[Unity-3D , 3D-Adventure]Abandoned : A tale of forgotten lives (version 1.00 Final))

On 13.3.2018 at 4:32 PM, ChaylaKyja said:

Hello Kerny !

Great game, the story is cool and the graphics are great but I have an issue with character shadows (attached image) (settings : fantastic, GTX 1060 6GB drivers 390.65).

I can't wait to see more :smile:

AATOFL.jpg

Mh.. looks a bit weird but out of the box i do not really know if looks the same on my  PC.
I guess i need to start my version and take a picture to compare. Maybe a shader is failing in your version.

EDIT : I kind of found the error . it was in the quality settings of the lights. But i really have to think about that one. There is a slight performance difference between the hard shadows i currently use and the soft shadows.
I guess i create an option menu where i change the shadows between soft/hard/off. (noted on to do list)

2 Questions:

1: Would it ever be possible to add in an 'outfit' that would just allow the girls to walk around completely in the nude? I could somewhat pull it off using the bikini and chastity/rope outfits, but wondering if there's any plans for adding the option to remove clothes altogether.

2: And the most important question to me: Will it be possible in the future to add in an option to give Aemi human looking arms/legs? I know she's an android and all that, but wondering if its possible to add in the option to give her a more appealing appearance.

On 14.3.2018 at 9:12 PM, MrBojingo said:

2 Questions:

1: Would it ever be possible to add in an 'outfit' that would just allow the girls to walk around completely in the nude? I could somewhat pull it off using the bikini and chastity/rope outfits, but wondering if there's any plans for adding the option to remove clothes altogether.

Mh.. i thought i had implemented a nude option for Aemi and Vivian in version 0.61 in the *Changes clothes* dialouge option.
(need to check in my version)

EDIT : Found a error in Aemi's nude option. Fixed in dev version.

On 14.3.2018 at 9:12 PM, MrBojingo said:

2 Questions:

2: And the most important question to me: Will it be possible in the future to add in an option to give Aemi human looking arms/legs? I know she's an android and all that, but wondering if its possible to add in the option to give her a more appealing appearance.

It is already on the *to do list* but... i need a good side story for it (Victor finds special device or something like that) or maybe i include this into the command section story.
Don'T know yet >_<

• 2 months later...

Loving the game having tons of fun teasing them. Just got a few questions.

First: Does the Symbiote suit make them horny over time or is it basically just a chastity suit same for the rope bondage suit.

Second: Other than I presume the fight where if you surrender you get the Vivian Enema bit, are there any other items you miss by winning fights or any that you lose if you fail.

Third: I saw on some posts a version of Aemi (also how do you say that I have been going with Emi or Ami) has normal skin on her arms and legs how do I do that in the current public build or if it is a patreon build thing how would I do it when that is released.

Fourth: How much control does Aemi have like could she override the collars, chastity stuff, armbinders etc if she wanted or would it say no you aren't the registered owner/not human and then punish her.

Next 2 small suggestion, 1 larger suggestion and a not sure suggestion. The first is the choice to have silent nipple and vagina vibrators maybe as a upgrade because the sound can get a bit annoying, especially when it is overlapping. The second is to have the communication device either have its own key when you unlock it or have it at the top of the items list for ease of use. The third is to have machines with restraints strip any arm bindings off them first, so it doesn't look odd then replace them when they are released. Maybe a tendril grabs them and pulls it off and holds it till released. The final suggestion is to remove combat encounters as it feels really clunky and awkward and from what I can see only used a max of 3 to 4 times. (this last one is a personal thing)

Also it might be asking a bit much but is there any chance for a list of acquirable items and where/how to get them, I think I have most but am missing some. What I mean is like
Metal Armbinders: Found in the android shop after unlocking the crew quarters.
Communication Device: Got by asking Aemi if she has anything to talk about after doing the symbiote quest.

