[mod] [CK 2] Dark World - Serpent Expansion

zia

Overall, this works very well, but I just had a weird interaction the other day:

So I'm a 9-year old boy and just inherited my father's kingdom as well as his bunch of pleasure slaves. When I went visiting one, I rather expected getting told a bedtime story ... not hot, steamy sex with the mother of several of my half-brothers and half-sisters.

Overall, this works very well, but I just had a weird interaction the other day:

So I'm a 9-year old boy and just inherited my father's kingdom as well as his bunch of pleasure slaves. When I went visiting one, I rather expected getting told a bedtime story ... not hot, steamy sex with the mother of several of my half-brothers and half-sisters.

And I forgot the adult check there, Oops. Will be fixed in the next version. 

• 3 weeks later...

Can't get the option to appear after building required buildings. Are there any file conflicts I should watch for?

Using: DW: All DW optional mods+Toska+ReMeDY

Idiosyncrasy

Intermarry4all

Kings of slaves and vices

legendary bloodlines

ruler designer unlocked

sketchy cheat menu

Can't get the option to appear after building required buildings. Are there any file conflicts I should watch for?

Idiosyncrasy

Intermarry4all

legendary bloodlines

ruler designer unlocked

sketchy cheat menu

For the decision to appear the following must be true:

- You must be an adult

- You must be a ruler

- You must have both a slavers guild and a slavers dungeon in your capital.

- You must be a player and not AI. 

If you meet those requirements it should be there however you cannot select it unless you also have 50 gold.  Due note the guild can only be built in a city or castle that is in a coastal province.  

Idiosyncrasy

Intermarry4all

legendary bloodlines

ruler designer unlocked

sketchy cheat menu

For the decision to appear the following must be true:

- You must be an adult

- You must be a ruler

- You must have both a slavers guild and a slavers dungeon in your capital.

- You must be a player and not AI. 

If you meet those requirements it should be there however you cannot select it unless you also have 50 gold.  Due note the guild can only be built in a city or castle that is in a coastal province.  

I think I am failing the "in capital" I have them all over but Cap isn't on coast. I'll have to figure out a way to move it.

Something that I posted in the main DW: Reborn thread, but I think is relevant here.  Neither this nor court and commerce play well with merchant republics because of the city capital requirement.  Fix I added in my own file in court and commerce:

capital_scope = {
                OR = {
                    has_building = dw_slave_market_1 # City, this is what's missing.
                    has_building = dw_slave_market_2
                    has_building
= dw_slave_market_3
                    has_building
= dw_slave_dungeon_1 # Castle
                    has_building = dw_slave_dungeon_2
                    has_building
= dw_slave_dungeon_3
                    has_building
= dw_slave_wagon_1 # Nomad
                    has_building = dw_slave_wagon_2
                    has_building
= dw_slave_wagon_3
                    has_building
= dw_slave_wagon_4
                    has_building
= dw_slave_wagon_5
                    has_building
= dw_slave_pen_1 # Tribal
                    has_building = dw_slave_pen_2
                    has_building
= dw_slave_pen_3

}
            }   

I used the same prereq for slavery expanded, since it doesn't appear the existing slave port requirement works (trading posts never count as a capitals).  I'd actually recommend removing the capital scope altogether for the buildings and just changing it to realm.  That way pretty much every government or playstyle should have access to the decisions.  I guess this can also be fixed by adding palace buildings (which would actually be quite cool), but just changing cities means no dlc requirements and good futureproofing.

Also, is there any plan for merging or incorporating some of the stuff from slaves and vices?  This and that go well together on paper because there's very little overlap in the type of stuff you do to slaves, but slaves and vices seems far less balanced, especially the kidnap mechanic.

Something that I posted in the main DW: Reborn thread, but I think is relevant here.  Neither this nor court and commerce play well with merchant republics because of the city capital requirement.  Fix I added in my own file in court and commerce:

capital_scope = {

OR = {

has_building = dw_slave_market_1 # City, this is what's missing.

has_building = dw_slave_market_2

has_building = dw_slave_market_3

has_building = dw_slave_dungeon_1 # Castle

has_building = dw_slave_dungeon_2

has_building = dw_slave_dungeon_3

has_building = dw_slave_wagon_1 # Nomad

has_building = dw_slave_wagon_2

has_building = dw_slave_wagon_3

has_building = dw_slave_wagon_4

has_building = dw_slave_wagon_5

has_building = dw_slave_pen_1 # Tribal

has_building = dw_slave_pen_2

has_building = dw_slave_pen_3

}

}   

I used the same prereq for slavery expanded, since it doesn't appear the existing slave port requirement works (trading posts never count as a capitals).  I'd actually recommend removing the capital scope altogether for the buildings and just changing it to realm.  That way pretty much every government or playstyle should have access to the decisions.  I guess this can also be fixed by adding palace buildings (which would actually be quite cool), but just changing cities means no dlc requirements and good futureproofing.

