OSA | Skyrim Ascendancy Engine

when I boot the game up with both osex and osa active it says the ui couldn't boot up and gives me the code UIConflict01. Anyone know what that means?

You have some UI conflict. Immersive hud 2 mod is most common problem.

If you dont have that one try to search for a file hudmenu.swf. See what mod is providing it and delete it.

thanks for the info turned out the scoped bows mod was the cause not sure it had to do with being the ranger edition or not but now the ui loads proper with it gone.

Firstly, this mod is amazing - probably the best thing I've seen in Skyrim to date.

Secondly, any chance of compatibility with Less Intrusive HUD at some point? That mod is another godsend, but I guess if I had to choose I'd choose this one :/

maybe i am lost or something i am just really bad at googling but, where can i download the wizard sex , and bad boys of skyrim alpha versions?

or any other plugin available, it says its on alpha on the mod but i cant find it to download anywhere

These are not yet available.

Thank you for your amazing mod. It does a marvelous job by bringing a whole new level of immersion to my game.
I already made a few modules to test some things out and it works splendidly. But I need a few clarification about some features that I want to understand how to use them properly.
I'd like to know more about this:

<region om="A" maj="D" min="D" stage="" step="" story=""/>

and this:

<speed a="0" min="0" max="4" name="thrusts">
<menu ub="OT_SyPlus01_BKWH" uo="OT_SyPlus01_BEWH" ux="" ut="thrustFaster" db="OT_SyMinus01_BKWH" do="OT_SyMinus01_BEWH" dx="" dt="thrustSlower"/>
<sp mtx="idle" tar="1" type="">
<anim id="0Sx0D_Sx-LeitoLesbianDildo1_S1" t="L" l="2" i0="0" i1="0">
<ae evty="sexThrustR" whodid="0" tar="1" ori="pussy" thrust="cock" sound="assimpact" soundpow="0" imp="ass" impside="R" impforce="2" impdmg=".01" thrustforce="2" oridmg=".01" oriopen=".01"/>
</anim>
</speed>

In this particular example I use one of Leito's Lesbian Animation with an Animated Object. I want to know if the sound of ass impact can be produced from both characters at the same time.

Thanks in advance.

how do i install? iv downloaded 1.8 and iv added to mod manager and activated it. i have no mod config menu. and when i press 0 nothing happens. please help

I noticed that when the player (possibly NPCs as well) engages in an OSA scene, he/she is marked as sitting, affecting Actor.GetSitState()  (Asked about this in the 0Sex thread but have confirmed it since)

I have a mod that sometimes does stuff when the player or certain NPCs are sitting, and this behaviour from OSA interferes with that.  Is it possible to check (in papyrus) if an Actor is engaged in an OSA scene?  Then I can simply add a check for that.

how did u install it?

Thank you for your amazing mod. It does a marvelous job by bringing a whole new level of immersion to my game.

I already made a few modules to test some things out and it works splendidly. But I need a few clarification about some features that I want to understand how to use them properly.

I'd like to know more about this:

and this:

<menu ub="OT_SyPlus01_BKWH" uo="OT_SyPlus01_BEWH" ux="" ut="thrustFaster" db="OT_SyMinus01_BKWH" do="OT_SyMinus01_BEWH" dx="" dt="thrustSlower"/>
<ae evty="sexThrustR" whodid="0" tar="1" ori="pussy" thrust="cock" sound="assimpact" soundpow="0" imp="ass" impside="R" impforce="2" impdmg=".01" thrustforce="2" oridmg=".01" oriopen=".01"/>
</anim>
</speed>

In this particular example I use one of Leito's Lesbian Animation with an Animated Object. I want to know if the sound of ass impact can be produced from both characters at the same time.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Morra,

Very glad you are working on making some stuff and I hope you share it eventually!

