[FO4 CK] General Help Thread

So, take 2:

The idea of this thread is to get a place to ask small questions about the CK - ones that aren't so to speak worthy of their own thread.

This will be obsolete once we get an own section for CK questions. Until then, let's try using this thread.

I'll start with a question concerning Weapon Mods: how do you change the name that a weapon with attached mod gets?

Baton + Electrified = Shock Baton

Baton + Custom Weapon Mod = Shock Baton

How would you go about changing that output name?

here is my question.

How do I enable the CK to have multiple masterfiles.

When I try to set the DLCs as secondary masterfiles the game crashes.

I know I have to put this somewhere but I dont know where and if there are other steps.

bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1

here is my question.

I know I have to put this somewhere but I dont know where and if there are other steps.

File: <fallout 4 install dir>/CreationKit.ini

Section [General]

here is my question.

SResourceArchiveList2=Fallout4 - Animations.ba2, DLCRobot - Main.ba2, DLCworkshop01 - Main.ba2

in Fallout4.ini.

(In addition to what CPU said. There can be issues otherwise)

I was trying to add some paintings through the CK, but seem to have missed something along the way. I could of course use FO4Edit, but want to use CK as it seems clean long term. My questioning really comes to how to add them to the proper lists in the workshop after importing the nifs into CK?

I have these certain cases when the creation kit will allways crash

For example;

I created a simple outfit with just a BoS uniform, when i assign it to a new NPC I get a crash. (just hovering over the outfit name in the dropdown box will make it crash)

If i try to load the Dogout Inn, it crashes. Most other cell's seem to work. (only tested a few)

Anybody else got issues like this?

I've downloaded CK, but when I try to open it, it says that "libScePad.dll is missing" and that "GFSDK_SSAO_D3D11.win64.dll is missing". THe funny thing is that I've already have those files installed. Anyone knows what is happening and how I can fix it?

Did you install the creation kit in steam\steamapps\common\fallout 4 ?

For example;

I created a simple outfit with just a BoS uniform, when i assign it to a new NPC I get a crash. (just hovering over the outfit name in the dropdown box will make it crash)

If i try to load the Dogout Inn, it crashes. Most other cell's seem to work. (only tested a few)

I've downloaded CK, but when I try to open it, it says that "libScePad.dll is missing" and that "GFSDK_SSAO_D3D11.win64.dll is missing". THe funny thing is that I've already have those files installed. Anyone knows what is happening and how I can fix it?

No, does it fix the error?

EDIT: It works, thanks.

EDIT 2: If I try to load something crashes. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....!

I was trying to add some paintings through the CK, but seem to have missed something along the way. I could of course use FO4Edit, but want to use CK as it seems clean long term. My questioning really comes to how to add them to the proper lists in the workshop after importing the nifs into CK?

I'm replying to this because I figured it out and so I wanted to lay it out for future reference by others.

Import nifs as Static objects

Create Form List

Create Keyword

Create Constructable

Done? I don't know im half way through but that seems like the correct way.

For example;

Is it actually crashing, or coming up with a time out message?

Actually crashing.

I'm getting a windows popup saying Creation Kit has stopped working, checking for solution online...

I just installed the CK on my laptop and here i don't have this issue. Trying to load the Dugout Inn cell works.

I attached a prt scrn of what i did.

(the ilo_test_outfit only has the 'athetic outfit' in it)

Strange, no idea what could be the problem

post-812507-0-35865900-1463484796_thumb.jpg

Found another one.

If I try to edit InstituteSynthGen3Female02 or Female01 the CK crashes.

My client crashes when I adjust the vertical size of the object window. It also frequently crashes when loading plugins/master files, even if I've been able to successfully load them before. Super annoying. 

EDIT: Clicking anywhere on the screen while plugins/master files are loading seems to cause the crashing.

Found another one.

If I try to edit InstituteSynthGen3Female02 or Female01 the CK crashes.

My client crashes when I adjust the vertical size of the object window. It also frequently crashes when loading plugins/master files, even if I've been able to successfully load them before. Super annoying. 

EDIT: Clicking anywhere on the screen while plugins/master files are loading seems to cause the crashing.

Yea try to make sure that you let creation kit fully load plugins before doing anything. This was also an issue for some people for Skyrim CK.

Ok I have a dumb question: Is the CK actually out of beta yet?

And if so I guess I have to create a Beth.net account to get it?

Still in beta, and yes, you need a beth.net account to get it.

I am not sure if it will be ever on Steam.

