[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 28MAR2024

3 minutes ago, Voidstorm said:

Not sure if it's your mod, but the bordello improvement sometimes fires twice and will end up giving you a couple of choices less than intended. 

Many thanks for your work, Dewguru.

Same ruler or a different ruler?

The event looks to see if your ruler has a character flag in place, so if they die before it's done, it could be possible for the next person to get the same event chain. Things that were done before, might not be doable the second time around - as those set some global flags - however, once the bordello is complete, those global flags should then allow the full completion experience. Although if it's too large a gap, it could sort of suck I suppose as it could negatively impact something like having Jessica available. Hrm, maybe I need to consider making it a general decision once it starts.

1 minute ago, Voidstorm said:

They fire simultaneously. I wouldn't be bothered if different rulers made different improvements to the bordello, but I get the first window up, and after that, I get 2 windows.

Well, that's not something I can really fix.

That event fires when CK2 does an on_action check and says your character should get this random event. Nothing in the event itself causes it to double-fire. The event (assuming you choose to build it) sets a character flag that is then meant to prevent the event from triggering again. If you're getting two events immediately - it's the vanilla CK2 bug that happens on occasion. As CK2, not this mod, decided to double-trigger the same on_action event.

This thread is filled with different events sometimes experiencing this happening, and it's something that comes up on occasion in other mod forums.

The best guess I've got, and that I've read, is that it occurs when CK2 is under a heavy processing load. That can happen from having a very large world with a ton of people in it (not only your court, but world wide - as everyone gets an on_action trigger). It can also happen if you've a lot of large armies fighting each other, with some folks in the main CK2 Paradox forums talking about how the base game itself can have issues late game when the world is heavily populated, with big armies fighting. When you get these heavy processing points, sometimes it 'hiccups' and an oddity like a double-event can appear.

Now, mods can definitely impact this as well. Dark World in its earlier iterations did a whole bunch of processing that touched everyone in the game, with multiple events. Most of those have been re-engineered to less cumbersome methods. The only one in the mod that I can think of as still being a potential heavy hit as the years progress is the Body Traits, which can be turned off via a game rule for those that can live without tit and cock size traits. Body traits are, and always have been a heavy load, as every year it will look at every kid that became an adult, and any new characters added to the game, and those without traits would receive them.

Hrm. Although now that I think about it, I wonder if I could just switch that over to a personally targeted decision, and have the ai add any missing body trait to themselves. I'll need to see if I can find some information on that.

2 hours ago, dewguru said:

2 - It's not that it's troublesome, it's a lack of my wanting to do it. I'm sure what you think could be added definitely could be. I'm just not interested in it at all. It'd be like you asking me to add a scat based event where your children shit all over you while the court cheers the event. I've no desire to add that event, and I've no desire to add artifact swapping. I've other things I'd rather spend my time on. If you create something that works without issue, then sure, I'll incorporate it.

2) First af all ???

And second, the "take artifact" is pretty much hardcoded, it can't be done like the "inherit when died". Except if one writes a script that names ALL the quality artifacts in the game and IF someone has it, it becomes looted/stolen... BRUH! ?

Thanks!

Alright, I've added a few last minute reminders and add-on fixes. I'll be packaging it and posting it later tonight from the looks of things. If I don't, I know I'll end up starting to add content that will make it hard to package this weekend.

Here's the change log for what will get posted later today.

v1.84 (Dark World Reborn)
    - NOTE: This update is compatible with Save Games created with DWR version 1.83. Save games with prior versions of DWR will break.
    - Small update for those rulers (players) being on the receiving end of Mind Control attempts - it originally was not intended, however, as the mod has added mind_control characters, players can now befaced with being on the receiving end. (thx for pointing out the oversight Threvston and Solrane)
    - Fixed an issue with localization not displaying money from a prostitute slave (thx TrxXx)
    - Fixed an issue where races that do not have a coming out of their skin type decision, were not receiving the chance for a custom image when they became an adult. (thx Doomsday8931)
    - Fixed an issue where vassal vampires could raid your prison cells and feed. Changed the scope of effect from realm to court. (thx Yanslana)
    - Fixed an issue where some vampires were able to do vampire things, even when they were prisoners. (thx Yanslana)
    - Fixed an issue where one could double-dip on Lich knowledge (not that it provided any additional benefit) (thx TrxXx)
    - Fixed an issue where Fenris would take an Alpha and make her into a Bitch, which is not supposed to happen. (thx aMemorandum)
    - Fixed an issue where making an imprisoned ruler into a slave had them retain their rule and leave your court. They now abdicate if they are a ruler. (thx Drax70)
    - Fixed an oversight where we were selling slaves, while letting them keep their money (thx Drax70)
    - Fixed an issue with some logic for the Fortune potion (thx TrxXx)
    - Fixed an issue where the Futa potion in the Wizard Tower was not also giving you a cock (thx TrxXx)

