The Manipulator

In the People panel, there is a Marry button. Don't use it. If you're not going to use Marry, then setting the markers doesn't matter one way or another. If you don't set them, Marry won't be available, so perhaps that's the way to go, so no accidents.  :)

I see. That's pretty simple.

I'd have to open CK to check. In the basic game (meaning no DLCs), there are maybe a dozen or so excluded by being part of MarriageExcludeFaction.

Added: DA09Meridia, Korir, Kraldar, Ulfric, Galmar, Balgruuf, Vingar GreyMane, Dengeir, Siddegeir, Sorli, Idgrod, Thongvor, Igmund, Maven, Laila, Rikke, Tullius, Elisif. Not counting any in the 3 DLCs, since Manipulator doesn't load those and I'm too lazy to do it to check. ;)

Idgrod Ravencrone right?

Other than Elisif, the others aren't part of the Amorous quest mod anyway. What would happen though if someone would marry Elisif anyway and you follow the Amorous quest?

Looking at that list, I think that's all the Jarls, potential replacement jarls for the civil war quest and their housecarls. Marrying them won't break things outright, but I think it just leads to too many problems, potentially breaking their AI packages, the NPCs not being where they should be for quests, scenes, and so on.

From Beth's point of view, a mostly untitled commoner and possibly fugitive felon should not be able to marry a jarl anyway.  It is quite odd that they are all widows/widowers, except for Idgrod: I think her housecarl or steward or whatever he is, Aslfur? (not on the list, at any rate) is her husband.

It might be you don't WANT to marry a jarl, ya know. Longer life expectancy.

As far as the AA quests, I don't think marrying Elisif would break that.  AFAIK the npcs just need to be alive

Guest ffabris

Other than Elisif, the others aren't part of the Amorous quest mod anyway. What would happen though if someone would marry Elisif anyway and you follow the Amorous quest?

Karlpaws gave a great answer, better than I could have. :) Plus I don't know Amorous, never tried it. The only thing I would say is, never marry someone unless their quest line is fully completed, or you strongly risk breaking the game. Long ago, I tried making one of the companions a lover before that line was done; it broke and I had to start over.

My mod gives the ability to marry almost anyone - except those that, for whatever reason, Bethesda has explicitly flagged that should never marry. What you do with that is up to you.

From Beth's point of view, a mostly untitled commoner and possibly fugitive felon should not be able to marry a jarl anyway.  It is quite odd that they are all widows/widowers, except for Idgrod: I think her housecarl or steward or whatever he is, Aslfur? (not on the list, at any rate) is her husband.

Not if you're the dragonborn, masters of the four guilds, thane of all holds, and saved the world but if the guards still have the gall to mock you even after that, I guess you're right.   ;) 

Skyrim is probably held hostage by Sheogorath, making the citizens forget your deeds, thereby the dragonborn would go mad with the urge to kill every single person in Skyrim.

Anyway, thanks for the answers.

Not if you're the dragonborn, masters of the four guilds, thane of all holds, and saved the world but if the guards still have the gall to mock you even after that, I guess you're right.   ;)

Skyrim is probably held hostage by Sheogorath, making the citizens forget your deeds, thereby the dragonborn would go mad with the urge to kill every single person in Skyrim.

Anyway, thanks for the answers.

Just to reply for the humor...

It probably is that Sheogorath is causing trouble, because someone had to make a mod named Don't you Know who I am? since even if you are all those things, you still encounter petty requests and all sorts of insanity.  The guards and others making random comments about things they just should not know about, things they somehow know you did, and then default to "who are you, peasant?" when basic AI takes over.

Guest ffabris

Just some added info on MarriageExcludedFaction. As I was waking this morning, it occurred to me that maybe that faction was to prevent the members from attending a marriage ceremony, so I went to check the code in the vanilla game. Turns out it has nothing to do with the ceremony. However, I found confirmation that my initial understanding was correct. In the vanilla game, if you break up with your spouse, he/she is added to MarriageExcludedFaction, which means, you cannot marry him/her a second time.

