Paradise Halls - Home Sweet Home (SE/LE)

• 3 weeks later...

A few years back, I encountered a problem where PAH-AYGAS and PAH-HSH wont show their MCM.

back then, I couldnt find out the source of the problem, and I left few confusing messages on this topic.

Now I think I know a bit more about the source of the problems. ON SSE.

basically, game failed to load some scripts. If you try to edit the scripts in CK and it shows error fail to load script, then the same scripts are likely to be broken In-Game.
My guess is, if you dont have EVERY SINGLE optional plugin installed, then scripts break due to missing info.

for HSH, scripts basically has Heretical Resources as hard requirement, and installing that fixed some problems.

for AYGAS, honestly I have no idea what happened. BUT I recompiled a few scripts (and I removed Interactive bdsm and tortureframework) and that fixed the problem

Hey love this mod so far! I'm having two small issues:

when I place the markers in the hearthfire homes I made the basement as the cell and wanted to place the home and bedroom markers in the first floor and second floor, which are a different interior cell. This seemed to work, but when I tell the strongbox to "hide markers" the markers in the first floor are still there when I load the cell.

also I saw in the features that slaves will follow me around and dance for me, etc. Do they do that automatically? When I click the option "attend me, slave" the options seem to be about what cell they hang out in.

Thanks!

Edited by Martianman
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2022 at 12:34 PM, Martianman said:

Hey love this mod so far! I'm having two small issues:

when I place the markers in the hearthfire homes I made the basement as the cell and wanted to place the home and bedroom markers in the first floor and second floor, which are a different interior cell. This seemed to work, but when I tell the strongbox to "hide markers" the markers in the first floor are still there when I load the cell.

also I saw in the features that slaves will follow me around and dance for me, etc. Do they do that automatically? When I click the option "attend me, slave" the options seem to be about what cell they hang out in.

Thanks!

I do think think that will work as the basement is a different cell to the first floor (as in you have a loading screen in between) 

On 9/18/2022 at 10:32 PM, jgdlzv5 said:

Does anyone know how to raise the level of respect of a slave?

I find that whipping can raise submission.

How can I raise slave's respect?

When they call you wrong name you can use the "Slave address me correctly" option that helps, or since we in HSH thread, you can get other slaves with higher respect to train them up. 

Hi!

After installing this mod I get LOOT warning about SkyUI_SE. It says that smth (and I know it's HSH) overwrites script/ski_playerloadgamealias.pex. Although MO2 doesn't show any overwrites from HSH. Is it bad? Or I should just ignore it?

I'm on AE .353, SkyUI 5.2 and HSH is 1.26 SSE. It doesn't matter if choose any patches in HSH FOMOD or not, I get this warning anyway.

PS

Should I install Aroused Redux patch if I have OSL Aroused?

On 10/2/2020 at 10:44 AM, tinkerbelle said:

haven't seen this problem myself, however, I rarely tell the taskmistress to do any particular training.  I use the "Train Everything" option (Not sure of the label).  Slaves with combat training will eventually start training slaves with lower combat values (including zero).  Entering a HomeSweetHome home will only CTD if I have a lot of slaves there.  I think, for me, under 20 slaves and it runs fairly smoothly.

How do I change Taskmistresses? Mine won't do anything now.

Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked in the comments but we have 163 pages here. I didn't see much about slave/follower conflict written in the description for this mod, nor PAHE.

My question is basically can followers later be turned into slaves? If so, i'm guessing to do that you just smack them with an axe until they kneel and trigger the dialogue?

I've been testing this mod out some on a save with PAHE: HSH, Defeat, and Nether's Follower Framework all active. I'm trying to figure out which mods I do and don't need to say - roleplay as a male dunmer mage who takes on a female apprentice and later punishes her by turning her into a slave. That kinda thing.

So far I've tested out the slave thing on bandits. Seems like if I get HSH to enslave the bandit instead of using defeat options the bandit dies, and then resurrects a knew version of itself as a slave. (weird but I can live with that) My first impression is a confusing amount of dialogue options with unknown outcomes. And some of that might be the fault of having Defeat and NFF, i'm not sure. Seems like I can give slaves the cuffs and collar through the inventory management (is that how it's intended to work?) One appears as a purple object almost like it's missing a texture but the collar works. I can tie them up but they can't walk while tied so that's not helpful unless we're playing at home. If I tell a slave to strip, various other unrelated dialogue options may make their outfit reappear back on them, even if i've stolen it from them lol.

