I'm trying to get the sweaty effect on my player character's head to work.

Player character is of custom race, all the options for head are enabled except for glossiness, but I've disabled that completely.

I've tried to rename the head part of the custom race to mirror the name used in the nif-file and I've also enabled racemenu's face overlays but nothing works.

Are there any more solutions I could try?

The sweat effect stopped working on my PC. So I stopped the effect with the view to it restarting, it did not restart. I had to reset/dump/stop all effects then select my PC to restart, now it's permanently stuck in "effect restarting". Any ideas?  UGH, it works for everybody else in my game but my PC.

Hi, is there a way to increase the glossiness and specular limits on the slider? on the sweaty wet skin auto adjustment the limits for the sliders are much higher. I wanted to give a more oily aspect then wet, and increasing the limit does the job. Anyways, awesome mod! best solution for what i've been looking for.

3 hours ago, myhouseatl said:

Not sure if this has been asked.  How does this effect bathing in Skyrim?  Textures are replaced with dirty looking texture.  Will that get overwritten?

Depends on if the Dirty Textures replace the actual skin textures of the body model or if the mod Bathing In Sky actually makes use of the Nio-Override system using Overlay(s).

I don't know the answer but if you happen to know the above you could arrive to the answer on your own.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2018 at 3:36 PM, jpee1965 said:

The sweat effect stopped working on my PC. So I stopped the effect with the view to it restarting, it did not restart. I had to reset/dump/stop all effects then select my PC to restart, now it's permanently stuck in "effect restarting". Any ideas?  UGH, it works for everybody else in my game but my PC.

I've had this happen too.

The mod starts out working perfectly but appears to break after several saves. When this happens, the mod will also start using the wrong overlay if I manage to get it running again. In my case, it starts to use one of Sexlab's cumshot textures. I notice that the MCM will show "DORMANT" for my PC under the target tab, when everything has gone to shit. These problems are local to the individual save and irreversible. If I remove the mod, clean the save, make a fresh save and restart the mod the problem persists. If I reload an earlier save it works again perfectly for a while up until some later point where it breaks again. The error appears to be happening with some kind of regularity.

I've duplicated the same problems with Sweaty Wet Skin as well so I'm guessing nop0x90  probably copied the bug from there.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone noticed their effect doesnt update/reapply when you unequip your pcs outfit? Its fine when i equip armor, but when i unequip, it doesnt update/apply the effect. (Ihave all the auto apply options enabled). Its only the body too, hands/feet/head update properly on equip/unequip.

Hello to everyone, I have a question. I always try to do some research before I post so bear with me if it answered already or just a stupid question, but I m overwhelmed with all the terms and files.

The mod works fine in my game for my character and other npc's. I just want the sweat textures to be applied, not the glossiness or the wetness. I tried to mesh with the mcm menu sliders for glossiness but the effect is still visible on either max or min values. So is there a way to disable it or is it a build in function of the mod and I m talking crazy here.

Coincidently the effect I want happens when I start the function on an npc, which applies the effect and the sweat, and when I stop the function the glossiness goes away and the sweat remains until the npc gets refreshed by loading a new cell or disable/enable via console.

On ‎31‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 5:22 AM, darkevilhum said:

Anyone noticed their effect doesnt update/reapply when you unequip your pcs outfit? Its fine when i equip armor, but when i unequip, it doesnt update/apply the effect. (Ihave all the auto apply options enabled). Its only the body too, hands/feet/head update properly on equip/unequip.

That happened to me too.Made me crazy,and was unable to fix it.I'm moving to SE,so I cant remember for sure,but you can save and reload and it will be fixed (only works once,when you remove the outfit will happen again).In my case I noticed the effect was still added but a lot weaker,so I increased the force in specular and glossines to the max in the visuals in MCM and got a lot better.

Hope it helps.God,I'm already missing this mod in SE :frown:

Thank you for this excellent mod, I have it auto applied on my followers only and it works as it should everywhere, under different weather conditions, except...

When my followers are sitting in a hot tub, namely in the bath house inside Aemer's Refuge by Mr. LeanWolf (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37450/), Wet Function Redux does not register them as wet, their wetness remains at 0.  I guess maybe I can tweak what the mod considers wet, because they are sitting in a jacuzzi, their heads are not wet, but the rest of their body is.  What sort of tweaks can I do in order for the mod to consider someone sitting in a hot tub wet?.  How does the mod determine when someone is wet?, is it only when water touches their heads?, can that be tweaked in a .ini?, using the sliders maybe?.   Same thing if we go to the hotsprings hunter camp by Eldergleam Sanctuary.  They sit in the hot spring, but no wetness is registered by Wet Function Redux.

I apologize it this has bee answered before, but I looked around and could find no answer.

Are the droplets options suppose to actually make it look like drops are falling from the body, head, hands, and feet? If so do I need anything else? everything is working fine but I don't see drops falling off of my character, Or will this work with Wet and Cold to get that effect? I see the droplets effect in the menu all checked but don't see any drops falling. Any info on this would be a big help, 

Thank you. 

Does this work with Wet and Cold? 

• 5 weeks later...

Can anyone help me with this mod. I try turning it on in the MCM menu but for some reason it stays dormant on the main character, it seems to work on every other NPC.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone still reads this, but does anyone have the head texture-swapping of this mod working with Bodychange? Or any other mod/custom race/etc that takes the player's textures out of their default location?

I love WetFunction, but I'm trying to use 8k skins for PC/2k for everyone else. Bodychange has worked best for me, but the Wetfunction head texture problem is one I just can't solve...

Thanks!

3 hours ago, CaptainBeyond69 said:

Maybe you didn't put it in the right spot 

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\textures\actors\character\WetFunction

I did tho (using MO btw)

explorer_2018-05-23_08-58-47.png

Anybody know why the mod won't work properly on existent saves or higher level characters? I saw sketch162000 comment, but I don't really get the same issue (no weird textures or error names), instead the effect does not apply at all (except for first person hands). If I try starting a new game, the mod works fine. I also tried cleaning the save from wetFunction scripts, but it did not help. Could this be somehow related to passive magical effects that you get from perks which override the wetFunction?

Some time ago I've posted here because of this dark face glitch with custom races and wet skin textures.

The custom race was using the common FemaleHead.nif all the vanilla races use.

To solve this problem I made a copy of that .nif, adjusted the textures referenced in it to the ones of the custom race and edited the HeadPart-Entry in the plugin file (the esp-file) to use the new head.

I hope this helps someone out there with the same problem.

This mod is confusing me. I'd like to use custom textures and I have these files in wet function. What do they each do? Is 001 dry state? Is 100 and 101 applied as just overlay to the other ones so that they appear with sweat droplets on them? Which ones represent soaked state? So the mod both can change gloss/specular level AND swap textures? What would happen if I didn't download these textures since they are optional???? I'd personally write you a readme/how to use.txt if someone could clarify. Thank you

48be64db2fb00f13c586366eb3912150.png