AutoLink help and basic guide

Hey, dear lovers! :heart:

I've been away for a while and I think I'm back, but I don't have a lot of time to update the tutorial. I think it's still mostly OK, but since I won't be adding newer stuff to it, I think it's better to turn this thread into what it kinda already is: a place to discuss and ask for help about AutoLink.

I'll leave my old tutorial down here, in case anyone needs it. Please just don't think it's 100% accurate. It's not anymore. Sorry  :unsure: 

The most important information here is this: You can get the current version of AutoLink HERE.

But here's the Tutorial if you need an introduction:

I've been seeing a LOT of confusion about AutoLink, so I thought I'd start a topic where we'll be free to ask for help. Now I've compiled a quick "FAQ" of sorts. Almost a tutorial.

Although the tool CLEARLY WASN'T MADE BY ME, I'll try to tell you everything I know about it, what was shown to me by other forum members and what I've found out through trial and error.

So, ms. tastefultoy, what the hell is this AutoLink thingy and what does it do?

Well, the download is actually a package that comes with three tools: CameraUnlock, ui_mod and AutoLink proper.

• CameraUnlock lets you unlock the camera (you don't say...). Meaning that you can move it under the ground, tilt it, etc. It also lets you play/watch the game in slow motion.

- F1: Slow Motion

- F4: Tilts the camera 90° (and unlocks the F2/F3 tilt function)

- F2: Slow tilt to the left

- F3: Slow tilt to the right

• ui_mod removes the icons from the character selection screen after you've selected a character. Also,

- F6: Choose lighting intensity.

• AutoLink makes it easy to add a seemingly unlimited number of different costumes to the game. It's similar to lnk reshuffle / Archive Tool / DLC Tool in objective, but quite different in execution, complexity and scope. It works by letting you add multiple different costumes to an already existing, used costume slots. These added costumes will be chosen, in the game, via the "detail" selector.

I want it, TT! Where can I get it?!

Yeah, that's the first step. Getting the thing.
Here is the original topic on the 3dm forums where the author of the tool posted it and is posting updates quite frequently:

http://bbs.3dmgame.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=5065534

I recommend you download it from there to be sure that you're getting the most recent one. It's pretty easy to create an account if you don't already have one (google translate will help you).
But if, for some reason, you can't create an account there, HERE is the most recent one as of 04/19/16 (v1.01)

Installing it is just a matter of taking the four files (d3d9.dll, d3d9_ui_mod.txt, Dinput8.dll and Dinput8.ini) and the folder (AutoLink) from the .rar and placing them inside the main folder of the game, overwriting files when needed (backup the original ones if you want to be able to remove it in the future).

Ok, but how do I add the nude modded costumes?

Now that's where things get interesting! Adding costumes is quite easy.
There are two ways to do this using AutoLink. Either you add it to all of a character's costumes, or you add it to specific ones.

• If you want to add as an alternative to every costume of a character, you must simply:

• Go to the AutoLink folder;
  • Create a folder and name it after the character in question (the name must be written like the list in "NAME.txt");
  • Place the modded costume files inside of this folder.

To use the installed costume, you just change the detail of any official costume of that character and voilà.

• Or maybe you're crazy like me and want everything organized. If that's the case, you'll probably want a nude mod that looks like some costume to be a detail of this said costume, and only of it. To do that, you must:

• Check the costume number of the one you want to add the mod to. Let's say, for instance, that it's #33;
  • Go to the AutoLink folder;
  • Open the character's folder;
  • Inside of it, create a new folder named after the costume number. So, in our case, the folder should be named 33.
  • Place the modded costume inside of this folder

To use this newly installed costume, you just select, in the game, the correct original costume. The added one will show up as a detail option.

Oh, and don't forget: You can add as many as you want to the same folder! You'll be able to choose between them in the game. :)

Also, if you want to skip the work of creating a folder for each costume, here is a copy of my (empty, of course) AutoLink folder with all of its folder structure.

AutoLink - Folder Structure.zip

And if you're crazy like me and want to have icons for every single folder, go to this topic.

Ohmigosh, Tasty! That's great! But... I don't want to choose a detail every time I play... Is there any way to make the added nude mod the default detail?

Whoa, now. Calm down. I'm almost there.

You see, you can save detail sets in AutoLink. Try this: Highlight a detail for a costume and cancel out. If you change the costume and then change back to the first one, the detail is gonna be selected already. Do this for as many costumes as you want. Then press Ctrl + 1. This saves these detail selections to a little file called AutoLink001.config in the game folder.

You can save as many details for as many costumes of as many characters as you want (one detail per costume, of course). If you want to restore the original detail selections, just press "9". If you press "1" again, it'll reload the saved ones.

For this you can use any number between 0 and 8. With Ctrl to save and without ctrl to load.

Now here comes the magic: If you save using CTRL+0, it'll go to the AutoLink000.config file. The game will load details in this file as the default detail set! Give it a try.

• Select a detail;
  • Press ctrl+0;
  • Close and reload the game.

When you get back to the character selection screen, you'll see the detail you chose.

