[mod] [CK 2] Dark World - Serpent Expansion

zia

1 hour ago, lockeslylcrit said:

Just a heads up, the dragon culture conflicts with the vanilla dragon culture in 3.0 due to them having the same name

Dragon culture was already being removed from the mod, so that works great. Also please do not expect an update for a bit (VERY SORRY!) My schedule at work recently changed and I am complete exhausted when I get home. 

32 minutes ago, zia said:

Dragon culture was already being removed from the mod, so that works great. Also please do not expect an update for a bit (VERY SORRY!) My schedule at work recently changed and I am complete exhausted when I get home. 

You could always quit your job and dedicate 100% of your time to Dark World SE.

45 minutes ago, jamal13 said:

You could always quit your job and dedicate 100% of your time to Dark World SE.

Sadly I am bored easy and would not be able to stay focused... and money.. need that.  Come thins weekend I should be able to work a bit on the mod.. maybe. No promises. Even if I work on it does not mean there will be an update released, sorry. 

8 minutes ago, zia said:

Sadly I am bored easy and would not be able to stay focused... and money.. need that.  Come thins weekend I should be able to work a bit on the mod.. maybe. No promises. Even if I work on it does not mean there will be an update released, sorry. 

Lol I was only kidding, quitting your job to work on a mod you don't get money for would be insane.

So I'm Looking for some opinions on some ideas that are rolling around my head. 

With the inclusion of dragons in Holy Fury I have a feeling I will be pulling the dragon aspect from the mod. (I will be adding a way to get dragons if and only if I can figure out how, currently the game blocks them from spawning via console if animal kingdoms is not enabled. I do not know if that will affect events as well, if it doesn't then it should be no problem) 

The second thing I have been thinking is changing up Reptilians, rather than be the descendants of dragons I may be changing them to humans who are trying to be come dragons. 

Thirdly if I do the change for Reptilians then The Forest Empire will be changing. (In name and some functions.) The first change would be to rename it, I am thinking to rename it to spell book. (Or something of the like.. maybe Grimoire.) Using that you would gain the ability to turn into a Reptilians and access other spells. All Reptilian abilities would become spells. One of the other spells would allow you to turn others into creatures/make them give birth to the animal races. 

Lastly Dark World and Slavery, I have also been thinking of pulling the Dark World requirement for the time being and incorporating a different version of slavery.

DarkWorld would still be optional, however if I do these plans then I will be mostly rewriting the mod from the ground up so it may not be present at release. 

Now, what all do you lot think of these ideas? Suggestions are welcome. 

2 hours ago, zia said:

One of the other spells would allow you to turn others into creatures/make them give birth to the animal races. 

This sounds like fun! :D

2 hours ago, zia said:

Lastly Dark World and Slavery, I have also been thinking of pulling the Dark World requirement for the time being and incorporating a different version of slavery.

DarkWorld would still be optional, however if I do these plans then I will be mostly rewriting the mod from the ground up so it may not be present at release. 

What's wrong with the DWR slavery that you wan't to reimplement it yourself? Just honest curiosity, there may be very legit reasons, for me it just seems like unnecessary work right now.

If it's because of the DWR dependency I wonder how many people using this (your) mod would care about that. :)

2 hours ago, zia said:

Thirdly if I do the change for Reptilians then The Forest Empire will be changing. (In name and some functions.) The first change would be to rename it, I am thinking to rename it to spell book. (Or something of the like.. maybe Grimoire.) Using that you would gain the ability to turn into a Reptilians and access other spells. All Reptilian abilities would become spells. One of the other spells would allow you to turn others into creatures/make them give birth to the animal races. 

Oh balls. Now I have to change up the lore in House Irae.

As a side note, as long as reptillians stay in the game as a racial trait, I'm perfectly fine with it. House Irae (and by lesser extent, Dark World Tweaks) calls for the dwse_lizard trait quite often.

7 minutes ago, tabitha said:

This sounds like fun! :D

What's wrong with the DWR slavery that you wan't to reimplement it yourself? Just honest curiosity, there may be very legit reasons, for me it just seems like unnecessary work right now.

If it's because of the DWR dependency I wonder how many people using this (your) mod would care about that. :)

It is mostly to lift the DWR dependency.  The main reason I want to remove the DWR requirement is that dewguru hasn't been around much lately. While lockeslycrit has been doing a lovely job with DWR Tweaks, I feel that removing the hardcoded dependency and relying on things in my own mod alone would work better for the long run.  DWR would be compatible mind you and there would be some calls for it, but they wont be required. 

Second reason to shift from DWR slavery would be due to how it is implemented. As my method would tie more into the spells than being physical training. 

1 minute ago, lockeslylcrit said:

Oh balls. Now I have to change up the lore in House Irae.

As a side note, as long as reptillians stay in the game as a racial trait, I'm perfectly fine with it. House Irae (and by lesser extent, Dark World Tweaks) calls for the dwse_lizard trait quite often.

Reptilians are staying, it would be more of a lore shift than a coding change. Except their powers as that would be tied into spells. If these changed are implemented you may need to update a few calls for it. (if I rename it, as I might. But a quick replace all in wordpad would solve this.) 

13 minutes ago, zia said:

Second reason to shift from DWR slavery would be due to how it is implemented. As my method would tie more into the spells than being physical training. 

Reptilians are staying, it would be more of a lore shift than a coding change. Except their powers as that would be tied into spells. If these changed are implemented you may need to update a few calls for it. (if I rename it, as I might. But a quick replace all in wordpad would solve this.) 

That sounds good. The only real lore issue I have is having to edit Belladonna Irae's backstory (in the House Irae Book of Lore decision) to rename the Elder Forest and to change how she was born to something else due to:

2 hours ago, zia said:

The second thing I have been thinking is changing up Reptilians, rather than be the descendants of dragons I may be changing them to humans who are trying to be come dragons.

Should be fairly simple enough.

5 hours ago, Darsel said:

I realize I'm a little late on this one, but:

Instead of removing the dragon component completely, couldn't the concept be reimagined as Wyrms/Wurms or Wyverns?

It is an idea, I promise nothing however. 

1 hour ago, funfun74 said:

When you hatch a dragon egg. Is the resulting Dragon suppose to have Incapable permanently on it even after reaching adulthood?

Yes. Interactions with the dragons are handled by events. This is also to make sure that the dragons are only born from eggs and not naturally. 

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, MightyJevinitus said:

I'm having issue downloading the .zip file, there seems to be corruption, and all files are blank.

Downloaded fine for me, sorry to hear you are having trouble. With that said I would recommend heading over to the Dark World Fantasy thread. Dark World Serpent Expansion was fully incorporated and is now part of Dark World Fantasy.  The one here may be outdated. 

• 2 months later...

For anyone else who was confused about how to incubate a dragon egg (because even with the egg artifact equipped you get "dragon egg dies" without proper incubation): just right click on your own character to find the option hatch it. After that it's only a matter of time!

Archived