Also, I had a look to see if the DLCs add others to that faction; they don't. So the list I posted above is complete for Skyrim Legendary - excluding, or course, any NPCs added by scripts or 3rd party mods.

is there anyway to make the naked thing perm by useing jcontainers to store that that should be naked? right now seems random how long they stay naked. did a test in riverwood made them all naked and some stayed naked for days while others just a few hours.

Guest ffabris

is there anyway to make the naked thing perm by useing jcontainers to store that that should be naked? right now seems random how long they stay naked. did a test in riverwood made them all naked and some stayed naked for days while others just a few hours.

Hum, I don't know. I'll certainly look into it. I expected some/many would redress when something caused them to reset, or if something gets added/removed from their inventory. I've never used JContainers, but I'll look. :)

0.7 is up... bug fixes only, this round.

• Fix: New faction to ensure that spouses don't attack one another while married to the player.
  • Minor: Show name of NPC on marriage/divorce.
  • Fix: SkyUI init error on game load. Dunno how it even worked till now! o,O

well with useing jcontainers to store data there no worry about it being lumped into the save. probaly good even if u dont add it to mod to undertsand it so if u make another mod u understand about it.

this  is the mod i used before it can remove the default outfits of npc. it might help u understand how to remove thier default. this mod just removed their cloth/armor but also has a option to have 50 npc wear custom outfit but i never did that as it was kinda buggy but the remove default outfit worked perfectly. i just stsoped useing as got tired of the log spam on game load from the empty npc slots. also every npc u made perm nude would get stored inside the save contributeing to the string count of your save getting close to the unloadable save game due to high string count.

Guest ffabris

OK, I looked ... data structures. But for this application, possibly more than is needed. It could instead be done, I guess, via a custom faction, which is then checked. Either way, however, that probably implies dropping a script on the NPC via spell or using an alias, so as to be able to keep track of when the NPC redresses. One of the multi-marriage mods I looked at does that, in order to ensure that armor/weapons given to an NPC are always worn.

My problem with this isn't technical, but rather "philosophical". My goal here is a light weight, minimal mod. For example, I have a basic form of multi-marriage, because I figure if you want more control over spouses, there are already mods that do that. Either a marriage mod, or something like My Home Is Your Home, where you can control pretty much every aspect of NPCs' daily routines.

Similarly, I want to keep it light weight, meaning low on script usage. (I was kinda annoyed at having to drop a script on each spouse, just to keep track of if/when they are killed, so I can remove them from the list of spouses.)

Getting back to your question, then, and in light of the above, for me it becomes adding "weight" to the mod just to keep NPCs naked. I'm inclined to keep it light-weight.

Does this make any sense at all? ;-)

well with useing jcontainers to store data there no worry about it being lumped into the save. probaly good even if u dont add it to mod to undertsand it so if u make another mod u understand about it.

this  is the mod i used before it can remove the default outfits of npc. it might help u understand how to remove thier default. this mod just removed their cloth/armor but also has a option to have 50 npc wear custom outfit but i never did that as it was kinda buggy but the remove default outfit worked perfectly. i just stsoped useing as got tired of the log spam on game load from the empty npc slots. also every npc u made perm nude would get stored inside the save contributeing to the string count of your save getting close to the unloadable save game due to high string count.

Ah yeah, I downloaded that one and looked at the source. That uses aliases, and thus drops a script on each NPC you use it on. And yes that would result in save bloat over time.

And yes, thanks for pointing me to JContainers. I knew of it since I have a couple mods installed that require it, but I'd never looked at what exactly it did. :)

Whenever I try to make a generic NPC like "Bandit" as a follower, every time I give them new gear, they just redress in their default armor instead. If I use strip command, they strip, but if I give them new armor piece, they just redress in their normal armor.  Could you try to fix this somehow? This doesn't seem to be the case with unique NPC's tho.

