OSA | Skyrim Ascendancy Engine

i would love to test it, is there only two poses as a 'demonostration'/pre-release?

For a full module I posted OSex 1.084 also which you can try.

DemoModule is mostly for developers to see the basics of getting things working, OSex uses all the features possible so it's xml looks more intimidating, i wanted to show the minimal as a starting point to see if I can get people to try to make a module. Demo Module also as a pre/release example in case someone interested doesn't want to install sex animations.

Right, so I'll need 1.084 OSex first and then install OSA over it?

It won't matter really which one first since they don't overwrite each other but technically it would be OSA first. OSA is the Nintendo, OSex is a cartridge for it. Make sure you run FNIS after they are both installed and activate the OSA.esm.

Hi CFU,

Yes you'll need to uninstall OSex\OSA.esm entirely and you will most likely will need a clean save, however version 1.084 onward has a much better versioning system in place so I don't think you will need another clean save again unless something realy major happens. 1.084 OSA and OSex will not try to overwrite each other, so nothing like that should be coming up if everything from the past is uninstalled.

The start key for OSex is bound by the player now in the main menu > Library of OSA. You'll have to have 1.084 OSex installed for it to show up, which I'll have up in a few minutes.

Right, so I'll need 1.084 OSex first and then install OSA over it?

Other way around. OSA is the framework that everything else is built upon. OSex is a module that runs off of OSA. They don't overwrite each other.

Think of OSA as the foundation on a house. Osex is the walls. You need the foundation before you can build the walls on top of it.

EDIT: Opps CEO beat me to it.

Interesting animation, but I did not understand anything ...

How do I get partners love each other?

OSA is an engine to give tools to animators to get their animations into Skyrim and make them do more then Skyrim natively allows. Examples of something are UI Navigation of scenes, seamless animation connections, face expression/modifier/phoneme control, clothing detection, spell visuals, unique personalities for actors, automatic api, automatic bind to key, full control of timing beyond what annotations can do, stuff like that. The engine runs in the UI's actionscript so it doesn't slow down the game / clog papyrus, it reads xml formatted text documents so it can take a lot of customization / easy to make.

OSex is my animation module for OSA. If you install OSA > Install OSex you can bind OSex to a key using OSA and start a scene whenever you want.

I removed the old version, installed the new one with OSA and OSex, started a new save and I keep getting "OSA installation error, could not boot OSA UI... see the OSA troubleshooting FAQ. Code: UIconlflict01". I disabled all the mods that could possibly conflict with the OSA ui but still I keep getting the error message and I can't find the troubleshooting faq anywhere.

CEO, this framework is absolutely amazing. I tried the demo mod, demo animations, and the SexOS module. It worked like a charm. 

I only had one question: when you begin playing a module, how do you stop that module? I had to force quit out because I couldn't get out of the scenes.

I removed the old version, installed the new one with OSA and OSex, started a new save and I keep getting "OSA installation error, could not boot OSA UI... see the OSA troubleshooting FAQ. Code: UIconlflict01". I disabled all the mods that could possibly conflict with the OSA ui but still I keep getting the error message and I can't find the troubleshooting faq anywhere.

Hi Eio,

That means you have a mod that has certain files that mess up Skyrim UI installed. I'll post that section of the FAQ here since I haven't posted it anywhere officially yet:

--------------------------------------------

There are some detrimental UI files that mods in the past have used which make Skyrim's UI unable to find files (They changed the relative directory from what vanilla uses). For a lot of UI mods this doesn't matter since they are not using the directory to find files. OSA however does this need connected properly.

If you are having this error it means you have one of the following 2 files which are known to mess up how the UI works: hud_menu.gfx or hud_menu.swf. You will have to find and remove these from your Skyrim Install to have OSA work/

They will be located in your data/interface folder in Skyrim. It's possible that even if you removed these UI mods that they are still present in that folder:

If you do not see those files in your data/interface folder then those files might also be being used by a currently active mod that has them hidden in a BSA. A BSA is a way of packing mods where the files are compressed and opened only by Skyrim when you turn it on without actually placing files in directories.