Also, is there any plan for merging or incorporating some of the stuff from slaves and vices?  This and that go well together on paper because there's very little overlap in the type of stuff you do to slaves, but slaves and vices seems far less balanced, especially the kidnap mechanic.

Well the issue with merchant republics is actually fixed in the next version (when ever I get around to releasing it). And as of right now there is no plan for any merging between this and slaves and vices.

Here us a possible list of what may be included in the next update:

- More involved slaving. Funding slavers will require you to do things to get slaves rather than just pay and wait.

- The ability to purchase slaves from other courts. (Thinking just buying from republics)

- Certain courts will generate slaves randomly. As of right the chance of other courts getting slaves is just low as they don't tend to build the slavers dungeon often.

- Republics can now use the slavers guild. Honestly this was my goof. Only feudal and republics should be able to build the guild anyway.  

- Possible bug fixes I have forgotten. 

Cool to hear.  Though, I think giving every government type a way to access all the slavery features would be nice to cover all playstyles.  For guild access, it makes sense that all that's needed should be a guild in any holding under your control.  Badass Khan should be able to pay a visit to his burgher vassals' guild, after all.  For slave training, I guess requiring a dungeon/pen/cart/market in the place you hold court makes sense.

One other thing, the slave raid CB could use a bit of tweaking.  Right now it's possible to attack your own liege.  I've had my viceroys attacking vassals in my own ducal holdings which, while quite entertaining and in this instant led to some weird intradynastic slave wars, really shouldn't happen or at least not happen so easily.

• 3 months later...

Odd. No text is showing up in events and on the buttons. Any idea how to fix this?

Is it a single event? A few events? all of them? If its only one or two please point out how you got to them so I can look into getting it fixed. If its all of them then you are missing the localization file. Or at least its not loading the localization file.

I know one of the events is missing words on the button, which will be fixed in the next version. And some of the events really don't have much dialogue. (Such as the female or male slave pages)  

Extremely late reply but any and all events related to training. Granted, this post was made half a year ago so in all likelihood it has been fixed. I'll check in a few days.

Odd. No text is showing up in events and on the buttons. Any idea how to fix this?

Is it a single event? A few events? all of them? If its only one or two please point out how you got to them so I can look into getting it fixed. If its all of them then you are missing the localization file. Or at least its not loading the localization file.

I know one of the events is missing words on the button, which will be fixed in the next version. And some of the events really don't have much dialogue. (Such as the female or male slave pages)  

Extremely late reply but any and all events related to training. Granted, this post was made half a year ago so in all likelihood it has been fixed. I'll check in a few days.

well that is odd, however the actual training events are handled by darkworld court and commerce. The only thing this mod really does is add the ability to buy slaves from the guild and declare war for slaves. 

Zia;

I am currently testing this mod for compatibility with my own {wip} mod and I found a minor error that breaks your "dwse_favored_visit_m" decision.  On line 119 you are missing a closing } before the allow section.  Once this is fixed, then there is an extra closing } on the last line.

I hope this is helpful.

Nox

• 2 weeks later...

Zia;

I am currently testing this mod for compatibility with my own {wip} mod and I found a minor error that breaks your "dwse_favored_visit_m" decision.  On line 119 you are missing a closing } before the allow section.  Once this is fixed, then there is an extra closing } on the last line.

I hope this is helpful.

Nox

Thank you, this has been corrected and an update should be out soon. Possibly today or tomorrow. 

Version .05 Has been released!

Changelog:

• -Visit Slave now requires you to be an adult.
  • - Fixed an error that was preventing Republics from having slave guilds.
  • -Added a missing bracket to Visiting male slaves, removed the extra closing bracket at the bottom of events (Thank you Noxbestia for pointing it out)
  • -Tweaked buildings. Every government type should be able to build a slavers guild now. They are still locked to coastal provinces and still only castles and cities.
  • -Slaves guilds can now be anywhere in realm, rather than limited to capital.
  • -Slavers Guild event now takes 5 days to fire, the guildmaster comes to you, rather than you going to them.
  • -Fixed an error that prevented merchant republics from slave raiding.

