*Update-2016 September 29-New Horns + Screenshots* Tera Castanic Races

I'm having an issue where the hands aren't actually connected to the body, there is a split about halfway up the forearm. Its bridged when wearing armor, but if the armor is taken off it is still split.

Did you reinstall the files?

Did you try a different body and textures?

When did this start happening?  New install?  Worked fined at the beginning?

Are you sure some other mod is not affecting her.

I'm having an issue where the hands aren't actually connected to the body, there is a split about halfway up the forearm. Its bridged when wearing armor, but if the armor is taken off it is still split.

Did you reinstall the files?

Did you try a different body and textures?

When did this start happening?  New install?  Worked fined at the beginning?

Are you sure some other mod is not affecting her.

Reinstalled existing files, redownloaded and then reinstalled using fresh files, I'm not entirely sure what you mean by the second question, from the start, I think, I kinda forgot I had it installed, and looked at it recently again.  The only major change I've made recently was uninstalling Vampiric Thirst. That said, I was having the issue prior to that, so probably not the problem.  The body looks great, and I like the horns.  One question though, were you going to update it to include the newer horn options?

I meant did the problem happen from the very start after installing the Castanics for the first time as oppose to the problem happening sometime later.  I guess it will not matter since reinstalling the files did not fix it.

I'm going to say a conflict with another mod, but I don't know exactly what mod(s) will do that.  Since I don't have this issue I don't have any ideas.

I don't have the game (not into MMORPGs) so what files I have were sent to me by others.  Adding the new horns?  For now I'm saying "no" because I have other things to do (see my list in a previous post), but that does not mean it will never happen, I just need the files.

I meant did the problem happen from the very start after installing the Castanics for the first time as oppose to the problem happening sometime later.  I guess it will not matter since reinstalling the files did not fix it.

I'm going to say a conflict with another mod, but I don't know exactly what mod(s) will do that.  Since I don't have this issue I don't have any ideas.

I don't have the game (not into MMORPGs) so what files I have were sent to me by others.  Adding the new horns?  For now I'm saying "no" because I have other things to do (see my list in a previous post), but that does not mean it will never happen, I just need the files.

About the only thing I changed was uninstalling Vampiric Thirst. I think that was after the redownload and reinstall, I'll try again, see if that helps.

Edit: Can't enter the mod into NMM anymore, keeps giving me the error message "an error ocurred while parsing EntityName. Line 23, position 103

Try different bodies, UNP or CBBE or something created with Bodyslide.

Edit: Can't enter the mod into NMM anymore, keeps giving me the error message "an error ocurred while parsing EntityName. Line 23, position 103

Something wrong with ModConfig.xml.  I got that when doing final tests on the Castanics.  When I finally finished the race and packaged it for release, the message stopped appearing.  Odd because I use a template for simple installations, the same for the Elin race and addons which does not give the error message.  Stranger still is that I use MO and, even though I got the error message, MO installs the Castanic files without further problems.

So the be sure, the split forearm appears no matter what body type you are using?

How much trouble would it cause to use a UNP castanic race in CBBE armor?  I have probably 20-30 mods that use the CBBE body, I'd rather not have to reinstall that many for one body

If you equip CBBE armor on a UNP body, the most visible problem would be texture oddities like the nipple decals stretching below the breasts, the normal map might become blotchy, and an ugly seam around the hips.

You want to use CBBE so the answer is to replace the DG body meshes and textures, including hands and feet, with CBBE.  You will need to copy the CBBE meshes to the Castanic Meshes folder and do the same with the textures, copy the CBBE textures to the Castanic Textures folder.

Castanic Meshes - Adults

MESHES > TeraCastanic

Castanic Meshes - Youths

MESHES > TeraCastanicYouth

Castanic Textures - Adults

TEXTURES > TeraCastanic > AdultF (female)

TEXTURES > TeraCastanic > AdultM (male)

Castanic Textures - Youths

TEXTURES > TeraCastanic > ChildF (female)

TEXTURES > TeraCastanic > ChildM (male)

So the be sure, the split forearm appears no matter what body type you are using?

How much trouble would it cause to use a UNP castanic race in CBBE armor?  I have probably 20-30 mods that use the CBBE body, I'd rather not have to reinstall that many for one body

If you equip CBBE armor on a UNP body, the most visible problem would be texture oddities like the nipple decals stretching below the breasts, the normal map might become blotchy, and an ugly seam around the hips.

You want to use CBBE so the answer is to replace the DG body meshes and textures, including hands and feet, with CBBE.  You will need to copy the CBBE meshes to the Castanic Meshes folder and do the same with the textures, copy the CBBE textures to the Castanic Textures folder.

Castanic Meshes - Adults

MESHES > TeraCastanic

Castanic Meshes - Youths

MESHES > TeraCastanicYouth

Castanic Textures - Adults

TEXTURES > TeraCastanic > AdultF (female)

TEXTURES > TeraCastanic > AdultM (male)

Castanic Textures - Youths

TEXTURES > TeraCastanic > ChildF (female)

TEXTURES > TeraCastanic > ChildM (male)

I have 7 CBBE files in my </...common/skyrim/data/meshes folder>, and three TeraCastanic folders. NMM weirdness?

