Okay, two things.  First where I'm at on PB and then some info about another project.

====== Prettier Bandits ===================

I'm back tinkering on this a lil bit.  Working on rebuilding the new Vigilant leveled outfits so they produce something I'm happier with.  Once I get that done I'm going to cheat an re-use some of the existing appearance templates and build the new vigilant encounter tables and that will have them done.

They will still be using Appachii hair, but the new Keeper Carcette uses one of the KS hair models.  Here's a screen shot of her.

5a364933e8c07_enb2017_12_1705_37_16_19.thumb.jpg.cc904230d7ccd518e217df268eb98958.jpg

There are some other minor changes I've been working doing, mostly to expand some encounter tables to add variety while not doing anything radical.

After this update there will be some MAJOR changes, starting with rebuilding everything I've done so far.  One of the things I had been hoping to do was build a sort of "resource" base of appearance templates.  Thus far my attempts at this have met a lot of road blocks but I think I've finally hit on a compromise method that will be workable.  It won't offer as much variety as I had initially hoped but it will allow me to offer more than I can now.  While it will take some time to set up, once done it should speed up considerably the rate at which I am able to add in more factions of NPCs.

Included in the rebuild will be an update to the hair colors, currently I have about 20 and that's going to increase about 30 to 32...-ish.   I'm also going to be switching over to KS hair instead of Appachii, though I may retain (and pack the meshes in with the resource file) a few of them that I like and think look nice enough to keep.

This new version of PB will be split into two mod files.  A "Resource.esm" and bsa archive which will contain the hair colors and appearance templates and a few other things (see below).  Once done this will not get updated much.  It will be its own download so for the most part all you'll need to do is download this once and that's it, which will be nice since it'll be the BIG one.   The second will be the Prettier Bandits.esp and which may end up being nothing but an esp file and so a very small and quick download, this is what will get updated most often so downloading updates will get a lot quicker.

Among my future plans for PB is to include the Forsworn and to include some "body/face paints".   These won't be tattoos, I've been wanting to set up a sort of removable face/body paint using a magical effect that can be applied or removed in game and will be craftable.  I'm hoping to get this done at the same time I do the big resource.esm and pack this in with it.  What it will mean is that we can have Forsworn with some Pict/Gaul/Celt style body and face paints that can be removed, applied to your followers (or your own character if you wish) and the formula for the "paints" will be craftable at an alchemy table.  So if you are using something like PAH and enslave a Forsworn but don't like the face/body paint, you can remove it.  It shouldn't use any scripting (or at least nothing major and nothing that runs continuously) so no extra papyrus or script load.  At least that's the hope.

Okay... on to my other mod project

========  Hearthfires Dungeons =================================

Purely a temp name I'm still pondering what to call it.  But it does sum it up.  I've been working on making an add-on "play space / dungeon" for the Hearthfires homes.  Right now my working mod only adds on to the Heljarchen Hall basement.  What it adds is a small store room that includes a custom arrow ammo display rack, an elder scroll display rack, some book shelves, weaponracks and lots of storage containers.  The craftable coffin gets moved to an hidden room here as well.

From the storage room you go down some steps to a "training / play" room which has a fireplace you can turn on and off, bed, some storage, a small prison cell, and some other goodies.

Beyond that is a large prison room where you can keep your PAH slaves, or your SexyBanditCaptive sluts or just whatever.  Make followers live there when they've been naughty, its up to you.

Other than the DLC content, the mod has no other dependencies, so you can use it with PAHE / HSH (and it works very well with Musje's HSH I think) or other mods, but there's no requirements to have them.

I'm particularly proud of my arrow ammo display rack since this involved my first bit of original scripting.  What the rack does is, well, it starts out an empty rack.  You can play any type of arrow in it (anything with the keyword "vendoritemarrow").  When one of 13 specific types of arrow (iron, steel, elven, ebony, stalhrim, etc.) gets placed in the storage container a quiver of that type of arrow appears on the rack.  Take all of that type out and it disappears.  Try to put something other than arrows in and you get a notification you can only store arrows here.   I'll be including the source code so if anyone wants to see how I did it and mug some code, feel free.  I learned how to do it watching Darkfox127's tutorials on custom containers and custom display cases on Youtube.