This is related to Autonavigation where the actors can move themselves from one position to any other position. It's the hardest thing in OSA, it's nature of the beast to have effects like that. Some of them are not used yet / I haven't figured out how to implement yet but the way it works is like this:

You'll see at the bottom scenes also have: 

<autonav>
<hub b="0MF|Cy6!DOy6|Sx|DoggyLiSxHT+01Po"/>
<fam Cy6DDy6="0MF|Cy6!DOy6|Sx|DoggyLiSxHT+01Bo45" Cy6DEy6="0MF|Cy6!DOy6|Sx|DoggyLiSxHT+01Bo45"/>
</autonav>

This ties into region at the top. When autonav is engaged it looks at these things in order of priority to decide where to go next. First it checks the "MAJ" of the scene to see if the scene you are in is classified as the same "MAJ" as the destination. If they both have the same MAJ then it will check the MIN, if they both have the same MIN then it goes down to the next step where it checks Family, Orientation, and then the scene itself.

The tricky thing now is that family, orientation and the scene are all embeded in the scene ID at the moment but I'd like to put them all into the <region> block shortly in the future. As it is now if you wanted to change AUTONAV around you'd have to rename your scenes which is a lot of work, if it's all in the region you'd have to only change the XML so I will make it do this in the future.

I hope this makes sense, it is the hardest part about OSA to set up.

In the case of 0MF|Cy6!DOy6|Sx|DoggyLiSxHT      Cy6!DOy6 is the family   and Sx is the orientation  DoggyLiSxHT is the scene

You'll see in the <autonav> i posted that I use <hub b="">. This is used if autonav can't make a match, it's purpose is to not have to type out endless XML by only putting in the navigations that need to be specified

If this scene's Maj = D   and the destination = A then it would look for  <maj A="transition towards the scene the user wants to be at">

since <maj> isn't there it will just use what is in hub b=""
I did have to specify scenes in the same family however, while hub b= pointed to everything else in OSex.

<fam Cy6DDy6="0MF|Cy6!DOy6|Sx|DoggyLiSxHT+01Bo45" Cy6DEy6="0MF|Cy6!DOy6|Sx|DoggyLiSxHT+01Bo45"/>

Otherwise it would need a <maj> to every maj you use  <min> to every min you use  <family> to every family <orientation> to every orientation. Would be a ton of xml. This way only the steps that needs specification have to be filled in.

As a note maj and min can be called whatever you want, they are just tiers to divide up your module. If I didn't use maj and min OSex's autonav XML would be huge requiring each scene to have a pointer to every other scene in OSex each. It's a way of splitting up the amount of data of the scenes for autonav to take on one chunk at a time.

I can talk about this more if it's not clear and sorry that I'm confusing here, autonav is crazy

Autonav is a bit of a WIP and it does it some issues currently that need a solution. Some scenes become stranded like an island kind of and can't really be autonaved too, if you have 2 families but one family let's you go to another family one way (just dips into the other family for a scene or two ) then it can't be connected up reliably. I'm working on a solution to this.

This is why I recommend grouping  the <family> by how the actors are positions in context to each other: the things I do like: Cy6!DOy6 are my notation for how the actors are arranged since it makes from autonavigation perspective to give easier access to close by scenes. Those are more likely to get a transition to each other.

</anim>

</speed>

I haven't got around to adding in more then 1 animation event but it's a quick fix. I'll do that for the next version. The way it works is that the animation events are numbered 0S0 0S1 0S2 0S3 etc. they will match up with the order they are stacked in the xml

<ae evty="sexThrustR" whodid="0" tar="1" ori="pussy" thrust="cock" sound="assimpact" soundpow="0" imp="ass" impside="R" impforce="2" impdmg=".01" thrustforce="2" oridmg=".01" oriopen=".01"/> <--- this one is for 0S0

<ae evty="sexThrustR" whodid="1" tar="0" ori="pussy" thrust="cock" sound="assimpact" soundpow="0" imp="ass" impside="R" impforce="2" impdmg=".01" thrustforce="2" oridmg=".01" oriopen=".01"/> <--- this one would be for 0S1

it would look something like this. You'd put in the animation events as 0S0 for one actor and 0S1 for the other actor in the fnis text document.

