Fortaleza Armor - WIP

ralfetas

Ok it looks really good.

A couple issues with the GO file. First, there's a mesh problem with one of the boots. Looks like while it was being moved to align it for the GO file some vertices got screwed up. Fixing it might be harder than just remaking the file from scratch. See the last part of this post regarding that.

Sample images

The problem with the GO file going into oblivion is the bounding sphere. Select the BSTriShape of the armor, then scroll down to bounding sphere and expand it. Your radius is 0. This is kinda like saying it basically has no substance.

A quick sample setting of:

Center X:0.0 Y:0.0 Z:200.0

Radius 300.0

Gets a sphere that basically engulfs the whole display piece. This is a good starting point but there's still an issue with it. If the piece gets turned upside down it will still clip through the floor and you can only see the bottom of the boots sticking up.

Sample

Good position attachicon.gifScreenShot101.jpg

Upside downattachicon.gifScreenShot100.jpg

Because of how the physics data that was copied works, it expects a long flat object that will be laying down like the vault suit is. A simple solution would be to rotate the boots to be horizontal and then lay the torso piece on top. Optionally with the other small pieces, though for a GO object I don't think it's really required. You don't need to show off every little piece, just give the player an idea of what they're looking at and what the object signifies.

Thanks a lot SlapMeSilly, you always have the answers! :)

I will think on another GO file, i made this way because i thought it would be cool as a decoration piece :)

I will check this sphere first, the missing polygon is something strange indeed, in special because is only in one piece, i think this could be the problem that nifskope solve for me.

This physics data, is there any way to edit those numbers?

Nice.

But now I have to ask, Does rename NiTrishape to TriShape worked? or how you make the Go file work in FO4??

No need to rename, simply right-click the "BSSubIndexTriShape" block(s) and choose "Convert -> Bethesda -> BSTriShape" in NifSkope.

"NiTriShape" is Skyrim stuff, nothing to do with FO4.

No need to rename, simply right-click the "BSSubIndexTriShape" block(s) and choose "Convert -> Bethesda -> BSTriShape" in NifSkope.

"NiTriShape" is Skyrim stuff, nothing to do with FO4.

Thanks for trying to help, but I have to say, I don't know nothing about meshes, I can convert some stuff in OS and thats it, it just happened to have finished converting one piece from Skyrim that have one Go file, and saw this comment

myuhinny

Pretty sure to get a trishape you just change the name of NiTriShape or whatever is in the line for each item in a nif. Like double click NiTriShape and change it to trishape. I just checked and that seems to change what it is. Not sure if there are any other spot that could be changed or not.

then Ralfetas said it was working so I was just trying to understand if it was just that.

I take a peek in the GO file and did not see the "BSSubIndexTriShape", I expand everything and didn't find it,

So, Thanks for trying to help  :shy:  but no luck for me.

Finish the model for the mk2 version, i use as base one of my last outfits, but i have to improve a lot the mesh, the model may looks the same, but all polys is different, almost made from zero, so i will not have any clipping problems.

For the next update i will make all the pieces individual, i am planning this, make 3 bodys, 1 naked and 2 bodysuits, making bodysuit is very easy, in special this way, will be almost like a retexture for cbbe, them split the armor in arms, torso and legs, so anyone can combine styles.

I will see how this will works, if works ok i will add the other 2 outfits i have plan, will be a lot of work, but the possibilities are going to be amazing.

3OAxjCah.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have updated the mod, lots of new stuff, any C&C are welcome!

Great mod! Is there any chance you could break the chest into multiple parts, Like having the back armor and the spine armor as one separate piece, I'd like to mix and match and this would be awesome!

Wonderful mod!

@Sybsidian

Use outfit studio load it into outfit studio and zap everything that you don't want do this for however many times you want you can do this and make each piece a solo piece. You will have to learn how to add them to the game yourself as I have no clue on that part of it.

@Sybsidian

Use outfit studio load it into outfit studio and zap everything that you don't want do this for however many times you want you can do this and make each piece a solo piece. You will have to learn how to add them to the game yourself as I have no clue on that part of it.

Oh, You can zap parts off one by one? O.o I've never tried that before. But mainly I write content :P so I guess I'll need to take a quick peak into altering something in studio. Know of any guides on it? :) 

Also Thank you. I must say this community is very helpful. 