Regarding the potions not blocking/re-upping: understood, I was a bit apprehensive about it due to the game's tooltip being blank about the modifier and as such didn't realise it was actually extending the duration. Thanks for taking a look and explaining.

Edit: I am also getting a similar bug to Drax70 in that some slaves I have sold have immediately returned to me, checking the error.log points to this:

"Script Assert! message: Target character does not have a court., assert: "pTarget->GetDemesne().IsValid()", type: "move_character", location: " file: events/dw_slave.txt line: 120""

1 hour ago, TrxXx said:

Regarding the potions not blocking/re-upping: understood, I was a bit apprehensive about it due to the game's tooltip being blank about the modifier and as such didn't realise it was actually extending the duration. Thanks for taking a look and explaining.

Edit: I am also getting a similar bug to Drax70 in that some slaves I have sold have immediately returned to me, checking the error.log points to this:

"Script Assert! message: Target character does not have a court., assert: "pTarget->GetDemesne().IsValid()", type: "move_character", location: " file: events/dw_slave.txt line: 120""

Hrm. I see that I'm not ensuring the buyer is a ruler. If they're not a ruler, the move_character probably isn't going to function properly. I'll add is_ruler = yes to the character selection and repost the update.

Ah, I didn't see the update.

I also noticed the opposite happen (Script Assert! message: Scoped character can't be a ruler., assert: "!pChar->IsRuler()", type: "move_character", location: " file: events/dw_slave.txt line: 17") when I tried enslaving a ruler I captured during a war. Edit: disregard, I can't read properly when tired.

I've also noted a significant amount of characters becoming prostitutes, I had a case where the Pope and the last 3 of his predecessors were all prostitutes. Also noticed my character getting the trait but I'm not sure if I misclicked a decision or if something else is askew.

5 minutes ago, TrxXx said:

I also noticed the opposite happen (Script Assert! message: Scoped character can't be a ruler., assert: "!pChar->IsRuler()", type: "move_character", location: " file: events/dw_slave.txt line: 17") when I tried enslaving a ruler I captured during a war.

I've also noted a significant amount of characters becoming prostitutes, I had a case where the Pope and the last 3 of his predecessors were all prostitutes. Also noticed my character getting the trait but I'm not sure if I misclicked a decision or if something else is askew.

That error you've got, looks to be from the prior version. That area of code now does a check to see if they're a ruler, and if so they abdicate.

Hrm. That does seem odd. Especially since I've not changed anything related to prostitutes. The mechanism used to make your slaves into prostitutes is the same exact decision that has existed for at least the past several versions, which is you right clicking on them and telling them to become a prostitute. While characters can occasionally become prostitutes, unless the player specifically chooses someone to become one, it should be pretty rare.

For the ai to make itself one, they should be lustful, hedonistic, a lunatic, possessed, or they should have enough greed generating traits to give them an ai_greed score of 50.

In my play sessions, prostitutes seem pretty rare.

You caught my post before I edited it, but yeah I realised you had already fixed that.

Regarding the prostitute trait issue, don't worry about it, it's not your mod causing the issue.

Edit: turns out the rulers I brand are still moving location, I put the "prisoner = no" and "move_character" lines to the end of the event and now it seems to work as intended. Whilst testing this I also imprisoned someone elses slave but it did the same thing, I'm assuming something below the release prisoner command is reseting or altering where the character should end up.

Edit 2: the player cannot target themselves with the dw_remove_custom_portrait decision currently, filter needs to be changed from "all" to "all_including_me" if you want to allow the player to do so.

