OSA | Skyrim Ascendancy Engine

NP2 Panel

Talking about NP2 panel here, but as a heads up it might be exciting for developers but not so much for users, it's designed to replicate the original nav panel so not much will change at the start.

Problem was the very first thing I did when starting this project in actionscript was make the navigation panel, so i was very new to the language and didn't really have the knowledge to do it right, I got it to work but it was to messy and I didn't have the sanity to dive into the code anymore and make changes. I rewrote the nav panel script and it will be a lot more powerful and more customizable with a lot of benefits.

For developers I will most likely not keep upgrading NP1 since NP2 is the same overall but better and if you have started a project you should start upgrading to NP2 when you have time. Each scene has it's own nav panel so you can do scene.xmls here and there and get it updated eventually, it will still work if half your scenes are NP1 and the other half are NP2 until you finish it up.

The gist of the panel is the same as before, basically 3 levels of navigation:

1. TABBING (Tog key moves through the first level, in OSex for example this is the actors)

2. PAGES 

3. GRID

Each tab has a series of pages each one holds a grid, so in OSex terms, Tab = actors, Pages = Division of pages per actor, Grid = Buttons you click.

In NP2 these are all modular so as I develop more you can switch out just one segment or another per specific scene to suit what you want to do, and i can make much more dynamic interchangeable panels quickly now.

Example here, if you like you can use icons for your nav menu but you can switch out the nav panel to a text based one instead, and I can crank these out. So by changing around the xml the icon style nav grid can become this:

tumblr_ocsvwkVPPR1ubnr1mo2_r1_540.gif

I felt this type was needed especially since icon illustrations are limited, now developers can make scenes and not be capped by icons available by relying on text based navigation instead if they prefer that. Some users have requested also that my icon layout is too immersion breaking so I've added a new configuration option as well:

Opt For Text UI:

tumblr_ocsvwkVPPR1ubnr1mo3_r1_100.png

Users can toggle this and it will force all icon based NP2 panels to become text based instead, so if a user hates my illustrations or feels it's not Skyrim UI enough for them they hit this option and have a simpler text layout. I will try to make another option like this in the future that forces a Skyrimification of the UI, making a tone down text based, minimal white + black color palette override of UIs.

-----------

The main reason I had to upgrade to NP2 was a flaw in the design of NP1 that couldn't adapt to options I needed. The main issue is that it requires <actors> based exactly on the actor's in the scene for it's tab (tog options) but in some cases that are coming up like observer mode and multi+ actor stuff the tab needs to be used for other things besides actors. NP2 doesn't care how many actors are in the scene and you're defining exactly what each menu contains, what it's for and how it's stylized.

It has a lot better special text commands also to not have to type so much. Anywhere you see a ^ or $ leading off is meaning I did a shortcut and it's getting the info from somewhere else. It also has <defaults> and in the module.xml a <defaults> so you can omit a lot of data that you frequently use. For example I use the same icon base (Black circles in the back of icons) for all OSex buttons so I omit it and have it set once in the module.xml as a default, but I could still override that individually if i added base="" to the options.

Beyond that I removed a lot of useless confusing parameters and made the entries labeled cleared in the xml.

Here's an example of my first scene in OSex (Standing Adore) of the nav in NP2:

<nav>
     <tab actor="0" icon="sgo_dom_ic" text="$name">
          <page icon="m_tri_op">
               <option halo="h_gid_ic" icon="osx_180bust_f" go="^+01T180" text="^turnWAround" t0="1"/>
               <option halo="h_gid_ic" icon="osx_kn_f" go="^+01Kn" text="^lowerWDownToPKnees" t0="1"/>
               <option halo="h_maj_ic" icon="osx_feettoesup_f" go="^+01UpfLw" text="^liftWOffPFeet" t0="1"/>
                <option halo="h_gid_ic" icon="" go="^+01Ap" text="^letGoOfW" t0="1"/>
          </page>
          <page icon="m_heart_op">
               <option halo="h_ten_ic" icon="" go="^+01Emb" text="^embraceW" t0="1"/>
          </page>
     </tab>
     <tab actor="1" icon="sgo_sub_op" text="$name">
          <page icon="m_tri_ic">
               <option halo="h_gid_op" icon="" go="^+11C" text="^squatDown"/>
               <option halo="h_gid_op" icon="" go="^+01Ap" text="^letGoOfW" t0="0"/>
          </page>
          <page icon="m_heart_ic">
               <option halo="h_ten_op" icon="" go="^+10PrBod" text="^pressYourBodyAgaintW" t0="0"/>
               <option halo="h_ten_op" icon="" go="^+01Emb" text="^embraceW" t0="0"/>
          </page>
      </tab>
<defaults grid="text"/>
</nav>

You'll see it does still have actors="" the TABS are no longer required to be per actor but you can label them still for some purposes, like $name references that actors name as the output display (But you could type whatever you wanted here if you didn't want the tab to be about changing actors). OSA will try to maintain the current actor you are on when changing through scenes if you have this set.

