[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 13APR2024

4 hours ago, TrxXx said:

Did you catch the tribal to feudal Wizard Tower weirdness? If not, it'll spam the error.log with "[settlement.cpp:523]: Building 'dw_ca_wizard_tower_2' constructed in 'b_muhu' while the building it upgrades from is missing" on all provinces that were converted to feudal from tribal (which had a Wizard Tower) otherwise.

Yeah I updated the tribal 1 to upgrade to castle 1 bit.

Dammit, it's been years since I really looked into lewd mods for CK II. Nice to see so many new mods. Also, glad to see Dark World still going, but I would like to see more Werewolf stuff. I remember somebody writing pages worth of suggestions, and old version of the mod had a nice way for female ruler to become a bitch, portions of that survived into this mod (but images were replaced and so on), I see. I still have some of those old versions around, with some unimplemented events, like tentacle sex after ''reading poetry'' (or was it from some other mod?). Fuck, time flies. 

Hey, I love what you've done so far with the mod! One thing that is just a small bug that I've run into, is when I host a blood moon and sacrifice some prisoners, on the sacrifice screen the name of my ruler is used on the line "X begins to plead for their life", rather than that of the prisoner's. Just a small bug that's been around for a while now, thought you'd like to know.

On 7/6/2020 at 12:34 PM, Sielgaudys said:

Dammit, it's been years since I really looked into lewd mods for CK II. Nice to see so many new mods. Also, glad to see Dark World still going, but I would like to see more Werewolf stuff. I remember somebody writing pages worth of suggestions, and old version of the mod had a nice way for female ruler to become a bitch, portions of that survived into this mod (but images were replaced and so on), I see. I still have some of those old versions around, with some unimplemented events, like tentacle sex after ''reading poetry'' (or was it from some other mod?). Fuck, time flies. 

Tentacle Sex after reading poetry, I'm thinking it may have been a sub-mod to Dark World, as I don't recall ever having something like that.

22 hours ago, Erasmus75 said:

A few questions if you don't mind. If a Vampire doesn't feed does anything happen? Also do the dragons have any special powers such as fire breathing during battles? And if so, how do you use it? Thanks! :)

Nothing bad happens if a Vampire doesn't feed. Reason being, the lord is over a land filled with people, yet the game focuses on just those in the court. So it can be assumed that if the ruler needs a snack, that they're slipping in a farmer's window for the evening to have a late night snack.

Dragons have no special powers in this mod. I believe Dragons have a lot more functionality in Luxuria Fantasia so you may want to check with those folks.

18 hours ago, Proteus_1492 said:

Hey, I love what you've done so far with the mod! One thing that is just a small bug that I've run into, is when I host a blood moon and sacrifice some prisoners, on the sacrifice screen the name of my ruler is used on the line "X begins to plead for their life", rather than that of the prisoner's. Just a small bug that's been around for a while now, thought you'd like to know.

I'm going through the Blood Moon stuff right now. I'll take a look at the localization to see what the issue is. Nice timing in bringing it up.

Quick update. Things haven't progressed much since my last update.

I don't know if it was post sick funk or what, but I wasn't really in the mood to do much, and only now have gotten back to it. I might package what I've got here at the end of the weekend, just to get out some small fixes and minor overhauls that have been made to some things.

Thanks for the reply.   It was LF I guess where the dragons did that (Well used to, it was bugged so it's been disabled). Tho it would be cool here too and we could have them randomly burn things down by accident and eat your courtiers as a snack! Yum!  Sometimes I get confused by  which mod is which. Also is there anyway that we can also add Lycanthropy by infection say a bite or scratch? {In addition to being born into it}.   Do we have a discord ch for here? If no would you like me to make one?

2 hours ago, Kingweon said:

Got Fenris in my court and there's werewolf courtiers bloat. Had my female character marry him and now 40+ werewolf courtiers. It's kinda funny. Dunno who is raping her all the time, really and it happens every day. Awsm. Fenris isn't happy though. He thinks she's cheating on him. Not like she has any choice in the matter...

Should be events where if you marry (or get a lover) a werewolf, other werewolfs can't bang you (besides lovers), unless maybe they challenged you werewolf husband or lover to a duel. 

hey folks.

sorry to bother You...