Version .05 Has been released!

Changelog:

• -Visit Slave now requires you to be an adult.
  • - Fixed an error that was preventing Republics from having slave guilds.
  • -Added a missing bracket to Visiting male slaves, removed the extra closing bracket at the bottom of events (Thank you Noxbestia for pointing it out)
  • -Tweaked buildings. Every government type should be able to build a slavers guild now. They are still locked to coastal provinces and still only castles and cities.
  • -Slaves guilds can now be anywhere in realm, rather than limited to capital.
  • -Slavers Guild event now takes 5 days to fire, the guildmaster comes to you, rather than you going to them.
  • -Fixed an error that prevented merchant republics from slave raiding.

I will adjust my next release for this version.  :)

Hi, I have found a problem with the slave raid cb. The capital_scope lacks an OR so for the cb to appear it would be needed to have all the buildings listed on the capital, something that is impossible.

Here is the fixed file:

000_dwse_cb_types.txt

BTW, I think it would be nice if the AI personality was taken into account to declare this cb just like it is for the torture, mutilate, etc. options, so that a kind character would not raid for slaves but a cruel one would be much more likely to do so.

Lastly I think it would also be nice to have the option to imprison a branded slave without consecuences. 

Regards.

• 2 weeks later...

Does this mod transition with no problems to the Dark World - Reborn mod?

Everything but the .mod file seems to work fine for me. 

NEW VERSION RELEASED: Dark World - Expanded Slavery v05 (DW144)

- Updated .mod file to use Dark world reborn

- Fixed the missing OR in the CB file. Thank You a1b2c3d4e5f6h7i8 for pointing it out. 

Now it should work with 1.44 without an issue. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi !

I have a question. 

I don't see any slavery option in the game (beside the Slaver's Guild)

I have DW reborn 1.45

DW Hentai

DW Mercenary

DW Toska

Your Personal Castle. 

Is any of this mod conflict with Slavery Expanded ? 

Thanks !!! 

Hi !

I have a question. 

I have DW reborn 1.45

DW Hentai

DW Mercenary

DW Toska

Your Personal Castle. 

Thanks !!! 

The actual slavery mechanics are handled by Darkworld reborn and not this mod. All I did in the mod was add a war to get slaves and the slaver's guild function. (In order to use slavers guild you also need a slavers dungeon) 

If you are not seeing the slavers dungeon or the option to enslave prisoners its something going on with Darkworld reborn. 

Due note however that I personally dont use Your personal castle (but if the guild building is showing up then it shouldn't conflict)

Hi !

I have a question.

I have DW reborn 1.45

DW Hentai

DW Mercenary

DW Toska

Your Personal Castle.

Thanks !!!

Also... doublecheck .mod files. Because some mods are updated to 1.44... but since Dew quickly released 1.45, some didn't update.

Open .mod file with notepad and rewrite it to 1.45... If if your mod dependencies aren't changed.

Hi !

I have a question.

I have DW reborn 1.45

DW Hentai

DW Mercenary

DW Toska

Your Personal Castle.

Thanks !!!

Also... doublecheck .mod files. Because some mods are updated to 1.44... but since Dew quickly released 1.45, some didn't update.

Open .mod file with notepad and rewrite it to 1.45... If if your mod dependencies aren't changed.

Thank you for your response!! 

What do you mean ? I see the .mod but what am I looking for ? 

Hi !

I have a question.

I have DW reborn 1.45

DW Hentai

DW Mercenary

DW Toska

Your Personal Castle.

Thanks !!!

Thank you for your response!!

What do you mean ? I see the .mod but what am I looking for ?

Ah, Sorry! My bad!

Open .mod file and look at "dependency" part. If Dark World is set on 1.44, rewrite it to 1.45.

Also... If you're using DW Toska mod, consider downloading Noxbestoas Darkest Perversions mod.

Not because of its initial mod, but due modified DW Toska file, which is included there.

(But I would recommend using that Noxbestia mod. It's still alpha, but I believe in future it's going to be big as Dark world. Plus it helps find some bugs and glitches, improving whole mod)

Archived