-------

Lastly I have it set up better to do sexy flash effects so it will get a little more responsive feeling and a little sexier and alive from here on out. I also have it set to do a fade now if it doesn't receive input in x amount of time, if you're chilling on a scene the UI will vanish itself until you press an OSA key basically to make it return.

Hi Fox Fingers,

Yea that API will let you set the scenes to play how you want it. I did pretty thorough testing myself but obviously you'd be one of the first to use it so if any bugs come up just let me know please and I'll fix it, and thank you for giving it a try.

Hi CEO

I got your example OSex scene to run.  Very cool!

However, can you give me a hint on what the the codes are for

- Undress All

- Redress All

I've been looking through the XML's for all the different positions.  I get that.  Doing an instant full strip and full redress is eluding me though.

e.g 

myPlan[2] = "$Go,--- undress code ---"

myPlan[18] = "$Go,--- redress code ---"

Any hints appreciated.

Hi Fox Fingers,

Yea that API will let you set the scenes to play how you want it. I did pretty thorough testing myself but obviously you'd be one of the first to use it so if any bugs come up just let me know please and I'll fix it, and thank you for giving it a try.

Hi CEO

I got your example OSex scene to run.  Very cool!

However, can you give me a hint on what the the codes are for

- Undress All

- Redress All

I've been looking through the XML's for all the different positions.  I get that.  Doing an instant full strip and full redress is eluding me though.

e.g 

myPlan[2] = "$Go,--- undress code ---"

myPlan[18] = "$Go,--- redress code ---"

Any hints appreciated.

Hi Fox,

You could bring them to the undressing scenes and undress them from there which would be the mots cinematic since it would be through animation but on thinking about this more I see a problem with that system in seeing what you're asking. Ideally all users would have their ESG set up correctly but that's going to be far from reality so the success rate I believe of undressing through API usage is going to go way down and they won't have access to the scene menu to manually adjust for not having their ESG set up.

Here's what I'll do:

1. I'll add a command to full undress / redress for the API like you suggested in OSA 1.06 which is this weekend most likely, so you can for example pick one of the undressing scenes to get the animation to play and then undress them full from that scene.

This is a quick thing anyways I'll get it for the next version thanks!

More thoughts on it for the future:

I would really like to be able to anticipate that users ESG would be set up so you can do much more detailed animated undressing but, the esg system is complex and a lot of users most likely will not touch it, I'll try to add some kind of way at the planning stage that you can from papyrus see the actor's esg, from that you will know if the player has set up their ESG and is wearing appropriate stuff.

Something like this using if checks during the MyPlan[] making:

if esg.hasClothing(actor, "Pants")

myPlan[5] = "$GO, PantsOffScene

else

do something else

endif

this would allow for exact stripping to be planned for the best accuracy in animation but I'll need a little time to set up that system. Lastly when I finish work on the API I expect it to be able to figure this out on it's own with a few commands, like Half Undress, Full Undress and it would check ESG and do the heavy lifting for that actor for you resulting in them undressing in stages the best it can to fully undressed.

2: For Redressing

I'll add that command also like you suggested but in theory the post scene redressing animations should be handling it. It's not complete in animations yet so isn't currently putting all the stuff back on but for the most part it should be having them redress themselves through animation for the most part. I think a better fix on this is for me to add at the end of ESG redress a final scene that equips everything back that ESG didn't register, just for now. That way they will play all the animations they can to redress then simply just equip everything else they haven't put back on at once with no animation.

Thanks FoxFingers, it will be just a few days on those features, I'll be posting soon.

is it compatible with sexlab?

Yes

This is a quick thing anyways I'll get it for the next version thanks!

Ideally all users would have their ESG set up correctly but that's going to be far from reality so the success rate I believe of undressing through API usage is going to go way down and they won't have access to the scene menu to manually adjust for not having their ESG set up.

Yeah, I think the chances of all players having that set up are essentially nil. 

As a OSex user, my Go-To action has been the equipment -> undress all option.

As a modder, I'm open to scripting out the undressing for people who have taken the time to set it up.  Just need some example papyrus code I can work with that shows me what to do.

Welp, I'm feeling stupid, I've been messing around with module creation all day and only just realized I have an outdated version installed.

