Looks good.

EDIT: I can't talk to the Warden, she only says things like "Can I help you?"

EDIT2: If it's not too much trouble, do you think you could add in some more lighting? It's almost pitch black with an ENB on.

EDIT3: I can't go up the stairs without jumping, which would be a problem if you decide to have tons of stairs and my character is in bondage.

Looks good.

EDIT: I can't talk to the Warden, she only says things like "Can I help you?"

EDIT2: If it's not too much trouble, do you think you could add in some more lighting? It's almost pitch black with an ENB on.

EDIT3: I can't go up the stairs without jumping, which would be a problem if you decide to have tons of stairs and my character is in bondage.

Okay, great. Thanks for letting me know. First of all, yeah, the stairs absolutely suck, and I don't know what's up with that. I'm using the "generic" kit of parts for dungeon rooms, so maybe I should switch to a more refined kit of parts like the "imperial" dungeon.

Secondly, I can't believe I killed the Warden's dialog tree. As a last minute thing I added a helpful blanket statement that's only supposed to trigger after the first tier of dialog options finishes, to announce that there's no content past that point.

Guess I botched it and somehow the stage 10 dialog is killing everything.

Lastly, yes. I'll start lighting everything by default.

(I can start fixing this stuff in about an hour or two, have a 0.41 up in 3-4hr)

Guest ffabris

Secondly, I can't believe I killed the Warden's dialog tree. As a last minute thing I added a helpful blanket statement that's only supposed to trigger after the first tier of dialog options finishes, to announce that there's no content past that point.

Might just need the SEQ file - quests that start on game start usually do. :-|

Anyway, nice work! Was hoping to see males in rubber too. ;)

Turns out when I set the condition to look for stage 10, I forget to tell it what quest. Just tested, seems to be back to normal now. I won't rule out making a male vacbed in the future--but that depends on if my new clothing-based idea crashes and burns or not, whenever it is I get to it. If it goes off super-smooth (pun intended) then perhaps I won't be scared away from making a male version with the same principles.

But what about futa? Also I noticed the dialog assumes the player got the info while in town (possibly from an innkeeper or courier). Is that something you're going to do later?

EDIT: So like, is the quest supposed to start right after loading? Because that doesn't happen to me. Even after starting the quest through the console and fiddling with setstage, the Warden only has "Good afternoon." for me. ):

But what about futa? Also I noticed the dialog assumes the player got the info while in town (possibly from an innkeeper or courier). Is that something you're going to do later?

EDIT: So like, is the quest supposed to start right after loading? Because that doesn't happen to me. Even after starting the quest through the console and fiddling with setstage, the Warden only has "Good afternoon." for me. ):

Well, upon entering the cell (That's all there is so far, no actual flier in town) You should be able to initiate a dialog with the warden, starting with "excuse me?"

The quest shouldn't require activation, or setstage.

Did you download the update I posted about an hour ago? or the earlier version? I messed something up the version before.

As for futa, probably not? Or if so, too far off to say. I'm new to all this and am trying to focus on getting some modding basics worked out and a coherent dungeon/quest started.

Guest ffabris

Turns out when I set the condition to look for stage 10, I forget to tell it what quest. Just tested, seems to be back to normal now. I won't rule out making a male vacbed in the future--but that depends on if my new clothing-based idea crashes and burns or not, whenever it is I get to it. If it goes off super-smooth (pun intended) then perhaps I won't be scared away from making a male version with the same principles.

OK then - just thought I'd drop in the idea. :)

She still doesn't say anything to me. Like she'll walk up to me but keeps saying "Good afternoon" or "Need something?" I just tested with no other mods on. :c Is it working perfectly for everyone else?

Also one side of the vacbeds is transparent, is that normal? Finally it's a shame the women are completely still and not writhing or anything, but I guess that'd be pretty hard to do with...are they considered furniture?

Yes--one side is transparent--they were meant to be against a wall, but I might as well add a back to the bed just in case I want them to stand out in the open Han Solo style.

In skyrim, all surfaces are transparent from one side, and textured on the other. Just the way the game engine thinks, I guess. Technically, the bed is a "static" and not furniture.

You've downloaded 0.41 or 0.42? It baffles me that the dialog wouldn't work for you.

The quest is rr_introductions. You could try startquest rr_introductions, or setstage rr_introductions 10. (stage 10 dialog has an option to reset to stage 0.)

If you've previously done a setstage to 20 or 30, (these stages "exist" but are blank) then you'll have to use "resetquest rr_introductions" since setstage is basically a one-way ratchet and doesn't let you go backward. If you've ever been to stage 20, you can't go back to 10 without a reset.

If you're using the latest version and resetting the quest doesn't allow dialog, then maybe I'll have to find out what ffabris means about an SEQ file, or use a trigger box to start the quest at the cell entrance. I would also be curious if anyone else is getting the warden's dialog.