Final thing Victor is going to have so much trouble trying to get all those machines on his ship. I mean we have 2 restraint machines, 1 inflatable bondage device, 1 milking machine, one API test machine, 2 restraint tables, 1 delivery machine and likely more to come. I doubt unless forced to leave fast Aemi and Vivian would let such wonderful equipment be lost.

4 hours ago, Shiranui_Mahamayah said:

First: Does the Symbiote suit make them horny over time or is it basically just a chastity suit same for the rope bondage suit.

As far as i can remmember the symbiote suit does not act as a chastity belt but it should increase arousal after time.

Second: Other than I presume the fight where if you surrender you get the Vivian Enema bit, are there any other items you miss by winning fights or any that you lose if you fail.

Nope , it is just this one fight (in the maintaince sector) where you loose the ability to use a machine if you win the fight.

Third: I saw on some posts a version of Aemi (also how do you say that I have been going with Emi or Ami) has normal skin on her arms and legs how do I do that in the current public build or if it is a patreon build thing how would I do it when that is released.

This happens at the end of the command section storys wich is currently only avaliable in the patreon beta but i will release a public beta soon wich will include the command section story as well as all usable devices as generic events.

Fourth: How much control does Aemi have like could she override the collars, chastity stuff, armbinders etc if she wanted or would it say no you aren't the registered owner/not human and then punish her.

Armi /Vivian is not allowed to override any attachments. Once it is attached onto the body only the player can remove them ^_^

The first is the choice to have silent nipple and vagina vibrators maybe as a upgrade because the sound can get a bit annoying, especially when it is overlapping.

Mh... i can make lower the volume of those things a little bit.

The second is to have the communication device either have its own key when you unlock it or have it at the top of the items list for ease of use.

Uff.. that would require a change in the inventory script and since i am very close in finishing this game i would not like to touch any of these scripts anymore. I guess i have to rework most of my scripts in the next game anyway. (and get rid of thast stupid inventory system)

The third is to have machines with restraints strip any arm bindings off them first, so it doesn't look odd then replace them when they are released. Maybe a tendril grabs them and pulls it off and holds it till released.

I am sorry but that is just too much work. . I would have to rework ALL animations/Meshes from ALL machines so they are able to unlock the armbidners and then lock them after use again.

The final suggestion is to remove combat encounters as it feels really clunky and awkward and from what I can see only used a max of 3 to 4 times. (this last one is a personal thing)

Ahmm.. i think i implemented a skip button in the command section beta so the player can just loose on purpose :)

(and i guess i will not implement this fight stuff into my next game)

Also it might be asking a bit much but is there any chance for a list of acquirable items and where/how to get them, I think I have most but am missing some. What I mean is like

Metal Armbinders: Found in the android shop after unlocking the crew quarters.
Communication Device: Got by asking Aemi if she has anything to talk about after doing the symbiote quest.

Once i will release the final public beta i planned on making pictures of the maps will all locations of all findable machines.

Final thing Victor is going to have so much trouble trying to get all those machines on his ship. I mean we have 2 restraint machines, 1 inflatable bondage device, 1 milking machine, one API test machine, 2 restraint tables, 1 delivery machine and likely more to come. I doubt unless forced to leave fast Aemi and Vivian would let such wonderful equipment be lost.

Unfortunately they only have Victors little ship and since it is not big enough to fit in all the machines they have to leave them onto the station.
IF i ever create a sequel to this game i maybe re-use old machines of invent entirely new ones.. we will see :)

I hope i could help a bit , but asking for big changes is realyl too much for one person only working in the weekend on this.

3 minutes ago, Kerny said:

As far as i can remember the symbiotic suit does not act as a chastity belt but it should increase arousal after time.

Nope , it is just this one fight (in the maintenance sector) where you loose the ability to use a machine if you win the fight.

This happens at the end of the command section story which is currently only available in the patreon beta but i will release a public beta soon which will include the command section story as well as all usable devices as generic events.

