Paradise Halls - Home Sweet Home (SE/LE)

1 hour ago, tinkerbelle said:

The "slave count" vs "total slaves allowed" idea would be a nice addition even if I had to occasionally look in the MCM for the numbers.  I'm always surprised when I hit the limit.

I've never seen my character teleported to the Whiterun gates after bidding and I play a lot of Skyrim.  I suspect something else is happening there, perhaps multi-use of the enter key or the general thing of one mod interfering with another.

Actually, it only happened once, seemed at the very end of the animation, it tossed me back, almost as if the animation needs a marker to exit at, with that marker being invalid, it would toss me back to the entrance.  Kind of like the orbital sexlab sex scene out near Whiterun's giant camp, the marker to start the sex scene failed to move to the proper location and you went to 0,0,0 in the world space.

GuruSR.

On 5/24/2020 at 12:36 AM, donkeywho said:

I want to cry ..... or laugh ... or both

I'll settle for ? ?

More seriously, I hate to think how many hours I have actually spent trying to make those work properly ..... :flushed:

Probably nothing compared to the time I spent making the scritps work in the first place :) 

On 5/24/2020 at 5:51 PM, GuruSR said:

Actually, they still had it on them (inventory), didn't lose it, but possibly during sex scenes with other slaves being, well, told they could beforehand, caused them to unequip them.  Is there some sort of flag being used to denote they're "someone else's slave"?  The way you see who owns the slave, wouldn't that be a better means of securing that situation?

Maybe :)  Or I can check for carried items rather than worn ones.  Like I said, I hate to touch the auction code ano more than I have to!

Yes, been to auctions before, I know the phrase, but saying it more than once isn't right per auction, it is used to "start" an auction, not ask again and again for it, perhaps check into why he repeats so much.

It's something of a limitation of the engine. We can't make NPCs say anything we want, it has to be precooked sentences (inserting numbers or names only works in player responses). So I made a dialogue line for every possible amount, horrible as that sounds. The line is used to open a bid or continue it.

Any chance of getting a total slave count/max slaves allowed, so we can know when we're reaching our "limit of slaves"., sometimes I go to add a slave and it says there is no room for more.  With my Friendly Vampires mod, it checks a slot ID using GetVMQuestVariable and the actual adding of a vampire follower vanishes if there are no slots available.  (Basically the mod checks the slots to make sure none have died, if so, empties it, if it is empty and no "open" slot is available, that variable being used by GetVMQuestVariable is set to a valid slot ID, when used, that variable is set to -1 and a routine then goes afterwards to find a new slot.  This reduces the chance to 0% of causing two imports of followers at once.)

I'lll add that.

EDIT:  With respect to bidding, not sure if the RH has the same issue, but AYGAS in Whiterun, every time I placed a bid, as soon as the animation ended, I was teleported to the front gates, so had to run back each time to bid again and again, not sure if that happens on HSH.

EDIT 2:  With respect to the auction, what I would recommend, since both have an auctioneer, both have 1 guard (slaver/guard) that gets the next item up for bidding and one guard (slaver/guard) that just "stands around as security?", you could try to make the AYGAS code "modular" so that the code could be plopped into HSH without having to do much changes to it (aside from adding the factions and animations), then if you make changes to one auction, it would be easier to port it into the other (aka, less work, better functionality).

I tried making the code modular, especially since a few others wanted something similar for their mods. But it turned into a colossal mess :) I code fast, not pretty.

4 hours ago, Musje said:

Probably nothing compared to the time I spent making the scritps work in the first place :) 

I'm sure that's absolutely true!  And your efforts on this, and those which I am sure that are being made behind the scenes on others' mods, are really very much appreciated

I do hope that I didn't sound unduly ungrateful.  That certainly wasn't my intent at all.  It's the beast in the engine that I want to eat alive  ?

On 5/26/2020 at 5:21 AM, Musje said:

Maybe :)  Or I can check for carried items rather than worn ones.  Like I said, I hate to touch the auction code ano more than I have to!