Whenever I try to make a generic NPC like "Bandit" as a follower, every time I give them new gear, they just redress in their default armor instead. If I use strip command, they strip, but if I give them new armor piece, they just redress in their normal armor.  Could you try to fix this somehow? This doesn't seem to be the case with unique NPC's tho.

You would be better off using a specific follower mod like AFT. Manipulator isn't a follower mod as such. (See one of the previous posts by the modder).

You would be better off using a specific follower mod like AFT. Manipulator isn't a follower mod as such. (See one of the previous posts by the modder).

Im using EFF atm, is AFT better follwoer mod overall?

Does AFT permit me to do the stuff that I was talking about?

The problem may be more of an issue with the game system.  You'll see some of the same issue trying to apply Slave Tats to generic enemies like bandits.  Tats disappear, but appear on some random bandit.  Some similar issues with the Paradise Halls sexlab extension and generics.  I ran into similar problem with the generic Immersive Wenches and PAH.  Basically the generics are designed to be periodically destroyed and replaced by the game engine.  Even a follower mod like AFT or EFF would probably end up with similar issues.  Basically random generics are not designed to be persistent.  However, I agree that if you really want to force a normally non-follower into a follower, the multi-follower mods (with the ability to force someone to be a follower) would be the better choice for now.  Both AFT and EFF have this function (not sure of the others, stopped using UFO years ago when development stopped for an extended period and no Dragonborn support seemed to be coming and I haven't used any of the others) along with more extensive clothing options.

Im using EFF atm, is AFT better follwoer mod overall?

Does AFT permit me to do the stuff that I was talking about?

Never used EFF but AFT (or Immersive AFT) allows you to manage your follower's inventory and tell them what to wear.  You can even have a 'town' and a country' outfit - one for when you are in towns and one for when you are out adventuring. Plus you can chop and change whenever you like.

There are several follower mods out there. I tried AFT first and it worked for me so I stuck with it. Tried Puppetmaster briefly but went back to AFT. Suck em and see which works best for your play style.

I would guess that tats work differently than clothes, though I've never bothered with tats myself.

Guest ffabris

You got a lot of good replies to this, so I won't repeat what was said. :) I'll just add that Mainipulator intentionally doesn't have any follower support since so many mods already do, and do it so well. All my mod does, it allow an NPC to be a potential follower. How you use that after, is up to you.

Never used EFF but AFT (or Immersive AFT) allows you to manage your follower's inventory and tell them what to wear.  You can even have a 'town' and a country' outfit - one for when you are in towns and one for when you are out adventuring. Plus you can chop and change whenever you like.

There are several follower mods out there. I tried AFT first and it worked for me so I stuck with it. Tried Puppetmaster briefly but went back to AFT. Suck em and see which works best for your play style.

I would guess that tats work differently than clothes, though I've never bothered with tats myself.

EFF (4.0+) does have a simplified outfit system.  You can basically set a default "outfit" of light, heavy, etc, plus a 'none' setting.  Using the 'none' setting is best because it will make them wear whatever you give them (basically removes their "default" outfit) following the normal rules (if you give them 2 armors, the NPC will use the better one regardless of skill).  AFT outfit management is much more (damn I really hate this word) "immersive" in that you can set different outfits for a user for travel, city, and home.  So you can set their armor for travel, normal clothes for city, panties and bra for home (come on, we all that's how almost everyone uses it  :D )  However it does comes with a price - changing cells (specifically change from/to the 3 cell types:  outdoor, city, home) strips the NPC before redressing them which depending on your system can lag the scripting.  More potential script lag (more followers, then slower the change occurs), plus if you use devious devices on your followers, they will unequip them and not re-equip it.  I don't think anyone has come up with a true fix for that.  But, definitely AFT has more outfit features, so if that's what you need, I suggest that one.  Otherwise I highly recommend EFF (already comes with UIExtensions, which is a requirement for this mod anyway) and according to many is less script-pounding than some of the others, and has almost all of the other features of AFT (or UFO).