Just started poking my nose into modding yesterday so bear with me if I say anything silly. I have a couple of questions about OSA while I wait for NMM to do the update:

- Is there a way to reload the XML data ingame? As to not have to close and open it every time after an edit?
- I want to apply background music to animations. The following insert seemed apropriate but it either isn't working in the version I had or this might not be the right way to go about it?

<anim ........... >
<cfx ti="0" cmd="AUDIO" lib="OCinema" section="drama" sound="Drum_Bg_Big_10s"/>
</anim>
[EDIT] Nevermind, I just can't get it to play on the starting animation, which is fine anyways. [/EDIT]

So far I've gotten around loading animations, establishing some navigation, a bit on translation and I got an inkling on how I might have to go around setting audio files into an ESP and load them through a plugin form. This feels way better than butting my head against the Creation Kit before it crashes on me :3
I can't really put my finger on how to handle sounds and expressions yet though, gotta check again after the update.

Welp, I'm feeling stupid, I've been messing around with module creation all day and only just realized I have an outdated version installed.

Just started poking my nose into modding yesterday so bear with me if I say anything silly. I have a couple of questions about OSA while I wait for NMM to do the update:

- Is there a way to reload the XML data ingame? As to not have to close and open it every time after an edit?

- I want to apply background music to animations. The following insert seemed apropriate but it either isn't working in the version I had or this might not be the right way to go about it?

<anim ........... >
<cfx ti="0" cmd="AUDIO" lib="OCinema" section="drama" sound="Drum_Bg_Big_10s"/>
</anim>
[EDIT] Nevermind, I just can't get it to play on the starting animation, which is fine anyways. [/EDIT]

So far I've gotten around loading animations, establishing some navigation, a bit on translation and I got an inkling on how I might have to go around setting audio files into an ESP and load them through a plugin form. This feels way better than butting my head against the Creation Kit before it crashes on me :3

I can't really put my finger on how to handle sounds and expressions yet though, gotta check again after the update.

Hi Jerok,

Thanks again for giving a module a go. I'll go over the thing sI can clear and hopefully it saves some time.

- The xml gets cached and if OSA gets prompted to reload it, it just references the cache so the data can be open only once per session which sucks I know for live tweaking. Might be some ways around this in the future but not at the moment.

As long as you got the basics of navigation and having the animations run you are on your way, that's the hardest part, I find from that point it's pretty easy and quick to generate new scenes and expanding the module.

--------------------------------

In terms of stuff not happening on the first scene, in some cases OSA steams files so it gets them as it needs them but when a scene starts it has a boot up thing it does: It will start the scene as soon as it has all the data it needs to run the scene without crashing but after wards it takes about 2-4 more seconds to full set up all the non-essential things about the scenes and the actors. For example when the scene starts the actors persona's aren't loaded yet but once something occurs that needs their persona data it gets them and persona is primarily the long one that takes a few seconds to bind up actors in papryus to their different sound packs.

I'm working on a drive by spank module where the spank occurs within 2-3 seconds of the module starting and by standard usage the Persona wasn't loaded yet to have their spank sound ready so I made this init you can put in module.xml

<init cmd="preload" id="persona" a="0"/>
<init cmd="preload" id="persona" a="1"/>

To have their persona be something that is loaded right away but I don't think this will effect OCinema.

----------------------------------

OCinema is flawed a little bit and is a reason why Wizard Sex is delayed since it's the only module that uses OCinema at the moment. The main issue is that OCinema should be a part of the module and not OSA. Currently you're just using an assembly of sounds in a form list that OSA has but ideally each module will get their own cinema pack for sounds so you can put as many extra sounds as you want in it.

I might be explaining this wrong I'll try again: The point of OCinema was to put a bunch of Skyrim's vanilla effects and sounds into a callable formlist and I added some extras to use as I come by them. This is supposed to provide an initial palette of sounds/spell effects for developers to have access to, things from Skyrim itself but also a couple extras so if those suited their purposed they don't need to add an esp to their module (Like a starter pack kind of thing).  Each module soon will also get their own formlist like OCinema where they can add their own sounds directly to. OCinema does have another purpose in that it's meant for more "invasive" sounds. The drums etc. are something that not everyone might be into so the Cinema classification is going to lead to a toggle eventually for the user to turn off that family of effects if it's too much for their playstyle. That way you can go a little overboard with your cinema effects and don't have to worry about pissing the user off since they can turn it off.

The family of things you see in Wizard sex were ambitious and in some ways I'm stilling pulling them together <buffs> <ocinema> <casting> they all work but are a little complicated, I can simplify them a bit and am in preparation for rereleasing the wizard sex plugin, which is primarily a study to get magic effects and cool spell like stuff happening during OSA scenes.