Thank you for checking!! It's all very off-the-cuff but it lays out the four or so branches I'd like the beginning to take. (Logistically, it's likely they'll eventually loop back and share a lot in common. Next up, I need to finalize a dungeon layout.

You've downloaded 0.41 or 0.42? It baffles me that the dialog wouldn't work for you.

The quest is rr_introductions. You could try startquest rr_introductions, or setstage rr_introductions 10. (stage 10 dialog has an option to reset to stage 0.)

I tried 0.40, 0.41, and 0.42, yeah. Tried those setstage commands as well. Does your mod require anything? As I said before I tried running it on an otherwise vanilla game just to test it and it still wouldn't work. Perhaps setting it to start on entrance to the cell or via a town flyer would work? I found the following regarding SEQ files, by the way:

SEQ files are needed since the 1.6 patch. The SEQ file contains information about "Start Game Enabled" quests.

If your mod contains new quests that must be running from the very get-go, you need to create a SEQ file telling the game about it, otherwise the quest might not run, fail to run scripts, fail to enable dialog or mess up in many other ways. Thanks Obama ... I mean Bethesda.

You create the SEQ file by running the creation kit with the -GenerateSEQ:mymod.esp flag. Replace "mymod.esp" with the name of the mod file you are working on. The creation kit program will start, do some stuff and close. After that you will find a new mymod.SEQ file in its directory. Move it to ./data/SEQ and you're golden.

Okay. Sounds like an easy enough addition, I'll see about adding that this weekend. Sorry for the frustrations--nothing is worse than a problem that happens for some people and not for others.

At this point my mod has zero dependencies apart from base skyrim itself. However, I do plan to eventually add the standard DD suite, zaz devices.

edit: I'll likely have the quest triggered via a box at the cell entrance, which I have an AWESOME idea for. Can't wait to make it.

The first quest will likely be to take care of the women in the vacbeds. Doing "rounds" so to speak. Seeing how all the prisoners' therapies are individually tailored, they'll have a sheet on the wall you'll have to read and then do, or NOT do certain things to them. At the end, checking in with the warden with be a conditions-checking nightmare for me, but I think it'll be worth it.

I might also add a couple more NPCs into the mix.

Perhaps a resident psychologist. Psychiatrist? Up for debate.

Oh god, I feel bad for reporting all these bugs, I'm sorry.

• Quest still doesn't start so Warden still won't talk to me. Could also use a Quest notification.
  • The door just says "Open". It should say something regarding the location.
  • You can't get out once you're in. At least not through the door (you have to use coc).
  • If you fall into the hole at the bottom of the stairs, you can't jump out. So you have to use tcl.
  • If you accidentally hit the lever you have to wait for the entire stair animation to finish before being able to hit it again.
  • It's almost pitch black for anything that's not vanilla Skyrim. This is because there's technically no real light sources, only fake ambient light.

Oh god, I feel bad for reporting all these bugs, I'm sorry.

• Quest still doesn't start so Warden still won't talk to me. Could also use a Quest notification.
  • The door just says "Open". It should say something regarding the location.
  • You can't get out once you're in. At least not through the door (you have to use coc).
  • If you fall into the hole at the bottom of the stairs, you can't jump out. So you have to use tcl.
  • If you accidentally hit the lever you have to wait for the entire stair animation to finish before being able to hit it again.
  • It's almost pitch black for anything that's not vanilla Skyrim. This is because there's technically no real light sources, only fake ambient light.

Hmm... I tested with a new save, and definitely deactivated the main dialog quest so that it only starts on cell entrance.

Yeah, the door is an entrance only, it was a bit more work to make it a two-way door, but that's no excuse!

I added a ledge to the pit at the bottom so that there was a way to jump out, I tested it to make sure it worked before uploading.

I've added a good number of Omni lights, which are real light sources, they just don't have corresponding light "fixtures." What mod are you using for your lighting overhaul? I'll install it and take a look for myself.

I was thinking of speeding up the animation for the retracting stairs, maybe decreasing the time it takes by 50%.

this will be an interesting mod but can the player also be imprisoned in the jail too?

That is the plan, yes. It will likely be quite hard not to be--The warden is the kind of person who looks for excuses to do whatever she wants.

However, That's pretty far off and I have a lot to learn about the creation kit.

WOW. had a quick try out of the dungeon and the potential is awesome..  Loved the conveyor (I assume the gate is supposed to close and lock once pushed on, which didn't happen for me yet)..  Couldn't get any dialoge with the warden going but loved the paperwork style and the whole idea..  All stairs stone and clever tunnel stairs needed to be jumped but small issue I am sure..  The worst bit for me was exit door had no link to skyrim.. but I can see a great future  ahead for this mod and its resources..  Maybe even an alternate prison system for the poor overworked guards haha..  Will be keeping an avid eye on its developent and good luck with a great idea ..