Guest ffabris

Re: Multi-Marriage, I was thinking that given that I don't intend to add any more features to it (again, because there are other mods that do it), that I might as well remove all the marriage-related stuff and reduce it to a "harem". In other words, just force NPCs to sandbox at the set home location (assuming their AI packages allow it). This would fit in much better with the overall design and goal of the mod.

Comments? Strong arguments against this?

Sandboxing meets my needs more than "marriage faction-temple of mara-start wedding-do wedding-manage spouse market stall"

What I might want but haven't bothered to look for yet are larger more bed houses in the main cities.  Let my harem walk out into the city and wander around during the day, come back in the evening and dance or strut about the house, then make an orgy bed for me at night.

Course, that isn't currently possible I think, so I haven't bothered.

Guest ffabris

Sandboxing meets my needs more than "marriage faction-temple of mara-start wedding-do wedding-manage spouse market stall"

What I might want but haven't bothered to look for yet are larger more bed houses in the main cities.  Let my harem walk out into the city and wander around during the day, come back in the evening and dance or strut about the house, then make an orgy bed for me at night.

Course, that isn't currently possible I think, so I haven't bothered.

I think what you describe is technically feasible, but hasn't been done. At least not the sex part; the rest, yes. Between EFF and something like My Home Is Your Home, you can micromanage NPCs. There's another mod that has even more control than MHIYH does, but I forget the name now. Aha, Follower Live Package.

Re: Multi-Marriage, I was thinking that given that I don't intend to add any more features to it (again, because there are other mods that do it), that I might as well remove all the marriage-related stuff and reduce it to a "harem". In other words, just force NPCs to sandbox at the set home location (assuming their AI packages allow it). This would fit in much better with the overall design and goal of the mod.

Comments? Strong arguments against this?

Sounds like a plan to me. I never really understood this whole marriage thing (in the game generally). The harem idea sounds much more sensible from my POV.

I'm with karlpaws about the distinct lack of room space in Skyrim. Everywhere is either too small, or if large, then too cluttered up to move. Firepits in the middle of rooms are not the way forward IMHO. I can live without beds too -  more trouble than they are worth.

Someone on the Nexus took the jarl's longhouse design (used in the smaller holds like Falkreath and Morthal) and made a player house out of it. It is fairly WIP last I looked but I really liked it since there was room inside to move around in. Otherwise, yeah I would love to move the Hearthfire house into Solitude or Whiterun or someplace with more going on.

Guest ffabris

0.8 is up....

• Changed: reworked Multi-Marriage to remove all reference to marriage, turning it into a harem instead. In other words, NPCs will not be set the the game marriage factions. They are simply forced to sandbox at the location you specified in the Defaults panel (assuming their AI packages allow them to do so). Also, NPCs flagged as MarriageExcluded can now be made part of the harem... at your own risk! However, the cannot be flagged as potential marriage partners.
  • Changed: Up to 25 NPCs can be made part of your harem (up from 20 spouses).
  • New: Storage via MCM. See description for details.

This version, 0.8, requires a fully clean update. Divorce any NPCs you have married before installing it. And make sure you clean your game before installing 0.8

Also, while I have tested storage, consider this a BETA release; don't use it for important items.

Failsafe in case there are problems with storage: open console, type: coc aaaManipulatorCell - the containers are there.

A hotkey to access storage is planned, but not yet implemented. Looking at how to do that currently. Meantime, I needed/wanted feedback on the system itself.

Sounds like a plan to me. I never really understood this whole marriage thing (in the game generally). The harem idea sounds much more sensible from my POV.

I'm with karlpaws about the distinct lack of room space in Skyrim. Everywhere is either too small, or if large, then too cluttered up to move. Firepits in the middle of rooms are not the way forward IMHO. I can live without beds too - more trouble than they are worth.

I never really understood this whole marriage thing outside the game as well lol.

And as for the player houses i'm really happy with the Paradise Valley/Underground Bathhouse. Adequate room, cool features. And if it comes to keeping multiple followers in one place the Dread Prison is good choice but as pretty old mod it isn't as eye candy as the new stuff.