---------------------------------------

I'd say hold off for now on sounds for the most part because I'm doing some revisions to make that system better. If it's capping your progress, like if you're ready for a release I can put some temp stuff into OSA right away but I'm finalizing some plans on the osfx stuff to have it be more versatile and developer friendly as we speak.

-----------------------------------------

To explain expressions. There is too engine's at play that effect it,

transitions use:
OSFX which is what you are calling ocinema with, a series of timed events that do things. It's easy for me to implement new things but it is missing quite a lot of thing you might want, if you tell me an idea of what you might like I'll put it in.

loops use:
MOTIF which is a looping script that runs settings based on the persona.xml. In the scene.xml an example: (One for each actor in the scene.)

<motif drive="intimate" theme="Affection"/>

----------------------------------------------

The drawback and strength of Persona is that it's out of the module developers hands to an extent. In the case above you're saying that the scene is an affectionate scene but it's up to the actor's individual persona's to decide how that makes them look and what they do. The same is true for events like the spanking scenes. In osex it calls the spank event but I don't define their reaction to the spank in OSex, I just say a spank occured at that point. instead their Persona says what kind of reaction they should make. This way different actors will react to spanks differently instead of relying on an exact defined reaction that they would do everytime. 

In the version after next I'll have <motif> able to take custom motifs that the module developer makes up instead, they will most likely go in the module XML similar to how I put <dfx> and <facesuites>. That way if Persona is too broad for what you want to do you can make up some exact expressions that you'd like the actors to be doing, to not use Persona at all but still have access to the face engine.

------------------------------------------------------

From reading this it sounds like what you'd like is some optional separation of control from Persona to the Developer. I'll see about adding these...

- Play a music form from Skyrim directly referencing it by (MOD NAME + Form ID)
- Play a wav form from Skyrim directly (Sorry, thought I added this but looking through things now it seemed to have got left out.)
- Custom motif's for scene's that override Persona's Motifs
- Custom facial movements in osfx that override persona

Thank you for your time and info!

Yes, I was currently trying to figure out a way to hack what I need into it but the controls you suggest would be just what I need. Here's my motivation and what I'm trying to do:

I've recently become addicted to the great dance animation packs the community has built and gathered, but come accross an annoyance with the animation mods and how they're used. There's "ShakeIt" and the expanded "ShakeIt some more" (I think the author of "ShakeIt" might be looking into OSA but I'm unaware of the progress), then there's the "FengWu" mod that has a set of dance animations which are currently being overwritten by a few big dance pack releasers. So currently you can only switch around the files between dozens of animation files, rerun FNIS and try to wrap your head about which dances you actually replaced ingame since some file and ingame names missmatch.

My starting intent was to figure out how the "FengWu" mod works and insert new packs in, but I remembered OSA and how much potential it could add. So I'm thinking of of either organizing a dance pack collection depending on how permissions go or at least build a template module with easy intructions I can provide for other people to add their dances into their own module. Or heck, just give them an OSA conversion, I'm not looking for credit.

What I think OSA can or hopefully will be able to do for this module:

- Allow to list and jump into a dance animation (I currently know it can, though I've been getting different results between the previous version of OSA and this one, the previous would interrupt the current animation on switch with my setup and the current one doesn't, I'm guessing there is a parameter I'm missing for this);
- Play a music to go along the dance animation (I was looking into OCinema since it looked like the closest thing, but adding entries into it's form list isn't getting me anywhere, I will wait for further developments with the OSFX then! :D );

More advanced:

- Change the expression to match the mood for the dance (I guess this would indeed need custom motifs unless there's a way to set up a neutral value that'd apply to any persona? I thought I already got this working in a previous test but if it can change with persona then I shouldn't rely in that test);
- Attempt to add a form of lip sync to certain dances (same as expressions);

Playing around with it has been a lot of fun thus far, for now I'll focus on organizing and setting up navigation and translations. I'll be poking the dance threads soon too since I only thought to start working on this AFTER I downloaded any pack I found out there, so I need some help with cataloguing, labeling and stuff. @_@' Like, got dozens of packs with the same file name. I'll probably have to hunt them all down again.
The general feel I got from the dance packs is that the animation creators are fine with sharing, but music and copyrights are another issue. But I'll put more thought into that after I know I can actually get this working. >_<

Ah, almost forgot, there's the issue of multiple dancers. But I know the possibility to invite more people into a scene is a work in progress.