So here's some early preview screen shots.

msg-749264-0-95014600-1509562820_thumb.jpgmsg-749264-0-78576800-1509562805_thumb.jpgmsg-749264-0-80857000-1509562787_thumb.jpgmsg-749264-0-14830600-1509562744_thumb.jpgmsg-749264-0-12703000-1509562670_thumb.jpgmsg-749264-0-92187500-1509562701_thumb.jpgmsg-749264-0-33443500-1509562712_thumb.jpg

5a33b9b6591bb_enb2017_12_1506_49_45_17.thumb.jpg.26cf710834b4b542d90d3f513f696620.jpg

Note, the bondage furniture you see, such as the rack, X cross, etc. were all placed in game using Musje's HSH.  I haven't included any bondage furniture in the mod itself. But there are some "dance" cages that can be opened and closed that are included.

Additionally there's an alternate furniture set I'm doing for the main hall, instead of the dining room table and chair you'll get a chair set with a low table.  I've added a bit more to it since I did this screen shot, and I'm working on setting it up with a toggle switch so you can swap between the dining room table set and this chair set just by flipping a switch.

msg-749264-0-19299400-1509562835_thumb.jpg

This project is almost ready for a beta release.  The initial beta will just mod the one house, but once I get some feedback and make any additional changes, I'll finalize the space and then duplicate it for the other two Hearthfire homes and that will have a finished mod.

As always, feedback is welcome

Since you're doing such a big face overhaul, isn't it a good idea to make it immersive and avoid yellow and blue hair(and all unnatural colors)? That way it can appeal to all players. And why use Apachii hair? That's the oldest and lowest quality hair mod on the nexus. You could make them with SG or KS hair instead.

As I said, the big overhaul will include switching to KS hair.  Also the hair colors are getting overhauled as well, there were no "blue" hair's in PB, but there were some purplish ones that were never really popular (the greenish hair on wood elves didn't seem popular either, guess I took the whole "wood nymph" bit too literal both will be going away).  I'm looking at refining those colors, to which end I've been collecting hair color samples from various hair care products to use as a guide (never thought I'd be reading women's magazines for hair color tips but... here we are).  Getting blond hair to look realistic (as with most hair colors in fact) is tricky because real hair is made up of a range of colors and in CK you can only use one RGB value.  So while I can try to make the blond hair less pure yellow, unfortunately with only one RGB value there's a limit to what can be done.

Using KS hair's increases the time it take me to make each NPC, mainly because there are just so many to choose from.  But that's a good problem to have I suppose.  The other bit, which will only need to be done once and will be part of the resource.esm will include PB reference parts for the KS hairs.

4 hours ago, EinarrTheRed said:

Okay... on to my other mod project

========  Hearthfires Dungeons =================================

Purely a temp name I'm still pondering what to call it.  But it does sum it up.  I've been working on making an add-on "play space / dungeon" for the Hearthfires homes.  Right now my working mod only adds on to the Heljarchen Hall basement.  What it adds is a small store room that includes a custom arrow ammo display rack, an elder scroll display rack, some book shelves, weaponracks and lots of storage containers.  The craftable coffin gets moved to an hidden room here as well.

From the storage room you go down some steps to a "training / play" room which has a fireplace you can turn on and off, bed, some storage, a small prison cell, and some other goodies.

Beyond that is a large prison room where you can keep your PAH slaves, or your SexyBanditCaptive sluts or just whatever.  Make followers live there when they've been naughty, its up to you.

Other than the DLC content, the mod has no other dependencies, so you can use it with PAHE / HSH (and it works very well with Musje's HSH I think) or other mods, but there's no requirements to have them.

Note, the bondage furniture you see, such as the rack, X cross, etc. were all placed in game using Musje's HSH.  I haven't included any bondage furniture in the mod itself. But there are some "dance" cages that can be opened and closed that are included.