I know the woes of making stuff and rewriting stuff over again (waaaay too much, Unholy Darkness on Oblivion, when MM would "oh, use this version" when he wasn't supposed to be editing it, I had to cut, paste it into a text editor, grep to find the differences I had done when he was not supposed to be and pasting the whole mess back together and hoping it'd work), so I know your reluctance to do so.

It's something of a limitation of the engine. We can't make NPCs say anything we want, it has to be precooked sentences (inserting numbers or names only works in player responses). So I made a dialogue line for every possible amount, horrible as that sounds. The line is used to open a bid or continue it.

Not too sure if you're using scene counts to possibly limit messages or is that part all just scripted?

I'lll add that.

The GetVMQuestVariable part or the slave/max count or both?

I tried making the code modular, especially since a few others wanted something similar for their mods. But it turned into a colossal mess :) I code fast, not pretty.

Actually, most of any good code isn't pretty, a good chunk of some of my equation based functions can be one liners that skip on the limit of text per line.  But with that being said, I write a lot of functions to do certain things, so I build a database of functions, of which I reuse in other mods, makes for easier code work when I've "already made that".

GuruSR.

1 hour ago, JCPunch94 said:

How do you get the cells in the hearthfire homes I have the in Lakeview manor but I used alternate start and it was there at the start of my current playthrough 

If you are talking about the cell in the basement it is unique to Lakeview and is added by one of the plug-ins that come with this mod. I prefer using EinarrtheRed's Hearthfire Dungeon Addon

in lieu of the plug-in. Not only is it available in all three homes it is also more extensive. You can use both but there is really no good reason to do so.

1 hour ago, Psalam said:

If you are talking about the cell in the basement it is unique to Lakeview and is added by one of the plug-ins that come with this mod. I prefer using EinarrtheRed's Hearthfire Dungeon Addon

in lieu of the plug-in. Not only is it available in all three homes it is also more extensive. You can use both but there is really no good reason to do so.

Do you know if there is a sse port for this

@Musje

Hi again.  Heretic chains - I know you're probably sick of them, but please bear with me

@Pamatronic has kindly helped me with a query about those, how they work and what can go wrong between first successful attachment/detachment and subsequent application attempts

If I have understood your intro/thread comments on this, and the chained NPCs are indeed reattached on to chained NPCs every time that the PC enters the cell in which the chained NPCs were left, does his reply include anything that might affect your scripts' handling of these, in particular their detachment, on the PCs 'departure'?

As ever, just trying to be helpful  ?

PAHE's Fear and Anger training are not present, any chance of offering those as well in the HSH training?  And possibly offer us defaults for "default training schedules", so we can toggle on or off what we normally want, so we're not having to tell each Taskmaster the same thing over and over again.

Also, a way to stop the slave from posing, telling them to follow causes them to ski along after you while still posing.

GuruSR.

Trying to get the auction in the RH to happen, but it keeps getting interrupted by "insert person here" wanting to or having sex with "insert person here"...  Most of the time it is the people waiting for it to start, other times a group of slaves are at it.  One time the first slave was mine, near me, wandered right up to the stage and got into position but the auction stuck there because apparently it wasn't seen, so she kept going in and out of it in a loop.  Other times, the initial announcement (the long text about a slave for ...) is stuck and doesn't progress past that (probably the slaves having sex in the holding area).

GuruSR.

for auction make sure anything that causes auto action slike sex is disabled before u start. if anything gets in way of auctuon it can bug.

1. go to him and start auction
2. go to sleep till 2300(11pm)
3. make sure all companions are in wait updateirs or such. this includes slaves not going up for sale
4. go downstairs and sit and wait.
5. make sure to do lots of new saves so u can reload if it bugs

4 hours ago, sidfu said:

for auction make sure anything that causes auto action slike sex is disabled before u start. if anything gets in way of auctuon it can bug.

