*Update-2016 September 29-New Horns + Screenshots* Tera Castanic Races

View File

Tera Castanic Race

Clever and skilled, Castanics are also opportunistic and hot-tempered. Never forgeting a friend and never abandoning an ally, they're also notoriously quick-tempered and have a tendency to decapitate first and accept apologies second. The Castanic are famous for the skill of its artisans and crafters. They are also adept merchants, cunning negotiators who love the interplay of bargaining, and strive to come out on top in every deal.

ABOUT

I have made the race playable WITHOUT being dependant on RaceMenu or ECE. This means the Castanics are compatible with either RaceMenu or ECE if you choose to use those.

This mod adds the Castanics as a playable race in Skyrim. There are the male and female adults as well as a separate Castanic Youths race featuring a teen male and female child.

Race Powers - Deva Bloodline.
Deva blood flows deep within and in battle you take half damage and do double damage for <60> seconds.
Unleashing the Deva within you will also cause nearby NPCs to stagger. This is the default version.

There is also a much stronger knockback version that has to potential to launch nearby NPCs, but beware, this will aggro everybody who is not of the Allies faction.

Race Abilities - Acquisition.
Castanics love to profit from their endeavors. Acquisition gives them the inherent ability to find extra gold where others will find little or none.

Skills - Adults
The adults specialize in the following major skills:
Two-Handed weapons.
Heavy armor.
Smithing.
Speech.

They can exhibit talent for the following minor skills:
One-Handed weapons.
Light armor.
Destruction magic.

Skills - Youths
The young Castanics specialize in the following major skills:
One-Handed weapons.
Light Armor.
Smithing.
Speech.
Conjuration.

They can exhibit talent for the following minor skills:
Two-Handed weapons.
Heavy armors.

CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATOIN MENU ("SHOWRACEMENU")

Castanic Horns and Custom Complexion and Warpaint Textures

The Castanic Horns are selected from the HORNS slider. The slider is found under the HEAD category.

There are a total of 26 horns; 13 for males and 13 for females.

COMPLEXION SLIDER
Tribal Scars (adult male and female).
Cute Designs Facepaints (adult female and child female).
Freckles (teen male and child female).

DIRT SLIDER
Replaced the dirt textures with warpaints (all Castanics).

WARPAINT SLIDER
Replaced the original warpaints with custom designs.

FACIAL HAIR
I had the adult male and teen male use the short and medium length beards. Long beards have been omitted.

PRESETS

I have made presets for both RaceMenu and ECE, all are included with the main files.
SCREENSHOTS

IMPORTANT
The first preset is male (applies to adult and teen) and the second preset is female (applies to adult and child). If you are using ECE, the first pop-up window that only shows 3 preset selections will contain the Castanic presets.

UPDATES
2016 September 29
UPDATE - Added Screenshots of the horns both new and old.
http://www.loverslab.com/topic/59491-update-2016-september-29-new-horns-tera-castanic-races/?p=1502584

FILE
- 2016Sep29_MAIN_UPDATE_v1.0 to v1.1.7z

REQUIREMENT
- 2016Sep26_MAIN_TeraCastanicRace_v1.0_NFS.7

• 3 new horns for females + 2 new horns for males.
  • Main pack v1.0 required. The update only adds the new horns + edited master file.
  • Thanks to Lady Horus for allowing me to include the new horns. Horns are from her Tera Armor collection.

2016 September 26

• Uploaded a new main package that does not use a FOMOD script.
  • Removed the previous pack that did used an installer script and showed an error when installing with NMM or MO.

If you manually install your mods or use Mod Organizer which will ignore the error message (personal experience),
- You do not necessarily need to update to the script-less pack.

If you use Nexus Mod Manager or, in your situation, Mod Organizer does not install the files,
- Install the new "NFS" (No FOMOD Scripts) version of the Castanic main pack.

2016 July 07

• Castanic race main pack upgraded to v1.0.
  • Contains the custom hairs compatibility patch (plugin).
  • No other changes.

FILES and INSTALLATION

GENERAL:

FOR RACEMENU USERS:

FOR ENHANCED CHARACTER EDIT USERS:

CASTANIC RACE: MAIN FILES

• *NEW* 2016July05_MAIN_TeraCastanicRace_v1.0.7z
  • *NEW* 2016Sep26_MAIN_TeraCastanicRace_v1.0_NFS.7z
  • *NEW* 2016Sep29_MAIN_UPDATE_v1.0 to v1.1.7z

CASTANIC RACE: OPTIONAL MASTER REPLACER BOOSTED RACE POWERS

• 2016March19_MAIN OPTION_TeraCastanicRace_BoostedRacePowers.7z

CASTANIC RACE: OPTION- BODYSLIDE PRESET

Install Bodyslide2.
Extract 2013March19_OPTION_BodyslidePreset_CastanicFemaleChild_v1.7z.
Copy CalienteTools folder from the Castanic Preset and merge with CalienteTools where bodyslide is installed.

