you change the ship and city style for the whole race?

But... probably it's best to have everything in their own category. I mean... Drow, in the same class as the Cardassian looking things? Parish the thought! laugh.pnglaugh.png

From the youtiube previews I've seen it looks like humanoids are assigned the same graphical culture as mammals. They didn't make a new style for them ._.

I don't know if the AI-generated empires can pick stuff other than their default graphical culture and namelists (I never actively watched out for exceptions) but at the very least they favour them heavily.

But yah I'm pretty sure they can be modded to use a different style. It's not usually advisable to change vanilla stuff since Paradox can (and has in the past) change anything they like without warning any time they patch the game but it may be safe in this instance because they said they wouldn't be adding any new humanoids for a while.

(People do seem to like them a lot tho, so maybe they'll change their minds ^^)

Their speech on essentially wanting to focus on talking mushrooms instead of humanoids was.... humorous. Especially given the popularity of the new ones. laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

Speaking of new things, have you read the patch notes yet?

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/heinlein-1-3-full-patch-notes.975458/

They're huuuuge! I'm still not even past the half point! Currently squeeing happily that Clone Vats will generate research and Mineral Silos will have an adjacency bonus so there will actually be a reason to build them! Yay! ^^ And so, so many things all over the place! I have never felt this way about patch notes! I feel like... yes, this is the one! Take me to the altar, patch notes!

Oh the fallen empire cities? I'm curious what they look like! At the moment I'm inclined to just go with a slightly darker avian (I don't really like the bulky skyscrapers from the drow set) but I may borrow an element or two from the FE style if it's pretty enough ^^

Oh yes! From what I gather FE ships will have more distinctive textures and each type of Fallen will use different weapons. Titans sem to be the only new addition to their fleet but otherwise the devs have been very secretive on this subject so there may be more surprises!

Oh and here's an improved version of the changelog, way easier to digest:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/584wjt/patch_13_heinlein_notes_what_they_actually_mean/

"Most colony events that change a pop's opinions now just move it one step along the axis instead of instantly making them fanatically opposed to whatever their parent belief system was. So I guess we stopped sending teenagers to populate colonies."

XD

There are... I think 3 styles of fallen ships already. Though I can't say I've encountered them all. (I'm not sure one of them was even being used.) But new ships are always interesting if they're fallen empires at least. (The plant ships were... uninteresting... biggrin.png)

I love that synopsis thing on reddit. I think you (or someone else) posted a link to a similar one for the last major update. Much prefer it! laugh.pnglaugh.png

There are... I think 3 styles of fallen ships already. Though I can't say I've encountered them all. (I'm not sure one of them was even being used.) But new ships are always interesting if they're fallen empires at least. (The plant ships were... uninteresting... biggrin.png)

I love that synopsis thing on reddit. I think you (or someone else) posted a link to a similar one for the last major update. Much prefer it! laugh.pnglaugh.png

Oh, you're right! I... never actually noticed they have more than one texture variant! Derp, I'm blind.

So I guess maybe the texture variants mentioned in the patch notes are just meant to make them look more different?

I just rummaged through Martin's old tweets and found a few pictures of Fallen Empire stuff!

Here's two Awakened Empires engaging in diplomacy:

CqE6e0XW8AEKkYd.jpg

Here's the Xenophobes' new (?) look.

CqEDbg7XgAAmPS0.jpg

Their fleet just chilling out:

Cqnc_zbXYAEJYGP.jpg

And here a few pictures of the FE city style! I knew I remembered seeing it somewhere before! XD

CrRCtRnUsAE6KJJ.jpg

Cs4PheLWAAAndnG.jpg

CtDaku3WYAAuJeQ.jpg

The city style looks doooope! I guess it doesn't fit Asari too well after all, but maybe the elves will have some use for floaty glowy things? n_n

Regarding 1.3: NOT COMPATIBLE!!!!

• Clothing and elves are alright. That all works as is thankfully.
  • The custom ships are lighting up the error log like crazy. In fact it's literally so bad with errors I'm considering removing custom ships totally for the time being. (Now that I can make my own ships this isn't as big a deal as it sounds.) I can revert to the retextured avian stuff until I can get truly custom ships in. Or... just live without custom ships for the time being.
  • The new elves (and indeed all new humanoids) are much slimmer than humans and as such... my existing base bodies will -not- work, nor will any of my clothes. Everything will need to be remade for them.

And now comes the crunch. What to do? Part of me is considering abandoning this mod and starting a new one based on the space elves. Their eyes are much larger meaning it's easier for me to make new heads (without resorting to new anims) and I love the slimmer look. But that also means it's going to be awhile before a large amount of new clothes are available. (Converting existing stuff shouldn't be -too- bad however.) That also means... I'm going to have to make a new base "without apparel" thing for Humanoids.

Decisions, decisions.....  confused.gif

I like the slimmer space elves! But awww... RIP clothing 。・゜・(ノД`)・゜・。

But I guess maybe a loss in the short term won't be so bad if it means the elves look more... elvey in the long run?

I'll probably stick with the human body for the Asari for the time being. I have no hope of being able to adjust all the clothes I'm using to a new body ._.

Oh, speaking of which, I was hoping to integrate some of the outfits you were working on (specifically the sweaters, they're pretty!) Do you think you could release the human-sized versions of the outfits as modders resources at least?

Oh, that's a great idea actually. Yes, I can just release the human sized clothing generally.

The more I've been playing around with the space elves, the more I'm liking them however. Those giant eyes! I can make all sorts of new heads! laugh.png

They're pretty! I'm just a little disappointed that they have only one face and one skin colour, the only way to customise them is currently hair.

I do love the hair choices tho! They all look so much prettier and more imaginative than the original human do's! (overlooking the fact that they only come in black)

Well....  a couple things. One, I think having played around with the new space elves a bit... I prefer my ears. laugh.pnglaugh.png

However, I MUUUUCH prefer the slimmer frame....

post-99-0-20329800-1477002488_thumb.jpg

laugh.png

Right then, so the main base is done. Next up is adapting new faces and getting some skin tones going. wink.png