I just wanted to ask, there used to be defines.lua and defines.txt files in the mod folders. I always experimented with it, changing starting date and other stuff (and made my game crash a lot ... :) ) but now I cant find it anywhere in the files. Can it be found somewhere? I know about the files in the game folder itself but I dont want to mess with the game files directly. 

On 7/11/2020 at 1:49 PM, DarkAllinor said:

i'm playing with version 1.84 and can not make NPCs to my nemesis. There are also some other errors in my recent game (see file).

This looks like a problem with your installation. I cannot even come close to replicating your issue. From what you're showing - the issue is with your localization files.

18 hours ago, A_guy_with_the_plan said:

mind if i add your building to elemental desire @dewguru

Which building(s)?

Most likely - no problem.

On 7/20/2020 at 5:08 AM, Battle.cry said:

hey folks.

sorry to bother You...

I just wanted to ask, there used to be defines.lua and defines.txt files in the mod folders. I always experimented with it, changing starting date and other stuff (and made my game crash a lot ... :) ) but now I cant find it anywhere in the files. Can it be found somewhere? I know about the files in the game folder itself but I dont want to mess with the game files directly. 

There were never defines.lua or defines.txt in the Dark World Reborn mod folder.

Modifying those files would be a direct alteration of vanilla files, which in turn reduces mod compatibility.  If you want to tweak them, make a copy of what is in the base game folder and drop it into one of your mod folders, and tweak away. Your changes will override whatever is in the base game folder - but if things are acting all jacked up, you can then just delete them out of whatever mod folder you dropped them into.

So, the crud I was fighting seemed like it lingered on, and then work ate up my life. Ended up taking some days off, and just to sort of set my mind straight, I'm going to post what I've got done right now. It's not a lot. It's really quite the small update, but I'll feel better getting it posted and then resuming.

Change log for the pending upload.

1.85 (Dark World Reborn)
    - NOTE: This update is compatible with Save Games created with DWR version 1.83 or later. Save games with earlier versions of DWR will break.
    - Updated the Demon start (Child of Lilith)
    - Updated some Demon related content.
    - Began updating Demon spells. Once done, they will no longer spend piety to cast spells. Most simply have long cooldowns similar to mage spells.
    - Demons who make their heritage known, can take a custom image if they so choose. Selection is very limited currently. In the past they had to 'level' to a certain point. Players can reapply the custom image, causing it to remove the current and apply a new one.
    - Removed the Mana Well as it had no functionality within the mod, and was part of an old, old plan for handling magic.
    - Replaced more of those small images with more to be replaced as I continue updating the Demon content.
    - Trimmed the 3 different Succubus/Incubus self healing spells from 3 (minor/moderate/major) to 2 (minor/major). Works like the mage spells, yet only targets self, while mage spells can target others.
    - Fixed an issue where a check was leaving Futa kids without cocks once they became adults. (thx TrxXx)
    - Fixed an issue with a missing trait in a potion (thx Kingweon)
    - Fixed an issue where a Tribal Wizard Tower of the 1st tier was incorrectly converting to a 2nd tier Castle Wizard Tower when going Fuedal (thx TrxXx)

Not sure if I'm just doing things wrong, but despite having bestiality content enabled, I can't get any of the events related to fire on their own. Nothin', from the ball to the collar to Harley's Hyenas, and I'm already about 150 years into the campaign. I even tried manually adding the dw_bestiality_content="dw_yes_bestiality" line to the save file and they still won't trigger.

Hello @dewguru!

Bug report:

1) When I visit the brothel, as a male character, it fires a futa event "DWWhoring.120".

2)The "DWFuta.130" (sleep with a Futa) and the "DWFuta.120" (sleep with a Trap) events showing the "madame_dwarf" picture!