Thanks Jerok, sounds very cool,

Good news is OSA can do most of it what you described now. I haven't done extensive testing of OSA with a single actor so some things might come up as a result, if anything does I'll look into it but I imagine it should be fine.

A question are you doing the dances in transitions or in loops, there's two basic types of scene.xmls the transitions are the much shorter styled ones. i could see it going into either one and most likely to do everything you wanted would need a kind of hybrid type of scene. Seems like if you do it as transitions you'd need a cool down scene where the controls show up on for the next dance to be selected, or maybe the dances have an intro that's a transition then goes into a loop.

This might help figure out why they aren't connecting sometimes like you mentioned.

- Motifs will do what you want to do if they are happening in a loop.

Something like the above will make them look happy for now for example, if you put that into a scene.xml for a loop. The issue is that motif belongs to the intimate family of persona's. Persona is divided up into 3 packs, intimate, combat, general. So users can mix match stuff without having their combat influence their libido etc. The intimate persona family is a lot more filled out. The thing about Persona's is while you could make your own theme in a family it doesn't make much sense to that because Persona's are meant to be modular so they can plug and go into anything, and it's very much ideal that they follow a standardized series of themes. However that's just a small hurdle because it's pretty just figuring out what standardized class is needed copying a theme that's close and renaming it and doing some little tweaks. Basically I'm just doing some oversight on Persona themes so they are efficient but cover all the bases that might be needed.

Motifs are designed to compliment loops better in that they weave in expressions and sounds over time based on a lot of values. Transitions rely on OSFX which are scripted exact timed things, but they can trigger something similar to motifs in the use of <events> which makes the actor's persona form the reaction to the event, events are hardcoded however as they tie in heavily into different parts of OSA and new events have to be made through me, and they are mostly intimacy focused because of OSex.

- 1.086 can add and drop actors on the fly really well so you'll be all set once I release that.

- LipSync is possible for me to incorporate but I'll most likely have to work on it directly to make a solution like you are looking for. If you are doing the dances in transitions then you could theoretically just do it all with osfx right now, it would be a pretty extensive bunch of xml and take some time to plan however. If the lip sync is in loops then we'd need to implement a special kind of feature to loops to do so. The best bet would be to get music working so we have something to time, after that let me take a look at the module so I have something to work with and I'll see if I can rig a loop up to take osfx and make it accurate enough. The lip sync would still have to be plotted in the same was as in transitions but it would be possible. I'll need to know if you're putting them in transitions or loops to know where the music would need to be triggered from.

- 1.086 has the option for text based nav panels, so this might suit what you're doing better since I imagine my icons aren't cutting it for dances and you most likely need clear descriptions of what dance can be selected.

Using a single actor seems fine thus far. Ignore my issues with navigating between dance animations, I derped and had a broken animation inbetween which made me think that.

Something I find curious in <anim /> is the "l" parameter, I can guess it's the intended length in seconds of the animation, but for me all it was doing pre-update was locking the navigation panel for that length of time which didn't break or make anything for me, the animation kept playing for it's entire length anyways. Now it's not locking navigation, which is fine too, I'm just wondering if this parameter's behaviour could change in the future and possibly end the animation early.

To answer your question about using transitions or loops, I'm running them as transitions. I want the dance to run it's entire length and mantain it's last position since they usually end in a cool pose. I'm using these parameters for FNIS which I believe give me what I want: "b -a,Tn"

Honestly, as far as my basic goals everything seems to play fine as it is! :D I'm only missing sound. As for navigation, I want to keep things simple for myself so I only intend to have this sort of navigation structure:

- Starting/Resting animation is an idle animation;

- Tabbing while "resting" lets you change between dance animation collections and their pages;

- Horizontal navigation to switch between pages within a dance collection;

- Vertical navigation lists the dance names included in the currently open collection and page.

Basically the "resting" scene or scenes would allow navigating between the collections and pages, as to not have to paste a humongous navigation menu into every single scene.

As far as I understand NP2 will allow me to set it up like this or at least close to it. I'll figure something out.

For facial expressions I think I'll be more than happy with the selection you provide, I don't mean to have anything fancy like timed mood changes in the middle of the dance (though now that I look this seems available), I just don't want a static face. I only have to poke around to see what options you have available.

As for lip sync, I was indeed thinking of just trigerring timed phonetic events like what you had in the wizard module, I know it'd possibly look weird and take a lot of manual entries, but it's only something I'd do after everything else is done. Plus I'm secretly hoping it'll actually end up looking kinda great. :P

Regardless, I'll just wait until there's actual documentation for these more advanced details.

