NOTICE: The new site is now moved to the original www.loverslab.com URL. The site may be up and down during this transition and there is still some tweaks and setup going on, so you may experience the occasional broken link, visual oddity, and other such errors. 

If you notice anything any particular that's broken or have any suggestions or comments, please post them in the following thread: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/87535-new-site-questions-comments-and-suggestions/

The old site will remain accessible for the next week via the URL http://old.loverslab.com

Sign in to follow this  
CPU

SexTec (SexLab, SexOut, etc.) - Container thread

As I understand it, the main missing part so far is the ability to dynamically add animations to the game. It is possible to do it via .esm files, but the actual binding/registration of the animations doesn't seem to allow adding them from other children mods (like what SLAL does).

Personally I consider that a plus. I never liked having to install two dozen (partially redundant) animation packs. I'd rather install ONE framework with ALL the animations in ONE pack and customize which ones I want THERE.

At that point, it's more of a regular mod than a framework.

As I understand it, the main missing part so far is the ability to dynamically add animations to the game. It is possible to do it via .esm files, but the actual binding/registration of the animations doesn't seem to allow adding them from other children mods (like what SLAL does).

Personally I consider that a plus. I never liked having to install two dozen (partially redundant) animation packs. I'd rather install ONE framework with ALL the animations in ONE pack and customize which ones I want THERE.

Matter of perspective of what you believe should be a part of the API and what 3rd party mods should add and modify. Animations being separate from the base framework mod serves no tangible purpose I can see, but just creates additional complexity for the user having to collect/install all these mods.

id would like to try, and learn about making mods and animation etc... but i'm a newbie and need to learn about it 

I am the same. Also, it's a bit frightening to get into because you are competing with people who have been modding for years.

Matter of perspective of what you believe should be a part of the API and what 3rd party mods should add and modify. Animations being separate from the base framework mod serves no tangible purpose I can see, but just creates additional complexity for the user having to collect/install all these mods.

I think the purpose is that it eliminates the need for the framework authors to hard code animations every time a separate modder makes one. They would have to get into the business of deciding which animations to add and which not, etc.

If it loads them dynamically, it lessens the dependency.

id would like to try, and learn about making mods and animation etc... but i'm a newbie and need to learn about it 

I am the same. Also, it's a bit frightening to get into because you are competing with people who have been modding for years.

For modding in general, you should start by learning about how the CreationKit works. There are many tutorials about that around.

For animation, look up "0Sex". The mod author wrote a series of animation tutorials that were helpful for me.

I can't speak for others. But, I'm pretty sure that nobody views it as a competition. Just about any addition is welcome and a lot of people will offer help.

I wonder... is it possible to make a framework that uses the crafting system for now?

Kind of like, enter into a build menu sort of thing but instead of buildings and markers, you can trigger animations, scenarios, etc... It already uses script injection, so modders could inject their stuff in and so on.

I'm not a modder, and I very well could be spouting nonsense here, but it was just an idea I was thinking of.

I think the purpose is that it eliminates the need for the framework authors to hard code animations every time a separate modder makes one. They would have to get into the business of deciding which animations to add and which not, etc.

That's called "quality control" ;)

Also, experience with Skyrim has shown that there will be less than a handful of people making animations, so that little downside isn't really a problem. Honestly, in life in general, many problems people see are in reality much smaller than they think. The price we pay for waiting for the perfect tools to make the perfect framework with, is having no framework at all in the long, long meantime. I guess I am just a type who can live with a 85% good solution. It doesn't always have to be perfect. Again...my two cents.

Also, experience with Skyrim has shown that there will be less than a handful of people making animations, so that little downside isn't really a problem. Honestly, in life in general, many problems people see are in reality much smaller than they think. The price we pay for waiting for the perfect tools to make the perfect framework with, is having no framework at all in the long, long meantime. I guess I am just a type who can live with a 85% good solution. It doesn't always have to be perfect. Again...my two cents.

Even without a framework there was always a modder who created prostitution mods on nexus also for skyrim before there even where sexlab there where other framework who was doing the same in a limited event. maybe something like that needs to be started once the real framework comes we could always do a switch.

Even without a framework there was always a modder who created prostitution mods on nexus also for skyrim before there even where sexlab there where other framework who was doing the same in a limited event. maybe something like that needs to be started once the real framework comes we could always do a switch.

That's the thing though. There's already AP out for FO4 since a few months already, and it still works. What would the benefit of copying AP be ?

SexLab is way more than a simple sex mod. It's a framework, and it would be expected of the SexTec framework to hold the same base functionalities and to improve on the way it's done.

I'm not sure if SexLab began before FNIS/SKSE. What's known about SexTec is that while it won't require a FNIS-like solution, it should rely more on the engine to hook the animations so F4SE is a given for a perfect mod.

I hear you, and to a certain degree I agree with you. SexTec could be done with compromises, to make a first version and not rely on tools that may come out who-knows-when. Several others have actually a similar point of view, and this was actually somewhat the idea behind the "Mini" version CPU talked about.

