Now Nocturnal comes when I shout, but after the fight ends she just runs off.

That's normal, depending on your MCM settings.

I'm guessing you've completed the first scene with Nocturnal before this, and she's equipped you with devices. Yes?

If yes, and if you have the "Nocturnal Every Shout Mode" ON in the MCM menu, then using settings you have, on each shout you will get one of two things:

1. she's going to appear and help fight, then leave
  2. she's going to appear, help fight, then one of the 3 types of encounters begins

Just started tryin this out (love the concept!)

Issues I've run into;

When nocturnal shows up and puts the character in the cage, she inserts the key and then nothing else happens. If you use "unstuck" it releases you from the cage, and when you talk to her you just get the "did you just put a key in my ass?!" question and response over and over. 
I used the "jump to end function" after that happened.  I tried shouting and everthing goes well except for if Nocturnal does a whipping scene, then she seems to just get stuck in the whipping pose. I tried dismissing her (unstuck) and then shouting again, but every time after that she shows up and attacks the character with a dagger. 

Issues I've run into;

When nocturnal shows up and puts the character in the cage, she inserts the key and then nothing else happens. If you use "unstuck" it releases you from the cage, and when you talk to her you just get the "did you just put a key in my ass?!" question and response over and over. 

I used the "jump to end function" after that happened.  I tried shouting and everthing goes well except for if Nocturnal does a whipping scene, then she seems to just get stuck in the whipping pose. I tried dismissing her (unstuck) and then shouting again, but every time after that she shows up and attacks the character with a dagger. 

Seems like any scene for you is getting stuck. The unstuck button is not going to fix that, only let you get control of your character back. Scenes getting stuck can be influences outside this mod, but still if you don't mind spending more time on this, I'd like to understand better in case I can improve compatibility etc. or be able to help others.

Have you maybe upgraded this mod, but not done a clean save? That would cause all sorts of odd things. How to clean save is in my Installing section. I've seen people think they are clean saving but not, if they don't follow that.

Next thing to consider is if all requirements are met, for example FNIS is a requirement of dependant mods, and it can go badly if not the latest 6.3, or with the addon if using the prior version.

Also to help eliminate source of trouble, would be good to know if you have tried when starting a brand new game. That would rule out the possibility of a bad save game.

And finally, for me to help best, in addition to the questions above, would love to see your papyrus log if you know how to provide one. How to for that in FAQ.

Issues I've run into;

Seems like any scene for you is getting stuck. The unstuck button is not going to fix that, only let you get control of your character back. Scenes getting stuck can be influences outside this mod, but still if you don't mind spending more time on this, I'd like to understand better in case I can improve compatibility etc. or be able to help others.

Have you maybe upgraded this mod, but not done a clean save? That would cause all sorts of odd things. How to clean save is in my Installing section. I've seen people think they are clean saving but not, if they don't follow that.

Next thing to consider is if all requirements are met, for example FNIS is a requirement of dependant mods, and it can go badly if not the latest 6.3, or with the addon if using the prior version.

Also to help eliminate source of trouble, would be good to know if you have tried when starting a brand new game. That would rule out the possibility of a bad save game.

And finally, for me to help best, in addition to the questions above, would love to see your papyrus log if you know how to provide one. How to for that in FAQ.

Hi, I started a new game with the most recent version of this mod. If what you're saying is the case then that means I must have some sort of conflict going on. Do you want me to provide a list of mods I'm using at present? I'll get a papyrus for you.

http://pastebin.com/5NY4ES0q

Here's the pastebin as requested.

I'm using zaz animation patch and zaz animation 6.11.

I recreated the event where nocturnal first shows up and she stops after the key insertion. I then did a release from MCM and spoke to her and got the repeating dialogue as mentioned.

I shut down cursed loot functions just before all this started just in case there was an issue there but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

edit: The "pleasure yourself" and "tease" function works fine. It's just the whipping and the storyline options hat stall. I advanced to the shrine where you worship and nocturnal appears and the same thing happens.

I'm guessing that whatever calls you to enter into bondage poses is having some sort of issue that halts the scene. 

I recreated the event where nocturnal first shows up and she stops after the key insertion. I then did a release from MCM and spoke to her and got the repeating dialogue as mentioned.

I shut down cursed loot functions just before all this started just in case there was an issue there but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

edit: The "pleasure yourself" and "tease" function works fine. It's just the whipping and the storyline options hat stall. I advanced to the shrine where you worship and nocturnal appears and the same thing happens.

I'm guessing that whatever calls you to enter into bondage poses is having some sort of issue that halts the scene. 

Yes all of your stated problem points involve use of zaz animation pack... the scenes with whipping and furniture. That said, even pleasure thyself and tease will chain you first and that's Zaz too. So it's not a total fail of Zaz calls.