My first quest was to deliver slaves to mines and such. I kept fast traveling to Dawnstar because there's one right there. Let me tell you, if that imperial is walking around while you're trying to tell him you have a slave to turn in.. it's a tough experience. I didn't get a whip yet but i'm looking forward to seeing how that works.

So question, is the above experience pretty much how it goes? Or would I be seeing issues like these because of load order or conflicts with the latest DD assets, integration, etc, NNF and Baka's Defeat?

My main draw to this mod is finally establishing a base and having one or two slaves so if the slave acquisition process is clunky i'm not too worried about it. I'll mainly just be managing a couple slaves when I get back from adventures. Would love to know what mod combinations people general use to make the experience great, but not clutter dialogue options. Thanks for any info!

Edited by Crabrangooned
11 hours ago, Crabrangooned said:

Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked in the comments but we have 163 pages here. I didn't see much about slave/follower conflict written in the description for this mod, nor PAHE.

My question is basically can followers later be turned into slaves? If so, i'm guessing to do that you just smack them with an axe until they kneel and trigger the dialogue?

I've been testing this mod out some on a save with PAHE: HSH, Defeat, and Nether's Follower Framework all active. I'm trying to figure out which mods I do and don't need to say - roleplay as a male dunmer mage who takes on a female apprentice and later punishes her by turning her into a slave. That kinda thing.

So far I've tested out the slave thing on bandits. Seems like if I get HSH to enslave the bandit instead of using defeat options the bandit dies, and then resurrects a knew version of itself as a slave. (weird but I can live with that) My first impression is a confusing amount of dialogue options with unknown outcomes. And some of that might be the fault of having Defeat and NFF, i'm not sure. Seems like I can give slaves the cuffs and collar through the inventory management (is that how it's intended to work?) One appears as a purple object almost like it's missing a texture but the collar works. I can tie them up but they can't walk while tied so that's not helpful unless we're playing at home. If I tell a slave to strip, various other unrelated dialogue options may make their outfit reappear back on them, even if i've stolen it from them lol.

My first quest was to deliver slaves to mines and such. I kept fast traveling to Dawnstar because there's one right there. Let me tell you, if that imperial is walking around while you're trying to tell him you have a slave to turn in.. it's a tough experience. I didn't get a whip yet but i'm looking forward to seeing how that works.

So question, is the above experience pretty much how it goes? Or would I be seeing issues like these because of load order or conflicts with the latest DD assets, integration, etc, NNF and Baka's Defeat?

My main draw to this mod is finally establishing a base and having one or two slaves so if the slave acquisition process is clunky i'm not too worried about it. I'll mainly just be managing a couple slaves when I get back from adventures. Would love to know what mod combinations people general use to make the experience great, but not clutter dialogue options. Thanks for any info!

Just about any NPC can be made into a slave.  The bigger question is should you do that?  NPCs with quests associated with them should not be enslaved until at least all their quest related things are done.  Generic followers are good slave material.  Special followers aren't good slave material.  I would avoid enslaving unique followers, I'm having a senior moment and can't remember names, Vidja? That buxom dancer NPC.  Those are some NPCs you don't want to enslave.  I've enslaved NPCs like, darn, the gal who sits on the Solitude throne.  Just don't try running the civil war quests.  Immersive Wenches can be enslaved, but the combat training gets a little messy.

When you enslave an NPC, they do die, then come back as a new NPC.  At that point, tell them they are a slave.  One dialogue option is to manage their inventory.  I personally strip them of everything, then give them a collar of leashing, wrist shackles and ankle shackles.  For some I give piercings or plugs.  There is a Paradise Halls Extended (PaHE) addon for Farengar's study which provides some whips, collars of leashing and some shackles, free for the taking.  I don't know why the collar you used is missing its texture.  Zap 7 or 8 and Devious Devices collars work.  Zap 9 might work, but it sounds like there are still a few minor bugs.  Stripping them from the get-go, I don't see them suddenly wearing clothes.  Occasionally they'll sprout shoes, I just take them off with the dialouge, "You're going to wear this" or is it, "I need to give you some things" (you can also take things with this).