Aemi/Vivian is not allowed to override any attachments. Once it is attached onto the body only the player can remove them ^_^

Mh... i can make lower the volume of those things a little bit.

Uff.. that would require a change in the inventory script and since i am very close in finishing this game i would not like to touch any of these scripts anymore. I guess i have to rework most of my scripts in the next game anyway. (and get rid of that stupid inventory system)

I am sorry but that is just too much work. . I would have to rework ALL animations/Meshes from ALL machines so they are able to unlock the armbinders and then lock them after use again.

Ahmm.. i think i implemented a skip button in the command section beta so the player can just loose on purpose :)

(and i guess i will not implement this fight stuff into my next game)

Once i will release the final public beta i planned on making pictures of the maps will all locations of all find-able machines.

Unfortunately they only have Victors little ship and since it is not big enough to fit in all the machines they have to leave them onto the station.
IF i ever create a sequel to this game i maybe re-use old machines of invent entirely new ones.. we will see :)

I hope i could help a bit , but asking for big changes is really too much for one person only working in the weekend on this.

No problem I didn't think any of the suggestions would be accepted, I just thought I would mention them just in case.

As for the suit it triggers the hey can you come help me shower event because I'm in chastity event, and I remember Aemi say that "it blocks access unless it detects a male in which case it allows entry since it knows it will get more fluid that way".

As for the devices they could always make some extra trips. That said most are either very small or can be broken down and carried in a backpack, to my knowledge only the 2 restraining machines can't be broken down, and that's very small. Worst comes to the worst its space drag them home in a large container, or to save space Aemi and Vivian could even hold onto one, I don't think they would mind if you get my drift.

As for the devices thing I don't mean in the game, I meant lorewise. For example, if say after they escape the station they are playing around when victor was badly injured, but they were restrained could she be hack the devices and tell them to release.

As for the vibrators yer I think lowering the volume is the best bet, because they are always on sometimes they get annoying, but are also just about the best way to raise initial arousal. I still think that maybe having a second version that is silent but provides the same effect might be nice but if its hard to do then never mind.

7 hours ago, Shiranui_Mahamayah said:

No problem I didn't think any of the suggestions would be accepted, I just thought I would mention them just in case.

It is good to mention them them but since i am close to finish this game i would rather not make bit changes to basic functions.
And i made a big.. big mistake (i really need to mention this again) when i started this game. I created two different skeletons for Aemi and Vivian and this is the reason i really need to finish this game and start a new since EVERY animation for EVERY device must be create twice. One animation set for Aemi and one for Vivian. Biggest mistake i have done... srsly...

This is also why i do not want to touch the animations anymore :(

As for the suit it triggers the hey can you come help me shower event because I'm in chastity event, and I remember Aemi say that "it blocks access unless it detects a male in which case it allows entry since it knows it will get more fluid that way".

IT could be that the suit also acts as a chastity device , i  currently do not have the editor open to look into the script. It's been a while since i created this thing xD

As for the devices they could always make some extra trips. That said most are either very small or can be broken down and carried in a backpack, to my knowledge only the 2 restraining machines can't be broken down, and that's very small. Worst comes to the worst its space drag them home in a large container, or to save space Aemi and Vivian could even hold onto one, I don't think they would mind if you get my drift.

Uff.... TO be honest if i ever create a sequel to this game i wanted to start anew and only carry over the things wich are really necessary. Devices wich can be carried on the bodys of the girls for example. I guess i will implement the big things later back into the game once i have figured out where the trio can actially live. ( my idea would be in a bigger spaceship or maybe a base on somekind of planet)

As for the devices thing I don't mean in the game, I meant lorewise. For example, if say after they escape the station they are playing around when victor was badly injured, but they were restrained could she be hack the devices and tell them to release.

I do not think that they will play around when Victor is badly injured :)

As for the vibrators yer I think lowering the volume is the best bet, because they are always on sometimes they get annoying, but are also just about the best way to raise initial arousal. I still think that maybe having a second version that is silent but provides the same effect might be nice but if its hard to do then never mind.