3 hours ago, TrxXx said:

You caught my post before I edited it, but yeah I realised you had already fixed that.

Regarding the prostitute trait issue, don't worry about it, it's not your mod causing the issue.

Edit: turns out the rulers I brand are still moving location, I put the "prisoner = no" and "move_character" lines to the end of the event and now it seems to work as intended. Whilst testing this I also imprisoned someone elses slave but it did the same thing, I'm assuming something below the release prisoner command is reseting or altering where the character should end up.

Edit 2: the player cannot target themselves with the dw_remove_custom_portrait decision currently, filter needs to be changed from "all" to "all_including_me" if you want to allow the player to do so.

Yeah, in looking it back over, I could see that freeing the prisoner before triggering their abdication could be an issue. I'll push them lower.

Ah, yes. The _including_ me. That still catches me some of the time.

Got a few more for you:

Spoiler

Somehow NPC necromancers are unable to summon the dead:

Script Assert! assert: "!"Invalid unit owner"", type: "spawn_unit", location: " file: events/dw_wizardtower.txt line: 2380"
Script Assert! assert: "!"Invalid unit owner"", type: "spawn_unit", location: " file: events/dw_wizardtower.txt line: 2356"
Script Assert! assert: "!"Invalid unit owner"", type: "spawn_unit", location: " file: events/dw_wizardtower.txt line: 2338"

Not sure if this is a major bug as it just won't assign an opinion boost/malus but it appears in the log every now and then so..

Script Assert! message: Invalid Target, assert: "pAbout && pAbout->IsValid()", type: "opinion", location: " file: events/dw_on_action_randoms.txt line: 3394"

Edit: hmm, I've studied the Diableries book but I don't think the fasting flag gets cleared.

Edit 2: Elder Blood potion's use trigger is an AND clause so you can only use it if you're both not a vampire and not an immortal, makes it impossible to gain vampiric immortality (in the event dw_wizardtower.324). editeditedit: this is the same for the Give Elder Blood potion decision as well.

Does anyone else have the problem with disabled functions still triggering? I deactivated Heros and Villians in the rules selection when starting a new game and literally the first thing that happened was Batman showing up at my court. O_o

On 6/21/2020 at 2:14 AM, TarusCW said:

Does anyone else have the problem with disabled functions still triggering? I deactivated Heros and Villians in the rules selection when starting a new game and literally the first thing that happened was Batman showing up at my court. O_o

I don't see how he's in your court. Even though I can see where I'd have the join me option there due to a bad trigger - the actual creation of Batman is skipped unless you have Heroes and Villains content enabled.

There are a handful of events that may still trigger, such as the Bat Knight one, which differ greatly in their narrative.

15 hours ago, A_guy_with_the_plan said:

what does well of magic do i dont have any options for it 

It doesn't do anything. I didn't even realize I still had that in there.

On 6/20/2020 at 6:43 AM, hellburning phenix said:

hello everyone,

I'm having an issue with this mod. I don't know if it has already been discussed already, so sorry if it has.

Whenever I try to save (with quick or hard save) the game crash to desktop.

How can I correct this ?

Thanks for your answers in advance.

No one has ever reported this. I've never experienced it. Going to need more information before I burn brain cells on it.

On 6/19/2020 at 11:48 AM, TrxXx said:

Got a few more for you:

Hide contents

Somehow NPC necromancers are unable to summon the dead:

Script Assert! assert: "!"Invalid unit owner"", type: "spawn_unit", location: " file: events/dw_wizardtower.txt line: 2380"
Script Assert! assert: "!"Invalid unit owner"", type: "spawn_unit", location: " file: events/dw_wizardtower.txt line: 2356"
Script Assert! assert: "!"Invalid unit owner"", type: "spawn_unit", location: " file: events/dw_wizardtower.txt line: 2338"

Not sure if this is a major bug as it just won't assign an opinion boost/malus but it appears in the log every now and then so..

Script Assert! message: Invalid Target, assert: "pAbout && pAbout->IsValid()", type: "opinion", location: " file: events/dw_on_action_randoms.txt line: 3394"

Edit: hmm, I've studied the Diableries book but I don't think the fasting flag gets cleared.