I'll have this working in the next version. If you want it now you can recompile the actra script around line 120:

Function registerAE()
RegisterForAnimationEvent(Actra, "0S0")
endFunction

to something like this:

Function registerAE()
RegisterForAnimationEvent(Actra, "0S0")
RegisterForAnimationEvent(Actra, "0S1")
RegisterForAnimationEvent(Actra, "0S2")
RegisterForAnimationEvent(Actra, "0S3")
endFunction

Hopefully that helps please let me know anything else you need to know. You're on the more complex stuff that OSA has so it seems like you must be doing really good, thanks for giving this a go!

I noticed that when the player (possibly NPCs as well) engages in an OSA scene, he/she is marked as sitting, affecting Actor.GetSitState()  (Asked about this in the 0Sex thread but have confirmed it since)

I have a mod that sometimes does stuff when the player or certain NPCs are sitting, and this behaviour from OSA interferes with that.  Is it possible to check (in papyrus) if an Actor is engaged in an OSA scene?  Then I can simply add a check for that.

Hi Musie,

I'm not sure what is causing them to be processed as sitting but I've experienced the same thing. I'm assuming it's setVehicle()

A lot of it is actionscript side so it's a little hard to figure out sometimes what exactly OSA is up to from papyrus but I use a faction to prevent starting multiple OSex scenes on the same actor, and also a faction to record the stageID they are in if they are in a stage.

Either one should work and they are in my OFaction property in the 0SA quest (_oOmni script) so you can do these to get the faction to check if the actor is in it:

Faction OSABusyFaction = Quest.GetQuest("0SA").OFaction[0] or

Faction OSAStageID = Quest.GetQuest("0SA").OFaction[1]

Something like this then:

if actra.GetFactionRank(Quest.GetQuest("0SA").OFaction[0]) != 1

If you need a different approach or other information papyrus side from OSA I can see what I can do to make it happen.

A lot of it is actionscript side so it's a little hard to figure out sometimes what exactly OSA is up to from papyrus but I use a faction to prevent starting multiple OSex scenes on the same actor, and also a faction to record the stageID they are in if they are in a stage.

Factions are perfect, thanks :) I will give it a go later, and see if the result is satisfactory

Just wanna say, great job! And not just the animations of course, but the whole thing.

I only had a slight problem at the start, finding my way around the menu, but now i think it's just the matter of getting used to it.

Tried it just very briefly, so i can't say much about reliability, but it seemed solid, except for one glitch:

The characters got stuck in various pose changing or interacting animations, repeating the initial pose changing anim for some time, then suddenly switched to some interaction anim and did few loops there, then back to pose switching, and so on.

It was ok though, after i cancelled the whole thing, and started again.

...i think maybe i caused it by switching actions too quickly on the right menu (roulette/navigation, not sure which now), because the missing images confused me into thinking maybe its not implemented yet, but i tried those options anyway, and because sometimes it takes a moment until you get some visual cue that whatever you "clicked" is actually doing something, i impatiently switched to next one and then next one...

Regarding the menus, i dont know if its intentional, but when i got the characters into some over knee pose, with the option to slap the ass - after each slap, the left menu everytime automatically returns to the default, and you have to use -> again to switch to slap options every time to be able to use it few times in a row for example.

So, maybe the menu shouldn't revert back after using that option, i think it should be up to the player.

Anyway, great job, i am super impressed.

how do i install? iv downloaded 1.8 and iv added to mod manager and activated it. i have no mod config menu. and when i press 0 nothing happens. please help

how did u install it?

post-733813-0-80149600-1468942607_thumb.jpg

Either one should work and they are in my OFaction property in the 0SA quest (_oOmni script) so you can do these to get the faction to check if the actor is in it:

A simple faction membership check works beautifully :)

Something like this then:

if actra.GetFactionRank(Quest.GetQuest("0SA").OFaction[0]) != 1

If you need a different approach or other information papyrus side from OSA I can see what I can do to make it happen.