The Castanics have 3 MESHES subfolders:

MESHES > TeraCastanic (contains the body meshes for adults)

MESHES > TeraCastanic Assets (contains the horn meshes and skeletons)

MESHES > TeraCastanicYouth (contains the body meshes for the youths)

You will also see a folder for CharacterMakingExtender (for those who use ECE)(do not put any meshes in here).

The CBBE files are directly in the MESHES folder? 

If installed (correctly) for the vanilla race females then the CBBE meshes would be installed in MESHES > ACTORS > CHARACTER > CHARACTER ASSETS.

There would be 6 files:

• femalebody_0.nif
  • femalebody_1.nif
  • femalefeet_0.nif
  • femalefeet_1.nif
  • femalehands_0.nif
  • femalehands_1.nif

The Castanics have 3 MESHES subfolders:

MESHES > TeraCastanic (contains the body meshes for adults)

MESHES > TeraCastanic Assets (contains the horn meshes and skeletons)

MESHES > TeraCastanicYouth (contains the body meshes for the youths)

You will also see a folder for CharacterMakingExtender (for those who use ECE)(do not put any meshes in here).

The CBBE files are directly in the MESHES folder? 

If installed (correctly) for the vanilla race females then the CBBE meshes would be installed in MESHES > ACTORS > CHARACTER > CHARACTER ASSETS.

There would be 6 files:

• femalebody_0.nif
  • femalebody_1.nif
  • femalefeet_0.nif
  • femalefeet_1.nif
  • femalehands_0.nif
  • femalehands_1.nif

Yeah, they are.  I have CBBE2, CBBE2sl, CBBE3, CBBE3bs, CBBE3eros, CBBE3sl, CBBE3m.  They all have the Actors > Character > Character Assets > Files.  I also have the CharacterMakingExtender folder, which is odd because I don't use ECE, I use RaceMenu.

I cant seem to use the Main file on MO, I get an error when I add the file.

My outcome is slightly different, MO shows the fomod error, but installs the files anyway.

I'll replace the main pack with one that does not use installation scripts.

I managed to use your file you posted in the last page. Its working :P

UPDATE - Main Pack Update v1.1 - adds 3 new horns.

Lady Horus was gracious to allow me to add the latest Castanic horns from her Tera Armors mod (link in the first post).

3 new horns; 3 for females + 2 for males.

The horns were originally for females only, but 2 of them look rather nice for the male so I made an exception with these.

The main pack update only adds the new horns + edited master file so Castanic Race Main v1.0 is required.

Hey again. ^_^ Have been trying out your Castanic race and been really enjoying so far! I'm glad you contacted me about it. Really wish I'd seen it sooner. :) Keep up the great work! I'm not a huge Elin fan, but your Elin mod looks very good too from what I have seen of it. I'm very impressed with your work! Making new races is completely beyond me so, it's all very cool. :3

Nice to see the new horns too. ^_^

Here's my lovely lady, I absolutely love her as a Castanic. She was originally Dark Elf (which I also like) but this suits her perfectly. :D Thanks so much!

uwROECea.jpg

Hello Lady Horus.  Thank you for the kind words and for your work.

I can't take all the credit for the Elins as they went through many transitions done by different modders.  You can say I'm contributing to the project.

Your Castanic looks lovely and I must say I fell in love with some of the armors you converted.  One of them is shown in the screenshots I uploaded.

Thank you and take care.

• 1 year later...
On 7/19/2018 at 4:35 AM, darchangel891 said:

Is there a way to get the cute CBBE undies to work on the youths from this mod?  The vanilla undies are so hideous.

The meshes for the female/male youths are located in MESHES > TeraCastanicYouth.  Just swap the original youth meshes with the CBBE non-nude version.

The meshes for the female/male adults are located in MESHES > TeraCastanic.

The textures for the female youth are located in TEXTURES > TeraCastanic > ChildF.

The male youth is located in TEXTURES > TeraCastanic > ChildM.

The textures for the female adult are located in TEXTURES > TeraCastanic > AdultF.

The male adult is located in TEXTURES > TeraCastanic > AdultM.

5 hours ago, PsychoMachina said:

The meshes for the female/male youths are located in MESHES > TeraCastanicYouth.  Just swap the original youth meshes with the CBBE non-nude version.

The meshes for the female/male adults are located in MESHES > TeraCastanic.

The textures for the female youth are located in TEXTURES > TeraCastanic > ChildF.

The male youth is located in TEXTURES > TeraCastanic > ChildM.

The textures for the female adult are located in TEXTURES > TeraCastanic > AdultF.

The male adult is located in TEXTURES > TeraCastanic > AdultM.

Ok.  I have no clue how to do this, but I will try.  Thanks!
Will this change her breast size?  I dont want to give her a woman body.  That would just be weird