Where are you from?

From the happiest nation on Earth: Denmark

Apparently...

I don't know who they asked when they did that survey. Not anyone I know, that's for sure!

Anywho, glad to see some fellow Scandinavians in the house, even if they do giggle with an accent (that's seriously one of the weirdest, yet most intriguing things I've ever heard! :classic_biggrin: )

And if you Swedes think your accents are bad when you speak English, have you ever heard the Danes?! Not only do most of them* speak with an utterly horrible accent, but they even add their regional dialects into the mix, so you can hear which part of the country they're from! Mads Mikkelsen is a good example and that talentless douche has even trained with a professional voice coach to try to get rid of his accent.

At least Swedes and Norwegians sound a little charming. You guys kind of "sing" the words. It sounds cute :smile:

Danes just have this flat, monotonous way of speaking that sounds like a plate of beans negotiating their way through a cow's digestive system.

*I say "them" because I basically grew up in front of a TV and adopted an American accent from an early age. You know how they say that however good you get at a foreign language and however often you speak it, you'll always revert back to your native tongue when you hurt yourself and need to curse? Yeah, whenever I'm in serious pain, my goto is: "MOTHERF***ER!!!"

I get a lot of weird looks... :classic_biggrin:

On 11/05/2018 at 2:54 AM, Fifoo said:

Hello everyone from France. This is the city that saw my birth, will you recognize it?

Reveal hidden contents

photo-parlement-europeen-788.jpg.df653c05d490f75bee4206de96390019.jpg

gare-galerie-verre-interieur-c-Chasmer.jpg.441f766a48e76d4e88c7b5129994d80b.jpg

The file is named "european parliament". So anyone fluent in google search will identify it as Strasbourg. :classic_wink:

Those pics are pretty classy though. Smiley_jap_HFR.gif

6 hours ago, Tirloque said:

So anyone fluent in google search will identify it as Strasbourg.

Good point, Tirloque. Have a cookie. :classic_wink:

6 hours ago, Tirloque said:

Those pics are pretty classy though.

But not mine: these were realized by photographers for neighborhood reviews of the city. The first is a part of the Parliament, the second represent a part of the dome and main entrance of the city Central Station.

On 5/16/2018 at 8:41 PM, Rock6579 said:

Belgium, and i think i'm the only belgian on here, PUTAIN CA FAIT CHIER!! xD

Nope. There are many. Including contributors.

1 minute ago, Rock6579 said:

Thats good to know!  Dutch speaking, french speaking or german speaking, remember that we are all brothers! <3<3<3

English, French, Italian, Spanish, Russkyi. All human beings are friend. Also if they speak different languages.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

From Australia.

The land of prisoner settlement, aboriginals taking a dump on the memorial statues of those defending them, country bumpkins that only make our stereotype be crocodile dundee and banning violent video games when we adults can make our own damn decisions and DON'T NEED YOUR INPUT/BUTTING IN, Australian Government!

I'm... fine.

Great to be here!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I come from the land of Mark Twain. Not nearly as terrible a place to live as its reputation. As long as you can tolerate humidity and don't mind a place that leans slightly republican (more so after 2016. Most of the liberals here really wanted Bernie Sander and haven't quite forgiven the DNC yet, judging by the way the midterms played out).

4 hours ago, vinamael said:

I live in the U.S.: in a state that most U.S. citizens couldn't find on a map.  It sits on top of a well known state and is kind of shaped like a cleaver.

I know what state you speak of. Sits between us and New Mexico (Kinda of, we're a bit to the north and just barely share a border with you).

51 minutes ago, MrEsturk said:

I come from the land of Mark Twain.

51 minutes ago, MrEsturk said:

I know what state you speak of. Sits between us and New Mexico (Kinda of, we're a bit to the north and just barely share a border with you).

I know both of these States, if you were to start at the place where the borders converge for these two States and moved due northwest, I'm in the state with the least land area at the 49th parallel.