For Zaz animation pack, are you sure you first installed 6.1, then installed 6.11 patch ON TOP of it, saying yes replace any files. If you are not sure, it would be worth uninstalling those two, and re-doing that. I've made the mistake of doing those two in the wrong order.

Also I recommend getting the very new FNIS 6.3, install it, and rebuild it after doing Zaz above. Prior to 6.3, FNIS needed an addon that you could be missing.

The only errors I see in the log, but seems unrelated, is lots of errors with Estrus. It's worth trying with that mod disabled.

Yes all of your stated problem points involve use of zaz animation pack... the scenes with whipping and furniture. That said, even pleasure thyself and tease will chain you first and that's Zaz too. So it's not a total fail of Zaz calls.

For Zaz animation pack, are you sure you first installed 6.1, then installed 6.11 patch ON TOP of it, saying yes replace any files. If you are not sure, it would be worth uninstalling those two, and re-doing that. I've made the mistake of doing those two in the wrong order.

Also I recommend getting the very new FNIS 6.3, install it, and rebuild it after doing Zaz above. Prior to 6.3, FNIS needed an addon that you could be missing.

The only errors I see in the log, but seems unrelated, is lots of errors with Estrus. It's worth trying with that mod disabled.

I upgraded FNIS and reinstalled Zaz. That seemed to fix it. 

I'm not sure why Estrus throws all those errors, it seems to work fine. I guess I'll check for an update or remove it. 

The only issue I had in the first meeting with nocturnal is the chastity piercing and the nipple guards didn't equip. I equipped them using add item menu, the seem to work fine, the mod just didn't equip them.

Thanks!

I'm guessing you've completed the first scene with Nocturnal before this, and she's equipped you with devices. Yes?

If yes, and if you have the "Nocturnal Every Shout Mode" ON in the MCM menu, then using settings you have, on each shout you will get one of two things:

2. she's going to appear, help fight, then one of the 3 types of encounters begins

No, actually the first scene hasn't occurred yet. I can trigger devices equipping using the skip intro function, but that seems a shame as I don't get to see the first scene!

No, actually the first scene hasn't occurred yet. I can trigger devices equipping using the skip intro function, but that seems a shame as I don't get to see the first scene!

If we go back to your problem with the MCM menu, the fact that "setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1" fixed it indicates that most likely you did not successfully clean save. Instructions on clean save are in my Installation & Upgrading section.

Now that you've used the "skip first meeting option", that first scene is never going to occur.

I'd recommend that you uninstall. Check carefully that you have all the requirements. Do the clean save. Then start from the start without the skip option. Here's what you should expect as normal:

Normal behavior to expect (first time loading game with mod installed) is:

1. Shout anywhere (any shout will work)
  2. Change locations - example: fast travel to Whiterun if you were not already there
  3. Maiden shows up (similar to the regular courier) - quest starts (might need to travel to a 2nd city before the maiden shows up)
  4. Read the letter - quest progresses
  5. Now first time you shout anywhere, the quest is going proceed with a scene starting

Nice mod, two things I'd like to request if possible.

After the initial shrine visit when the rebirthing begins if you hadn't done the Barbaras quest you are forced to play out the current end scene which causes issues with the Vile dialog with both vile and nocturnal trying to out do one another and keep the character's interest.

Second is can you do away with the visual effect when the skeleton key plug is in?

After the initial shrine visit when the rebirthing begins if you hadn't done the Barbaras quest you are forced to play out the current end scene which causes issues with the Vile dialog with both vile and nocturnal trying to out do one another and keep the character's interest.

Second is can you do away with the visual effect when the skeleton key plug is in?

Oh good point. For the Shrine, I had not thought of what would happen if that quest is active. I'm assuming you had the quest? I've not seen this but I've never tried when the quest started.

For the skeleton key, I could have two versions, with an MCM option to choose. I'll add to my to do list as a possibility.

Is there a specific reason you don't like the visual effect? I ask because maybe a solution is to change it up a bit instead.

Oh good point. For the Shrine, I had not thought of what would happen if that quest is active. I'm assuming you had the quest? I've not seen this but I've never tried when the quest started.

For the skeleton key, I could have two versions, with an MCM option to choose. I'll add to my to do list as a possibility.

Is there a specific reason you don't like the visual effect? I ask because maybe a solution is to change it up a bit instead.

Being able to turn off the visual effect would be nice. It does some peculiar things with some of the face overlays. 

Yeah, I had started a new game and did the shout quest first, was playing along and got the other quest and every time I had to visit the shrine Nocturnal didn't want me talking to Clavicus...

On the effect, the honest reason is because my eyes aren't the greatest and the effect was causing me problems.

If we go back to your problem with the MCM menu, the fact that "setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1" fixed it indicates that most likely you did not successfully clean save. Instructions on clean save are in my Installation & Upgrading section.

Now that you've used the "skip first meeting option", that first scene is never going to occur.