Additionally there's an alternate furniture set I'm doing for the main hall, instead of the dining room table and chair you'll get a chair set with a low table.  I've added a bit more to it since I did this screen shot, and I'm working on setting it up with a toggle switch so you can swap between the dining room table set and this chair set just by flipping a switch.

might want to consider just keeping that name as it sums up what you are doing with this so well.

less dependencies is always good = more compatible with other stuff :smile:.

there are other mods people will be able to use to put out that type stuff as well as Musje's HSH - Cell Builder, the J-positioner (i forget the exact name) mod to name just 2.

for toggle switching furniture you may want to check the East Reach House (https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2015-east-reach-house/) it has some furniture in the 

basement that can be changed around (which one it is, not position).

i will definitely be checking it out when its released.

44 minutes ago, valcon767 said:

might want to consider just keeping that name as it sums up what you are doing with this so well.

less dependencies is always good = more compatible with other stuff :smile:.

there are other mods people will be able to use to put out that type stuff as well as Musje's HSH - Cell Builder, the J-positioner (i forget the exact name) mod to name just 2.

for toggle switching furniture you may want to check the East Reach House (https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2015-east-reach-house/) it has some furniture in the 

basement that can be changed around (which one it is, not position).

i will definitely be checking it out when its released.

I might just do that with the name. 

Feel the same way about dependencies.  While this project started as something for my personal use with PAHE and HSH, I decided I wanted to keep the published version of it as flexible as possible so people could use it with what they wanted and how they wanted.

The furniture shouldn't be too hard, basically is just changing what gets enabled.  As I understand it there's an enable list in a script in the BYOH homes quest.  That points at specific "master" objects that get enabled and everything that is parented to that gets enabled along with it.  I've already got the table and chair set put together and parented and there is a small toggle switch on the wall for now.  You pull it the set gets enabled, pull again and it disappears, pull again and it reappears.  So that part works.  What I have to do now is change the dining table set so that its parented to an Xmarker, and make sure that gets enabled when you craft the table.  Along with it that toggle would get enabled.  Then, I just make a small modification to my script attached to that toggle and it should be able to then switch between the dining room table and the chair set back an forth.  That's the complicated change I want to make.

The vampire coffin is much simpler, I just change it to point at an xmarker that disables a wall section and enables a wall section with a hole in it in its place as well as enabling a banner over the hole in the wall and that's it.  No switches necessary or anything else necessary.

I'm hoping maybe to have something by the end of the week baring anything unexpected.

With all the new ZAP 8 furniture options, I'm already bracing for requests to make the training room bigger.  LOL

I'm also not making any of the furnishing, etc. craftable... when you build the basement its just there.  But if there are requests for that I'll certainly consider it.

Thanks for the feedback, soon as I have the beta ready it will get its own download page and support thread.

3 hours ago, EinarrTheRed said:

With all the new ZAP 8 furniture options, I'm already bracing for requests to make the training room bigger.  LOL

I'm also not making any of the furnishing, etc. craftable... when you build the basement its just there.  But if there are requests for that I'll certainly consider it.

personally i like the idea of not having to craft the individual pieces for BDSM type stuff (could be just me prefers it that way).

i had figured you were going to put some furniture in somewhere down the line. and that was part of the reason i suggested looking at the East Reach House

(specifically the basement).  it has 3-5 furnitures in it and each can cycle thru several different pieces at that spot. they are controlled by a set of smaller models

on a table.  not sure if you would want to do the same thing or not....but it could let you put 3-5 furnitures in each spot without taking up extra space.

what i was thinking was if you wanted (and could figure out or just code mug it) to do the same thing it could work as a multiplier for furniture without having to

make bigger rooms. so that for a room that holds 10 pieces that don't change, the same amount of space could have 1 control and 9 that can be changed gives 36

pieces (4 each x 9 plus 1 spot taken by controller).

the way it (East Reach House basement) was done it only had about 4 furnitures (from zaz 6 i think) in it, but the individual player could change which piece was

actually in the room (and they could be changed back and forth) from a small list.  this basically let the creator put stuff in place once and the individual player

could customize it so that it would fit the personal game better (and with the ability to change it back and forth it was not a "set in stone" thing).

they pieces he used in that mod all actually worked just like they would placing with something like "cell builder" or similar mods.

i do not know if you would want to do this or not...but figured to at least bring it to your attention as a possible option.

Wasn't sure how people would feel about crafting things.  So for now I haven't even attempted to implement one.  The only crafting stuff I'm messing with are the two that are necessary because its part of the BYOH system that's already there. 