I'll send you something tomorrow with just a couple of dances just so you can see what I'm going for. Ultimately it's very simple stuff, I'm only linking animations using OSA after all. Still, I'd say that getting this far in the dark is a testament to how well OSA is built.

Glad to hear it's going well and thanks.

You're right about the l="" parameter in that it's a little strange. The way Skyrim does it is if you send the same animation event that an actor is already playing it does nothing not even start the animation over. This actually causes me a lot of problems, in the case that I have 2 scenes but one actor is the same, and the other is different, (let's say one actor changed their head direction only) If I jump to the new scene it will start the actor with the new head direction but not refresh the timing of the old one making it out of sync, so in cases like that I generally have to use a duplicate set of animations for the 2nd actor which isn't great but any attempts I've made to work around it result in a single frame snap to tpose which looks bad.

The parameter will do very little for most things and will not really change playback but there is some processing that has to take place in a loop and some of it is papyrus side so 1-2 seconds at a minimum is most likely good to let it breathe.

The length parameter comes into play in more specific things like this:

<scene id="0MF|Sy6!Sy9|Ho|St9Adore" actors="2" style="OScene">
<info name="Adore | Affection" animator="Ceo"/>
<region om="A" maj="S" min="S" stage="" step="" story=""/>
<anim id="0Sx0MF_Ho-St9AdoreV0" t="L" l="2.0"/>
<anim id="0Sx0MF_Ho-St9AdoreV1" t="L" l="2.0"/>
<anim id="0Sx0MF_Ho-St9AdoreV2" t="L" l="2.0"/>

This is making it pick from different variations of animations, it refreshes them at the end of each of their l="" time. So in those cases it needs a time to know when the animation is near a seam where it can be switched out.

It's a bit of a vestige and in a lot of cases it's barely needed anymore, except for a few specific types of anim setups. For most of my own scenes I set l="2.0" as a base point even if they are a lot longer. The only time it would really matter is if you are doing variations like the above example and there's a lot of movement in them, (so much that when it gets blended it doesn't look right.) setting length to be more accurate would ensure the animation is closer to the end point to blend better to the next variation.

------------

The plan sounds perfect, if I'm understanding correctly you're going to have looping scenes be like a selection point, and you'll have a few looping scenes connected to categorize the animations. Would be cool if you get like a cool down, / athletic warm up aniimation in between, maybe changing with the feel of the dances in the category.

The setup like wizard does for a long series of OSFX is most likely how it has to be done. It wouldn't be to bad though maybe a good nights work to set up a song. I might be able to rig up a special osfx  for very long lip sync segments so it takes less xml and is more intuitive to work with. I'll see what I can come up with.

Alright guys I'm here to talk to you about Dynamic Icons.

With the creation of NP2 I've added the full power that I would want the nav panel to have, it's got a number of quality of life stuff for developers and also a little sexier for users. Most importantly the ability to collapse the icon display down to a text only display gave me the opportunity to get a little bolder with my icons, I tried to keep it somewhat toned down before because some people complained it wasn't skyrim ui enough but now I believe the text based menu fits nicely in with Skyrim so I am upgrading icons to have more of my own aesthetic which is somewhere in between old-school japanese RPG icons that have a cupcake-candy feel to them and Skyrim.

As such I've made significant improvements that most likely people will not give a fuck about but I had fun doing it so w/e.

Can see the text-based collapsed version here if you missed that post:

tumblr_ocsvwkVPPR1ubnr1mo2_r1_540.gif

----------------------------

For Developers

If you've been working in a OSA module you might have noticed that colors were limited to the palettes I've made icons in. This is no longer the case, NP2 only needs one version of each icon and it dynamically colors it. For example the triangle icon used to have to be suffixed with a color like os_mtri_op os_mtri_ic.

Now you do this: <page icon="mtri"><hue n="hu" cmd="rg" a="1"/>

mtri is the icon,  hue defines it's color,

in this case I'm using a special command where I tell it to reference the color in the module.xml of actor1's role. Every icon in the menu can now be colored whatever you want, also the icons you display for nav can be colored also, this includes a separation of skin tones from arrows and graphics on the icons so you can color the arrows one color, the bodies another, w/e you want.

Here's an example of a NP2 nav button with full coloring:

<option halo="hgentle" icon="oknlbdn_9_f" go="^+01Kn" text="^lowerWDownToPKnees" t0="1">
<enhance a="1"/><hhue n="hu" cmd="rg" a="0"/><ihue cmd="body" a="1"/><ihue n="gx" cmd="rg" a="1"/>
</option>

enhance means it's an enhanced icon (discussed below) hhue is the halo hue, ihue's for various elements of the icon,  body cmd colors all the skin, body, hair to the actor in a="1" role's skin/hair tones. ihue n="gx" is the color of the arrow in the graphic.