Wow, that's incredible!!!1! Last question though: Is there any way to use these nude modded costumes in story mode?

Yes! And the best part: You've already learned how to do it! think with me: since the mods saved in the Autolink000.config are seen by the game as the default appearances of their respective costumes, if, when playing story mode, a character needs to show up wearing one of these costumes, it'll show up as the selected detail! So just save the details you want with Ctrl + 0 and it's done!
So, yes! it works in story mode. (Thanks Ishidacorp! If you hadn't mentioned it I wouldn't even try :heart:)

...ok, now here's the last question. For realz this time: What about hair and face mods? Doesn't it do that? It's crap then.

Hey, when you ask questions you're supposed to let me answer them. *Ahem*.

Anyway, yes, it does that. And it works pretty much like with the costumes.

You take the files you want and place them inside the subfolder that's named with the costume number you want it to be in. You just have to make sure that if your costume is called "costume.TMC / costume.TMCL", you must name the hair files "costume.HAIR.TMC / costume.HAIR.TMCL" and the face files "costume.FACE.TMC / costume.FACE.TMCL". Use the same naming scheme with the .---C and .--P files and, as long as they are all in the same subfolder, it should work fine.

Thank you tasty! I must admit that you're very lovely, beautiful and considerate!

Why, thank you! You are considerate too! :sleepy:

=========================================

ps.: Question that I made here even before I learned more about it created the "tutorial":

Does anyone know if you can use AutoLink with a custom DLC? For instance, I'd like to have a "naked" costume for a character and have the other naked options (Breast sizes, bush, etc) as details for it. Is it possible?

By the way, the answer to this is a definite yes. I was using an outdated version of the thing. Or maybe I was just doing something wrong.

I'll update this post as soon as I learn more stuff about the tool. If you happen to find something out or if you've noticed something that isn't here, please share it with us and I'll gladly add it to the tutorial. And you'll get my eternal thanks! :heart:

i have problem with some male character, HAYABUSA, ELIOT, GEN FU, BASS and RAIDOU. I put the NUDE mod but nothing change. i try already with plenty costum slots. any idea?? i know mostly we change female mods, but my wife is also a gamer and she want to see dicks as well i see breasts hehe

One problem I've had is that some mods have names written using Japanese characters. If that's the case, just using Roman characters in their names may fix them.

Now, do those mods work when you use the DLC method? Because there may be something wrong with them...

Anyways, when I get home later I'll do some tests. Can you point me in the direction of some of those mods? (Not that I want them, of course. *Cough*)

Does anyone know if you can use AutoLink with a custom DLC? For instance, I'd like to have a "naked" costume for a character and have the other naked options (Breast sizes, bush, etc) as details for it. Is it possible?

It does load them. Just add a folder with the respective position number.

E.g. using Saaf's latest DLC pack.

post-806278-0-45312700-1459802520_thumb.png

But seems that for each "detail" you'll need to add another body, or the game'll load the "original" without changes.

Try adding a single hairstyle, named as "HAIR.TMC/TMCL" and you'll see.

AutoLink_Test.png

But seems that for each "detail" you'll need to add another body, or the game'll load the "original" without changes.

Weird. That's what I tried to do. Partly.

I added a DLC mod of SaafRats's HLOD pack (that vulva!), created a folder with the same costume number, placed other mods inside (exactly ad I did with the other folders) and... nothing. The DLC mod shows in the game, but it doesn't have any alternatives.

Any clue as to what might be happening?

Anyway, I can't try anything right now. The Android version of DOA5LR doesn't work that well. Because it doesn't exist. But I'm gonna try more stuff later today.

I'll keep you posted.

You aren't necessarily using the slot number, but the choice number that appears in the game with you highlight a costume. If you put stuff near the end of the list in DLC Tool, there'll be a discrepancy.

Where I'm getting hung up is costumes with the hair in the body model, like the one pictured here. I found a sample costume for Marie that's set up similarly which works properly, and I think it has something to do with the ---C file, who's layout I don't know, but when I copy the ---C file from the Marie costume to this one, I get the same result.

post-820024-0-05315600-1459834191_thumb.png

Also, costumes with their own faces won't work at all, will they?

i have another alternative to offer.  if there are existing official/dlc costumes you don't like, you can replace them with a naked costume using lnk reshuffle first, and then add the variations using autolink.  this will avoid the confusion between the slot/folder numbers in autolink with custom dlc. also, one of the advantages of autolink is to reduce the need for custom dlc.

AutoLink_Test.png

I added a DLC mod of SaafRats's HLOD pack (that vulva!), created a folder with the same costume number, placed other mods inside (exactly ad I did with the other folders) and... nothing. The DLC mod shows in the game, but it doesn't have any alternatives.

Anyway, I can't try anything right now. The Android version of DOA5LR doesn't work that well. Because it doesn't exist. But I'm gonna try more stuff later today.

I'll keep you posted.

Indeed "...that vulva!" :wub:

Through a few tests, the version you've got, maybe.