Edit 2: Elder Blood potion's use trigger is an AND clause so you can only use it if you're both not a vampire and not an immortal, makes it impossible to gain vampiric immortality (in the event dw_wizardtower.324). editeditedit: this is the same for the Give Elder Blood potion decision as well.

I've not run into NPC Necromancers trying to spawn the undead yet. I've been able to use it myself in the past. I'll take a look and see if something sticks out.

Ah yes. They're probably broke because I definitely changed up some things. I'll need to take a look at both the Vampire items.

On 6/22/2020 at 2:15 PM, dewguru said:

I've not run into NPC Necromancers trying to spawn the undead yet. I've been able to use it myself in the past. I'll take a look and see if something sticks out.

I lost my Court Wizard and those errors have stopped, so that might be a place to start looking (note: I have used the spell with my character as well and it works fine in that case).

I noticed that my Futa children were only getting assigned tits but not dicks so I took a look around and noticed that in DWBody.10 and .20 you're checking to see if they have either a tit trait or a dick trait. So DWBody.1 runs -> assigns tit trait via .20 -> checks for either tit or dick trait in .10 and fails due to the previously assigned tit trait.

I changed the top trigger (in dw_body_scripted_triggers.txt) to the spoilered code below and then changed DWBody.10 and .20 to only check it's specific type.

Spoiler

has_dw_dicktit_trait = {
    OR = {
		has_dw_dick_trait = yes
		has_dw_tit_trait = yes
    }
}
has_dw_dick_trait = {
	OR = {
		trait = dw_tiny_dick
		trait = dw_small_dick
		trait = dw_regular_dick
		trait = dw_big_dick
		trait = dw_huge_dick
		trait = dw_enormous_dick
		trait = dw_gigantic_dick
	}
}
has_dw_tit_trait = {
	OR = {
		trait = dw_tiny_tits
		trait = dw_small_tits
		trait = dw_regular_tits
		trait = dw_big_tits
		trait = dw_huge_tits
		trait = dw_enormous_tits
		trait = dw_gigantic_tits
	}
}

edit: 1st tier tribal wizard tower converts to 2nd tier feudal wizard tower which causes some weirdness.

I've noticed some slaves are getting used by other coutriers, one (with pretty valuable claims) slave had 10 children at the age of 25, all from different courtiers. Also, for some reason, as long as i dont use them, the other courtiers dont use them, or at least it seems that way. 

Small note, is there a reason as to why the slave trait is not inheritable, so if i have a Carling slave i'd love to marry him to another slave to have a whole line of Carling slaves, it would be fun. 

On 6/19/2020 at 2:14 AM, TrxXx said:

I also noticed the opposite happen (Script Assert! message: Scoped character can't be a ruler., assert: "!pChar->IsRuler()", type: "move_character", location: " file: events/dw_slave.txt line: 17") when I tried enslaving a ruler I captured during a war. Edit: disregard, I can't read properly when tired.

I´ve got the same issue, lots of prostitute traits, i think it is related with joining religious orders or societies. When my character joins one of then after joining gets the prostitute trait. All characters in the order also have the prostitute trait.  

So in using a few mods together with this one, the portraits for a few people (a few are the Underworld vampire hunter, skeletal lich, the vampire lady that shows up in an event (I think her name is Raynes or something)) get disappear and are replaced by a number, if I am correct this is due to portraits being named the same thing in different mods right? If so what's the best way to fix this, as I thought it was the DZM Expanded mod that was the issue (as I believe there's a post there about some of the portraits overriding portraits from this mod), but after removing it from my computer the portraits are still missing and I do not recall this being an issue till I started using the DZM Expanded mod?

Hey folks. Just wanted to let you know my silence the past week has been from some PC problems and a bout of illness, which I'm still dealing with a bit. So I've not done much over the past week for the next update. I'm looking to resume working on it soon though, as I got the PC issue fixed, and I'm feeling a little better than I was before.