"You need to be punished" is the dialouge line mainly to train submission.  The dialogue line, "OK, Slave" is the other main PaHE line.  From there you can train them for respect, tell them they'll be fighting for you, train them for sexual activities and so on.  The dialogues available will change as you train them.  Leaving a PaHE slave tied will automatically train them for submission and posing.  If you told them they'll be fighting for you, it also trains them for combat ... auto-magickly, no logic needed.

It sounds like you have the Home Sweet Home (HSH) mod, a good addon to PaHE. and you have the quest enabled.  I did that quest a couple of times, but prefer to have it off.  After handing in some slaves to the guards at the mines, you'll be chased down by someone and the quest will continue.  Eventually you'll end up at a tavern not far from Ivarsted and you can do more slaver activities freely.  Yep, the guards moving around was only one reason I turned off that quest.

The PaHE forums has some discussions about the meaning of all the dialogues, good luck finding them.  Tying them up at home with iron shackles is a good option to keep them in place while you go adventuring (or gathering more slaves, depending on your computer, for a powerful rig, don't keep more than about 20 at any single place.  Less for mediocre machines).  The collar of leashing and shackles are good options to keep them from running away, otherwise they will eventually try to run.

With HSH you can train one slave and then have that trained slave train another.  Eventually you can make one of the trained slaves a Taskmaster who can be told to have the slaves train each other.  All so you can go adventuring and capture more slaves, until your computer melts from all the scripting going on.  LOL

And You Get A Slave (AYGAS) is another good mod to improve the slaver experience.  With this mod, you can sell slaves, eventually you can buy them, have them enter into fights and gamble on them, have them prostitute themselves in cities and towns.

13 hours ago, Crabrangooned said:

yes and no, basically scripted followers are really bad subjects for enslavement(as in high probability for problems or conflicts to occur). in addition its also suggested to dismiss the follower before enslaving them and some follower frameworks keep the npc scripted even after dismissal. since its hard to tell which follower frameworks are safe to enslave after dismissal, its sometimes recommended to only enslave eligible followers that haven't been previous followers, but this problem is more rare or more commonly not a big deal

43 minutes ago, tinkerbelle said:

Stripping them from the get-go, I don't see them suddenly wearing clothes. 

13 hours ago, Crabrangooned said:

If I tell a slave to strip, various other unrelated dialogue options may make their outfit reappear back on them, even if i've stolen it from them lol.

the reason for this behavior in current versions of pahe is related to eliminating the "naked bandit bug" aptly named for the bandit clones of your slaves that later spawn as naked. basically the naked bandit bug comes from applying a naked outfit to slaves to clear them of their old bandit outfit, but not giving them the naked outfit allows the slave to rewear their old outfit without it appearing as an object to remove from inventory.

in current versions of pahe the naked outfit is now optional so the experienced slaver can choose which bug is more livable. the new default mcm setting is "uniques only" so only uniques get the naked outfit applied during enslavement. exceptions to that setting can also be made by telling the slave to "strip and set your outfit"

Thanks for the info guys! My first test subject was a generic necromancer and they kept putting on their clothes continuously, which was probably my greatest annoyance. I'll have to play around with the settings as I get how that would affect the naked generation of other npcs of the same type.

I like to create my own followers and load them in with Proteus so I can control exactly what they look like. So they aren't scripted or essential or important otherwise. I have them as followers initially, was just curious if I wanted to make them a slave what the cleanest way to do that would be. I guess I'll try dismissing them and then attacking them. If that creates issues because they were once a follower I can also just remove the npc and generate a copy and begin the slave process fresh.

Ah, one other question - Do you guys have any recommendations for good player homes with basements or cages or anything? I was initially going to use a purchased home in one of the holds like Breezehome, Honeyside, etc and use placeeablestatics to modify the look but I've come to find the basements in most hearthfires homes are very terribly lit lighting-wise. Would love to find a player home mod that's more of a fort or tower with a well lit room for cages and DD stuff.