3) I found leftover pictures that don't come with any event:

Spoiler

graveyard_small

DWWerewolf_CatRest

DWWerewolf_CorneredFeral

DWWerewolf_Death1

DWWerewolf_Death2

DWWerewolf_Drinking

DWWerewolf_EatMeat

DWWerewolf_FemaleFuckFemaleBitch1

DWWerewolf_FeralHowl

DWWerewolf_Fuck_Fail_Female1

DWWerewolf_Fuck_FemaleWitch1

DWWerewolf_FuckFemaleBitch1

DWWerewolf_FutaFuckFemaleBitch1

DWWerewolf_Hunt, DWWerewolf_Hunt_Bear1

DWWerewolf_Hunt_BearSpirit

DWWerewolf_Hunt_Boar1

DWWerewolf_Hunt_Boar2

DWWerewolf_Hunt_Deer1

DWWerewolf_Hunt_Deer2

DWWerewolf_Hunt_KillHuman1

DWWerewolf_Hunt_Poachers

DWWerewolf_Hunt_Poachers2

DWWerewolf_Hunt_Poachers3

DWWerewolf_Hunt_RedSisterhood1

DWWerewolf_RabbitHunt

DWWerewolf_RedSisterhood_Sex1

DWWerewolf_Rest_MoonDust

DWWerewolf_Rest_Play

DWWerewolf_Rest_Read_Female1

start_1

start_2

start_3

start_4

start_5

start_6

tentacle_fatality_female1

tentacle_transform_01

visit_futa_woman_handjob1

visit_futa_woman_handjob2

And... what is this with the "oops" picture? Most of it is refered in the Wolfkin part, in "dw_beast.txt" file.

Um, just a question...

Did you add any events for the artifacts, like the "Ye Ole Dildo" the "Breeding Collar"etc.?

Thanks!

15 hours ago, Drax70 said:

Hello @dewguru!

Bug report:

1) When I visit the brothel, as a male character, it fires a futa event "DWWhoring.120".

2)The "DWFuta.130" (sleep with a Futa) and the "DWFuta.120" (sleep with a Trap) events showing the "madame_dwarf" picture!

3) I found leftover pictures that don't come with any event:

Reveal hidden contents

And... what is this with the "oops" picture? Most of it is refered in the Wolfkin part, in "dw_beast.txt" file.

Um, just a question...

Did you add any events for the artifacts, like the "Ye Ole Dildo" the "Breeding Collar"etc.?

Thanks!

I took a look. It uses the old modifier 0 method instead of the newer trigger method for random lists. I'll update it so it only triggers with the correct coupling.

I didn't change anything in the Futa chain you're mentioning, outside of updating the image file. I'm pretty certain there were bad references in there for who knows how long, as I recall more than once in a play through thinking it seemed like the madame kept following me around.

No need to bring up lists of leftover pictures. They hurt nothing by being there, and some are sort of reminders on things for me to look into. Others get removed over time.

The oops picture is one that should never be seen. I reference it usually when I'm doing an event that has the option to display multiple pictures. If you don't have a default image, then it'll generate errors - even if one of the multiple options is valid. So I use oops most often as my placeholder. If someone ever sees it in an event, then it means the trigger method I meant to use for the multiple images failed somehow.

No new events added for the artifacts. There are existing ones that will look for and use the Breeding Collar, although they are just a few right now.

Hi dewguru

A suggestion for the various events that can be accessed via the Ball event chain:

The check for available options due to having certain (Martial, Learning etc.) skill high should not be accessible so easily. For e.g., In the event where you meet the gifted weird intellectuals in a room, with Learning skill of only 9, I was able to gain 250 technology points. That's rather op, isn't it? I think the Skill limit should be 15, so that the other options will still see play (and dumb characters will gain nothing).

Also, the event where you find two characters fucking and a third one with flower bouquet, the characters should be from your own realm. Playing in Russia and finding a character from Ireland being railed on is weird :D The names that are called in the event localization are borked too. Maybe reducing some of these references to simple pronouns or general references like "The other one" might help.

In general, in Ball event the character names are not being called properly. In the "Dance with somebody" event the character you dance with is simply "blank" and so no one to call there. The opinion modifier is also with no one. 

Bug report:

- I take Belle home, as my lover (as a male ruler), and when I visit her "Spend time with", it fires the event "dw_visits.8080", which is ok, but with "beautybeast_belle_visit_female1" picture.

This picture is for "dw_visits.8070" event and for the "dw_visits.8080" is "beautybeast_belle_visit_male1". Also, the "dw_visits.8090" event gives the "beautybeast_belle_visit_male1" picture.

