Beelzebabe

Getting "member_profile_disabled" when trying to upload a profile picture? :/

So this has become a 'dumping ground' for meaningless posts in order to increase post count to enable new members' ability to create an Avatar - interesting. I would have just posted somewhere normally to engage other members. I guess if one has nothing of value to say and really wants a pretty picture right now - this works! (In MMO's we call this 'grinding'  :) )

BTW - ALL posts will be updated with an avatar once created....

4 hours ago, Rangotango said:

I understand that bots might post links and spam etc but what damage could avatars do?

You have completely missed the point. All members need a certain amount of 'posts' before the account unlocks certain features - in this case - custom avatars. Instead of just posting 'normally' in areas of interest - sharing information or opinions/asking questions/etc., many have chosen to use this post to make meaningless replies just for the sake of increasing their post count (so they can get to make a custom avatar/signature). I find this odd, somewhat immature (gotta get a certain social look before being 'seen') and technically - a waste of memory. The whole thing I myself found 'interesting' as I kept seeing all these new posts - yet nothing of value was found within.

Who said anything about damage besides yourself? Hmmm? Who said anything about Bots? Or Spam? Why did you even bother quoting me? I have many posts in other areas of interest - quote me there so we can engage in some form of useful discourse about the relevant subject matter. BTW - welcome to LoversLab - congratz on getting your Avatar so 'quickly'.

20 minutes ago, landess said:

Why did you even bother quoting me? I have many posts in other areas of interest - quote me there so we can engage in some form of useful discourse about the relevant subject matter. 

Pick me coach.........over here...........I want to be yelled at next!  😁