PERMISSIONS

You cannot upload all or the horns to other sites that forbid the use and sharing of ripped contents, especially from Tera Online.

*HINT*

Nexus Mods and Steam Workshop

If the site allows it then give me and the other authors credit.

You can use the Castanic horns in your own mod, just give credit. If you want to use the tribal scars, complexion replacers, and/or warpaints then you will need to ask the author of those mods if they have not already expressly given permission.

CREDIT
Castanic race and Tera are the property of BlueHole Studios.
The Castanic horn meshes and textures are from the MMO Tera Online and property of BlueHole Studios.

<New Castanic Horns> <v1.1 Update>
LadyHorus' Tera Armor for UUNP Female and Vanilla Male...http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/79020/?

<BODIES>
Better Males by Chris57...http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/2488

Dream Girls Body by Petrovich...http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/41443

Bodyslide2-Outfit Studio by Caliente and Cell...http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49015/?

<TEXTURES>
Better Males by Chris57...http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/2488
+ textures from Melon Followers by Mali0723...http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/users/3833852/?tb=mods&pUp=1
- Melon Follower's textures is a modified version of Soft Touch Male Face Skin by Seongukh...http://blog.naver.com/seongukh/130143336775
- Soft Touch Male Face is a modified version of Genox Face and Younger Face by MrLenski

Pretty Face (Males) by TKTK1...http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/7887

Fair Skin Complexion by HHaleyy...http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51602/?
+ Adorable Face by Lumination...http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/61178

XCE Scarface by Xenius...http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/24600

Cute Designs by Cos76...http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/24154/?

The Neith Team Warpaints Set by Elaneith...http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54118/?

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/19/2016
  • Category
  • Requires
  • Special Edition Compatible

Thanks for the new race. I downloaded it last night.

Thank you.

I'm impressed that you bothered with the males at all, considering the neglect they normally get.

It would have made no sense transferring only half of a race from one game to another. 

First thanks for sharing this fantastic race. Second I have problem with horns, they are purple. I can't find textures for him. Any clue ?

Thank you.  The textures for the horns can be found in TEXTURES > TERACASTANIC > HAIRS. 

OK. I have, but why in game they are purple ?

It's possible that you're just running out of vram. Either that, or you just don't have the textures. It couldn't very well be anything else.

Nope : vram black, textures check. Maybe optimizer ?

OK. I have, but why in game they are purple ?

It's possible that you're just running out of vram. Either that, or you just don't have the textures. It couldn't very well be anything else.

Nope : vram black, textures check. Maybe optimizer ?

I have had Ordenador.exe do weird things before. Mostly when it gets closed during an optimization. Just try re-installing the mod, and if the textures show up then, that means you must have accidentally deleted them somehow. Probably fine to optimize them once you're sure they work.

Yes, it was optimizer. Now it's OK. Thanks.

• 3 months later...

I really want to use this,, but i cannot seem to change their hairs? Your image shows long hair, but all I get is an ugly Nord vanilla one and I cannot change it.

That's.. really it. The only thing that prevents me from using this. I do have a hair mod installed, but why would that block this ones? my Make-up mod doesn't interfere with the facial stuff.

@DesertElf

I believe the problem is I forgot to add the Castanic races to the HumanHeadparts formlist. I created a plugin that did just that while I was creating and testing the Castanics, but did not add those formlists to the final master file.

I will have an update this Thursday or later in the week because I don't have internet service at the moment and won't get it back until at least Wednesday. I'm using my phone to make this reply.

Also the new files will be uploaded to the updated site, new.loverslab.com or (updated) loverslab.com, whichever it's called when I finally upload the files.

UPDATE - Tera Castanic Races MAIN v1.0

Castanic race main pack is now v1.0.  The only change is the introduction of a custom hair compatibility patch.  The patch allows custom hairs to appear for the Castanic adults and youths.

The patch is a plugin and needs to be low in the load order, that is, after any custom hairs plugin so that those hairs will appear for the Castanics.

Also available at http://new.loverslab.com.

EDIT

Forgot to mention the update in the first post...fixed.

Edited by PsychoMachina
  • 1 month later...

When these types of problems occur, try reinstalling the files. 

If that did not fix the CTD, you will now have to verify that the skeletons are installed.  Go to MESHES > TeraCastanic Assets.  You should find 3 skeletons:

• skeleton.nif
  • skeleton_female.nif
  • skeleton_ygfemale.nif

If any of these are missing, you may need to manually reinstall the main pack or simply copy the 'TeraCastanic Assets' folder and merge with the folder (TeraCastanic Assets) you have installed.

Do you have the Castanic custom hair patch installed?  Do you have a lot of custom hairs installed?

Uninstall them and see if that fixed the CTD.  If it does, you will need to reduce the amount of hairs.

• 3 weeks later...

Expected to see actual castanic body shape (and textures)

This one seems more like a "random"  cbbe/unp/dream girl body shape

I really like the castanic body style from terra.