Anyone figured out how to manipulate dialogue? I can't change text or really do anything without a crash. Has anyone even made mods with CK yet? 

I was able to create a mod: yes.

Was I able to add a dialogue: no way.

But I tried just a few hours.

Hello, i've a few questions about the dialogue system. I experimented with it for two days now and I can't get anything decent to work.

Are we really stuck with the four option dialog wheel? (That'd be terrible. I remember from Skyrim that about half the dialog options i had were mod-added. How do they think mod are supposed to work if no new lines are possilbe?)

All tutorials I found add dialog to new npc with their own voice type. Has anyone successfully attached dialog to an alias yet?

Can dialog only be done in the "scenes" tab? Does the "player dialogue" tab even work?

Hello, i've a few questions about the dialogue system. I experimented with it for two days now and I can't get anything decent to work.

Are we really stuck with the four option dialog wheel? (That'd be terrible. I remember from Skyrim that about half the dialog options i had were mod-added. How do they think mod are supposed to work if no new lines are possilbe?)

All tutorials I found add dialog to new npc with their own voice type. Has anyone successfully attached dialog to an alias yet?

Can dialog only be done in the "scenes" tab? Does the "player dialogue" tab even work?

My own experience has been that dialogue cannot be changed or created (results in crash 100% of the time). The dialogue tabs seem to correctly display all dialogue for the selected NPC but nothing can be edited. I don't know if we really are stuck with the four option dialogue wheel but I very much hope there's a workaround for this

EDIT: OK got a basic dialogue change mod working in game after rage quitting several times. I changed Cait's responses to the player walking around naked. For anyone interested here's how I did it:

1. Load up Fallout4.esm (Careful not to click anywhere on screen while loading or crash. Sometimes it just crashes anyway)
  2. Actors > Actor > Actor > HumanRace > Female > Open CompanionCait
  3. Click Dialogue button
  4. Select "Player Dialogue" tab and scroll down in the "topics" box
  5. Looking for an ID called CA_Event_WalkAroundNaked_Cait
  6. This shows all of Cait's responses to the player being nude
  7. Can't change existing dialogue without a crash, so you've got to create new dialogue and delete the old ones
  8. Right click > New (pic)
  9. Type whatever you want Cait to say in the 'Response Text' box but don't change anything else here
  10. Hit OK
  11. At this screen you want to check off "Random" and UNCHECK 'Has lip file' (causes crashing). Also set conditions here if you want but changing anything else ended in crashing for me
  12. Hit OK and your new dialogue should be added
  13. If you don't want the old responses anymore, select them and press delete (would recommend for testing your mod)
  14. Close boxes and save ASAP, you will crash eventually 

This method worked for me and I was able to attach .wav files (after converting) for custom voices too

My own experience has been that dialogue cannot be changed or created (results in crash 100% of the time). The dialogue tabs seem to correctly display all dialogue for the selected NPC but nothing can be edited. I don't know if we really are stuck with the four option dialogue wheel but I very much hope there's a workaround for this

EDIT: OK got a basic dialogue change mod working in game after rage quitting several times. I changed Cait's responses to the player walking around naked. For anyone interested here's how I did it:

1. Load up Fallout4.esm (Careful not to click anywhere on screen while loading or crash. Sometimes it just crashes anyway)
  2. Actors > Actor > Actor > HumanRace > Female > Open CompanionCait
  3. Click Dialogue button
  4. Select "Player Dialogue" tab and scroll down in the "topics" box
  5. Looking for an ID called CA_Event_WalkAroundNaked_Cait
  6. This shows all of Cait's responses to the player being nude
  7. Can't change existing dialogue without a crash, so you've got to create new dialogue and delete the old ones
  8. Right click > New (pic)
  9. Type whatever you want Cait to say in the 'Response Text' box but don't change anything else here
  10. Hit OK
  11. At this screen you want to check off "Random" and UNCHECK 'Has lip file' (causes crashing). Also set conditions here if you want but changing anything else ended in crashing for me
  12. Hit OK and your new dialogue should be added
  13. If you don't want the old responses anymore, select them and press delete (would recommend for testing your mod)
  14. Close boxes and save ASAP, you will crash eventually 

This method worked for me and I was able to attach .wav files (after converting) for custom voices too

Thanks for that little guide!

How should I go about generating a .lip file for my custom dialogue? Does it require a voiced .wav file or does it just generate based on the text itself? 

The CK "generate lip file" button is always grayed out, apparently Bethesda says to use the 32-bit version of CK for lip generation but the program always crashes on me when I try