Bodyslide Armor and Clothes List

ceruleanboar

Hi Man' date=' could you consider another catagory for indirect slider support?

For example http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/17442 supports bodyslide because it uses an ESP to add a new variant of Ancient Nord. Much like mourners clothes just uses Farm1 and the two barmaid variants from one mesh.

[/quote']

+1 for listing scripted retextures as Bodyslide-compatible, or perhaps bodytype-agnostic. LayerBikini is a good example of scripted retexture. Noble Female Clothes is an excellent example of non-scripted retexturing... 14 nifs, 14 slidersets. :(

Hi Man' date=' could you consider another catagory for indirect slider support?

For example http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/17442 supports bodyslide because it uses an ESP to add a new variant of Ancient Nord. Much like mourners clothes just uses Farm1 and the two barmaid variants from one mesh.

[/quote']

+1 for listing scripted retextures as Bodyslide-compatible, or perhaps bodytype-agnostic. LayerBikini is a good example of scripted retexture. Noble Female Clothes is an excellent example of non-scripted retexturing... 14 nifs, 14 slidersets. :(

All of the Lust Designs ones are essentially the same way. However that is really how the original modder made the non-replacer.

Thinking about it any non-replacer that incidentally supports Killer Keos would also support your excellent work Stuffed_Bunny.

Ok I'm looking at this now and I'm not sure I understand. The example given doesn't support calientes bodyslide tool. It seems to only support the plain weight slider?

It does, but only because it shares the mesh with an armor that does support bodyslide. Just adding it on its own won't achieve anything without Caliente's Soldier pack

:idea: I'm not sure if this has already been covered in the thread - or if it is simply too silly a question, but...

I'm not sure I fully understand. What exactly is *meant* by "bodyslide armour"?

- Is it an armour/clothing set which will work seamlessly & correctly on *any* positioning/re-positioning of CBBE bodyslide settings regardless of which one it was originally built for? For example - an armour which was originally made for CBBEv3 being "bodyslide"-capable would automatically re-size itself for MAK's CBBEv3M if that's what the player had installed?

- Or is it simply an armour which has both a "_0" and "_1" value (ie: it will re-size to reflect a model's weight setting on the "Weight" slider)?

- ...or is it something completely different? :huh:

You're mostly correct.

weightslide is the standard support for body range via _0 and _1 models.

bodyslide is support for body shapes created via the bodyslide tool. So for your example you would need to create a CBBEv3M body in bodyslide, which is relatively easy, and then process the clothes out using that created body. Bodyslide clothes will usually support most of the sliders in the toolset, but if you go too far past 100% (like ~200%) you can create clipping.

You're mostly correct.

weightslide is the standard support for body range via _0 and _1 models.

bodyslide is support for body shapes created via the bodyslide tool. So for your example you would need to create a CBBEv3M body in bodyslide' date=' which is relatively easy, and then process the clothes out using that created body. Bodyslide clothes will usually support most of the sliders in the toolset, but if you go too far past 100% (like ~200%) you can create clipping.

[/quote']

Ahh - so, for example, to make MAK's Remodeled Armours bodyslide-capable, I would need to reapply them to the "MAKbody" re-creation that is in the list of body types in bodyslide? They're already set for MAK's CBBEv3M body, but do not work if that body is altered in bodyslide (ie: they don't "morph" with the body - if the character dons the armour, their body returns to a v3M shape).

Would that then be a relatively simple (time-consuming, but straightforward) operation of loading each remodeled armour up in 3DS Max with the "Mak Body" meshes?

That's correct' date=' the CBBEv3M body is basically hard-coded to the outfits in the version created by MAK.

Caliente's tutorial for converting is here under "Using Slidermaker Tutorial v1-0-1"

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/2666

I haven't looked through, so I don't know how complex the process is.

[/quote']

Excellent - ta! One further question - the "MAKBody" entry appears under the "CalienteBodyPlus" drop-down in Bodyslide. Would I need to create a new version of the MAKBody under the "CB++" drop-down in order for the modded armour to "read" CB++ slider settings?

The reason all this comes about is: I use MAK's CBBEv3M, plus his awesome armour conversions. I'd like to tweak the body, but obviously once I do there'd be no armour to fit the new morph.

Excellent - ta! One further question - the "MAKBody" entry appears under the "CalienteBodyPlus" drop-down in Bodyslide. Would I need to create a new version of the MAKBody under the "CB++" drop-down in order for the modded armour to "read" CB++ slider settings?

You could do that' date=' or you could use a text editor to copy the CB++ groups to the MAKBody preset. Just compare CB++Presets.xml with CalientePlusPresets.xml.

The reason all this comes about is: I use MAK's CBBEv3M, plus his awesome armour conversions. I'd like to tweak the body, but obviously once I do there'd be no armour to fit the new morph.

