CBBE

I guess that was kind of vague. Specifically I'm asking when or if Bodyslide and Outfit Studio will come to Fallout 3/New Vegas... Unless there is alrady a way to use those tools with Fallout and I'm just not aware of how to do that, because I have noticed what appear to be settings for Fallout in Bodyslide.

Bodyslide and Outfit Studio

What are those?

Bodyslide is a tool that allows you to shape your own body mesh through the use of sliders that change the shape and volume of different parts of a base mesh file and then export the finished product as a nif file that can be used in game.

Outfit Studio is a tool that allows you to shape clothing and armor to your custom built body. It also allows you to crate armor or clothing sliders for Bodyslide.

Basically, it's an awesome tool that I would really like to see brought to Fallout 3/New Vegas.

Did you ever play Skyrim? I believe that's where that tool first came into use, and then after that it was made to work with Fallout 4.

Skyrims outfit studio works with fallout 3/NV meshes now without any errors you still need mesh rigger and a body template to run to make sure everything gets fixed if they got broken in outfit studio. I also did a test a little while ago and was able to get a fallout 4 nif into outfit studio but there is not much that can be done till mesh rigger is updated to work with fallout meshes so that it doesn't crash when trying to run them through it.

I know Fallout 4 has it, I'm just wondering why it hasn't been adapted to work with Fallout 3/New Vegas.

I guess because there's no TRI files, there's no _0 _1, there's no weight, not morphs in Fallout body system, so I guess sliders wouldn't work.

I know Fallout 4 has it, I'm just wondering why it hasn't been adapted to work with Fallout 3/New Vegas.

I guess because there's no TRI files, there's no _0 _1, there's no weight, not morphs in Fallout body system, so I guess sliders wouldn't work.

True, but if you notice, the Fallout 4 version only spits out one body mesh.

wht's the difference between clothing converter and outfit studio?

Clothing converter isn't always precise in that it requires you to build what's called a "lattice" out of the body you are converting from and the body you are converting to (with Skyrim it is necessary to build a lattice out of both the low and high end weight sets for best results), the tool then uses that lattice to reshape the armor or clothing, the drawback to that tool is that sometimes you'll get random vertices going off in different directions because of differences between the two body meshes that you made the lattice from. Clothing Converter's one advantage to Outfit Studio however, is that if you're dealing with a mesh that has like 50 different precisely fitting pieces (the DF19 boots for Skyrim for example *cough* *cough*) moving things around in Outfit Studio becomes a very tedious if not impossible task (although some meshes either won't work, or they'll take literally forever to convert using Clothing Converter.. like the DF19 boots I referred to earlier).

Outfit studio you can touch up specific spots that have clipping you can move crap around and adjust them without messing up the rigging you can zap parts of a outfit (which will remove the parts) if you don't want something in the nif. 

@Z0mBieP00Nani

When moving something around what I always do is open note book adjust one piece then copy and paste each one I adjusted into note book then go from each piece copying the numbers from note book and pasting them into the item slots to adjust them a lot easier and faster.

Never used it. Do you mean that if you change the ingame sliders (fat / slim / muscle) nothing happens to the body you created in CBBE?

Never used it. Do you mean that if you change the ingame sliders (fat / slim / muscle) nothing happens to the body you created in CBBE?

No it responds to those sliders too, both in Skyrim and in Fallout 4.

Currently Skyrim allows for a wider range of customization though, but hopefully that will change in the future with Fallout 4 once the GECK comes out. Actually I was kind of shocked when I came to Fallout New Vegas and didn't see the same degree of support as with Skyrim, considering how long Fallout 3/New Vegas has been out.

Actually I was kind of shocked when I came to Fallout New Vegas and didn't see the same degree of support as with Skyrim, considering how long Fallout 3/New Vegas has been out.

FO engine should be more compared to Oblivion and not Skyrim, what you see in Oblivion can be probably ported in FO, but this isn't true for Skyrim. Like Bodyslide's way to change the body shape in game, which I loved in Osnius' Weight Morph mod for example, but AFAIK is impossible with the previous version of Gamebryo.

Actually I was kind of shocked when I came to Fallout New Vegas and didn't see the same degree of support as with Skyrim, considering how long Fallout 3/New Vegas has been out.

FO engine should be more compared to Oblivion and not Skyrim, what you see in Oblivion can be probably ported in FO, but this isn't true for Skyrim. Like Bodyslide's way to change the body shape in game, which I loved in Osnius' Weight Morph mod for example, but AFAIK is impossible with the previous version of Gamebryo.

You may not be able to get the same degree of in game body morphing that you can with Skyrim because of the differences in file format, but that's what Bodyslide is for, with that you can custom build your own body type and put it into game, being able to tweak the shape in game doesn't matter as much.. not to me at least. Although a better cosmetic system would be nice, but I've heard of similar difficulties in that area as well if I'm not mistaken.

In general I'm more interested in the in-game variants, so I've never checked too much the relationships between BS and FONV.

So I took the occasion and I just asked to Osnius himself if it was possible and he said yes, it already works with NV, you just need to change the paths and it will work :)

In general I'm more interested in the in-game variants, so I've never checked too much the relationships between BS and FONV.

So I took the occasion and I just asked to Osnius himself if it was possible and he said yes, it already works with NV, you just need to change the paths and it will work :)

So it *does* work with New Vegas and Fallout 3?

For what concerns the body creation and the outfits creation, Osnious told me it already works.

For what concerns the creation of TRI files, they are not used in the old gamebryo so we don't need them.

However, it requires the initial assets to start working with it. I want to make an attempt when I'll find some free time.

For what concerns the body creation and the outfits creation, Osnious told me it already works.

For what concerns the creation of TRI files, they are not used in the old gamebryo so we don't need them.

However, it requires the initial assets to start working with it. I want to make an attempt when I'll find some free time.

Initial assets? You mean a base mesh?

Archived