1. go to him and start auction
2. go to sleep till 2300(11pm)
3. make sure all companions are in wait updateirs or such. this includes slaves not going up for sale
4. go downstairs and sit and wait.
5. make sure to do lots of new saves so u can reload if it bugs

Sadly, turning SLEN off each time for an auction is kind of bizarre, I can't be the only one using it.  As for turning the sex off, could do that, but, it is part of this mod, so I figured it would automatically exclude bugging itself.

I actually got there and then came back at 11:40pm and went downstairs, seems to cause more grief *if* I go downstairs before 12:20am.  I reloaded from a prior save to asking him to start it (I did save a bunch of times), so I'll only take the absolute needed slave count to start one, as it also bugs out on a full load, plus you can't add/delete any auction amulets after asking to start one, also bugs it.

GuruSR.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, TheRightDoorIsNotTheLeft said:

"Train another slave who is not yet submissive enough."

My primary slave has a total submission of 80 and I don't have an option yet to train another slave. Does the total submission need to be higher?

I think the minimum submission level for a HomeSweetHome slave to train another slave is 60, but it might be 50.  Are both slaves listed in the HomeSweetHome slave list?

3 hours ago, sidfu said:

if they dont have the topic they nob trained enough.

20 minutes ago, TheRightDoorIsNotTheLeft said:

You mean in my MCM? Yes. I did disable quests. Maybe that was the problem.

From the modpage:

Training:
Slaves being trained will gain various skills, depending on the slave training them. If one slave is training another, they will play at BDSM as well, if the slave in training is accompanying the trainer, and if the trainer is left to their own devices ("Make yourself useful" command).

A slave must have at least 70 Submission to train other slaves. Those slaves will slowly be trained in Submission, Respect, Pose, and Sex up to the level of the trainer. Through dialogue you can order the trainer to focus the training exclusively on Sex, Submission or Combat, in which case the slave will be trained faster though only in the selected skill.

Slaves with less than 70 Submission can only be left in the cell or ordered to dress / undress.

29 minutes ago, Psalam said:

From the modpage:

Training:
Slaves being trained will gain various skills, depending on the slave training them. If one slave is training another, they will play at BDSM as well, if the slave in training is accompanying the trainer, and if the trainer is left to their own devices ("Make yourself useful" command).

A slave must have at least 70 Submission to train other slaves. Those slaves will slowly be trained in Submission, Respect, Pose, and Sex up to the level of the trainer. Through dialogue you can order the trainer to focus the training exclusively on Sex, Submission or Combat, in which case the slave will be trained faster though only in the selected skill.

Slaves with less than 70 Submission can only be left in the cell or ordered to dress / undress.

I read that. I had two slaves in the cell, one with over 80 submission and the other at 30. The one with 80 submission, I didn't see any dialog options for "make yourself useful". 

31 minutes ago, TheRightDoorIsNotTheLeft said:

I read that. I had two slaves in the cell, one with over 80 submission and the other at 30. The one with 80 submission, I didn't see any dialog options for "make yourself useful". 

Many of the dialogue options listed come as a result of dialogue branches. "Make yourself useful" is a branch off of "I want you to do something for me" (IIRC).

7 hours ago, Psalam said:

Many of the dialogue options listed come as a result of dialogue branches. "Make yourself useful" is a branch off of "I want you to do something for me" (IIRC).

The "I want you to do something for me" only showed the vanilla point and click option (like "stand there" or "pick up"). I didn't see "make yourself useful". I'm in a new playthrough with the quest enabled to see if that opens up anything new for me.

Following up: the "I want you do to something for me" still does the vanilla point and click, except the only option is "Attack [slave]". Still not seeing "make yourself useful." I have two slaves with 90 obedience now, and I still don't have an option to make them a trainer. Do they need to be equipped with BSDM tools first? Nothing in the game or the description is giving me direction. I've gone down every path in the dialogue tree and I'm still not seeing it.