dewguru

[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 9DEC2020

1 hour ago, Honourable596 said:

Again I always use it because it's the hermetic order without requiring spending a pagan religion customization slot on astrology.

Aye. The comment was directed towards you, but I could see where it could seem like that wasn't the case.

So I'll be leaving it as is, since it's no harm in leaving it.

1 hour ago, dart1 said:

so the mod keeps crashing on jan 24 794 im running ver 3.3.3 what should I do to fix this? @dewguru

What version of the mod are you using? There was a bug that could cause a CTD that was fixed in this last version.

Quick mod status update - I'm looking at an update that will likely hit around the second weekend in June.

It'll have some new traits, most of them image related, but not all. It'll have a large number of new potential npc's - and remember, you don't need to collect them all. Banish, kill or ignore those you don't want.

It also will have two more content contributions. Another from Jim Raynor, as well as some content from TrxXx. And who knows - perhaps even more as other folks have expressed interest.

So please enjoy the current version for a bit (especially the CTD bug fix in it that Tom Cucker discovered).

And I'd like to just say a quick thank you to everyone who's been helping lately, such as those mentioned above and Drax70 with his contributions, along with others helping pinpoint bugs/oddities.

Edit: Quick examples of the content I've added in the next release so far.

- Hero / Villain specific content

- Classic Monster specific content

- Gender Bender specific content

- Seeds of Chaos (symbiote/tentacle) specific content

- Mage specific content

- General - 'normal' adult styled content

The above varies widely. Some are just a single random event that checks for the above content, while others are more. By the time the mod hits, there should be even more.

32 minutes ago, Sylandras said:

I'll still play the current version, but how does the next update look for save compatibility? Cause if it looks like need a new game I'll just do a "smaller" campaign in ireland/uk or something.

The update that I'm looking at for mid-June will NOT be save game compatible.

Hey, so first, great work on the mod! I want to let everyone who has been involved know how much I appreciate the work everyone has done here as it gives much more to CK2 to make it more than just a war simulator with small relationship building in between (if you have correct aspirations). The events and frequency of them in this mod are really helpful in breaking that up. So, hearing about more updates with more events is definitely great!

I have been looking through the thread though and I have questions from messing with the mod, if someone doesn't mind answering. I haven't seen them distinctly asked, but to be fair, I didn't go through the entire 190 pages (and a few were asked differently before the update announcement or in reading it, it came off to me as unclear at the time what was going to happen). I apologize if they've been answered, totally feel free just to direct me to the answer and I'll be more than happy to read that. I just missed it in trying to catch-up if that was the case.

1. I have been playing the game and looking through the Event folder for a while now to try and understand what triggers what part of the mod. Keep in mind, I've only played the game for about 2 weeks, and I also don't fully understand the coding, however I have no clue where the DWSex doc connects to. I haven't seen the events from there before and I was wondering if it was connected to something I had turned off from the base mod (I only have on body modifiers and slavery in my main game files I play), or if the entire event line has been turned off.
  2. On the topic of the DWSex doc, will this update finish the missing blocks? *If it isn't tied to anything and no longer triggers, ignore this question.
  3. Moving on, will this update finish the dildo toy branch in the dw_visit doc? I noticed you had a note to complete it and already had the pics completed, so I was just curious if that was in the plans for this round.
  4. With that, you mentioned more orgies a few posts back (specifically seems to be in poly relationships, the one Cara event, and the Drax event in the mod as of right now). Will they now be initiated by visits with concubines as well as poly? Will that also be in the update or was it cut from your thinking for this update? I didn't see a final thought process on that and was just curious how you're looking at updating it from how it runs now.
  5. Finally, and this is a question that was also asked before the update was announced, but will you be adding the personal slave usage to this update? I noticed the line ends after you decide to keep (prostitute) or sell the slave. However, from a player's perspective, the slave then is only a small money gatherer until you decide to sell them, and there's no other triggers you can decide from there. You have it in the FAQ as a possible update and I just never really saw it talked about recently outside of you saying you were unsure about the entire mod heading into Cyberpunk and CK3. Will there be more work to giving more options to that or will that be the finalized version?

Again, I really appreciate the work here! I hope none of these questions sound unappreciative to what has been done or like I demand more from what has been done. More so, this is just curiosity for what is coming next as a player who's using mostly only a small portion of the mod. Though, admittedly, I do like the heroes/villains, fairy tale, and wizard additions with the events stories showing up (I haven't seen much more of the Classic Monsters trigger in my tests of them other than Vampires showing up to die, killing a werewolf, or a hunter showing up then nothing happening). I think it is cool being able to bring comic characters (or Hermoine) into the world every once in a while. Especially with how they trigger (like I randomly found Rogue while testing that part of the mod). So, I'm looking forward to Thor, Thanos, Wonder Woman, etc. As well as any more unique events you have for them (hoping for Harley-like thought out chains for most characters using unique events that don't require the other tags [specifically beastality for her]). Anyway, looking forward to the update! Especially from reading how you felt it may be coming to a close varying on CK3 and Cyberpunk. Also, thanks for answering!