I think I had the east reach house installed at one point, seem to be remembering it now.  Was over near the Old Hrodan Inn IIRC.  Setting up a system to let you cycle through multiple enable / disable states... will have to look into that, if nothing else sounds interesting to learn how its done.  It is an idea though.  I'm working on learning more about doing this sort of thing because I'm also working on a couple other player home projects.  So interesting bits that make a player home more fun are things I'm looking for anyway.  That was a big part of why I added the ammo rack and the elder scroll display to this one, plus needing to fill some blank wall space.  I wanted to learn how it was done and with the ammo rack try an do something I hadn't seen exactly done before.

For now I haven't placed any furniture, partly because this started as a personal project for use with Musje's HSH, her mod lets me place and remove furniture in game which is very convenient.  Now Musje's doing another mod (Interactive BDSM Framework) and if she includes a similar system with that then oh boy.  We'll see how the feedback goes, I'm keeping an open mind.

23 hours ago, Doofiess said:

Download broken I guess Mega doesn't work. Does anyone has the file?

Mega seems to have changed how their system works.  Apparently you cannot download directly anymore you can only copy to your own account and download from there.  So I'll be looking into another hosting option or else break up the file into chunks that can be hosted here at LL.

6 hours ago, marmed911 said:

What is the best skin mod to use with prettier bandits?   I am using  Leyenda, and now faces are darker than body.

Honestly not sure, I've used Navetsea and a few others.   I've not tried Leyenda's skin but from the preview pics it looks like its quite a bit lighter than the skins I was using so it could be a result of very different skin values.

If the mismatch is severe you could try re-exporting the face data.  If you don't know how, here's what you need to do...

1. Pick a time when you have between 30 min and 1 hr to let your computer run.
  2. Open Prettier Bandits in Creation Kit
  3. Under Actors filter for PB_ this will get you all the PB_ NPCs
  4. Select them all
  5. Press Control+F4
  6. It will take your computer about 30min to 1 hr (depending on how powerful your CPU is) to process all the NPCs and re export all the facedata.
  7. When its done click OK in the done box
  8. Close CK and you're done.  You don't need to re-save Prettier Bandits.

If you want to experiment first with just a few to see if that makes a difference, then just pick out a few you encounter frequently and see what results you get.  Post some screen shots if you can, being able to see what's happening in your game will give me some clues.  If possible I'll look into correcting for it in the rebuild.

• 2 weeks later...

I am sorry that you are in poor health Einarr.  I hope 2018 brings you better health and hope for your recovery.

For furniture placement, I found cobb positioner works quite well for placing ZAZ furnitures using player.placeatme (baseid) of the furniture.. cobb lets you manipulate it in game with some pretty good marker indicators.  Fairly simple to use.  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/74768.  Its a good tool to place furnitures not included in HSH placement options... or even to microadjust HSH placed objects.

Another interesting system that nobody has really endeavored to develop yet is using the campfire system for placement.  I am shocked nobody has tried it yet.  https://skyrimsurvival.com/home/campfire/mod-developers/creating-campfire-mods/  Maybe one day I will, but I am too lazy and the idea is open for anyone to delve into right now.

With those 2 points...  one thing you should consider if you are making your homes hearthfire capable... is creating a blank slate state (unfurnished) and a furnished state.  Although people can also just delete furniture in game using cobb (or jaxons) as well.  

There is a really nice glass coffin in ZAP 8 that may also be fitting for what you want to do.  I also highly recommend the dance poles somewhere in the house.  They are pretty nifty.

Again, I will wish you the best in this new year and hope for your improved health.  Thank you for sharing all the work you have contributed with us.  Cheers.

On 05/01/2018 at 1:58 PM, Lodakai said:

I am sorry that you are in poor health Einarr.  I hope 2018 brings you better health and hope for your recovery.

For furniture placement, I found cobb positioner works quite well for placing ZAZ furnitures using player.placeatme (baseid) of the furniture.. cobb lets you manipulate it in game with some pretty good marker indicators.  Fairly simple to use.  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/74768.  Its a good tool to place furnitures not included in HSH placement options... or even to microadjust HSH placed objects.

