[mod] [Stellaris] EoS - Without Apparel Patch

Our assessment team believes there to be a lack of synergy with the concept of expanded volume to mass ratios. Such a direction fundamentally alters the core features provided. Furthermore changing this now would result in a downwards trend of mediocrity. As we're a proactive goals-oriented organisation, we believe the best option corporately, is to not acquiesce to a solution of this kind.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

In fact no. The Real Slave series of mods are totally borked for 2.2. In fact I'm presently tossing around how exactly to fix them at all. They're also kind of the rock bottom on the priority list. It will eventually get done in some form however.

• 4 months later...

So no big tiddy elf gf?

On 11/12/2018 at 5:24 PM, Nessa said:

Our assessment team believes there to be a lack of synergy with the concept of expanded volume to mass ratios. Such a direction fundamentally alters the core features provided. Furthermore changing this now would result in a downwards trend of mediocrity. As we're a proactive goals-oriented organisation, we believe the best option corporately, is to not acquiesce to a solution of this kind.

• 5 months later...

I placed the files into the correct folder (documents/Paradox/Stellaris/mod), but I can't seem to get the mod to work. I intially thought the problem was due to an incompatibility between the mod and stellaris ver2.6. However, I can get the Real Human&HumanOID slave mods to work, despite the paradox launcher saying they require stellaris ver2.1. So I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Wait, how did you get the Realslave mods to work? Those have been dead since.....  apparently 2.2. Unless......  Maybe they still work because they just overwrite the clothes on the current version to their 2.1 version? ? I bet that's what happens! Well that's a solution I didn't consider!! ?

As for these, you'll know it works if the Sidh are a bit breezy. It's a simple texture replacer so the stellaris version isn't important in this case. (Not so for the realslave mods however!) The other nations don't have "breezy" clothing selections by default.

The issue now however.... is whether or not your mod is overriding EoS. Before our "lovely" new launcher you didn't have to think about it. Now you have to make sure this patch is -below- EoS. (I think. Or is it above still? I only do testing these days. Until they get a decent launcher I'm not playing. ? The good news is, they are working on it. But it's still pretty messy at present.)

When the portrait 3.0 rework is done, I'll update this again of course.

• 4 months later...

Just a question I have noticed talk about possible new elven bodies in the future.

Will this patch get updated along with the main mod when the elven jugs patch gets released thank you in advance.

Oh yes, when the rumored Portraits 2.0 hits, this will get updated as well. This is actually safe to use in both the current and soon to be released EoS versions. Just ignore the warning.

22 minutes ago, Nessa said:

Oh yes, when the rumored Portraits 2.0 hits, this will get updated as well. This is actually safe to use in both the current and soon to be released EoS versions. Just ignore the warning.

That is great to hear, can't wait for the new update :)

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 10/20/2021 at 8:30 AM, pisadasf said:

i cant get this mod to work i place the files directly into the mods folder and it doesn't show up

Yeah, the mod was never updated here to account for the new launcher setup. It is now. ?

Sorry, but this mod aren't working for me.  I unpack z-zip into mod folder so it have eos_wa folder and EOS_WA.mod files in

C:\Users\Пользователь\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\mod folder,

and launcher writes "The path in this mod  descripter file invalid or don't exist"  in EOS_WA.mod is written path="/mod/eos_wa"

Can it be because my game version is Lem 3.1.2(6df7)?

3 hours ago, vit11 said:

Sorry, but this mod aren't working for me.  I unpack z-zip into mod folder so it have eos_wa folder and EOS_WA.mod files in

C:\Users\Пользователь\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\mod folder,

and launcher writes "The path in this mod  descripter file invalid or don't exist"  in EOS_WA.mod is written path="/mod/eos_wa"

Can it be because my game version is Lem 3.1.2(6df7)?

Yeah I wondered about that. I did several tests and it works here. But you may have to put the full path for your system in the "path" section. So instead of:

path="/mod/eos_wa"

You'd have this:

path="C:/Users/Пользователь/Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/mod/eos_wa"

But remember the full path changes for every single system!

When it's a little less busy I'll do some more testing and see if I can't narrow down a way to just make it "drag and drop" like it used to be.

EDIT: You may have to swap the backspace. Windows uses "\" normally, but it used to be that Stellaris used the Linux style which uses "/". Try both and see what happens. And post the results too! :cool:

EDIT2: It appears all the paths in the .mod files use "/". So when pasting in your path, looks like you've got to change all the "\" to "/"!

Edited by Nessa

I should also note, the Linux/Mac setup may be a bit different. Considering the whole drive letter thing. If anybody's got Stellaris for Mac/Linux, how do the .mod files handle the path? My guess is the standard paths without the Windows drive letter nonsense. If anyone has it for Mac/Linux, let us know!

Side note: the textures, portraits, icons, modelling, are all done on a Mac. Only... I don't have Stellaris for the Mac. ? ?

12 hours ago, Nessa said:

Yeah I wondered about that. I did several tests and it works here. But you may have to put the full path for your system in the "path" section. So instead of:

path="/mod/eos_wa"

You'd have this:

path="C:/Users/Пользователь/Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/mod/eos_wa"

But remember the full path changes for every single system!

When it's a little less busy I'll do some more testing and see if I can't narrow down a way to just make it "drag and drop" like it used to be.

EDIT: You may have to swap the backspace. Windows uses "\" normally, but it used to be that Stellaris used the Linux style which uses "/". Try both and see what happens. And post the results too! :cool:

EDIT2: It appears all the paths in the .mod files use "/". So when pasting in your path, looks like you've got to change all the "\" to "/"!

Okey i done  path="C:/Users/Пользователь/Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/mod/eos_wa" , now there no error messages, mod just  still don"t work.

2 hours ago, vit11 said:

Okey i done  path="C:/Users/Пользователь/Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/mod/eos_wa" , now there no error messages, mod just  still don"t work.

Is the mod below EoS and active in your current play set? Won't override if it's not.

It works just fine with "path = mod/eos_wa". You should not have to change that. If you're having problems then it's probably something else. Try clearing out your Stellaris folder and trying again. Sometimes the launcher gets held up on older instances of the mods and doesn't realize you've changed anything so you have to force it to update by emptying the Stellaris folder. 

Edit: if you have "path = /mod/eos_wa" try instead "path = mod/eos_wa" its possible that extra slash makes a difference. 

Edited by SohCahToa
5 hours ago, SohCahToa said:

Edit: if you have "path = /mod/eos_wa" try instead "path = mod/eos_wa" its possible that extra slash makes a difference. 

Ooo! Good point! I'll try some tests later without that slash.

Did some asking around from people who do a lot of custom non-Steam/PDX mods, and the consensus appears to be you don't need the full path. I'll fix the slash in a future update.