SexTec (SexLab, SexOut, etc.) - Container thread

So ... I've been looking at the code for the gun version.

Basically, it sends a stop idle to the actors to make sure they're in a neutral state, waits half a second and then casts a spell that runs the menus and starts the animation.

Why in hell are there not mods using this? I know everyone's waiting for Sex-Tech and Sex-Tech is waiting for F4SE, but it seems to me we have a perfectly usable solution right here. Maybe throw in a GetAPI style function that reads the form from the file so calling mods don't need to know the mod offset. Other than that, we've got the basis of something usable here.

Not asking you (DocClox) specifically, but if someone could make the following mod work with what is being talked about in the above quote, that'd be great. :D

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/22074/?

We've been waiting for sextec since November 10th 2015.

What the hell is taking so long? I'm beginning to lose my patience.

Prepare to be bombarded with "why don't you do it". xD but seriously, at least every two pages of this thread mentions that we need a better script extender (F4SE). so it's not Sextec teams fault...

Prepare to be bombarded with "why don't you do it". xD but seriously, at least every two pages of this thread mentions that we need a better script extender (F4SE). so it's not Sextec teams fault...

Evidently the developers of the script extenders for Skyrim and Fallout 4 are either lazy or don't care.

The SKSE64 isn't even out yet, which is so many mods are unavailable for the special edition of skyrim.

Evidently the developers of the script extenders for Skyrim and Fallout 4 are either lazy or don't care.

The SKSE64 isn't even out yet, which is so many mods are unavailable for the special edition of skyrim.

Wow, are you for real?  I suppose the modders exist to appease you and your every little whim?

Wow, are you for real?  I suppose the modders exist to appease you and your every little whim?

yeah, they did not care when they spent so much of their personal FREE time on the development of SKSE, OBSE, or NVSE. I am so sick and tired of people blaming mod authers, they have a real life and do this for free. So give them a break, if you do not want to wait, As CPU, skyrimll, and so many others have said, either wait or do it yourself

Or maybe they're busy. Ever thought of that? No? I didn't think so. If you're so impatient for the new script extenders to come out, offer your services as a programmer to help the projects along. Can't program? Tough. Learn how to. Then you can bitch all you want. Like the others said, they don't owe you a God-damned thing, so quit your whining unless you're willing to help out.

So ... I've been looking at the code for the gun version.

Basically, it sends a stop idle to the actors to make sure they're in a neutral state, waits half a second and then casts a spell that runs the menus and starts the animation.

Why in hell are there not mods using this? I know everyone's waiting for Sex-Tech and Sex-Tech is waiting for F4SE, but it seems to me we have a perfectly usable solution right here. Maybe throw in a GetAPI style function that reads the form from the file so calling mods don't need to know the mod offset. Other than that, we've got the basis of something usable here.

I'm not a programmer, or it would **ALREADY** be done, bro......I assure you of that!

No, the modders, myself included, require a base to build upon. Can I make armor without a body? Maybe, but it sure as hell wouldn't fit anything!!

But yea, we're creeping up on a YEAR & A HALF without F4SE, and I think people are starting to get very upset about it.

:angry:

Well, I have a rough cut of some code. It needs a bit more work to make sure I'm loading all the properties I need from Crazy's mod.

After that, I have a test cell ready to make sure it works to at least a bare minimum level. Assuming it does, I'll get something out for a wider test asap.

I'm thinking I'll call it 4-Play. So the basic call should look like this:

Actor Property Wench Auto

four_play(game.getplayer(), Wench)

That will randomly select a suitable pair of idles. If the second actor is None, a solo anim is selected, according to gender. The second param defaults to none, solo

four_play(Wench)

Will show you your chosen NPC pleasuring herself.

There's also a more complex form that allows you to specify which actor gets which specific idle.

Currently it's not extensible, so new animations will need to be edited into the script. I'll probably look at that once the basics work. I'm also not chaining animations together, parsing tags, allowing variable animation times or even using Crazy's bed animations, since I'm not sure how to tell if there's a bed nearby without SKSE's cell walking functions.

I do send a custom event at the end of play though, so modders can pick up execution where it left off when the animation ran.

If anyone can think of anything major I've not considered, sing out.

Well, I have a rough cut of some code. It needs a bit more work to make sure I'm loading all the properties I need from Crazy's mod.

[...]