As proven by my keos ports, it's not rocket science to make outfits Bodyslidable. It's just extremely annoying, especially since there are so many NiTriShapes that the nifs can't be used as they are. To make it worse, there are boots and gloves and crap. So annoying... :sleepy:

Btw, I added an amulet package for CB++. Works for CBBE too.

You could do that' date=' or you could use a text editor to copy the CB++ groups to the MAKBody preset. Just compare CB++Presets.xml with CalientePlusPresets.xml.

As proven by my keos ports, it's not rocket science to make outfits Bodyslidable. It's just extremely annoying, especially since there are so many NiTriShapes that the nifs can't be used as they are. To make it worse, there are boots and gloves and crap. So annoying... :sleepy:

Btw, I added an amulet package for CB++. Works for CBBE too.

Very useful info - many thanks, stuffed_bunny! :)

Guest Jenova23

I'm not sure if anyone has released a complete clothing and armor replacer for Skyrim I currently have have Killer Keos Skimpy CBBE Armor Set installed and am missing a few bodyslide outfits have they been released somewhere? Also is there a body slide version for Dawnguard yet?

I'm not sure if anyone has released a complete clothing and armor replacer for Skyrim I currently have have Killer Keos Skimpy CBBE Armor Set installed and am missing a few bodyslide outfits have they been released somewhere? Also is there a body slide version for Dawnguard yet?

Unfortunately, there is only the stuff that stuffed_bunny has done as well as caliente. As far as a know.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone tried the conversion process ? I was much interested in it as I understand that would make any armor mod compatible with my own version of body slide !? So I tried for a couple of hours but no luck... then I'm not a modder :(

What does it take for a modder to make a "BodySlide" version of their armor ?

That should be the future right ? Less work for modders as they only have to make 1 version and 100% happy players since it will always match their body slide !

@ stuffed_bunny

are you taking conversion requests by any chance ?

Has anyone tried the conversion process ? I was much interested in it as I understand that would make any armor mod compatible with my own version of body slide !? So I tried for a couple of hours but no luck... then I'm not a modder :(

What does it take for a modder to make a "BodySlide" version of their armor ?

That should be the future right ? Less work for modders as they only have to make 1 version and 100% happy players since it will always match their body slide !

@ stuffed_bunny

are you taking conversion requests by any chance ?

Nope. :)

As for my conversion script' date=' to lazy to write anything new so I'll just go ahead and quote myself: :)

How do I proceed from this mesh to create a slider set?

Sliders or sliderset?

Sliderset: Copy an existing sliderset' date=' preferably one using many shapes. Or start with "CB++ KeosArmor - Dragonscale", it only has 2 shapes though so you have to add the rest. Example:

ShoulderWidth.bsd
Dragonscale_ShoulderWidth.bsd
DragonscaleStraps_ShoulderWidth.bsd

In the above, Dragonscale is the main shape, and DragonscaleStraps is the second. Near the start of the set you find the list of shapes:

BaseArmor
Straps

"target" refers to the name that is used in the sliderset, between the tags are the names used in the nif. It's often a good idea to use the same name in both the nif and the sliderset.

You see why I prefer a minimum of shapes? :)

Sliders: Export all shapes at their actual position. Most often transform->apply is enough to move the shape to where it should be. Then you need to use Convert-BSD for each shape to map them to the body, and convert the body sliders into shape sliders.

You can test Convert-BSD manually first. But with so many shapes (and so many outfits) it will quickly get frustrating without a batch file. Check "batch_Ported_Outfits.rd" to get an idea what it should look like.

folder: %Body/
body: %CalienteBody.obj

...means the sliders are in the "Body" folder. CalienteBody.obj is the body OBJ to map outfit shapes to.

; ______ Dragonscale
outfit: %KeosArmor/Dragonscale.obj
include: [sb cal]
exclude: []
outfit: %KeosArmor/Dragonscale_Straps.obj
include: [shoulderWidth BigTorso Waist ChubbyWaist Back]
exclude: []

The list of Dragonscale shape OBJ. "include" means convert these sliders (slidernames or sliderblocks), "exclude" means don't convert these.

[/quote']

• 2 weeks later...

:idea: This may very well seem silly, but...

I cannot for the life of me seem to get bodyslide armour/clothes to actually *work*.

I can install them, sure, install the CB++ sliders, etc., but I cannot get them to actually *fit* a bodyslide-modified body in-game - the body just shifts back to whatever it was prior to modding, until the clothes are removed. OR, the clothes are applied but just don't fit the body - ie: the modified body does not revert back to stock, but the clothes don't morph (they're "worn" as though the body is still whatever it was prior to using bodyslide). I do not understand what I am doing wrong, and several unsuccessful attempts at this over several months have not provided any clue ... :huh:

Archived