OSA | Skyrim Ascendancy Engine

Just spent all day setting up my mods. Come to figure out 'Enter' is not working and I mean OSA is not popping up. I've tried F8 as well. I've flipped NumLock on and off multiple times. I used a MO profile with only OSA, OSEX and LAL installed and created a PC real quick and 'Enter' is still not working. This is a extreme let down consider I resetup my mods and everything JUST for this mod.

Just spent all day setting up my mods. Come to figure out 'Enter' is not working and I mean OSA is not popping up. I've tried F8 as well. I've flipped NumLock on and off multiple times. I used a MO profile with only OSA, OSEX and LAL installed and created a PC real quick and 'Enter' is still not working. This is a extreme let down consider I resetup my mods and everything JUST for this mod.

It's numEnter

Thanks Morra, Investigating and have similar reports from other users but not all, it's a strange bug because some include my team don't get it, it's possible there's some kind of very weird conflict that's happening, or maybe it has something to do with the computer system and loading things faster or slower and issues coming as a result, might be a little hard to solve but I'll see what I can do and am working on it.

Waking up today, didn't expect to be knighted. Was amazingly surprised. Thank you for this.

I think, I was not clear enough about the version of OSA I was using. I was experiencing the bug in question only on the latest 1.85C (that you asked us to test), but checking out Nexus, I came to realize that's not the version everybody is testing. So reverting back to 1.85B makes the problem go way.

Sorry for confusion.

It's numEnter

Sorry I wasn't clear. The enter on the numPad? Yes that's the one I've been pressing. :P

I have a Cosair RGB K95 Keyboard, my numEnter in Skyrim Controls comes up 0x9c 

Picture as example, but I don't use the enter for my map. How can I rebind? I held F8 for 10 secs and hit left shift but nothing happened.

EDIT: Tried with old Keyboard, seems to be the same... I'm baffled. Is there anyway to tell if the mods even working? i.e. typing something in console?

EDIT: Spent another hour and half trying to fix it. Still, nothing. No errors, haven't been able to find any logs, Holding F8 for ten secs and then hitting left shit does nothing. I've tried a old keyboard to ensure that it's not the keyboard itself. I tried with just LAL, SkyUI, FNIS, OSA on. Still, absolutely nothing. Adding MO screencap. That's all I have enabled in them.

EDIT: It's MO 2.0.7. I reverted back to MO1 for Skyrim just now and it worked like a charm. It might be because of the new "Instance" feature that MO2 has were it has a option to store data in your temp folder (AppData), instead of the original way.

post-850090-0-22448200-1472416664_thumb.png

post-850090-0-14286200-1472421298_thumb.png

CEO I had a quick question. I know OSA doesn't play well with iHUD but what about UI Extensions?

Hello Hippeus,

in 1.085 I patched OSA for this and it now works with all UI mods that it had a conflict with. I don't see it having any conflicts with any Skyrim mod from this point on.

iHUD + OSA works but some users get confused by it because there's a iHUD option to hide all menus which includes hiding OSA, making them think OSA isn't working. Simply have to disable that option in the iHud MCM to make it work.

CEO I had a quick question. I know OSA doesn't play well with iHUD but what about UI Extensions?

Hello Hippeus,

in 1.085 I patched OSA for this and it now works with all UI mods that it had a conflict with. I don't see it having any conflicts with any Skyrim mod from this point on.

iHUD + OSA works but some users get confused by it because there's a iHUD option to hide all menus which includes hiding OSA, making them think OSA isn't working. Simply have to disable that option in the iHud MCM to make it work.

Okay so I can restore my iHUD and UI Extensions then? Thanks.

its two days since I installed OSA and OSEX.

I must be super lucky because everything has worked for me.

I love the quest mod Amorous Adventures. I have played it through as a male and female pc.

AA was marvelous with Sexlab. with OSA and Osex, AA is incredible!

I started a new game and when my character arrived in Riverwood, I talked to Gerdur and started the first part of AA, " Nordic Hospitality ". 

thanks to OSEX, my character's love making options with her, were extensive. it was at least ten minutes before I pressed delete. 

it was the same story with Camilla Valerius. when I had recovered the claw, the second part of her AA quest started,  

the sex with her was just as varied and entertaining thanks to OSEX. 

my characters body shape and how she looks is very important now. I have never spent so much time choosing a skin texture or face preset. it's so difficult to decide which one looks best.

I cannot recommend OSA and OSEX highly enough. they have made playing Skyrim a hundred times better for me.

I can't wait to try the planned plugins and any new quest mods, that come about, as a result of these two game changing mods.

Hi CEO

I have a scene making question.  Okay, so I tried running this through my Mod:

string[] newScene = osa.makeStage()
    osa.setActors(newScene, actorArray)
    osa.setModule(newScene, "0Sex", "0MF|Cy6!DDy6|Sx|DoggyLiPopSxHT", 0)
    osa.start(newScene)

Giving it an array of a couple actors.  That works fine.  Basically puts them into one position and runs the animation for just that one position.  Okay, cool.

Now, could you give an example of what the code would look like for a transition and into a new position from there?

Is it just a repetition of the above with utility.wait statements in between? 