Requires at least V.0.30, V.0.40 also works.

post-806278-0-14125500-1459853613_thumb.png

Other than this, I just added the extra folders, 11 to 13 for Naotora. All are working for me.

post-806278-0-36634700-1459851654_thumb.png

http://www.mediafire.com/download/rqhqwysygrjqmqf/DEAD+OR+ALIVE+5+Last+Round+04.05.2016+-+07.32.37.73.mp4

i have problem with some male character, HAYABUSA, ELIOT, GEN FU, BASS and RAIDOU. I put the NUDE mod but nothing change. i try already with plenty costum slots. any idea?? i know mostly we change female mods, but my wife is also a gamer and she want to see dicks as well i see breasts hehe

ok, version 0.4 solve this problem.

ok, version 0.4 solve this problem.

Good for you. hehe

On a side note, it also can be used for Story mode. :D

Making the whole process a lot easier, especially for some of the most tricky costumes.

Like MILA_COS_002 & AKIRA_COS_001.

post-806278-0-88258400-1459882209_thumb.pngpost-806278-0-90445800-1459882376_thumb.pngpost-806278-0-42038700-1459882498_thumb.png

post-806278-0-18888400-1459882692_thumb.pngpost-806278-0-37012400-1459882997_thumb.pngpost-806278-0-30355700-1459883091_thumb.png

Just, be aware that you still must set some things manually.

:lol:

post-806278-0-30349200-1459883136_thumb.png

AutoLink_Test.png

I'll keep you posted.

Indeed "...that vulva!" :wub:

Through a few tests, the version you've got, maybe.

Requires at least V.0.30, V.0.40 also works.

attachicon.gifScreenshot440.png

Other than this, I just added the extra folders, 11 to 13 for Naotora. All are working for me.

attachicon.gifAutoLink_Test2.png

http://www.mediafire.com/download/rqhqwysygrjqmqf/DEAD+OR+ALIVE+5+Last+Round+04.05.2016+-+07.32.37.73.mp4

Just to keep you posted: Thanks to you I was able to make it work.

The solution was very complex: I needed to update AutoLink.   :dodgy:

Anyways, thanks for the help!  :heart: 

Is there a way to get rid of the "Original 1" costume and have just the replaced ones selectable? I'm going to assume not, but I hope I'm wrong! :)

There is a way to change the default detail for a character's costume. This way, for all intents and purposes (except for the icon), that's gonna be the main one.

You see, you can save detail sets in AutoLink. You highlight a detail for a costume and press, for instance, CTRL + 1. This way, you'll save this detail selection to a little file called AutoLink001.config in the game folder. You can save as many details for as many costumes of as many characters as you want (one detail per costume, of course)Then, if you load the game and press 1, it'll show these details as the first ones.

The magic is: If you save using CTRL+0, it'll go to the AutoLink000.config and the game will load it as the default detail set! Give it a try.

1. highlight a detail
  2. press ctrl+0
  3. close and reload the game

When you get back to the character selection screen, you'll see the detail you chose.

Also, costumes with their own faces won't work at all, will they?

Sorry it took me so long to answer this.

A costume with its own face won't work as a detail for a normal costume because it's gonna add a second face and things are gonna get weird.

But it works if you add it to a DLC mod that has an invisible face.  :)

I added a DLC mod of a costume without a face and I place any costume that has a face on its folder using autolink.

Is there a way to get rid of the "Original 1" costume and have just the replaced ones selectable? I'm going to assume not, but I hope I'm wrong! :)

There is a way to change the default detail for a character's costume. This way, for all intents and purposes (except for the icon), that's gonna be the main one.

You see, you can save detail sets in AutoLink. You highlight a detail for a costume and press, for instance, CTRL + 1. This way, you'll save this detail selection to a little file called AutoLink001.config in the game folder. You can save as many details for as many costumes of as many characters as you want (one detail per costume, of course)Then, if you load the game and press 1, it'll show these details as the first ones.

The magic is: If you save using CTRL+0, it'll go to the AutoLink000.config and the game will load it as the default detail set! Give it a try.

1. highlight a detail
  2. press ctrl+0
  3. close and reload the game

Holy crap that is awesome! I have finally been able to make the game totally nude now! Thanks!!! I'm going to share my Autolink folder and AutoLink000.config for anyone else that wants a totally nude default game. :)

So! I've compiled a little tutorial about AutoLink! It's on the first page of this topic.

It's not 100% complete yet. There's still stuff to be said. But I gotta go to bed for the night  :blush: I'll continue tomorrow! 

Good night!  :heart:

So! I've compiled a little tutorial about AutoLink! It's on the first page of this topic.

It's not 100% complete yet. There's still stuff to be said. But I gotta go to bed for the night  :blush: I'll continue tomorrow! 

Good night!  :heart:

thank you for the tutorial! i enjoyed reading it and learned something in the process :D have a good night!

Thanks TT, I've gotta do a clean new install from steam sometime to see Naotora, so this is gonna be handy as I don't think I could face rebuilding all the dlc AND lnk reshuffled mods in my old installation! This should help immensely as I'll just get shot of all the useless (clothed) outfits in one shot hahaha... many thanks!