@Sybsidian

Oh, You can zap parts off one by one? O.o I've never tried that before. But mainly I write content :P so I guess I'll need to take a quick peak into altering something in studio. Know of any guides on it? :)

Also Thank you. I must say this community is very helpful.

https://youtu.be/uWNJmn5KIJ0

Video by Nightasy. Note the zap doesn't happen till you build the outfit, not in outfit studio.

Indeed, i use outfit studio for breaking the armor into pieces, but after some tests i decide to just break the mesh into obj pieces.

That is a much safer method. There are reports that using a huge amount of zaps causes some computers to ctd sometimes.

Hmm not really.

The FO4 crash was caused by the segments not resetting properly when you zapped something off a shape and the game might have gotten confused sometimes.

Should be fixed in v3.3 for all existing outfits (but it will remove dismemberment if existing).

I break the mesh into varios, because it was faster to delete export 5 times, them making 5 zap sliders

I check the bodyslide 3.3 now, and WOW, now i don't even need nifskope anymore :)

In special that now bodyslide see BC compression, this is way cool.

• 5 months later...

Ralfetas and I need a little help here to prove something, I'm using Ralfetas latest versions of this from Nexus download, I have all the outfits and wetsuits installed ok. I have been adding them to NPC's outfits manually in GECK for a while with no issues.

But as of the latest updates, MK1-5 and Wetsuit1 still work fine but the new outfits MK6 and Wetsuit2 are causing a CTD in GECK worldspace when added. They appear fine in game though, and if I view them in the ArmorAddon they look fine too.

I've reinstalled and tried swapping between the 4k and 2k versions of textures with no change leading me to believe either something crazy is happening at my end or theres some meshy voodoo quirk going on.

I have experienced this before with the NightOps outfit and Manacles set uploaded here and gave up on them. I remember this issue with some New Vegas outfits too.

Can someone else with the CK try adding the Wetsuit2 and Mk6 parts to an NPC to see if they get the sme issue and prove whether I'm crazy or not :)

Ralfetas and I need a little help here to prove something, I'm using Ralfetas latest versions of this from Nexus download, I have all the outfits and wetsuits installed ok. I have been adding them to NPC's outfits manually in GECK for a while with no issues.

But as of the latest updates, MK1-5 and Wetsuit1 still work fine but the new outfits MK6 and Wetsuit2 are causing a CTD in GECK worldspace when added. They appear fine in game though, and if I view them in the ArmorAddon they look fine too.

I've reinstalled and tried swapping between the 4k and 2k versions of textures with no change leading me to believe either something crazy is happening at my end or theres some meshy voodoo quirk going on.

I have experienced this before with the NightOps outfit and Manacles set uploaded here and gave up on them. I remember this issue with some New Vegas outfits too.

Can someone else with the CK try adding the Wetsuit2 and Mk6 parts to an NPC to see if they get the sme issue and prove whether I'm crazy or not :)

same problem here

crashes as soon as i change the outfit,

same problem here

crashes as soon as i change the outfit,

Oh thank goodness, its not just me, I have been trying everything else I thought could be related. Maybe someone with some mesh knowledge might have a few pointers for fixing it. It doesn't seem to be a show stopper for regular use, just us modders trying to add them to NPC's. Color doesn't seem to matter either so I'm guessing its not texture related.

Oh thank goodness, its not just me, I have been trying everything else I thought could be related. Maybe someone with some mesh knowledge might have a few pointers for fixing it. It doesn't seem to be a show stopper for regular use, just us modders trying to add them to NPC's. Color doesn't seem to matter either so I'm guessing its not texture related.

are you guys trying to add it like a regular leveled item to NPC's? If that is the case, I know Apalmemnom's added his Armored Leotard outfits to raider leveled lists. Though its not perfect because it's only for ladies and sometimes the guys have them in their inventories. Weird that only the 2 new outfits are giving you issues.

are you guys trying to add it like a regular leveled item to NPC's? If that is the case, I know Apalmemnom's added his Armored Leotard outfits to raider leveled lists. Though its not perfect because it's only for ladies and sometimes the guys have them in their inventories. Weird that only the 2 new outfits are giving you issues.

Males show up wearing one of the harnesses rather than the leotard, but it has the same stats as the leotard.

If you are adding to leveled lists be aware that the do not differentiate between male and female so if it does not have male meshes attached to it you would need to add them or have potentially naked men wandering around, or just a head arms and legs with no body.  I could also be the reason the game is crashing as no meshes are there to be used.