What I have learned long ago is that "you can't please everyone" and I'm fine with that.  You are going by what suits your own preference without taking into consideration that countless others are thinking the same thing, but their preference is not the same as your preference or the next person.

The female Castanic uses the Dream Girl body as is clearly listed in the credits.  I made my decision based on the high popularity of CBBE, UNP, and bodyslide plus the many popular textures for those bodies.

Additionally, there are Tera armors converted for CBBE or UNP and available here at LL and at Nexus.  Curious, are you planning on asking the authors of the armors ports to do all new sets using the original Castanic bodies?

What I have learned long ago is that "you can't please everyone" and I'm fine with that.  You are going by what suits your own preference without taking into consideration that countless others are thinking the same thing, but their preference is not the same as your preference or the next person.

The female Castanic uses the Dream Girl body as is clearly listed in the credits.  I made my decision based on the high popularity of CBBE, UNP, and bodyslide plus the many popular textures for those bodies.

Additionally, there are Tera armors converted for CBBE or UNP and available here at LL and at Nexus.  Curious, are you planning on asking the authors of the armors ports to do all new sets using the original Castanic bodies?

Oh dont get me wrong. its just that I expected actual castanic body ingame (didnt look at screenshots) lol

I mean if the title already is castanic race then one would expect to see castanic body and texture from tera no? I mean thats their main feature. Your elin body is definitely like a proper elin, which is incredible work btw!

If I could, I'd definitely try to make a castanic body, rework some existing body or simply somehow import original model and modify it to work with skyrim. However the fact that I need old blender or 3d max or whatever drives me away from this.

I only know how to use the more recent blender a little bit.

Oh dont get me wrong. its just that I expected actual castanic body ingame (didnt look at screenshots) lol

I mean if the title already is castanic race then one would expect to see castanic body and texture from tera no? I mean thats their main feature. Your elin body is definitely like a proper elin, which is incredible work btw!

If I could, I'd definitely try to make a castanic body, rework some existing body or simply somehow import original model and modify it to work with skyrim. However the fact that I need old blender or 3d max or whatever drives me away from this.

Let's say I bring over the actual Castanic body and textures, are you planning on playing your Castanic in his/her underwear or nude?  All existing armors are for popular Skyrim body types so equipping them would replace the original Castanic body with CBBE, UNP, or Lady Body, no?

The CBBE/UNP Tera armors have been around long before I ported the horns, which btw, I thought was their defining feature because without them they would look like another Elf race (unless technically they are; I don't know all of the lore).

Let's say I bring over the actual Castanic body and textures, are you planning on playing your Castanic in his/her underwear or nude?  All existing armors are for popular Skyrim body types so equipping them would replace the original Castanic body with CBBE, UNP, or Lady Body, no?

The CBBE/UNP Tera armors have been around long before I ported the horns, which btw, I thought was their defining feature because without them they would look like another Elf race (unless technically they are; I don't know all of the lore).

Honestly that would be cool.

Nude or Underwear doesnt matter to me really. However I guess it would make more sense to have a nude body.

Since it would be a unique body most thing wouldnt fit like you said (replaces the body). But I never use armors/bodies that dont fit each other anyway. A great solution to that was your body slide converter for the elins for example, basically anything fits that way perfectly.

Imho the tera armors would definitely look best for the actual body theyre made for heh

Castanics/elins have a distinct body type compared to all other skyrim popular body mods. A whole new body type. Thats what I like.

I also use blender sometimes to fit armors for a unique body that doesnt have bodyslide. I export the armor mesh from the nif file as obj, Import that in blender and fit it for the body mesh. Lastly export that mesh as obj and inject it into the nif file, overwriting the old armor mesh. Works, sometimes lol.

From all games I've played, tera had 2 races that really looked different for me (in a good way)

The elins (which you covered perfectly) and the castanics. When people talk about the game they mostly remember those 2 races.

You say the main features were the horns. They definitely are a part of that. But to me its also their slim body shape, textures and face that striked into my eyes. The whole package. Just like the elins.

Not telling you to do some work you dont want to do. Just telling you my sight on these races (or rather bodies) :P

I have no plans to port the Castanic body and head, maybe in the future.  Currently my ToDo list has the following:

1. Make some eyeglasses mods compatible with the Elins.
  2. Make the Elin dance idle compatible with Mud's Elin followers.
  3. Convert the Bijin NPCs (Warmaidens, Wives, NPCs) to Castanic.
  4. The Elin reaper.
  5. The Blade and Soul Lyn race.

I have no plans to port the Castanic body and head, maybe in the future.  Currently my ToDo list has the following:

1. Make some eyeglasses mods compatible with the Elins.
  2. Make the Elin dance idle compatible with Mud's Elin followers.
  3. Convert the Bijin NPCs (Warmaidens, Wives, NPCs) to Castanic.
  4. The Elin reaper.
  5. The Blade and Soul Lyn race.

The lyn race will be hard lol. Any plans on fo4 mods? Ports or something?