A simple suggestion if i may:

IF i understand correctly that you are using factions to identify/determine a stageID, and there can be N stages, thusly you are probably using N factions, i think it could be simplified a bit by using faction rank for that.

I am using factions for similar things, for example, instead of having N factions like FctTravel0-N, i have just one faction with N ranks and all i do is just actor.SetFactionRank(FctTravel, N).

Or when actors are being animated, i use FctAnimating and rank determines the animation stage.

Makes things a bit neater and cleaner in my case, maybe it could be usefull for you too.

Sorry if it's obvious, or you are doing it already, or it's not applicable in your case, i am not trying to be a smartass.

This mod is really amazing, I can notice the effort, time and dedication that you have used in creating it, I appreciate it so much.

I hope when the option of orgasm came out, after the orgasms the player and npc auto-redress and get out from osex menu, two details that will make most awesome of which already is. I miss the blush in sex.

I hope you continue having health and time to reach the goal you have in mind

Thank you Rog for chiming in an the help and interest. It is doing that but I use two, (I had to split them for some small reasons.) OFaction[0] is a faction that functions as a isActorInOSAscene so their status can be detected by papyrus. OFaction[1] is the stage ID faction, their rank in the faction is set to the stage ID, to allow stages to be access from papyrus  by getting the number and also to relay that information into spell scripts. It's a ticking number that goes up 1 per scene OSA makes and resets at 50.

10 - 50 are reserved for HotKey usage, 50-99 are reserved for the API to trigger scenes.

Hopefully that helps please let me know anything else you need to know. You're on the more complex stuff that OSA has so it seems like you must be doing really good, thanks for giving this a go!

It worked as you said it would. It was just a bit frustrating not to find all the source files for compilation in SkyUI SDK as they should be, but instead buried somewhere in the git repository.

The AUTONAV feature is actually a very clever system and the PositionKey is very helpful to understand it.

My next question will be about cross modules scene compatibility. Can I use a scene that is already defined in one module within another one? Or I need to recreate the scene in my module to make it work?

It worked as you said it would. It was just a bit frustrating not to find all the source files for compilation in SkyUI SDK as they should be, but instead buried somewhere in the git repository.

The AUTONAV feature is actually a very clever system and the PositionKey is very helpful to understand it.

My next question will be about cross modules scene compatibility. Can I use a scene that is already defined in one module within another one? Or I need to recreate the scene in my module to make it work?

Thanks Morra, 

The thing about Autonav is that right now it's reading family + orientation from the sceneID itself which isn't ideal. I've had to make some changes in OSex to the navigation and it results in so much renaming since that data is tied in to the name of the scene itself. It could just as easily go into <region>. That would take a little more data per scene but would give more flexible control over navigation. I'll be making this adjustment soon.

In terms of swapping modules it's very close to be doing that, I made the steps in the code as I went to make it possible but haven't hooked it up yet. I'll see about adding it in the next one, there's some commands you can do in place of dest="sceneID"  like dest="!SceneEnd'. It will be a command here allowing you to switch to other modules. The reason I feel it needs another step like this is that modules swapping would require some stuff from the module.xml to be run like scaling adjustments etc. and some checks on things around the change like making sure the actor count is the same in both modules and what to do if it's not.

i am pretty interested in incorporating this into Untamed 2, which i am building to provide more of a relationship between the player and their beasties. is there a technical quick start or do i expect to dig through the source to try and piece together what does what? haven't been following the past 14 pages, just now considering coming back to skyrim for a bit.

i am pretty interested in incorporating this into Untamed 2, which i am building to provide more of a relationship between the player and their beasties. is there a technical quick start or do i expect to dig through the source to try and piece together what does what? haven't been following the past 14 pages, just now considering coming back to skyrim for a bit.

Since there are no creature modules created yet you would probably have to create one first, you have OSA Demo for example on how to setup simple module.

As for scripting and API functions i don't think CEO has any documentation on that yet so it might be best to pm him. I think he and FoxFingers talked about it mostly in pm's but im sure he will also answer to any question you have here.