On 7/1/2020 at 12:48 PM, heliospolaris said:

So in using a few mods together with this one, the portraits for a few people (a few are the Underworld vampire hunter, skeletal lich, the vampire lady that shows up in an event (I think her name is Raynes or something)) get disappear and are replaced by a number, if I am correct this is due to portraits being named the same thing in different mods right? If so what's the best way to fix this, as I thought it was the DZM Expanded mod that was the issue (as I believe there's a post there about some of the portraits overriding portraits from this mod), but after removing it from my computer the portraits are still missing and I do not recall this being an issue till I started using the DZM Expanded mod?

If you're seeing numbers - then my best guess is that you saved your game. Added a mod, or updated one, perhaps even removed a mod. Then you resumed your save game. The mod you added, removed, or updated, likely had traits. Whenever you add, update, or remove a mod that has traits you will BREAK your save game every single time. This is due to how the vanilla game handles traits. The only other potential issue, would indeed be if you had a mod that had the exact same image file name, and it was overwriting the one used by DWR. Trying to fix it by removing mods - would only work in a new game, not a save game.

On 6/30/2020 at 6:31 AM, Kingweon said:

How do I add in more werewolves? The annual events don't seem to be triggering and spirit quest is a huge no-show for me.

EDIT: Lemme edit this in case you need more clarification. I start the game, do werewolf pack restoration and the intrigue quest in game. A year later, I get a werewolf added to my court, bringing gold. That's great. He does things like normal. But then when I do the spirit quest, I've never gotten a new werewolf added to my court, and there are no new werewolves with bags of gold, or anything similar. The only way that I've found to get new werewolves is to breed them, which only works for my main character. That leads to a whole lot of incest over time, I'm sure you can imagine. So, what do? Is there another option to add a werewolf to my court besides the spirit quests and breeding?

2ndEDIT: I want to share a solution I found in case anyone else is wondering the same thing like I was, but it's kinda gimpy. Start off the game with no restrictions on diplomacy distance and poach from Fenris' court when he gets activated. I would still like a different solution though ;). 

3rdEDIT: Also, the werewolf blood potion from the alchemist literally just gives them the wolf trait, not the therianthrope trait. Also, in case it's relevant (didn't add it in 'cause I thought it wasn't) I'm using holy fury with the latest update of DWR, latest (as of this writing) version of DWR extras, even bigger text boxes and the version of immersive slave training and kidnapping that's supposed to be compatible with DWR. Thanks!

You indeed need to handle spread the news via breeding. It's the primary way. The traits are guaranteed to go to offspring, so you should be able to wed your children to others to have it begin spreading.

Regarding the potion - you are correct. It's not applying the Therianthrope trait like it should and I'll fix it in the next release.

On 6/26/2020 at 10:06 PM, TrxXx said:

I lost my Court Wizard and those errors have stopped, so that might be a place to start looking (note: I have used the spell with my character as well and it works fine in that case).

I noticed that my Futa children were only getting assigned tits but not dicks so I took a look around and noticed that in DWBody.10 and .20 you're checking to see if they have either a tit trait or a dick trait. So DWBody.1 runs -> assigns tit trait via .20 -> checks for either tit or dick trait in .10 and fails due to the previously assigned tit trait.

I changed the top trigger (in dw_body_scripted_triggers.txt) to the spoilered code below and then changed DWBody.10 and .20 to only check it's specific type.

Reveal hidden contents

edit: 1st tier tribal wizard tower converts to 2nd tier feudal wizard tower which causes some weirdness.

You mention your Court Wizard like it should have some meaning to me. Was it a special spawn from this mod? Do you mean the generic wizard option from the Wizard Tower?

I've got a fix for the futa kids in the next release. Something along the same lines of what you put.

Sorry, I misread the Court Wizard (it's a minor title) code. It requires the Mage trait, it doesn't give it (which is what I thought). My apologies for not giving any more detail, the Mage in question was just a random courtier which had gotten the Mage trait from somewhere and I'm pretty sure he was landless too (I'm going off of memory here so I could be wrong). If the error pops up again, I'll take more detailed notes.

Glad to hear that you've already got a fix.

Did you catch the tribal to feudal Wizard Tower weirdness? If not, it'll spam the error.log with "[settlement.cpp:523]: Building 'dw_ca_wizard_tower_2' constructed in 'b_muhu' while the building it upgrades from is missing" on all provinces that were converted to feudal from tribal (which had a Wizard Tower) otherwise.