Currently it's not extensible, so new animations will need to be edited into the script. I'll probably look at that once the basics work. I'm also not chaining animations together, parsing tags, allowing variable animation times or even using Crazy's bed animations, since I'm not sure how to tell if there's a bed nearby without SKSE's cell walking functions.

I do send a custom event at the end of play though, so modders can pick up execution where it left off when the animation ran.

That's awesome ! For the scope of the mod, I don't think there's anything major to consider that you haven't done.

After that, I have a test cell ready to make sure it works to at least a bare minimum level. Assuming it does, I'll get something out for a wider test asap.

I'm thinking I'll call it 4-Play. So the basic call should look like this:

Actor Property Wench Auto

four_play(game.getplayer(), Wench)

That will randomly select a suitable pair of idles. If the second actor is None, a solo anim is selected, according to gender. The second param defaults to none, solo

four_play(Wench)

Will show you your chosen NPC pleasuring herself.

There's also a more complex form that allows you to specify which actor gets which specific idle.

I'm gonna listen to "Holding out for a hero" in your honor. Thanks for the initiative!

Would one of the Game.FindClosestReferenceOf.... work for finding a bed? (There are like 7 different variants of these)? Haven't tried it myself, just a thought.

Thank you again for doing this. Even without bed, this would be greatly appreciated anyhow.  

Would one of the Game.FindClosestReferenceOf.... work for finding a bed? (There are like 7 different variants of these)? Haven't tried it myself, just a thought.

Do you  know, I looked for that function in the wiki today and couldn't find it anywhere? That's why I decided it must have been a SKSE func.

I think I was searching for "GetNearest" and similar. "FindClosest" never occurred to me.

If anyone wants to look the code over:

https://pastebin.com/aTyQWGfZ

Still haven't got around to testing it - most of tonight's time was set up working out how to use namespaces and .ppj files properly.

Looks good from what I can see.

If you want, you can declare fixed properties as Const, which will produce slightly more efficient code.

Also, for stripping (assuming you always want to strip the actors completely naked), you can make a piece of armor occupying each and every armor slot and just swap it in and out. This will be dramatically faster than traversing her entire wardrobe and unequip the items piece by piece. Not sure if you want to check for power armor when starting animations, but if yes, you can bump her out with akActor.SwitchToPowerArmor(None). Btw. GetWornItem() is a F4SE function, and as far as I could see, the only one you are using. So using the swap item technique would also cut the dependency on F4SE.

Last but not least - not sure if it's worth asking the creator of the animations if they'd be willing to let you bundle the animations with your mod, but it would reduce the stack of mods people would have to install to make everything work - always a good thing.

Also, for stripping (assuming you always want to strip the actors completely naked), you can make a piece of armor occupying each and every armor slot and just swap it in and out.

Yeah, Crazy's code did it like that for NPCs, but used a slot list for the player - I assume to avoid stripping Pip-Boys and the like.

Reason I didn't do it that way is it needs an OnUnequip event to catch the forms to be re-equipped, and there were some fairly long Waits in there to give it all a chance to finish. I thought if I queried the slots directly I could avoid the delay and speed things up a little. Course, if it turns out it takes more than a half second each to query the slots, I'll do it the other way instead.

Good point about the PA.

Last but not least - not sure if it's worth asking the creator of the animations if they'd be willing to let you bundle the animations with your mod, but it would reduce the stack of mods people would have to install to make everything work - always a good thing.

I asked Crazy if he's OK with me using his stuff like this. Haven't heard back, but I can ask then.

Thanks for looking it over. Doesn't currently work - I think I'm reading the wrong form - but I'm too tired to do much more tonight. I think I'll go play something for a while...

Somehting that may help with Stripping is this mod

Interesting. I'll take a look.

Great work mate ! smile.png

Looks like GetFormFromFile is latent. The damn thing is loading successfully, but not until after I've seen the errors about not being able to cast and get properties and so on.

I'm sure this didn't used to be this complicated...

[edit]

Simplest thing might just be to duplicate the idles and the alignment static. I can leave them pointing at Crazy's files.

Regarding the stripping ... what might work better is to just use an all-slots item to remove all the gear and then catch events from both actors. There's probably no reason to wait for the process to finish. The uneqipping should be pretty prompt and the animation should take long enough for the events to finish firing.

'Course, it'll be nice to see what I have now working first.

Archived