Or is there a script solution where you build out several positions with transitions in between and give a time in seconds to spend in each animation before transitioning?

Basically, how do I build out a varied lovemaking scene.

Thanks!

Hi CEO

osa.start(newScene)

Giving it an array of a couple actors.  That works fine.  Basically puts them into one position and runs the animation for just that one position.  Okay, cool.

Now, could you give an example of what the code would look like for a transition and into a new position from there?

Or is there a script solution where you build out several positions with transitions in between and give a time in seconds to spend in each animation before transitioning?

Thanks!

Tu build your own scene with transitions you need to create your own module for that, modify the OSEX one or you can create a plugin for OSEX.

Hi CEO

osa.start(newScene)

Thanks!

Tu build your own scene with transitions you need to create your own module for that, modify the OSEX one or you can create a plugin for OSEX.

Oh! Alright.

Thanks for that!

Ascendancy Engine screenshots and gifs here look awesome, one could compare them to pro 3D studio works at some perspectives. 

Unfortunately I too have problems getting it to work: I get the left and right interface visible with scene options and some voice cues that something is happening but the characters just stand in one spot what ever selections I make. Only thing I've accomplished was to undress them. :D

I think that there is something missing "connecting" the animations to osex.. I have newest versions of FNIS, OSA and Osex, also SKSE and SKYUI. I also have netimmerse override that was recommended for it and those were all installed on clean Skyrim. Now I have OSA also and files related to it but didn't seem to help.

There are no error messages or excessive crashes when trying the mod but sometimes the game fails to start with other mods added, not sure why.

Cheers, keep up the great work!

Hi CEO

osa.start(newScene)

Thanks!

According to CEO's API guide, it should be something like this:

osa.setModule(newScene, "0Sex")
string[] myPlan = new string[8]
myPlan[1] = "$Wait,10"
myPlan[2] = "$Go,0MF|Cy6!DDy6|Sx|DoggyLiPopSxHT"
myPlan[3] = "$Wait,6"
myPlan[4] = "$Go,--transition animation--"
myPlan[6] = "$Wait,6"
myPlan[7] = "$Go,--next animation--"
   osa.setPlan(newScene, myPlan) 
   osa.start(newScene)

The doggystyle animation would last for 6 seconds, then a transition (insert the actual anim ID there) plays for another 6 seconds, then the next animation starts. Since there's no $EndScene in the plan, the player has control from that point on.

Refer to the guide linked above for more options.

Hi CEO

osa.start(newScene)

Thanks!

According to CEO's API guide, it should be something like this:

osa.setModule(newScene, "0Sex")
string[] myPlan = new string[8]
myPlan[1] = "$Wait,10"
myPlan[2] = "$Go,0MF|Cy6!DDy6|Sx|DoggyLiPopSxHT"
myPlan[3] = "$Wait,6"
myPlan[4] = "$Go,--transition animation--"
myPlan[6] = "$Wait,6"
myPlan[7] = "$Go,--next animation--"
   osa.setPlan(newScene, myPlan) 
   osa.start(newScene)

The doggystyle animation would last for 6 seconds, then a transition (insert the actual anim ID there) plays for another 6 seconds, then the next animation starts. Since there's no $EndScene in the plan, the player has control from that point on.

Refer to the guide linked above for more options.

Ah, okay.  Cool!  Let me give that a try.

Thanks!

Hi Fox Fingers,

Yea that API will let you set the scenes to play how you want it. I did pretty thorough testing myself but obviously you'd be one of the first to use it so if any bugs come up just let me know please and I'll fix it, and thank you for giving it a try.

To clarify some things:

$Go and $Warp are two different kinds of movement commands.

$Go,0MF|Cy6!DDy6|Sx|DoggyLiPopSxHT"

$Warp,0MF|Cy6!DDy6|Sx|DoggyLiPopSxHT"

$Go uses the autonav that navigation and roulette uses so you can type in any scene from any scene and it should go all the way to where you want to be which saves you the trouble of having to make every single step along the way a part of your plan. Autonav relies on a bunch of data entry in the XML so there are chances that certain paths in certain directions might bug, if something weird happens let me know please what scene and I can find and fix the typo, it's quick to fix an autonav error just there's a lot of possibilities so it's hard to thoroughly test.

$Warp will just place you directly on a certain scene, you could use $Warp to go all the way if you selected each transition and loop one at a time but it would take a lot more entries as opposed to just using $Go. In some cases actiony scenes like spanking do require a $Warp at the moment, so it would be best to $Go to the scene that you spank from and the $Warp to the spank scene. Generally any scene that has a "+Stuff" at the end of the ID would take a warp to use directly.

------

You can $EndScene" if you want to conclude the scene but otherwise when your plan runs out is when the player will be given navigation to do what they want. So you can do the entire thing and kick them out, or plan it partway to set the tone then give control back to the player.

---

In the future I'll add $Tag also which lets you just say a general scene type and it will randomly pick.

Congratulations! It's truly well-deserved.

Enderal came close. In any other month, it could have won, but it launched in the same month as OSA ...

Hope this draws in more developers to create more modules or create content that utilises OSA, like Amorous Adventures and Morra's Poses.