Sign in to follow this  
myuhinny

How to port oblivion files to skyrim using outfit studio

To note, regarding the one part about exporting a single OBJ for online conversion to Collada DAE then back to OBJ: some clothing meshes (i.e. Hepsy) have parts with separate dependent textures, which means they'll have to be exported into pieces as OBJs or some serious UV remapping and texture editing will have to be done after conversion.

Most oblivion mesh files have their own texture file for each and every single mesh piece (One of the reasons why porting oblivion files to skyrim can be tedious). You can join them together for easier molding in outfit studios but you must unjoin them afterwards by exporting the newly molded parts out of outfit studios in .OBJ format and back into a 3d tool and after separating the pieces load each one back into outfit studios and redo weight painting and texture paths.

You lost me at "Take the file and place it into your mesh rigger target file". I have no idea what that means, starting with "mesh rigger".  I do everything in NIFSkope and Outfit Studio, so this may seem like a noob question.  I've been modding TES games since Morrowind, but mostly in the patching and retexturing sense, so I have big gaps.

@Wolfstorm321

I have no clue. You could probably export the building pieces in .OBJ but not sure what you would have to all attach to them to make them work in skyrim.