It sound like something may not have installed properly either, can you wear the m5 and 6? or what ever armour pieces are causing the crash?

Which esp set are you using the individual ones for each armour type of the merged one for all 6 versions and are you using the ae patch or not?

You could also if you do not already, try using xedit on your full load order, when its finished working its way through everything, right click on the mod list and choose, other, create merged patch, say yes to continue, it will sooner or later ask you for an esp name, give it one then wait, when its finished exit xedit, and active the just created mod at the bottom of your load list, try now and see if that works, it may not in fact I would guess it won't work, but its worth trying.

No its a problem related specifically to the MK6 armor and Wetsuit2, and they aren't in levelled lists.

Find AllieFilmoreRef in CK InstituteConcourse worldspace, find her outfit, change it to any MK1-5 armor and wetsuit1, it works no problem.

Now swap in any MK6 part or Wetsuit2 and open/close the actor to refresh, instant CK crash.

If you view them in ArmorAddon its all good. And if you add them without viewing them it works fine in game.

I tried swapping the MK5 mesh into the M6 Armor and no crash, put Mk6 mesh in MK5 armor and now MK5 armor crashes.

The problem for me is everytime I open the InstituteConcourse worldspace to work on my mod a courser or Scientist wearing the outfit crashes the CK so I had to remove them from my NPC's to keep working on the mod despite how awesome they look in game :/

No its a problem related specifically to the MK6 armor and Wetsuit2, and they aren't in levelled lists.

Find AllieFilmoreRef in CK InstituteConcourse worldspace, find her outfit, change it to any MK1-5 armor and wetsuit1, it works no problem.

Now swap in any MK6 part or Wetsuit2 and open/close the actor to refresh, instant CK crash.

If you view them in ArmorAddon its all good. And if you add them without viewing them it works fine in game.

I tried swapping the MK5 mesh into the M6 Armor and no crash, put Mk6 mesh in MK5 armor and now MK5 armor crashes.

The problem for me is everytime I open the InstituteConcourse worldspace to work on my mod a courser or Scientist wearing the outfit crashes the CK so I had to remove them from my NPC's to keep working on the mod despite how awesome they look in game :/

That sounds like it could be a problem with the worldspace and ck rather than the armour, but there again if it works with all the other versions of the armour then it does sound like its a problem with those armour pieces.

Got me stumped, though as I can not try it, I am still trying to get the ck to even work now, its starts but will not let me select any esp/esm, even the base game stuff, which is annoying as hell as before the last patch came out it worked fine, though there is the odd problem that the bethnet launcher is saying install the ck, but crashes when I try to install it, but my computer is still showing the ck as being installed.  I have pretty much at present given up on the ck, I will have another go some time in the future.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On Wednesday, March 02, 2016 at 4:11 AM, ralfetas said:

My next armor, took a long time to make it, work, family and stuff delay a lot this.

I just finish the model, there is no UV yet, so no details on normal maps etc...

I made this because i want something that my girl could run butt naked in the wasteland, and be safe or almost safe, in the same time, most of the new "armors" i see comming out this days is clothes with some style, i think is time to get more skimpy stuff, and for a skyrim point of view, time to heavy armors :classic_smile:

I made this in a very different way that i made my last armor, i made it by pieces, in the way a real armor would be made, i don't think is lore friendly, but i don't care, i think it fits to the fallout world.

QmiAsKWK.jpg

Ps: I am using imgbox now because it should be better to LL, if anyone have problem to see the image let me know.

On Wednesday, March 02, 2016 at 4:11 AM, ralfetas said:

My next armor, took a long time to make it, work, family and stuff delay a lot this.

I just finish the model, there is no UV yet, so no details on normal maps etc...

I made this because i want something that my girl could run butt naked in the wasteland, and be safe or almost safe, in the same time, most of the new "armors" i see comming out this days is clothes with some style, i think is time to get more skimpy stuff, and for a skyrim point of view, time to heavy armors :classic_smile:

I made this in a very different way that i made my last armor, i made it by pieces, in the way a real armor would be made, i don't think is lore friendly, but i don't care, i think it fits to the fallout world.

QmiAsKWK.jpg

Ps: I am using imgbox now because it should be better to LL, if anyone have problem to see the image let me know.

Archived