So:

"dw_visits.8070" >>>>>"beautybeast_belle_visit_female1"

"dw_visits.8080" >>>>>"beautybeast_belle_visit_male1" and for

"dw_visits.8090" >>>>>"beautybeast_belle_visit_cock1"

Thanks!

On 7/25/2020 at 9:42 AM, jim raynor said:

Hi dewguru

A suggestion for the various events that can be accessed via the Ball event chain:

The check for available options due to having certain (Martial, Learning etc.) skill high should not be accessible so easily. For e.g., In the event where you meet the gifted weird intellectuals in a room, with Learning skill of only 9, I was able to gain 250 technology points. That's rather op, isn't it? I think the Skill limit should be 15, so that the other options will still see play (and dumb characters will gain nothing).

Also, the event where you find two characters fucking and a third one with flower bouquet, the characters should be from your own realm. Playing in Russia and finding a character from Ireland being railed on is weird :D The names that are called in the event localization are borked too. Maybe reducing some of these references to simple pronouns or general references like "The other one" might help.

In general, in Ball event the character names are not being called properly. In the "Dance with somebody" event the character you dance with is simply "blank" and so no one to call there. The opinion modifier is also with no one. 

I disagree to making characters only from your own realm, as the balls are intended to be pulling in a wide variety of people, and if you're not playing a large country, then it suddenly seems very odd, and it can make finding an applicable npc for an event more difficult. The other characters that are pulled in are those who are with in diplomatic range, so if you pulled in someone from Ireland, then either you or they have a territory that is close to the other.

Odds are - in the Dance with Somebody - if you had a blank, it means that the was not a valid character found for the event. Alas, Dance with somebody is very generic and that splits off into multiple events. Do you recall what opinion modifier it was trying to add? I'll take a look to try and see if I've a scope that is too tight, or if I borked the localization entry.

17 hours ago, HiddenPlayer625 said:

Bug Report:

I completed the bordello improvement quest but can't visit Jessica

Possible Root Cause: 

global_flag set on creating Jessica = dw_npc_jessica_alive

flag checked in dw_bordello = dw_jessica_created

Thanks. I thought I took care of this in the past, but clearly was not be the case.

On 7/30/2020 at 11:00 AM, Drax70 said:

Bug report:

- I take Belle home, as my lover (as a male ruler), and when I visit her "Spend time with", it fires the event "dw_visits.8080", which is ok, but with "beautybeast_belle_visit_female1" picture.

This picture is for "dw_visits.8070" event and for the "dw_visits.8080" is "beautybeast_belle_visit_male1". Also, the "dw_visits.8090" event gives the "beautybeast_belle_visit_male1" picture.

So:

"dw_visits.8070" >>>>>"beautybeast_belle_visit_female1"

"dw_visits.8080" >>>>>"beautybeast_belle_visit_male1" and for

"dw_visits.8090" >>>>>"beautybeast_belle_visit_cock1"

Thanks!

Pfft. My notes on the events don't seem to match things up at all. Note says 8080 is supposed to be female ruler eating out Belle, yet that's not it. Ug, what a mess. Sometimes I wonder how I get things so out of whack.

I got it now, and I tweaked the localization for 8090 to better represent the tit job picture.

hello there, sorry for my potentially silly or outright stupid question... 

If I play as a female ruler, one who isn't attracted to other women, could she possibly claim "the Beast" for herself?

perhaps even curing him of his curse could be an option, but that's far from mandatory!

thank you for your time!

I think I found a bug with vampire prisoner feeding. If you pause the game, and choose the filling meal option instead of drain them dry, you can repeat that indefinitely for free health off one prisoner, as long as you have the game paused. Once the prisoner's health hits negative numbers, it just stays there, but your health will still increment with each interaction. I took some screenshots. I've done this with a couple different characters and did it a several times with the character in the screenshot before the instance I took screenshots of.  I'm using version 1.85.

EDIT: I messed up the order of the screenshots and I can't figure out how to fix it, the last one where my health is 39.0 is actually the 1st one.

EDIT 2: Once you unpause, the prisoner will usually die when the month changes. Cause of death is "died in dungeons of player"

Spoiler

screenshot_2.jpgscreenshot_3.jpgscreenshot_4.jpgscreenshot_5.jpgscreenshot_6.jpgscreenshot_1.jpg