I had planned a second version but to also squeeze them into the game now would be... arggss... i still have many things things to do and i really want to finish this project.
I will just lower the volume of the vibrators >_<

• 1 month later...

Okay .. i uploaded a new public beta for everyone.

It is currently public 0.95 with a feature complete set of.. features xD

Download link : https://mega.nz/#!dZEGEY4L!TmqWVZrTiavJfsXt4B1Aq-uWgxUZEe0rYHcZtPRNyJw

Patreon post with more details (or just go to the first site of this topic) : https://www.patreon.com/posts/aatofl-public-0-20219720

Change log : 0.75 to 0.95 (Feature complete  public beta)
- Fixed : Many little things and story blockers if forgot about ~_~
- Fixed : Gag event in hydroponics was still avaliable after command section story
- Added : story mods can now be loaded as pure spellcorrections
(Disable the -full- story mod injection in gameplay menu and activate only the story mod injection)
- Added unique and Generic events for the strap on dildo
- Added unique and Generic events for the strap on dildo test device
- Added unique and Generic events for the Secure wait device
- Added unique and Generic events for the commercial cleaning device
- Added dialouges for Aemi and Vivian (AI life event triggers)
- Added end scene
- Added 1500 VN frames

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations on completing your game Kerni. Read your patreon (I check every week :) ) and it seemed like you thought that few people like your game due to lack of responses. Just wanted to let you know that I loved your game it was the best 3d game i've played, there are 2 reasons I don't respond to posts (and others might be like this also) 1: i'm not a patreon so I cant comment there (because rules I guess? 0.o) and I'm often too lazy to sing in here. 

I know you already made a decision about the 1 vs 2 posts, but seeing as i'm already here I liked the 2 posts but just having 1 is not going to be a detriment and I will still be checking in on the latest every week (or whatever the new schedule becomes ;) ).

As a final note while you are making changes (good luck with C# by the way) if at all possible you might want to change models so you don't have to do twice the work like with Aemi and Vivian.

Again thanks for the great game and I look forward to any and all future content you may make. You are with out a doubt the one of the best game developers i've had the honor to play the game of.

All the best for the future.

1 hour ago, Omega2501 said:

Congratulations on completing your game Kerni. Read your patreon (I check every week :) ) and it seemed like you thought that few people like your game due to lack of responses. Just wanted to let you know that I loved your game it was the best 3d game i've played, there are 2 reasons I don't respond to posts (and others might be like this also) 1: i'm not a patreon so I cant comment there (because rules I guess? 0.o) and I'm often too lazy to sing in here.

It is okay , i was just a bit confused that the release post of 0.95/096 seem to be ignored for some reasons.

I know you already made a decision about the 1 vs 2 posts, but seeing as i'm already here I liked the 2 posts but just having 1 is not going to be a detriment and I will still be checking in on the latest every week (or whatever the new schedule becomes ;) ).

Once the development reaches a stable state i will make a pool and ask my people if i should switch back to the usual  two posts in a week. But.. since i can not do that much work on one weekend it is not really worth two posts. It is more spam than everything else (in my mind).

As a final note while you are making changes (good luck with C# by the way) if at all possible you might want to change models so you don't have to do twice the work like with Aemi and Vivian.

This.. so much this. I really do not want to do this error twice. And i will not >_<

Again thanks for the great game and I look forward to any and all future content you may make. You are with out a doubt the one of the best game developers i've had the honor to play the game of.

I hope i can hold my level of quality , it will be hard and time conuming to raise this level even more so i can only hope to keep it. And i am kind of afraid that my in game topics will get boring after a while but... we will see.

