Fortaleza Armor - WIP

ralfetas

My next armor, took a long time to make it, work, family and stuff delay a lot this.

I just finish the model, there is no UV yet, so no details on normal maps etc...

I made this because i want something that my girl could run butt naked in the wasteland, and be safe or almost safe, in the same time, most of the new "armors" i see comming out this days is clothes with some style, i think is time to get more skimpy stuff, and for a skyrim point of view, time to heavy armors :)

I made this in a very different way that i made my last armor, i made it by pieces, in the way a real armor would be made, i don't think is lore friendly, but i don't care, i think it fits to the fallout world.

QmiAsKWK.jpg

Ps: I am using imgbox now because it should be better to LL, if anyone have problem to see the image let me know.

Thanks!

At first the armor will be a single piece like a outfit, but i made all the pieces conforming in CBBE body, not removing the body and building the armor, so it should be easy to convert this to pieces of armor,the problem is that in FO4 armor use other files to put the pieces in the correct place, and i don't think we have this part figured out yet.

To make individual pieces of armor in the moment, i think the best way is to model the armor using a vanilla armor as base.

Thanks!

At first the armor will be a single piece like a outfit, but i made all the pieces conforming in CBBE body, not removing the body and building the armor, so it should be easy to convert this to pieces of armor,the problem is that in FO4 armor use other files to put the pieces in the correct place, and i don't think we have this part figured out yet.

To make individual pieces of armor in the moment, i think the best way is to model the armor using a vanilla armor as base.

Just making each piece a separate equippable armor item is easy. The hard part is when you want to have each part be a mod that can be attached/removed at the armor workbench. That requires setting up a base nif and then using connection points. Getting quite complex then.

If you just want individual pieces, just make sure that they're separate meshes and save them to their own nif's. Then when building the ESP just make each armor piece point to the proper nif and use an appropriate biped slot. The only drawback to separated pieces is the use of multiple bipeds. As long as you don't go crazy (like I did with Black Talon and Blade & Soul Schoolgirl) you won't use that many bipeds and it can be done pretty easy. Message me if you need help with it.

I look forward to seeing the final product. I think this would suit Curie nicely :)

Thanks!

Just making each piece a separate equippable armor item is easy. The hard part is when you want to have each part be a mod that can be attached/removed at the armor workbench. That requires setting up a base nif and then using connection points. Getting quite complex then.

If you just want individual pieces, just make sure that they're separate meshes and save them to their own nif's. Then when building the ESP just make each armor piece point to the proper nif and use an appropriate biped slot. The only drawback to separated pieces is the use of multiple bipeds. As long as you don't go crazy (like I did with Black Talon and Blade & Soul Schoolgirl) you won't use that many bipeds and it can be done pretty easy. Message me if you need help with it.

I look forward to seeing the final product. I think this would suit Curie nicely :)

Ow Curie :)

Happy you like it! You help me a lot with the last armor, hope i will do good on this one!

About the pieces, i think for the first moment i will just make a single one, and them in future make it modded, or someone will do, because i made the mesh in a way that is very easy to work.

Will be other colors yes, for now i am thinking a military green, a pipboy yellow, vaultsuit blue, steel, white and the classic black.

In the image is white because there is no materials on the mesh, i manage to make the UV today, so i will start to work on the details now, sculpting stuff, them bake the normals, and them yes make the textures, if real life give me a break, tomorrow i will have some renders of the final version.

Will be other colors yes, for now i am thinking a military green, a pipboy yellow, vaultsuit blue, steel, white and the classic black.

In the image is white because there is no materials on the mesh, i manage to make the UV today, so i will start to work on the details now, sculpting stuff, them bake the normals, and them yes make the textures, if real life give me a break, tomorrow i will have some renders of the final version.

Cool. May I request a light purple color? It's kinda my color.

Cool. May I request a light purple color? It's kinda my color.

I think it will be no problem.

Looks nice would be great if it could be worn seperately harness, left arm, right arm, left boot, right boot. The thing on the back kinda looks like a jetpack would be nice to have a working jetpack in the armor itself. Just a thought.

I agree. Armor looks wonderful, but I also wish that it could be worn separately for some mix and match.

Some updates, i finish the normal map and made some color textures, i will add more colors, i made this textures in a very very quick way.

The 3 colors variantions so far, this will be the base for other colors.

brXnr0Zp.jpg

Some details on the normal

F3BJbFuM.jpg

taFtLNkM.jpg

Could you give the white version a somewhat plastic-like sheen? Would give it a nice synthetic/institute appearance (I think).

Could be, but i don't know if the screws and stuff will give a plastic feel... maybe a white metal?

I manage to put the armor in the game, don't know why, but they look smaller in the game, maybe is the cbbe preset.

Now the difficult part will start, make the ESP...

The ESP is ready, but i remake all the normals because the armor was too small in game, and many clipping problems, so i have to increase the poly count, new uv etc...

Now the esp and model is ready, i will just check the textures, will be 9 textures to choose from in game.

I made the mesh for the GO file too, but i don't know how to make a GO file, they are trishape, and outfit studio don't make trishape, i will open a topic asking for help here in general forum, if anyone could help, will have my thanks :)

Pretty sure to get a trishape you just change the name of NiTriShape or whatever is in the line for each item in a nif. Like double click NiTriShape and change it to trishape. I just checked and that seems to change what it is. Not sure if there are any other spot that could be changed or not.

Ok it looks really good.

A couple issues with the GO file. First, there's a mesh problem with one of the boots. Looks like while it was being moved to align it for the GO file some vertices got screwed up. Fixing it might be harder than just remaking the file from scratch. See the last part of this post regarding that.

Sample images

post-516911-0-62398600-1457327983_thumb.pngpost-516911-0-15976100-1457327985_thumb.jpg

The problem with the GO file going into oblivion is the bounding sphere. Select the BSTriShape of the armor, then scroll down to bounding sphere and expand it. Your radius is 0. This is kinda like saying it basically has no substance.

A quick sample setting of:

Center X:0.0 Y:0.0 Z:200.0

Radius 300.0

Gets a sphere that basically engulfs the whole display piece. This is a good starting point but there's still an issue with it. If the piece gets turned upside down it will still clip through the floor and you can only see the bottom of the boots sticking up.

Sample

Good position post-516911-0-10534200-1457327987_thumb.jpg

Upside downpost-516911-0-10387800-1457327986_thumb.jpg

Because of how the physics data that was copied works, it expects a long flat object that will be laying down like the vault suit is. A simple solution would be to rotate the boots to be horizontal and then lay the torso piece on top. Optionally with the other small pieces, though for a GO object I don't think it's really required. You don't need to show off every little piece, just give the player an idea of what they're looking at and what the object signifies.

Archived