Dynamic Icons

tumblr_od2nblNpgs1ubnr1mo9_250.png

You will have this option in your config / general, "DYNAMIC ICON DISPLAY" it starts on by default. It allows for enhanced icons displaying more stuff, you can turn it off if you don't like it. It will display cool additional things on icons and a majority of it is related to the actor's PROFILE. 

New Profile Section

Profile got a new section called <gfx> which holds data that describes how the actor is displayed by the UI. This mainly applies to icon display but will also apply to other UI elements to come like body stats overview / xray vision.

<gfx>
<skinHue v="85ACDB"/>
<hairHue v="D63838"/>
<nippleHue v="3D2489"/>
<lipHue v="3D2489"/>
<eyeHue v="3D2489"/>
<mgenHue v="85ACDB"/>
<fgenHue v="85ACDB"/>
<hasMGen v="1"/>
<mgenDisplaySize v="2"/>
</gfx>

All should be self explanatory and if not I'll explain/show more below

SkinTone Display

tumblr_od2nblNpgs1ubnr1mo8_250.png

All icons featuring bodies can have a majority of it uniquely colored for that actor, any color you want. Hair, Nipples, Skin, Eyes, Lips, MaleGenitals, FemGenitals. Will be able to display some alternate ESG output also in time. This is a config option also so if you don't care you can disable it.

K idk what you're talking about Ceo just show me 

and tell me why everytime I start the OSex my actors just stand inside of each other and nothin happens

tumblr_od2nblNpgs1ubnr1mo1_1280.png

Enhanced Icons are updated live by the actors ESG dress status, as the actors undress their icons undress

tumblr_od2nblNpgs1ubnr1mo2_1280.png

Many possibilities

tumblr_od2nblNpgs1ubnr1mo3_1280.png

Skin Tone, Hair Tone, Nipple Tone, etc. can all be changed, and it supports icons featuring multi actors as well. The graphics like the X shown here can be defined specifically to a certain color by the developer also. I use it as a signifier for which actor is being effected, so if you want to follow that but use a different color palette you can easily switch out all the graphics to a color you prefer.

tumblr_od2nblNpgs1ubnr1mo4_1280.png

A number of hue's input into their profile are referenced and used in icons, you can use any color you want for maximum icon accuracy, even for night elfs.

tumblr_od2nblNpgs1ubnr1mo5_1280.png

Shocky Fans, Futa Deamon Succubuses, Orcs all can get love now.

tumblr_od2nblNpgs1ubnr1mo6_1280.png

as a shout out to all OSA Futa fans. You can also set your icons to dynamic display your character's futaness. Comes in 3 sizes.

You add this to a female's profile to have it show up: <hasMGen v="1"/>

Then you tweak this value: <mgenDisplaySize v="2"/> Default is 0 and above is sizes 0 and 1

tumblr_od2nblNpgs1ubnr1mo7_400.png

Here's size 2 on a blue skinned babe.

There's no lack of pretty idles for skyrim so I'll keep my eye for those. I'd love to make my own but animating is still off in the distance for me, hopefully not too far. For now I grabbed one of your idles as stand in.

I'm attaching  a slimmed down file here so you can check what I've managed to get running and anyone else that's curious can take a look. One thing I've just realized is that I can't figure how to get "observing" to work. As in, choose another NPC as a dancer and inspect it to have control. The option doesn't show up.

[EDIT]Aaaaand I just found out about <multi> for the pandect.xml. This is gonna fix it isn't it? It's always right after I post stuff that I realize. Yup, it works now.[/EDIT]

For anyone that downloads this and pokes it:

- Don't forget to run FNIS;

- Don't attach the module to a key to run it, start it up through the OSA menu after selecting your character (ignore the female icon, you should be able to run it on a male character).

Hopefully I didnt forget to pack something in the file.

[EDIT]Now you can head over here instead for test releases.[/EDIT]

I'm a newbie here but I'll share what little I know.

guys i still confused to use this 0sa...

anybody can help me? i have install 0SA with the right...

but i never appear...and did i need 0sex to doing sex with this?

i have Fnis too Thanx

#newbie :(

You might want to read the requirements and installation process very carefully. To answer your question, you do need 0Sex. After the entire process you should be able to see a menu when you hit the NUMPAD enter key.
If you manage to get to that point and start a scene but the characters don't move you need to learn how to run FNIS, feel free to ask via PM for that.

