Monster Girl Blockhead Edition

puddles

This 'This is freakin' broken!' thread to report everything I broke trying to release something this big as my first public mod. As the title suggests, this -absolutely won't work- without having Blockhead installed and an up-to-date OBSE. The Blockhead.ini has to be modified to allow at least 3 model and texture overrides per race; if you don't know how to do that you can just download the ini file included at the bottom of this post and copy it into your OBSE\Plugins folder.

The build I run with uses the Oblivion Character Overhaul mod's models/textures with the OCO + MBP Eyes patch to prevent googly eyes while still allowing all the MBP races/what-not. Things might not display right at the moment if you don't have the same setup, because some files may not have been added in properly. If you find any issues, please report them!

Some people might ask 'Why did you want to fix Emily's mess?!', and the answer is...I don't know. I might be suicidal! I'm also a total lore nut and spent countless hours trying to make everything mesh as neatly with TES's canon as possible. As such, I took a number of liberties renaming items, races, and...other stuff, to comply within the bounds. The Amazonians warriors are now the Sovngarden Eidolon, spirits from Shor's Sovngarde, the Nordic warrior paradise, come to challenge mortals to glorious battle. The Ageha are fiendish Daedra aligned with Molag Bal. The bee monsters are Daedra that heed the whims of Meridia and loath undead. The ghouls are now Kothringi, an ancient tribe who was turned into immortal undead through an ill-fated deal with Clavicus Vile. If you aren't a fan of me taking liberties, well...the old one is still somewhere in that other thread and I'll be happy to help troubleshoot CTDs with it.

This is still a total WIP that I intend to continue working on, but I want to have what's done so far online for posterity in case I suddenly croak or lose interest, or something.

What this adds:

Races

• Aedric Messenger (originally Celestial HighKing)
  • Chocolate Elf (virtually unchanged from the original)
  • Dragon Hybrid (new race using Xeot textures and Blockhead)
  • Drogher of Morihaus (originally ox)
  • Falmer (originally smallmen)
  • Flame Atronach (retextured but largely unchanged)
  • Gorgon (completely overhauled, female tail is Blockheadized - Minotaur soon to come!)
  • Host, Stickler, and Tyrant of Molag Bal (Completely overhauled Ageha, Blockheadized but still probably requiring tweaking)
  • Ka Po' Tun (revamped Tiger, Blockheadized claws)
  • Ket Keptu Descendant (originally Medmen)
  • Kothringi Immortal (originally Ghoul -- expect further changes to fit canon)
  • Lich (virtually unchanged)
  • Maormer (originally Aquatic Elves -- expect further changes to make them suck less)
  • Meridian Daedra (originally those beenite things, completely overhauled and Blockheadized but still probably requiring tweaking)
  • Namiran Daedra (originally the...Idon'tknowwhat, completely overhauled and Blockheadized)
  • Nedic Descendant (orginally nuns, largely unchanged so far but likely to be made rarer and more reclusive)
  • Satyr (Goat) (slightly renamed but largely unchanged, still need to be Blockheadized)
  • Satyr (Goat) (slightly renamed but largely unchanged, still need to be Blockheadized)
  • Sovngarden Eidolon (previously Amazon/Greek-based NPCs, major overhaul and faction created)
  • Tang Mo (previously Fatmen, large overhaul and more incoming -- mostly altering the MP3s to sound more...ape-ish)
  • The Shadow's Mooncalf (previously slave, they basically just exist to be butchered and tortured by enemies...?)
  • Werewolf (unchanged thus far, still requires Blockheadizing)
  • Wet Nurse of Morihaus (previously Dairycowthing, Blockheadized but probably still needing tweaking)
  • Sload (split from Maormer, partially Blockheadized but dear they still need work -- looking for someone good with mesh combining for some help!)
  • Spriggan (largely unchanged, still requires some Blockheadizing)
  • Xivilai (largely unchanged)
  • Wrothgarian Orc (still requires blockheadizing...)
  • Lilmothiit (previously Cute Elf, now mostly lore-compliant fox girls?! [might make them a patch and think of a different base race, but until then...fluffy tails])

I PROBABLY FORGOT SOME.

Eventually going to make a "Less Gore" patch, and probably another with all the old gory stuff like the female bodies impaled on spears that bounce...so I never have to look at it in my game, but others can have it in theirs. >_>

---

Ridiculously huge set of files, hopefully it'll be uploaded by midnight so I can link them here.

Blockhead.rar

Thanks.txt

Hello,

Never used *emily* mod however I will applaud anyone that is willing to take a mod that is no longer (seemingly supported even elsewhere) and do some work even if it does change the stories or features etc. However I can say with great confidence that you have a shit ton of work just to get the mod up to current standards much less change components. Might be easier just starting a fresh ESM and working the assets into them and quest etc from a clean start ;). This is really true considering the changes you hint at wanting to do. This isn't a restoration it is a revamp/alteration. ;).

Anyway Good luck on your project and best wishes. :)

LUCKILY, there aren't any actual quests beyond the dialog. That's actually pretty cleaned up. What isn't cleaned up are the weirdly formatted, buggy scripts that use force-equipped items and tokens for animations that make the game crash if you touch the NPCs' inventories. Delving into those will be fun, since I'm pretty clueless with scripts. >__>

Thanks, I'll upload it there once it's done here. Don't feel like stopping it after it's partway through.

Updated the first post with a hopefully complete list of added races. Will add more once I'm done sorting all these uploads. Or later in the week. Dunno.

