Paradise Halls - Home Sweet Home (SE/LE)

the moment your slaves did anything beyond using a whipe they where bugged

do not train ones who are naturaly enimes or they tend to use real weapons. so say u enslaved a guard and a bandit dont have one train the ohter and such or then can when u zone in start fighting each other for real.

8 hours ago, sidfu said:

the moment your slaves did anything beyond using a whipe they where bugged

do not train ones who are naturaly enimes or they tend to use real weapons. so say u enslaved a guard and a bandit dont have one train the ohter and such or then can when u zone in start fighting each other for real.

I'm afraid that it goes farther than that. NPCs who can use magic (trainer and trainee) will. It would be handy if Musje could just drain all the magicka from HSH slaves (allowing it to regenerate once the slave was removed). Further, they also use any weapon that they can get their hands on. I can't begin to remember all the times that slaves have taken weapons that I've had on display to use during training sessions. It would be nice if they were limited to a single weapon apiece like the mace "pit fights" in AYGAS. 

I'm not sure whether it's the underlying Paradise Halls mod or Home Sweet Home, but after several "new game" plays I'm noticing that the occasional bandit or mage has no clothes. I figured that when I make a slave I'm making a clone, and maybe the same underlying NPC is affected. But when I made a slave of a Dunmer cryomancer, I found an Orc in Mistwatch keep was naked. (I pickpocked him and saw that he did own armor). Just a little puzzled. More of a humorous quirk. (Hey, it's Lovers Lab, so I'm not complaining here.)

4 hours ago, TheRightDoorIsNotTheLeft said:

I'm not sure whether it's the underlying Paradise Halls mod or Home Sweet Home, but after several "new game" plays I'm noticing that the occasional bandit or mage has no clothes. I figured that when I make a slave I'm making a clone, and maybe the same underlying NPC is affected. But when I made a slave of a Dunmer cryomancer, I found an Orc in Mistwatch keep was naked. (I pickpocked him and saw that he did own armor). Just a little puzzled. More of a humorous quirk. (Hey, it's Lovers Lab, so I'm not complaining here.)

That is a known effect of the base Paradise Halls Reborn mod. In fact, I believe one of the most recent posts on that thread addresses this issue.

9 hours ago, TheRightDoorIsNotTheLeft said:

And that's why I only enslave unique npcs who are supposed to die like Alva in Morthal or Severin women in Solstheim, etc

14 minutes ago, サマエル said:

And that's why I only enslave unique npcs who are supposed to die like Alva in Morthal or Severin women in Solstheim, etc

I appreciate your approach. Mine is a little different. I don't enslave anyone I might need later (NPCs in quests, followers, etc.). I don't enslave anyone in a location (dungeon, mine, fort, etc.) that I might have to return to. The exception to this are the forts that are controlled by bandits or rogue wizards since, when the fort is cleared, they are replaced with Imperials or Stormcloaks anyway. I don't mind having the occasional Thalmor, Vigilant, Thief, etc. (from Wilderness Encounters) show up naked so I don't hesitate to enslave them. My favorites though are from those locations where you have little or no chance of returning. My earliest slaves, for instance, tend to come from Dustman's Cairn (Companions Quest) since there is virtually no chance that I'll ever return there (i never have so far). I can usually get three female slaves from there easy early in the game. Another popular spot for me is Illinalta's Deep (College of Winterhold Quest). Again, no chance that I'll go back and I can usually get a few more female slaves.

On 7/27/2020 at 3:51 PM, donkeywho said:

This is almost certainly my being ignorant, stupid, or maybe even more likely, both

If one sets up a camp, and then tasks a follower to guard it, do you have to tell the follower to 'wait' first, before setting them as camp guard?  In particular, when using a follower management mod?  (I use iAFT)

Queried because having set up a camp just outside The Restless Hunter, the guard stayed in situ for about 2 or 3 min, then bunked off to catch up with my PC and other followers, giving me a message that the camp was unguarded, and the bandit that Faendal was training hard - or hard training? - bugged out completely and had to be sent off to her ethereal doom

Any advice would be welcome

any aft version used would need to tell the follower to stay before giving it a command using hsh

On 7/27/2020 at 7:53 PM, sidfu said:

go to camp. dismiss them then askthem to watch. fyi they will only watch camp for aorund 1 day then go home. train up some slaves to watch camp first

with this in mind i would say let the follower train a slave for a day while the player trains a different slave then swap slaves with the follower until the slave is trained enough to watch camp

On 7/28/2020 at 7:50 PM, TheRightDoorIsNotTheLeft said:

Disclaimer -- I am talking strictly about Skryim Special Edition in this post.

I've gotten spoiled by Amazing Follower Tweaks (AFT), in particular (a) the ability to make followers move behind you when blocking you in a door-frame or narrow hallway, and (b) the ability to make followers unkillable. The PAH slaves, however, do not appear to have these two wonderful tweaks. If I have AFT installed, is there a way to have my "hit the road" slaves to have these same tweaks? Before taking the step of reverse-engineering AFT, PAHE, and PAH-Home Sweet Home and figuring out how to make this happen, I was hoping that there was a far easier way to reach this objective (i.e., an ini tweak or another existing mod).

pahe is already designed for unkillable slaves so i can't ascertain whether your bug comes from sse or another mod you've added

3 hours ago, Psalam said:

I don't enslave anyone in a location that I might have to return to. The exception to this are the forts that are controlled by bandits or rogue wizards since, when the fort is cleared, they are replaced with Imperials or Stormcloaks anyway. My earliest slaves, for instance, tend to come from Dustman's Cairn since there is virtually no chance that I'll ever return there. Another popular spot for me is Illinalta's Deep. Again, no chance that I'll go back and I can usually get a few more female slaves.