Another interesting system that nobody has really endeavored to develop yet is using the campfire system for placement.  I am shocked nobody has tried it yet.  https://skyrimsurvival.com/home/campfire/mod-developers/creating-campfire-mods/  Maybe one day I will, but I am too lazy and the idea is open for anyone to delve into right now.

With those 2 points...  one thing you should consider if you are making your homes hearthfire capable... is creating a blank slate state (unfurnished) and a furnished state.  Although people can also just delete furniture in game using cobb (or jaxons) as well.  

There is a really nice glass coffin in ZAP 8 that may also be fitting for what you want to do.  I also highly recommend the dance poles somewhere in the house.  They are pretty nifty.

Again, I will wish you the best in this new year and hope for your improved health.  Thank you for sharing all the work you have contributed with us.  Cheers.

Can this mod be used to place potions and things on shelves as well?

oh just checked it out and it seems it can thanks did not know there was such a mod.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the well wishes.  Much appreciated.  I'm sorta better, some of it is chronic and I just have to live with it. 

On the link situation.  I just redid the download link for Mega.  Made it generate a new one and posted it.  Hopefully it works, but please test and let me know.  I'm really just going to have to break the mod up into smaller multiple files and post here at LL.   Will get on that when I can.  In the future I'm going to avoid using Mega, is just been too many headaches.

I also posted a note on the download page (in green) under the Q&A thingy... if you want to borrow any of my NPCs appearance for use in your own mods, blanket permission is given.  I've had a couple site mails asking for that and just figured I'd lay that out there for everyone.  I'm happy if what I've done is useful and helpful to others.

Hearthfire Stuff

Thanks for the input Lodakai, I'll keep that in mind.  When I started the Hearthfire project I had intended to basically do as you suggest and start with an empty room(s) and then let players craft what they wanted to add.  Three problems slowed that up.  One, initial feedback I got wasn't supportive, and second and the bigger issue... figuring out the darn crafting system.  When I left off I think I had mostly figured out how Bethesda did theirs and could work with it.  I think... maybe... cross your fingers.  LOL

As it is, there's a lot of open spaces for placing furniture, whether you use one of the methods Lodakai suggested or the internal ability of Musje's HSH.  The project started off as a just a personal mod I tinkered with when I felt like, since I use HSH is originally designed it to work with that (and that's also why Musje was the first person to ever see it).

I've always kinda been amazed at the campfire system, and also what Musje did with her version of it.  I'd love to learn to do that stuff but I've got a LOT to learn to get there.  I'm still learning to make quests (I have yet to finishing making my first working quest... been lazy about it to be honest).  So hopefully at some point all these various skill sets will come together and I'll get some things finished.

I should probably just post what I have and let you guys take a look and see what you think.  Right now I think Musje is the only person who has a working copy and I don't think she had the last working version.  Bad thing about all these interruptions is that I forget where I was at an who had what and all that.   Takes a bit to catch up.   Meanwhile, I've attached what should be my working copy below, including the 4 scripts and source for each.  So you guys can play with it, try it out, see what you think.  Might go ahead an set up a download page for it soonish, but there's a few things I think I was going to try an fix first (I think, having to remember and review my notes).

This only modifies the basement to Heljarchen Hall which you can build after buying land from the Jarl of Dawnstar.  Eventually, once I get one fully working version, I'd like to duplicate it for the other two halls as well.  But one step at a time here.  In this version, the space is there, the gates work, there's some furniture, plenty of idle markers (I find that PAHE slaves like having a lot of idle markers to interact with and sandbox better in spaces that have them).  There's also a custom arrow ammo rack that now fully works.  The elder scroll display is finished and working.   I think there's still an issue with the vampire coffin but I'm not sure (I don't normally play vampires) but I have a suspicion about the what may be causing the issue, it relates to how the crafting system works which when I left off I was still figuring out.

It should be okay if you've already built the hall, but if you've already crafted the vampire coffin it will probably create a conflict with that (you can just delete it in game though and that should resolve it).  Also there's a furniture set that will conflict with the regular dining table if you've built that.  But I included a toggle switch to let you disable the new furniture until I can sort the crafting system and make them into proper crafting options.  Other than that it should be completely save game compatible.  To uninstall just move everything out of the new space, delete the esp and the four scripts.  The scripts are very basic (which is a fair description of my Papyrus scripting level) so nothing weird in them or anything that would break your game.  Source is included if you want to see what I did or how I did it, an if you want to borrow ideas from it, feel free.  The arrow ammo display was a fun project and I'm sort of proud of it (my first baby step you might say).

