LR Photo Studio

zoidnoid11

Note: this tutorial is nowhere near complete, as I am not in contact with the author (I don't know Japanese); nor am I an actual 'modder' of DOA5LR. Just wanted to bring this cool application to people's attention.

Here's the download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/g3dcd58yg5cyrg3/LR+Photo+Studio+2016.7.2.3.zip

This tiny, simple-looking tool is actually very powerful. Made by Riry Sukisuki of ABC Transformer fame. It can be a gateway for beginners, or a preparation/finalization tool for more experienced modders (some of whom might be pissed about how goddamned easy it makes certain tasks).

The tool is small (4MB unzipped), requires no additional downloads, and can be extracted anywhere you want, no installation. To show what it can do, I will make a simple mod showing its ability to edit the mesh and textures.

1. To use, drag and drop any .tmc file onto it. Including hair, face, and effects (like Alpha and Naotora's energy effects) files. I'm using Ayane's Senran Kagura outfit.

110.jpg

2. Right-click on parts you want to hide, if the end result looks good, you can then delete it, which creates a new .tmc file. The original file will remain untouched. Note that currently, the tool will save a new .tmc file every time you delete something, you'll eventually end up only needing the one with the newest modified date.
210.jpg

3. I ended up with a generic outfit, but one that's unique from the original.
310.jpg

4. Now for textures, right-click on a part and choose texture viewer. Unlike the old Texture Tool, you can see exactly how a texture file will be displayed on a 3D mesh by clicking the 'mesh' checkbox. Textures are grouped by their corresponding 3D object.
411.jpg

5. Spend some time in Photoshop editing extracted textures. Swap them in, and end up with something fairly different from the original.
510.jpg

mralex already released this outfit a while back, I just made my own version for the purposes of this tutorial.

Hope this encourages more creative people than me to try this tool out for themselves.

Examples of some other things it can do:
610.jpg

(1) Show the animation bones
(2) Display glasses and masks (if applicable) of a tmc file
(3) Show how all the different details (underwear) look on a costume
(4) Show water and (5) dirt effects on a costume, on a sliding scale --useful to ensure your mod doesn't end up looking totally different when it gets wet in game.

Other random things I've used it for:

-Check if costume/hair/face match up (drag and drop hair and face onto an already open body file)
-Extract costumes from a DLC package, including the latest official DLC's
-Extract and swap .tmcmesh files
-Delete hair accessories from hair .tmc
-Delete that metal thing on the side of Momiji's face .tmc
-Delete weapons from models (pretty much the main reason I started looking into mesh removal in the first place)

Very nice! I kept seeing this on the bbspink board, but I didnt realize it was that powerful, since I cant read Japanese, lol. Thanks for taking the time to check it out and for sharing what it does with us!!!

Yeah, Google translate is pretty much hopeless for that site. I have go purely on the pictures posted. Saw a pic where LRPS was being used like a more intuitive Texture Tool, and decided to try it out. All trial-and-error since then.

Damn I wish you could use this to swap bodies.

post-1171231-0-26003100-1468670578_thumb.png

I have many skins that are a year old with sub-standard breasts that I would love to replace with Harry's HDM/Beach Paradise mod or the R&Z mod...

It look like an excellent tool, thank you for sharing with us this one I'll check it :)

[Edit] Tested quickly the tool, indeed there are some interesting things inside this tool and it can give a very high resolution with good graphic render !

mini_813053001.png002.png

(The second picture has been uplaoded somewhere else due to size limit).

I noticed saving the file as .png didn't worked for me but .jpg yes.

I have a question too :

Clicking on the star allow us to have a different lights position and density but how remove the white balls ?

The white ball is showing on screen and I didn't found if we can move it too instead of moving the model.

Look like the tool can work with a lot of others tools, very interesting the creator made a good work :)

You can swap bodies, it's just a tmcmesh like any piece of clothing.

It may not fit perfectly with the clothing parts though, so then you'd still have to go to blender to make those adjustments.

Oh my god, this changes everything.

I read your post and immediately decided to go play around with it for about an hour...

post-1171231-0-12454900-1468723713_thumb.jpg

...I'll be in my bunk.

Damn I wish you could use this to swap bodies.

attachicon.gifayanedream.png

I have many skins that are a year old with sub-standard breasts that I would love to replace with Harry's HDM/Beach Paradise mod or the R&Z mod...

Tried  fixing up this mod using this tool but Ayane's foot keeps getting through the shoes. 

Other than that, I "fixed" a lot of mods to improve them further. Now if I can only master swapping parts.

• 2 weeks later...

This tool is awesome...........so awesome that I broke lrs 5.4 and archive tool. Both tools won't accept anymore mods lol!

Do you use AutoLink?

I haven't started using autolink yet except for the basic feature of the camera, light etc

And I read that the mods don't run in the arcade mode too.

Any chance I can use this tool to fix this?

I can't seem to be able to remove anything but the flower and the bracelet. It's annoying that the clothes in the tmcl file (I guess they are supposed to be transparent) create shadows.

If I knew how to create an oil effect like this, I wouldn't have to bother with this file.

doa5lr oil pack

post-1111888-0-58624900-1470500735_thumb.jpg

post-1111888-0-68162900-1470500743_thumb.jpg

Any chance I can use this tool to fix this?

I can't seem to be able to remove anything but the flower and the bracelet. It's annoying that the clothes in the tmcl file (I guess they are supposed to be transparent) create shadows.

If I knew how to create an oil effect like this, I wouldn't have to bother with this file.

doa5lr oil pack

If I am not wrong, you can adjust glossy effect through alpha channel.

• 1 year later...

Archived