Now, it depends what compromises need to be made for SexTec to still work, and to still be SexTec. The "mini" version wouldn't be at all what SexTec needs to be, and barely enough to build anything on top of it. SexTec was planning to go way further than SexLab did originally, with a lot of "broken" stuff from SexLab redone without worrying about keeping compatibility and more work done on the "modules" aspect of the framework. And I'm not sure if going without that, even for a first version, would be better or worse than having nothing.

i think that just add simple sex animation would be great and everyone would love it...

its true that sextec without fo4se will be limited, but why not just add some sex animation mod? till you get youre full script extender?

and the things i want to learn is to make nice sexy outfit and armour, i think there is a lack of it in fo4 x)

And I'm not sure if going without that, even for a first version, would be better or worse than having nothing.

Personally? I know the world is telling people to always aim high and shoot for the stars. The realist knows that the stars are out of reach for the foreseeable future We don't even know how to make it to Mars.

And I'm not sure if going without that, even for a first version, would be better or worse than having nothing.

Personally? I know the world is telling people to always aim high and shoot for the stars. The realist knows that the stars are out of reach for the foreseeable future We don't even know how to make it to Mars.

A nasa ship perhaps? :P

A nasa ship perhaps? :P

They are certainly going to try, will it work, well, we will find that out when they do it, I hope it works we need space travel the resources of our world WILL run out sooner or later.  I would rather there are other sources for them before that happens, even if that is going to happen 100-200 years in the future, better to start paying the bill now in smaller bits rather than having it all in one big chunk later.

It was much easier for the world in the 60's and 70's to say "Hey lets go to the moon, make it happen", now its too expensive, hard or dangerous, if the beancounters and directors can't see a 2year payback on it, its probably not going to happen :P

I hear you. That makes sense from the community-at-large perspective. I agree that there is a market for an 85% solution.

But, people making things for free isn't necessarily driven by market interest. Generally, I think that the benchmark a mod idea has to pass before an author is motivated to build it is that it's something that doesn't already exist that they would be interested in using themselves.

I can't speak for other mod authors. But, for me, an 85% good adult mod is probably behind where Sexlab is at in Skyrim. And I've already seen that. Could fire it up again any time. I can't justify the time it would take to build out a new mod only to have something that is roughly the same as what is already available.

i'm really waiting  this project, but at this point i'm afraid that it will be abandoned...

i wish you good luck anyway

F4SE may be release in a couple months. Patience is key.

That's what they said 2 months ago. I hate to say it, but I think F4SE is gonna be vaporware. This is the 19th of March, and we were supposed to get it, but we didn't, we got told another 2 months.

If we want F4SE, we're gonna hafta farm it out to some other programmer to work on it.

:angry:

i'm really waiting  this project, but at this point i'm afraid that it will be abandoned...

i wish you good luck anyway

F4SE may be release in a couple months. Patience is key.

That's what they said 2 months ago. I hate to say it, but I think F4SE is gonna be vaporware. This is the 19th of March, and we were supposed to get it, but we didn't, we got told another 2 months.

If we want F4SE, we're gonna hafta farm it out to some other programmer to work on it.

:angry:

Or it's gonna be A E S T H E T I C :P

Bethesda surely will deliever, maybe when the game population decrease they will so they can keep people coming back.

If they released it too fast, it would be boring. Just my input and guesses.

i think that just add simple sex animation would be great and everyone would love it...

Already been done, dude. The difference between Crazy's mod and Sextec is that anybody who wants to add onto Crazy's mod has to build within; whereas Sextec is just the framework that people can add different pieces and parts to. Basically Crazy's solution is like Skyrim's armor system: it's all or nothing, while Sextec will be like a Power Armor frame people can attach their own pieces to.

Bethesda surely will deliever, maybe when the game population decrease they will so they can keep people coming back.

Bethesda isn't working on F4SE.

There's a probably a fair amount could be done by spawning one of Crazy's naughty mats under the player's feet and another one right next to it, and then having the actors just activate them like any other activator.

SexLab it isn't, but if all you want is to add a little nookie to a quest or a scene, it should be sufficient.

Making sure one of the mats doesn't position itself halfway through a wall might be a pain. Then again, SexLab had similar problems, so not necessarily a show-stopper.

Isn't F4SE already finished?

http://f4se.silverlock.org/

They started working on it a while ago, but basically abandoned it when SSE launched. The current version 0.3 is lacking most of the API functions SKSE had.

Anyone knows why sse got the priority? Is it because fallout 4 still has no final version released?

I've bought new video card, installed FO4, played it around 20-30 minutes and... dropped it. I cannot take seriously this game without an opportunity to fuck someone in it. Shit...

Anyone knows why sse got the priority? Is it because fallout 4 still has no final version released?

No, there's a whole thread on that somewhere.........