Edited by Crabrangooned
10 hours ago, Crabrangooned said:

Thanks for the info guys! My first test subject was a generic necromancer and they kept putting on their clothes continuously, which was probably my greatest annoyance. I'll have to play around with the settings as I get how that would affect the naked generation of other npcs of the same type.

I like to create my own followers and load them in with Proteus so I can control exactly what they look like. So they aren't scripted or essential or important otherwise. I have them as followers initially, was just curious if I wanted to make them a slave what the cleanest way to do that would be. I guess I'll try dismissing them and then attacking them. If that creates issues because they were once a follower I can also just remove the npc and generate a copy and begin the slave process fresh.

Ah, one other question - Do you guys have any recommendations for good player homes with basements or cages or anything? I was initially going to use a purchased home in one of the holds like Breezehome, Honeyside, etc and use placeeablestatics to modify the look but I've come to find the basements in most hearthfires homes are very terribly lit lighting-wise. Would love to find a player home mod that's more of a fort or tower with a well lit room for cages and DD stuff.

Hi I actually did a post on the PAHE thread with homes I have found that work rather well, all depends how big you want it..

20 hours ago, Crabrangooned said:

I like The Dungeon.  Well lit (perhaps, too well), room for all sorts of toys for your slaves to enjoy, at least for you to enjoy your slaves.  It's sparsely decorated, the intention being that a player would decorate it as they wish.

Oddly, The Dungeon thinks it's in Windhelm space, while the entrance is just under the last bridge to Whiterun.

On 10/2/2022 at 10:10 PM, Crabrangooned said:

I enslaved a few followers and it worked just fine! What I normally do is to tell them to do something and then I select the bed. This allows you to enslave them while they are sleeping. It works even if they don't die, you just have to wait for their injured animation where they fall down before talking with them, so it works regardless if they are essential or not.

Something I noticed that is an odd thing is when you use a follower framework like AFT, sometimes the mechanics for PAHE aren't fully available, like if you wanted to whip a slave sometimes it doesn't truly register because AFT's features make it so your followers don't respond to friendly fire. I fixed this by dismissing all followers and resetting AFT. Jordis the Swordmaiden was having this problem and I used the dismiss feature from AFT and it fixed the registration process for the obedience training and she used the proper animations of covering her head and crouching like the non-follower slaves do during whipping, etc. 

I'm running defeat, PAHE my home is your home, PAHE and You get a slave, and Zaz animations and it seems to work out fine. As a rule I just avoid using the defeat mechanic because PAHE and you get a slave (I think or might just be the base PAHE mod) comes with a mark option which allows you to enslave when the enemy gets knocked down, etc. I think using the defeat mechanic to do this instead could make things clunky, but I did get it to work the one time I tried it.

I'm having a little annoying issue I'm hoping you guys might be able to help with. I notice when I have sex with a slave that if they are wearing cuffs that my animation is limited to a single type under the "Zap" category. I use the mod sexlab tools which allows you to select the animation you want the player or npcs to use, and when I try to look at the list there is only one available. I assumed this is part of the Zaz animations or one of the PAHE mods, but even after unticking the "only use restricted animations" or whatever it still only does the Zap animation. If the slave has ankle cuffs or a neck collar then its fine, it seems to only have the limited one animation for when they are wearing wrist cuffs. Does anyone know the fix that allows me to use all the animations available even if the slave is wearing wrist cuffs?

7 minutes ago, Martianman686 said:

I'm having a little annoying issue I'm hoping you guys might be able to help with. I notice when I have sex with a slave that if they are wearing cuffs that my animation is limited to a single type under the "Zap" category. I use the mod sexlab tools which allows you to select the animation you want the player or npcs to use, and when I try to look at the list there is only one available. I assumed this is part of the Zaz animations or one of the PAHE mods, but even after unticking the "only use restricted animations" or whatever it still only does the Zap animation. If the slave has ankle cuffs or a neck collar then its fine, it seems to only have the limited one animation for when they are wearing wrist cuffs. Does anyone know the fix that allows me to use all the animations available even if the slave is wearing wrist cuffs?

ZAP is wacky in every mod that uses it.