To stop this you will have to disable mods by playing hot and cold (mainly one's you suspect are UI related) until OSA is able to start properly. SKYUI is always fine and you don't have to worry about turning that one off.

The known culprits so far are:

-Less Intrusive Hud II

-Scope Bows

-Colorful Map Markers

-SIM - Skyrim Interface Makeover for SkyUI

CEO, this framework is absolutely amazing. I tried the demo mod, demo animations, and the SexOS module. It worked like a charm. 

I only had one question: when you begin playing a module, how do you stop that module? I had to force quit out because I couldn't get out of the scenes.

Hi Payes. It's  num . (period)  by default. You can rebind it in the main menu it's called the "END" key.

I installed the OSA framework, and the OSX module, activated the esm file, and ran FNIS but...it doesn't show up in the game, I tried the SKI_configmanagerintance 1 command line too, and it won't show up after several tries of restarting the game as well, also, I am using Immersive UI, would that mod be conflicting with the OSA framework?

Also..the game CTDs several times on load (only happens after installing the OSA framework)...takes about 3-4 loads to finnaly get my save, checking the papyrus log, only thing that shows up is this line: "warning: Property OKEY on script _oControl attached to 0SAControl (0C00607D) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property"

I installed the OSA framework, and the OSX module, activated the esm file, and ran FNIS but...it doesn't show up in the game, I tried the SKI_configmanagerintance 1 command line too, and it won't show up after several tries of restarting the game as well, also, I am using Immersive UI, would that mod be conflicting with the OSA framework?

If you are having a UI conflict from another mod I've made a big warning box pop up for a few seconds so if you aren't seeing this then most likely that isn't the case.

To confirm, if you press "numpad enter"  nothing happens?

Hi Payes. It's  num . (period)  by default. You can rebind it in the main menu it's called the "END" key.

Haha, its so simple. Sorry user error. 

In any case, I am jumping over to Patreon and donating. Thank you for all of the hard work and the great support! Excited to see what people do with this framework. 

If you are having a UI conflict from another mod I've made a big warning box pop up for a few seconds so if you aren't seeing this then most likely that isn't the case.

To confirm, if you press "numpad enter"  nothing happens?

Actually..yes, it does work, I thought the mod was supposed to show up in the MCM menu...Alright, im gonna give it a spin see how it works.

Another thing that annoys me...is that the load will crash several times...this time it took me about 8 tries until I could enter the save :\ papyrus log always shows this : "warning: Property OKEY on script _oControl attached to 0SAControl (0C00607D) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property"

Edit: If you get pass the ctds, the framework, works very well, the animations are smooth and very well done, there are a few icons missing from the OSA framework, but aside than that, all is fine, nice work indeed.

Can't figure out now how to make use of the ctrl shift alt modifiers, as far as I've seen, there are 2 ways to navigate the scenes, by using the left menu or right menu....

Edit 2: I have to admit, the animations are beautiful, I've never seen animations working like this before, it's amazing, this Framework right here, is the future, there's a lot of work to be done here.

Keep up the good work!

Few things people should be aware of:

1. Forget about MCM from 1.06, key binding from 1.06, key modifiers from 1.06, esp from 1.06...

This is completely different mod: different name, different key binding and UI controls, different functionality, different esm... You do not overwrite old version, you completely replace it and read the instructions provided.

2. This mod is a framework that works with a lot of animations.
Having lots of animations in combination with some other scripted mods that do things on load affects system performance.
If you are getting CTD on load then usual safe way to load your game without getting CTD is to use console to coc somewhere (example: coc riverwood) and after that load the save you want.

3. Latest version lets you play NPC on NPC scenes. Before you start them make sure that both NPCs are in the same cell. There could be some issues if one leaves the cell. CEO is working on a fix.