Hi 0S CEO,please tell me how to make game characters engaged in group sex or this does not yet exist in your animations.Sorry for bad English,I write with a translator.

If I remember right some scenarios like that one were present in previous versions but not the latest one. I would suggest to just wait until they're released again.

@CEO - Would it be possible to key animation to mouse input?

If you mean changing an animation by moving thing mouse:

Yea I think so, I don't think papyrus can detect that so you'd have to use flash or maybe a .dll can do it. I personally don't know how to register for Mouse input in flash but it's possible since expired did it in racemenu.

You'd be triggering an animation through papyrus based on whatever criteria of mouse movement you are looking for. Most likely it would use the debug.sendanimationevent() function, could be even better if it used subgraph animation like SoS erection does but I have no idea how to do that.

The debug method you'd be limited by blending. If you have two poses and left right mouse movements change between them, if you have 0 blend it will just snap from pose to pose with no blending between them, if you use blending or leave it default Skyrim will blend from one position to the other while starting up the next pose so a majority of the effect would be in the blending that Skyrim does between the different mouse movements.

@CEO - Would it be possible to key animation to mouse input?

If you mean changing an animation by moving thing mouse:

Yea I think so, I don't think papyrus can detect that so you'd have to use flash or maybe a .dll can do it. I personally don't know how to register for Mouse input in flash but it's possible since expired did it in racemenu.

You'd be triggering an animation through papyrus based on whatever criteria of mouse movement you are looking for. Most likely it would use the debug.sendanimationevent() function, could be even better if it used subgraph animation like SoS erection does but I have no idea how to do that.

The debug method you'd be limited by blending. If you have two poses and left right mouse movements change between them, if you have 0 blend it will just snap from pose to pose with no blending between them, if you use blending or leave it default Skyrim will blend from one position to the other while starting up the next pose so a majority of the effect would be in the blending that Skyrim does between the different mouse movements.

I'm not actually necessarily referring to changing the current animation, but manipulating its speed or direction (though seeing as how you do have different animations for different speeds in OSex, maybe). Along similar lines, do you know if its possible to manipulate the in-game skeleton while applying IK constraints? Clearly Skyrim already does this by adjusting foot positions to match uneven surfaces, but I'm wondering if anyone has been able to tap into this further.

I installed the OSA framework, and the OSX module, activated the esm file, and ran FNIS but...it doesn't show up in the game, I tried the SKI_configmanagerintance 1 command line too, and it won't show up after several tries of restarting the game as well, also, I am using Immersive UI, would that mod be conflicting with the OSA framework?

If you are having a UI conflict from another mod I've made a big warning box pop up for a few seconds so if you aren't seeing this then most likely that isn't the case.

To confirm, if you press "numpad enter"  nothing happens?

Hi there! I've been having this problem with my heavily modded skyrim and when a press "numpad enter" actually nothing happens, but I know it has to be a mod conflict because if I just activate SkyUI and OSA it works... Trying to identify which one is the culprit and reporting back.

Just if you know what the problem could be, I would appreciate some insight.

Thanks for the great job!

I installed the OSA framework, and the OSX module, activated the esm file, and ran FNIS but...it doesn't show up in the game, I tried the SKI_configmanagerintance 1 command line too, and it won't show up after several tries of restarting the game as well, also, I am using Immersive UI, would that mod be conflicting with the OSA framework?

If you are having a UI conflict from another mod I've made a big warning box pop up for a few seconds so if you aren't seeing this then most likely that isn't the case.

To confirm, if you press "numpad enter"  nothing happens?

Hi there! I've been having this problem with my heavily modded skyrim and when a press "numpad enter" actually nothing happens, but I know it has to be a mod conflict because if I just activate SkyUI and OSA it works... Trying to identify which one is the culprit and reporting back.

Just if you know what the problem could be, I would appreciate some insight.

Thanks for the great job!

Ok, I got it! If you use iHud and activate the "Link all SkyUI Widgets" option, you're up for some trouble... :P

Thanks anyway!

I love how although OSA keeps collision working you can't be moved by other NPCs but you CAN move other NPCs. I was testing out a dance with lots of movement with my followers nearby, my character rushes to the side to kick the air and that was exactly where a follower's head was, ended up suddenly getting kicked offscreen towards the end of the room. Had a good laugh!

Hello.

I got a problem and I got no clue why. Pressing Enter won't opening up the menu and pressing F8 for 5+ seconds wont rebind.

Any idea why?

dude you got the time wrong, it's between 8 and 10 seconds not 5.

Also, are you playing on a laptop without a numpad? because if that's the case you need to press your fn key and f8 at the same time and then the rebinding will happen, hope this helps