EtR_HeljarchenHall_Basement.7z

• 4 weeks later...

That may be something I need to look at.  Can you identify which bandits?

It could be a bug that I've occasionally noticed that I call the "grey body" bug, sort of the reverse of the grey face bug.  Typically I've noticed it happens when one NPC borrows the appearance of another NPC and the original has the 'chargen face preset' option checked (always happens in that case); however there should not be any of these in PB.  Once in awhile I've seen it crop up on some NPCs for unknown reasons.  I was hoping to have eliminated it since my future plans for the mod depend on being able to "borrow" appearance from a base template and pass it to other NPCs.  Its a bit frustrating because I haven't been able to discern the cause in the later case or replicate it with any reliability, it seems almost random.  Most of the time it works fine, and then for reasons unknown to me, once it awhile it doesn't.

Most of the 1H tank bandits borrow appearance in this way, so do the 2H berserkers, along with some of the witches and warlocks.

One other thing to check is what skin pack you have installed.  If its a darker skin tone, it may simply be a mismatch between the body and the tintmask of the face.  I typically use the BAIN all in one packs or covergirls.  I keep meaning to try Leyenda's but I also keep forgetting.

Screen shots would be helpful if you have any.

Load order likely won't make any difference to this particular problem.

Ok, this might be on me. I assumed the slaves were from captured bandits, but I think I must have got them from Tundra Defense citizens. I'm not sure how those get their appearance, but PB did change them (for the better) as well so I thought they were originally bandits. Maybe they draw faces from bandit lists and bodies from elsewhere.

Edit: Went to my TD village, and some of them have the color issue. Temporarily removing PB causes them to stop generating with mismatched colors the color mismatch to go away on existing ones. Haven't found the mismatch on bandits proper - yet.

That's still odd, but I'm not familiar with that mod or how its doing whatever it does.  Here's the thing, if they are correctly inheriting the "Traits" of a PB bandit (i.e. the appearance, race and voice type) then they should look fine.  Couple of examples of this working correctly.  Musje's Home Sweet Home, if you turn on the slave based on bandit toggle and you have PB installed you get slaves with the PB appearance and things look fine.  Recently I was trying out Up From the Deeps (good mod btw) and Things In The Dark (which I'm hoping the author will update, great concept and a TON of content) and both mods also borrow appearance from other NPCs, some from bandits and some from unique NPCs, both showed up fine with no greyness.  So my guess is that that mod is either somehow improperly borrowing the appearance or is creating some sort of conflict.

If you know how to use CK and want to take a look under the hood of the mod you are using, look at its NPCs here's a couple things you can look for.  Open up one the mods actor files and look on the left side just below where its gives ID, Name, Shortname.  There are a bunch of check boxes.  Make sure "Is Chargen Face Preset" is NOT checked, that will cause your problem for certain. 

Further down below those check boxes there's an area that says Template Data with a drop down menu and some check boxes.  That drop down menu is how you select the NPC actor or template you want to draw from (templates get used a LOT in random NPCs).  The check boxes are how you control what information gets passed forward into the new NPC.  Here you can find out what NPC they are drawing info from.  If its going to inherit or borrow the appearance of another NPC the "Traits" box should be checked.  This will cause the new NPC to inherit the appearance, race, height and voice type of the template NPC (in other words everything from the Traits, Char Gen Parts and Char Gen Morphs tabs).  Hopefully that will help you track down what may be happening.

• 4 weeks later...

Great work on this mod! I've been trying to use JH people (also known as NPC 85) but that mod hardly ever works properly. 

I've noticed that sometimes I'll come across a female bandit that has a different colour head to the bod, like a mismatching skin tone. Is there a way to fix that?

Earlier the author reported you can export all the face data from CK to fix a lot of that.  Took my system about an hour to run the one time process.  A couple of others I have had to go into xEdit and find the conflict and patch for it.  Just remember that whichever mod last changes an NPC entry, the meshes from that mod are what should be used.  All that said, I still come across a few, but not nearly as many as before.