Slim Power Armor (like Courser X-92 or maybe Ironman) possible to enter and leave?

• 1 month later...
On 10/29/2017 at 4:34 PM, Hanson said:

But its the power frame which is most important ;) ... or lets say as essential as the skin thight looks

The frame can be the starting point for the PA and have armored parts that go over it that were similar to the combat armor pieces but more form fitting, that mod has various pieces that enclose the torso for the most part and use the slots that combat armor would otherwise use and the frame uses the body slot already. That armor is one step from being power armor.

Not sure if this is the right place for this idea but...

If we had a PA style outfit and helmet that has PA HUD we could use the teleporter lightning anim to enter and exit the PA instead of the tedious climbing in/out. And by extension we could carry an item e.g. grenade that we throw at our feet to bring the PA to us. 

in case that didnt make sense:

1) throw grenade/flare at your feet.

2) teleporter lightning anim plays on your character

3) after the animation, you have PA equipped. 

Inspiration for this idea came from seeing Niero's new courser outfit on the nexus.

• 1 month later...

Honestly, I've just love to have a power armor framework, so you can take the mechanics of the vanilla power armor, and stuff them into other frame designs. I mean, there's a workaround with that one anime-like and it's pilot suit, but that's just it, it's a workaround. Why not a system that allows both the bulky tanksuit and a more slim, proper exosuit?

5 hours ago, Kelinas said:

Honestly, I've just love to have a power armor framework, so you can take the mechanics of the vanilla power armor, and stuff them into other frame designs. I mean, there's a workaround with that one anime-like and it's pilot suit, but that's just it, it's a workaround. Why not a system that allows both the bulky tanksuit and a more slim, proper exosuit?

An easier to implement setup would be some kind of faux power armor. Have a frame you equip normally (just click like normal armor), then have pieces that attach to it. Kind of a modular build. There could be slim parts and larger bulky parts. That way you could have form fitting pieces and larger "hey ima tank" pieces. If we combined some things from automatron, we could even have options with sentry legs or assaultron style arms, or even back launchers.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hmm. Apparently power armor _frames_ accept sliders from LooksMenu; given that, would it not work to have a power armor frame with the armor pieces baked into the model, and equip armor pieces that have been made invisible, so they don't hide the frame?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I hate power armor from the game and never use it. I play a female character precisely because I like female ass more than mechanical or male. ) I don't want to hide this ass in metal. I would have made the exoskeleton more open, like in "Edge of Tomorrow", but I could not find any normal schemes for such armor anywhere to assemble it in max. If anyone has armor schemes, or just schematic drawings of the exoskeleton from this movie, then throw it off. I will do.