That's certainly a nice idea and that's one of the things I had tried in the beginning when I start using PAHE/HSH but the problem is not the place, the problem is the NPC list. In all places like Duntsman's Cairn and Illinata's Deep are NPCs with the same ID that will appear in another different locations. My approach is founded in the idea of enslave those unique npcs that fight the dragonborn during some quest, a target quest enemie or not, because when you enslave the objective that must die the quest immediately achieve the accomplished status. As I said, some my favorite (female) targets are the Severin women, The Imperial Captain in Hegel, Laelette,  Shavari, Minorne, Eisa Blackthorn, Umana, Uaile, Dark Brotherhood women (if I decide to destroy the DB), Bujold the Unworthy (or both Thirsk Mead Hall women if you ally with rieklings), etc. and there's a lot of men for enslave too. I always "collect" like 25 female slaves and that's more than enough for me ?

9 hours ago, AxarT said:

In which file are the values for changing the training of a slave written? There is a slider in the menu for adjusting the slave's learning rate (how much experience the slave gets from punishment) So I would really like to either be able to set this value myself or something in the form of a patch with an instant pumping spell. If you don't think of adding a patch like this. please tell me where can I myself prescribe the value I need to specific slaves? (It often happens that with new mods it is necessary or desirable to start the game anew and it takes a lot of time in real life. Thanks.

If you can sort that out you will be far ahead of the rest of us. That being said, your question is better asked on the Paradise Halls Reborn thread since that is the mod that lays down the rules by which HSH and AYGAS have to work.

5 hours ago, Psalam said:

If you can sort that out you will be far ahead of the rest of us. That being said, your question is better asked on the Paradise Halls Reborn thread since that is the mod that lays down the rules by which HSH and AYGAS have to work.

it was asked in pahe but he or she is looking to adjust the speed a slave trains other slaves:

On 7/10/2020 at 1:34 PM, AxarT said:

I would like for the slaves to learn faster. even with 90+ skills, they train other slaves for a long time. where can i change the real value of severity perscentage in ssedit creationkit? what can I find. what can I change?

The only downside I experience in setting up a house cell in a Hearthfire home is that you have to leave one room unfurnished in order to place the cell. When you don't have all rooms in the home fully furnished, you get random skeever infestations in the cellar. Solitude and Windhelm have larger homes without skeever infestations, but the layout isn't exactly suitable for slave training or use as a brothel. I also have SLEN installed, so sex parties are also cramped with lots of collision problems.  In Skyrim SE, can anyone recommend a suitable mod I can use that can serve as a house slave home -- that will work with Home Sweet Home?

I re-read the instructions on page one and I only see instructions on using a "house cell token". What do you mean by "read one"?

I'll go out on a limb and suggest that sidfu was reiterating the point made in button item one.  After placing a house cell token, one can remove the cage using the lockbox functions.  I have been doing this as I found that the cages tend to interfere with NPC pathing  in my games.

23 hours ago, Psalam said:

...Paradise Halls Reborn ... is the mod that lays down the rules by which HSH and AYGAS have to work.

as examples that pahe doesn't govern training in home sweet home, the training speeds aren't the same as pahe. new slaves or fresh caught slaves train quicker from pahe. around 70 to 80 might train the same in both and above 85 trains faster from home sweet home except for the rare case of disrespectful slave stuck disrespectful upto 100

this is the advantage to training in home sweet home:

On 8/10/2020 at 2:17 AM, sidfu said:

...... a training slider isnt needed. slaves train while u gone and doing stuff so stop standing there watching and go play.

7 hours ago, tinkerbelle said:

I'll go out on a limb and suggest that sidfu was reiterating the point made in button item one.  After placing a house cell token, one can remove the cage using the lockbox functions.  I have been doing this as I found that the cages tend to interfere with NPC pathing  in my games.

I'll have to try removing the cell. I tried it before, and if I remember correctly, it warned me that it would wipe away everything (including house boundaries). I'll have to play around with it some more. Sorry if I seem dense, but some of the mechanics (like this) aren't obvious to me.

I'll have to try removing the cell. I tried it before, and if I remember correctly, it warned me that it would wipe away everything (including house boundaries). I'll have to play around with it some more. Sorry if I seem dense, but some of the mechanics (like this) aren't obvious to me.

The only warning should be that you can't put it (the slave cell) back once you've made it disappear. The box remains as do all it's other functions.

Hey,

I've got a problem with the auction. I delivered 3 slaves for the quest to start an auction at midnight. So at midnight a bunch of people go downstairs and go sit on the chairs, pardo go stand behind the auction block and a slave that i brought is being presented. But that's it. There is no bidding happening or something. So I waited a couple of minutes but still nothing is happening. Anyone has an idea of why this is? thanks 

18 minutes ago, TaCo1234567890 said:

Hey,

I've got a problem with the auction. I delivered 3 slaves for the quest to start an auction at midnight. So at midnight a bunch of people go downstairs and go sit on the chairs, pardo go stand behind the auction block and a slave that i brought is being presented. But that's it. There is no bidding happening or something. So I waited a couple of minutes but still nothing is happening. Anyone has an idea of why this is? thanks 

This sort of thing is not unusual. Just go back to your last save before going into the Restless Hunter and try again.

52 minutes ago, TaCo1234567890 said:

did that couple of times always the same problem, I'm playing on SSE btw 

This is from the modpage (where you downloaded the mod):

Known issues:

• During the slave auction (Noble Desires quest), slaves can get stuck in their cells and/or on the auction block. To fix: try waiting an hour, bump the slave a little. If everything fails, go to Pardo and tell him "you need to leave", then exit the inn. The quest stage will complete and you'll be able to see Pardo and collect your earnings.

Have you tried this?