AutoLink help and basic guide

Im having issues getting the game to boot, my game is 1.06 from steam (no other mods), and I have 1.01 ver AutoLink.  The game wont boot with the 4 Autolink files in the main game folder.  Just a black screen that requires the task manager to close it out after becoming unresponsive.  TastefulToy has suggested I post here to see if there is anyone else having this issue, or has an idea how to fix it.  

Any help is greatly appreciated!     

edit DInput8.ini

value

BypassMovie=1

to

BypassMovie=0

See, Basket? You got help from the author of the mod himself!

Thank you very much, FallingCat!

BTW, your tool is the best thing that happened to the DOA modding community in a while.

Honored to have you here. :)

Im having issues getting the game to boot, my game is 1.06 from steam (no other mods), and I have 1.01 ver AutoLink.  The game wont boot with the 4 Autolink files in the main game folder.  Just a black screen that requires the task manager to close it out after becoming unresponsive.  TastefulToy has suggested I post here to see if there is anyone else having this issue, or has an idea how to fix it.  

edit DInput8.ini

value

BypassMovie=1

to

BypassMovie=0

It booted up!   Wow, Thank you for helping me!  Now on to adding the mods finally!  

See, Basket? You got help from the author of the mod himself!

Thank you very much, FallingCat!

BTW, your tool is the best thing that happened to the DOA modding community in a while.

Honored to have you here. :)

Great talking with you Tasteful, thanks again for the help!  Great community here!

You mean the costume number in the selection screen, right? Because it's not the same as the costume slot in DLC Tool/lnk reshuffle.

If you want the TMC/TMCL to be alternatives Marie's costume #30 (remember, the costume number in the character selection screen), you just need to place it in a folder called "30" inside of the "MARIE" folder.

I do it. I created a folder in autolink folder and called Marie then inside it I created  a folder called 30. I put the TMC/TMCL inside it but in game the costume is showed in details of first costume...

But for other, not all, character autolink work fine

That's weird.

Well, I'm not home, so I can't try to replicate the error. But when I had a similar problem, I was using the wrong number as the folder's name. And I think that if you have, let's say, 40 costumes and you place a TMC/TMCL inside a folder called 43 (or anything higher than 40), it'll show up in costume #1.

AutoLink 1.01 support expand hair

you can rename hair  name to @xxxxxxxxxxxxx.HAIR.TMC

EX:

AutoLink\KASUMI\@AAAAAA.HAIR.TMC

AutoLink\KASUMI\@AAAAAA.HAIR.TMCL

Thank you FallingCat, the new hair support is very nice and easy to use!

Wow - that's awesome!! works like a charm!! Great feature. THX!!!

Question:

1. Is it possible to disable hair using like this for some costume numbers? I mean, like an exclude list. Because on costumes with built-in hair/hats/helmets it looks weird...

If not, then I may have a suggestion for a new feature

could be made by a txt file like this:

​Example:

AutoLink\KASUMI\@AAAAAA.HAIR.TXT (or INI file)

​content of the file:

-> it means, that the hair "AAAAAA.HAIR" is excluded on costume no. 34, 42 and 68...

What do you think about this?

Can use Autolink with the legit version of DOA5LR? or need 3DM crack?

Mine is technically legit, but I've copied the folder out of the Steam folder and cracked it with 3dm.

Still haven't tried it directly inside the steam folder, but from what I've been seeing, you'll need to disable the intro skip. Other than that, no problems.

edit DInput8.ini

value

BypassMovie=1

to

BypassMovie=0

Is there a way to use multiple hairs with one costume.

COSTUME.TMC

COSTUME.TMCL

COSTUME.HAIR.TMC

COSTUME.HAIR.TMCL

with this settings I can only use one set of hair, how could I add a second set of hair.

EX:

AutoLink\KASUMI\@AAAAAA.HAIR.TMC

AutoLink\KASUMI\@AAAAAA.HAIR.TMCL

edit DInput8.ini

value

BypassMovie=1

to

BypassMovie=0

I had a similar issue to basketcase455's, but the game got stuck in the initial load screen rather than just a black screen. Somehow, this simple fix worked for me! 

Thank you! 

Hey guy's, will this work on a legit version of the game? i coulnd't find a reloaded version anywhere on the web! So eventually i bought the darn thing, only to find out mods won't work on legitimate versions of the game :(

Tried almost everything i could find to make these costumes load up, but no luck at all, really getting desperate if i can ever see some mods working over here :(

遊戲目錄\AutoLink\MARIE\@NEW.HAIR.TMC     ver 1.00 (於檔名開頭加上@字符 代表髮型擴展 結尾必須 .HAIR.TMC 與 .HAIR.TMCL 每個角色可添加200個髮型)
遊戲目錄\AutoLink\MARIE\@NEW.HAIR.TMCL   ver 1.00
遊戲目錄\AutoLink\MARIE\@NEW.FACE.TMC     ver 1.10 (若不需要時可缺省 .FACE不能在沒有.HAIR的情況下單獨存在)
遊戲目錄\AutoLink\MARIE\@NEW.FACE.TMCL  ver 1.10 (若不需要時可缺省)

As of version 1.10, you can also add faces that can be swapped along with the hairs!  The only catch is that faces must have corresponding hairs (same mod name, like NEW in example above) and cannot be swapped by themselves.

Wow, Pringles! Thank you for doing my job for me! :heart:

Gonna update the OP later today. In an airplane right now >_<

Just a quick question since I still haven't had the chance to test even v1.01: is the "@" supposed to be a number?

Is there any way to override hair in cutscenes? For example, in Tina's cutscenes where she has a headband, using a non-bald costume will leave her bald; I did try using Ctrl+0 with a different hair selected, but it didn't take for the cutscene.