All of the files are uploaded now. If you put them all in the same folder and try to extract the .01.rar, it should unzip all fine now.

There's going to be a differently formatted one up in...eh. Four hours that's not split: zipped mesh folder, zipped textures folder, zipped sounds folder, zipped core folder. People can wait for that one if they want, too. I realize a 19-part download is pretty off-putting for a beta mod. ._.

Okay, got the four mirrors up for less frustrating downloading. Going to leave the others up overnight for people who might be downloading them slowly, but eventually they're going down so I can just split the folders into smaller chunks. That way any updates to the meshes/textures/sounds won't be as frustrating.

Anyone familiar enough with scripting to know the repercussions of the "captive" scripts and several others like the Bebelith script redirecting them to the DarkGhostHold in the Test Hall? This seems like a recipe for bloating to me, but I don't know:

scn 00Bebilith1Script

begin OnDeath
   PlayMagicShaderVisuals effectSummonMythicDawn 5
   PlaySound AMBThunder
   Resurrect 1
   Bebilith1.MoveToMarker DarkGhostHoldRef

end

Best place to post Oblivion scripting related questions is here: useful community scripts to start mods with It has become a bit more than what the name implies.

All that script is doing is on death playing a visual shader, a sound file and then the resurrect command followed by a move to a specific marker. They should only resurrect with whatever they had originally in their inventories, if anything. And if memory serves me right they are not persistent actors (most named NPCs are persistent) so I'd assumed those would be culled from the game, eventually. Have you tried killing them and seeing if their numbers multiply over time? If they are then yeah, that may cause bloating in the specific cell they are moved to. But I would, again based on memory, believe those to be removed from the game after a period of time after leaving that cell. This typically occurs after 3 in-game days transpires. Bandits are an example that comes to mind, and any armor/weapons that get dropped.

(I cannot be of more direct help as I don't use Blockhead and have had no motivation to do so as it conflicts with my current Oblivion build. )

LUCKILY, there aren't any actual quests beyond the dialog. That's actually pretty cleaned up. What isn't cleaned up are the weirdly formatted, buggy scripts that use force-equipped items and tokens for animations that make the game crash if you touch the NPCs' inventories. Delving into those will be fun, since I'm pretty clueless with scripts. >__>

You belong to LL I am sure if you post some of your questions and issues with these someone will be able to give you some sound advise on how to resolve it. I imagine it is just tedious work not that complex once you understand the process.

So glad I got this uploaded when I did, since this old laptop is on its last legs. Working on cleaning EditorIDs at the moment, once I can actually recognize what the fuck script are supposed to do by their names I might poke at them.

Does anyone have any ideas for a...metallic-y skinned texture? I guess I could use a high-gloss texture...

Edit: I think I can use a oil2 Ice Elf texture, but the .zip of oily textures I have is missing the oil2 _n.dds for ears. :/

Maormer/Aquamer were given a bluer skin texture to look less like bloated fish. Looking into integrating the siren/triton legs-to-tail script from another mod, once I see the permissions on it.

v1.02 is up. Uncertain when the next update will be, because this laptop is dying. Backing up my files to move onto a middling laptop that might not handle Oblivion too well.

• Incomplete retexturing of the Kothringi. Maormer have been retextured with a nicer blue skin. Falmer look like Falmer; something happened with 1.01 and the meshes/textures weren't saved. Renamed some EditorIDs to be understandable, if people decide to look at it. Removed the...'Bukakke Face' from the Shadow's Mooncalves... >_>

Just change the glossiness float value to get different versions of glossy/metallic look. To change the value load the nif into nifskope and click on the NiMaterialProperty arrow to get the drop down then go to glossiness float. 1000.0000 is the max value and will make the skin super glossy/oily 10.0000 might be the lowest not sure though as I always do max value but lower values will give the body a more of a unpolished metallic look. Change it save it go into game and see how it looks.

There is also gloss max which can be found on the nexus that can can mass do big groups of files at one time and will also work on bodies that are in armors and outfits it doesn't work on heads or items that don't have the word skin for NiMaterialProperty so you will still have to do those ones manually it also has a .INI file that you can open and from there you can change it's gloss value to whatever you want it to be at.

I'm mostly wondering why they chose to resurrect them in a test cell instead of just leaving them dead to despawn naturally. Thanks for the insight, and no worries about the Blockhead.

We are talking Emily (who I think admitted to being bipolar in a very old prior post) here so any guess is as good as another. Could be they don't despawn correctly, or cause a negative NPS impact if too many are dead in an open and travelled area.

Just change the glossiness float value to get different versions of glossy/metallic look. To change the value load the nif into nifskope and click on the NiMaterialProperty arrow to get the drop down then go to glossiness float. 1000.0000 is the max value and will make the skin super glossy/oily 10.0000 might be the lowest not sure though as I always do max value but lower values will give the body a more of a unpolished metallic look. Change it save it go into game and see how it looks.

There is also gloss max which can be found on the nexus that can can mass do big groups of files at one time and will also work on bodies that are in armors and outfits it doesn't work on heads or items that don't have the word skin for NiMaterialProperty so you will still have to do those ones manually it also has a .INI file that you can open and from there you can change it's gloss value to whatever you want it to be at.

Wouldn't modifying the upper/lower body's dds via the base body mesh make ALL races using it glossy/non-glossy? Easily remedied using Blockhead, but I need to know if it's necessary.

Archived