anyone else into WWE?

I hardly watch WWE anymore.  I've been a wrestling fan since the 80's, when Hulkamania was running wild.  I like Roman Reigns, but I prefer the smaller guys like AJ Styles.  I don't understand Vince McMahon's obsession with big sweaty men.  I prefer to watch Lucha Underground.

Edit: Oh and yeah I wanna bang Alexa Bliss. :wub:

Yeaah gotta get that sweet Bliss!  I want that hot Aussie girl from the Mae Young classic.  She's nice and beefy, just how I like 'em  :blush:

Neville quit, hope he joins Bullet Club and

replaces marty squirrel

That's crazy.  He was champ for how long and as soon as he loses it, he leaves?  What a shame.  That's ok though, I don't watch 205 live.  It's just a little funny how similar this is to Austin Aries.  Both of those guys could hang on the regular shows with the best of them.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 5/2/2021 at 2:27 PM, Doctor Cadaver said:

I typically don't necro threads, but I was bored.  So here goes...

The Monday Night Wars with WCW, the Attitude and Ruthless Aggression Eras were all fun times in the WWE.  But thanks to Chris Benoit's family murder/suicide, amongst other things, it started going downhill from there.  Hasn't been the same since.  Perhaps when Vince McMahon eventually passes the torch to his son in law, things will start to improve.

AEW (All Elite Wrestling) is currently WWE's biggest competition, while offering a bit more of an edgier product.  Out of the few matches I've seen from that promotion, I found them pretty entertaining.  Jon Moxley (formerly WWE's Dean Ambrose), Kenny Omega and Rey Fenix are my favorites in AEW.

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. When Owen died, it all started to go downhill and after being a fan for 20 years, I lost interest. Old school ECW was the shit!

• 3 months later...

I used to be REALLY into wrastlin' back in the golden era of WWF vs WCW vs ECW... it was awesome.  I was also into Pro Japan whenever I could find VHS tapes of it.  I never cared about storylines and all the drama, I liked the athleticism and great matches, mostly on WCW back then with the cruiser-weight/luchador division.  WWF/WWE did get better with the introduction of guys like Kurt Angle and Steve Austin but most of the talent I liked was on WCW.

Some of my favourite guys were:

Chris Benoit (best ever)

Eddie Guererro

Dean Malenko

the Great Sasuke

Ultimo Dragon

Chris Jericho

Bill Goldberg

Kurt Angle

Legion of Doom

Vader

the best match I've ever seen was a tag-team match on WCW which was Chris Benoit and Dean Malenko vs Chris Jericho and Eddie Guerrero.  It was non-stop, amazing, technical mat wrestling and high flying glory.  Also the Chris Benoit vs Kurt Angle or Brett Hart matches later in WWE were excellent.

However, wrastlin' became too silly for me and I lost interest in the early 2000s and switched to MMA (Pride and UFC) and then later lost interest in that too.  Now it just seems silly.