• 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, rodri123 said:

do you know where i can find mods for this game? i read people talking about mods but i dont find any link

I call them story-mods (i know the name can be a bit missleading) because they are not -real- mods. The mods they are referring to is mostly spellchecking with the integrated mod downloader wich is only able to change the story (if there is even a mod for this) but you are not able to change any models /animations etc..

you can only change the story with the mod framework and that's about it. it is mostly used for spellchecking.

• 3 weeks later...

I just discovered this game the other day and finished playing through it this evening. Overall, I really enjoyed playing this. So first and foremost, thank you for making this game and making it available. ?

I saw that version 0.96 has been out for a couple months and is listed as a final release candidate. Are you still making any additional changes? I ask because I've encountered a couple issues in my playthrough.

First and foremost, the game crashes all the time. I've had stretches where I could play for a few hours with no problems, but I've also had stretches where I was lucky to go a few minutes between crashes. There have been a few different varieties of crashes too. The most common one I've seen isn't really a full crash. I can still hear all the sounds, and I get feedback sounds if I try to do something like jump, so the game is still running. However, the screen goes to an empty window showing my desktop behind it. So the game's still running, but I can't see anything. When it happens, I have to alt-tab out of the game, and then close and restart it. I also had several blue screen crashes. They weren't as common, but still happened frequently. Less commonly, I had at least one time where the game reported an error and closed. As much as I enjoyed playing the game while it worked, the frequent crashes made it very difficult to keep going. Since I didn't turn up tons of people complaining about it in a quick search, I'm assuming this is something isolated to something unusual in my system. Is there any information I could provide that might help uncover any potential issues?

Second, I ran into a problem at the very end of the game. I had completed the command deck scenario, played through every additional event and found every item I could manage after that, and didn't really have much else to do besides viewing the ending. Shortly before my last save, I had decided to pick up all the devices in the landing bay to reorganize them now that I knew how many there were. When I went to start placing them again, I found that I couldn't replace most of them. I could place one of the waiting devices, and maybe a couple other random items. But if I tried to place anything else, the game would instead have me reposition the one waiting device I had already placed. I tried reloading the save, changing areas, restarting the game, etc. to see if I could reset something, but I had no luck. On that save file, I'm now simply unable to use most of the devices I've collected.

Just to reiterate, I really enjoyed the game. If there's any chance of fixing a few issues like these, that would make it even better. I'd love to see more from you in the future.

currently downloading the linux build. i hope it launches properly. i will most likely have to use low(est) settings, but i'll send feedback.

download took ages and almost froze my system.

extraction took ages and almost froze my system.

files could not be executed.

i'm trying if there was a fault during extraction - other than that, i wil ltry the win dl and use wine to run it.

On 10/3/2018 at 4:48 PM, js3817702 said:

I just discovered this game the other day and finished playing through it this evening. Overall, I really enjoyed playing this. So first and foremost, thank you for making this game and making it available. ?

I saw that version 0.96 has been out for a couple months and is listed as a final release candidate. Are you still making any additional changes? I ask because I've encountered a couple issues in my playthrough.

First and foremost, the game crashes all the time. I've had stretches where I could play for a few hours with no problems, but I've also had stretches where I was lucky to go a few minutes between crashes. There have been a few different varieties of crashes too. The most common one I've seen isn't really a full crash. I can still hear all the sounds, and I get feedback sounds if I try to do something like jump, so the game is still running. However, the screen goes to an empty window showing my desktop behind it. So the game's still running, but I can't see anything. When it happens, I have to alt-tab out of the game, and then close and restart it. I also had several blue screen crashes. They weren't as common, but still happened frequently. Less commonly, I had at least one time where the game reported an error and closed. As much as I enjoyed playing the game while it worked, the frequent crashes made it very difficult to keep going. Since I didn't turn up tons of people complaining about it in a quick search, I'm assuming this is something isolated to something unusual in my system. Is there any information I could provide that might help uncover any potential issues?