I'd recommend that you uninstall. Check carefully that you have all the requirements. Do the clean save. Then start from the start without the skip option. Here's what you should expect as normal:

2. Change locations - example: fast travel to Whiterun if you were not already there
  3. Maiden shows up (similar to the regular courier) - quest starts (might need to travel to a 2nd city before the maiden shows up)
  5. Now first time you shout anywhere, the quest is going proceed with a scene starting

I've tried a clean save as instructed, again. This time the menu works without prodding, but Nocturnal still runs away instead of starting the first scene when I shout (after the maiden delivers the letter).

I've tried a clean save as instructed, again. This time the menu works without prodding, but Nocturnal still runs away instead of starting the first scene when I shout (after the maiden delivers the letter).

Most likely you have a problem with Zaz Animations setup:

- installed latest version along with the patch?

- used FNIS to re-generate?

- registered Zaz in game using it's MCM menu?

Most likely you have a problem with Zaz Animations setup:

- installed latest version along with the patch?

- used FNIS to re-generate?

- registered Zaz in game using it's MCM menu?

I'd already done all those things, but on looking at the file conflicts in Mod Organizer, it seemed like a likely suspect might be the mod Devious Magic. Turns out I was correct- disabling DeviousMagic.esp allowed the scene to start as expected. Thanks for your patience! :)

I'd already done all those things, but on looking at the file conflicts in Mod Organizer, it seemed like a likely suspect might be the mod Devious Magic. Turns out I was correct- disabling DeviousMagic.esp allowed the scene to start as expected. Thanks for your patience! :)

I'll have to check out Devious Magic to see if there's incompatibility, and if so maybe can fix that. Thanks for finding and reporting that. Did Mod Organizer give any specifics on conflict?

I'll have to check out Devious Magic to see if there's incompatibility, and if so maybe can fix that. Thanks for finding and reporting that. Did Mod Organizer give any specifics on conflict?

Funny. I've been running DeviousMagic and this mod for a while. But, I haven't tested out the new scenes either.

Just file conflicts, so easy enough to see by comparing the file trees :)

Yeah, I had started a new game and did the shout quest first, was playing along and got the other quest and every time I had to visit the shrine Nocturnal didn't want me talking to Clavicus...

On the effect, the honest reason is because my eyes aren't the greatest and the effect was causing me problems.

Release 1.30 fixed both of these items.

Barbas quest is now actually integrated into the story. Can't be a conflict - I hope... there's several ways it starts so if anyone runs into trouble please let me know.

Skeleton Key visual is now gone. I ran into too many side-effects with it to be worth trying to fix so instead of the visual being optional I had to just get rid of it. A shame for those who liked it but I could not see any way to fix.

I think i'm stuck. How to learn the first part of the shout? I just "spent" the night with cassia and headed to a word wall at the entrance of the twilight sepulcher. However going there, it does not teach me a shout. The quest also has no target, so i don't know where else i could go. The "exit" of the place is just an iron do, so i can't leave and the secret door behind nocturnals statue leeds to another dead end.

I think i'm stuck. How to learn the first part of the shout? I just "spent" the night with cassia and headed to a word wall at the entrance of the twilight sepulcher. However going there, it does not teach me a shout. The quest also has no target, so i don't know where else i could go. The "exit" of the place is just an iron do, so i can't leave and the secret door behind nocturnals statue leeds to another dead end.

Going to the word wall should indeed teach you the first shout. There's no map marker at this point and that's intentional for both the word wall and then exiting. If you get the shout, you do end up with a clue for exiting in the journal "you may need to take a leap of faith". But there IS a way out you need to find. So exit is not a problem but I'd sure like to figure out why you are not able to learn the first word.

What was the last thing you did before that? Should have been that Nocturnal said "Yes. Your reward awaits. A wall with inscriptions lies within this Sepulcher". If that did not happen you somehow missed talking to Nocturnal but should not have been able to get out of the cage.

If you are able to go back to that point with a save, I'd like to know what you see for quest stage you are at. If you can go to console and type

sqv VirginTraining

This will tell you the current stage.

Thanks for your fast reply! I'll reload an earlier save and try again later.

Btw, i really like the golden chastity items. I combined them with devious equip to have a full set (bra, belt, gag, yoke, etc), maybe you can add this as optional replacers for the virginity items?

If you care, some small things i noticed: It's confusing that your character has to "touch" the statues of vile and nocturnal to continue the quest, instead of "activating" them.

After staying with cassia, nocturnal runs at the dragonborn and may not find a "path" to the player. They cant move closer to her (unless they have "dark souls combat" installed, which allows somersaults in all directions), so after some seconds she teleports in and begins dialogue about the shout. Maybe you could instead have her open the cage from the outside, before talking to the player?

I've also instelled the mod "sisterhood of dibella" , i hope that won't cause conflicts (havent completed the main quest there)? Also if you haven't completed the story script for your mod, maybe you can somehow integrate it into "sisterhood" or offer some optional support for it (side stories)?