4. Things related to OSA post in this topic. Things related to Osex post in Osex topic.

I'm speechless

Playing with it right now with the UI since i had 1.06

The things that this can do O_____________o

Props CEO

Didn't see any major bugs except for weird alignment issues when you start animations

Also having issues with SOS right now. Seems the dong is too big for some reason. I use the full version of SOS and I can change the schlong freely to any sizes through racemenu(add-on that they added) and can change to the 3 styles (regular,muscular, normal)

Is there any way that the schlong i have can be used instead of the one that is used when u start doing OSEX stuff?

Open the main menu, go to config > general config. In the middle is Purity Mode (Icon has an angel on it), it's on by default so you have to turn it off. It disables OSA from displaying information and config related to adult themes. Back out of the panel and open it again to have purity mode apply. You'll see "Gentleman's Scaling" disable that and OSA can no longer manipulate the scale of male anatomy.

The scenes are designed for perfect alignment around the set scale however so if it's turned off BJ, HJ, and some sex scenes will be out of whack without aligning the anatomy up yourself.

I have a menu appears, but how to get the actors to play the animation I do not understand.

I have to choose somehow the two actors, or what? For example I press N_ENTER, there exits a menu, how do I set my two companions  I want to look at them/

I have a menu appears, but how to get the actors to play the animation I do not understand.

I have to choose somehow the two actors, or what? For example I press N_ENTER, there exits a menu, how do I set my two companions  I want to look at them/

That is an option, but you don't have to select NPCs for it to work.

First, press num-enter and use the menu to start OSex.

Second, use the menu to bind OSex to a key.  If you bind it to num-0, it will be like previous 1.08 versions.

Point your crosshairs at an NPC and press the key you bound.

HI was tryng to install OSA lastest version  with NMM then the mod ask my to overwrite some pex files related papyrus included in my version of sexlab 1.61b, the two mods risk to end in conflict ? i dont know what can happend so i have stopped istallation for now

Very nice work!

I suppose you don't create character sheets for every npc in Skyrim + Mods? Since they are just plain text files, it could be useful to put those in a git repository and crowdsource the creation of those?

Hi Eio,

That means you have a mod that has certain files that mess up Skyrim UI installed. I'll post that section of the FAQ here since I haven't posted it anywhere officially yet:

--------------------------------------------

There are some detrimental UI files that mods in the past have used which make Skyrim's UI unable to find files (They changed the relative directory from what vanilla uses). For a lot of UI mods this doesn't matter since they are not using the directory to find files. OSA however does this need connected properly.

If you are having this error it means you have one of the following 2 files which are known to mess up how the UI works: hud_menu.gfx or hud_menu.swf. You will have to find and remove these from your Skyrim Install to have OSA work/

They will be located in your data/interface folder in Skyrim. It's possible that even if you removed these UI mods that they are still present in that folder:

If you do not see those files in your data/interface folder then those files might also be being used by a currently active mod that has them hidden in a BSA. A BSA is a way of packing mods where the files are compressed and opened only by Skyrim when you turn it on without actually placing files in directories.

To stop this you will have to disable mods by playing hot and cold (mainly one's you suspect are UI related) until OSA is able to start properly. SKYUI is always fine and you don't have to worry about turning that one off.

The known culprits so far are:

-Less Intrusive Hud II

-Scope Bows

-Colorful Map Markers

-SIM - Skyrim Interface Makeover for SkyUI

Hi CEO 0S,

first of all... big thanks to you and your team for creating such a great piece of work, for all of us still modding skyrim ;)

we really appreciate it ;)

I saw, that "Less Intrusive Hud II" has a problem with your OSA Engine and just want to ask you, if you plan on or if it's even possible to make them compatible.

I think a lot of "StillSkyrimPlayers" are using this mod, because it provides best hud-modification out there.