Second, I ran into a problem at the very end of the game. I had completed the command deck scenario, played through every additional event and found every item I could manage after that, and didn't really have much else to do besides viewing the ending. Shortly before my last save, I had decided to pick up all the devices in the landing bay to reorganize them now that I knew how many there were. When I went to start placing them again, I found that I couldn't replace most of them. I could place one of the waiting devices, and maybe a couple other random items. But if I tried to place anything else, the game would instead have me reposition the one waiting device I had already placed. I tried reloading the save, changing areas, restarting the game, etc. to see if I could reset something, but I had no luck. On that save file, I'm now simply unable to use most of the devices I've collected.

Just to reiterate, I really enjoyed the game. If there's any chance of fixing a few issues like these, that would make it even better. I'd love to see more from you in the future.

see post xD

On 10/4/2018 at 7:11 AM, DeadSomething said:

currently downloading the linux build. i hope it launches properly. i will most likely have to use low(est) settings, but i'll send feedback.

download took ages and almost froze my system.

extraction took ages and almost froze my system.

files could not be executed.

i'm trying if there was a fault during extraction - other than that, i wil ltry the win dl and use wine to run it.

Unfortunately i can not give any support for linux/mac system since i do not have these.
And my game is very very demanding and needs about 5 GB of free ram to properly load and execute so.. i guess if you have a weak system you will encounter problems :(

Evil doublepost ^_^

Patch for the windows 0.96 version of the game

just copy the folder -Managed- and insert it into your -AATOFL_Data- folder.

Fixed : Object placement of the secure wait device , public cleaning device and strap on test machine.
known bug : when using a old savegame the secure wait device number 1 will be not placeable to fix this open the savegame search for "SecureWaitingDevice1" and change it to "SecureWaitingDevice"
Added : Changing of FOV to use with vorp X VR software.
How to : Where your sabvegames are , create a text file named FOV.txt then open it and write any number in it ranging from 2 to 359

No full playthrough has been made by me but i guess i did not broke any important things ^_^

AATOFL patch 0.96 version 1.zip

Playing through the game again fresh on v.96 after having maintained a save from the time when labs were the only other place you could go.

I must concur with Xenoramos.

I can't seem to get spellcheck mode working for me, but I'm still definitely interested in contributing to that if you don't already have the help lined up.

On 10/4/2018 at 7:13 PM, Kerny said:

Unfortunately i can not give any support for linux/mac system since i do not have these.
And my game is very very demanding and needs about 5 GB of free ram to properly load and execute so.. i guess if you have a weak system you will encounter problems :(

too bad. any chance of adding settings which lower the requirements?

2 hours ago, DeadSomething said:

too bad. any chance of adding settings which lower the requirements?

There is the built in settings dialoige from unity 3d in wich you are able to change graphic settings. (lower resolution of the textures , lower effects details etc etc..)
You can change them but at a certain point the game will look like potatoe mode >_<

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, Kerny. I have a question regarding possible bug with scripts. I'm started a fresh new game on the latest version with patch applied, and at some point enabled the arousal monitor menu (F4). I noticed, that Vivian's arousal stays still, when she has no devices equipped, but Aemi's one is rising by itself, although I removed all the devices, and asked her to put clothes, that covers all of her 'naughty spots'. I don't remember such thing to happen in my previous playthroughs. So, is it a bug, and if so, how can I fix it? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Oh, nevermind, it was pretty easy to fix. I opened the save file, and found out, that variable SC17_AemiIsInRestraines was set to true for some reasons. I will attach my save, in case you want to find the reason of the bug (it's original save, before my edits).

AATOFL_Save_6.txt

EDIT2: Okay, now I'm confused. Shortly after I loaded edited save, both girls' arousal started to grow by itself over time. I think I'll better wait for your answer on what the intended behaviour actually is.

UPD: Also, I'm stuck on getting remote vibration controller work. I grabbed it, but Aemi and Vivian have no dialogue lines about it. I remember using it in previous playthroughs, but can't remember how I made it work. Where should I start for using it? Got it, just needed more questline progress.