9 hours ago, ddef said:
  1. I have been playing the game and looking through the Event folder for a while now to try and understand what triggers what part of the mod. Keep in mind, I've only played the game for about 2 weeks, and I also don't fully understand the coding, however I have no clue where the DWSex doc connects to. I haven't seen the events from there before and I was wondering if it was connected to something I had turned off from the base mod (I only have on body modifiers and slavery in my main game files I play), or if the entire event line has been turned off.
  2. On the topic of the DWSex doc, will this update finish the missing blocks? *If it isn't tied to anything and no longer triggers, ignore this question.
  3. Moving on, will this update finish the dildo toy branch in the dw_visit doc? I noticed you had a note to complete it and already had the pics completed, so I was just curious if that was in the plans for this round.
  4. With that, you mentioned more orgies a few posts back (specifically seems to be in poly relationships, the one Cara event, and the Drax event in the mod as of right now). Will they now be initiated by visits with concubines as well as poly? Will that also be in the update or was it cut from your thinking for this update? I didn't see a final thought process on that and was just curious how you're looking at updating it from how it runs now.
  5. Finally, and this is a question that was also asked before the update was announced, but will you be adding the personal slave usage to this update? I noticed the line ends after you decide to keep (prostitute) or sell the slave. However, from a player's perspective, the slave then is only a small money gatherer until you decide to sell them, and there's no other triggers you can decide from there. You have it in the FAQ as a possible update and I just never really saw it talked about recently outside of you saying you were unsure about the entire mod heading into Cyberpunk and CK3. Will there be more work to giving more options to that or will that be the finalized version?

1 - I originally had an idea to try and make sex events a little more choose your own path like, with the thought of just being able to point someone to the DWSex area. It turned out to not quite work like I had planned. Largely, it was difficult to keep a good narrative flow between events, and I also quickly get bored writing variations of the same thing (such as writing about the same thing from two different perspectives - and when I get bored, I stop modding for a bit) Most of those events themselves are touched either through the brothel or visits. Maybe a few other spots.

2 - No to this update finishing the different blocks there. They likely will never be finished. Some may be added, but some definitely will not be.

3 - Nope. That's a TODO that's been hanging around for about 7-8 months now. It's part of that whole writing it from two different perspectives, boring issue. If I did it, I could pretty much guarantee it'd result in my setting the mod aside for a good week or two while I refill my interest meter. Since that's not really ideal in this last dash, I'm focusing on adding things that I find interesting.

4 - Oh, with an orgy, I don't necessarily see it being based on you being in a poly relationship. And while some multi-partner stuff has been added, no true orgy type involvement yet for the player.

5 - Updating the slave stuff is near the top of my plans. I am hoping to get some changes in with this next update, and one thing I'd like to include is the option to use your slaves as well.

I am not sure if it's bug or not but when I use new Use Bitch or Omega Male decision as Werewolf ruler on my courtier female bitch I dont get any picture with text. Anything that happens is that she gets pregnant every time. But now strange things begin when I use charinfo cheat to see whos father only what I see is Pregnant in child of:  *name of female courtier*.

Also 1 of 2 childs came inbred without therianthrope and wolf trait. Looks like that female courtier impregnates herself when I choose Use Bitch or Omega Male. I'll try to restart game few times or reinstall mod but honestly I dont think it will help.

5 hours ago, KhorneFury said:

I am not sure if it's bug or not but when I use new Use Bitch or Omega Male decision as Werewolf ruler on my courtier female bitch I dont get any picture with text. Anything that happens is that she gets pregnant every time. But now strange things begin when I use charinfo cheat to see whos father only what I see is Pregnant in child of:  *name of female courtier*.

Also 1 of 2 childs came inbred without therianthrope and wolf trait. Looks like that female courtier impregnates herself when I choose Use Bitch or Omega Male. I'll try to restart game few times or reinstall mod but honestly I dont think it will help.

<SNIP of edit updates that were me rambling and going insane as I was looking at the wrong thing for two hours>

I see the issue. The decision is missing a pair of FROM = {} scope focus on a pair of events.

Since I also discovered that I've a duplicate targeted decision (the wrong thing I was looking at was the Visit Bitch targeted decision), I'm going to go ahead and pull those things over (giving more variety), and then I'll post the overwrite file once it's done.

For those who are playing a game where you're a werewolf or some other kind of therianthrope, and you plan on using your bitches, you'll want to drop the attached corrected file in ...\Crusader Kings II\mod\Dark World Reborn\decisions

Thanks to KhorneFury who reported the issue.

dw_night_decisions.txt

Hey, I found a minor bug. If you buy the Werewolf Blood potion to give to an other, you can keep giving it to people as the targeted decision erroneously removes a character flag rather than the modifier given when bought. Error is on Line 865 of dw_potiondecisions.txt.

14 minutes ago, 0wnyx said:

u guys follow the ck3 development ? any ideas if their 3d ish models or the game overall has potential for loverslab ?

I've preordered it, but I've not watched any of the developer diaries. I find the less I actually dive into games, the less my expectations are. Helps avoid disappointment.

That said, I've no 3Dish modeling or animation skills, so I'm not expecting to do too much there. I am curious if they'll allow for a static image override, or if everything will be forced to show that 3D character box. Since you apparently have to unlock certain things like hair styles and stuff, it'll be interesting to know if you can just do a mod override on that, or if we'll be forced to do non-mod play sessions once it's out.

Over all, I'm intrigued, but not sweating it too much either.

4 hours ago, TrxXx said:

Hey, I found a minor bug. If you buy the Werewolf Blood potion to give to an other, you can keep giving it to people as the targeted decision erroneously removes a character flag rather than the modifier given when bought. Error is on Line 865 of dw_potiondecisions.txt.

Thanks, will take a look.

Hello dewguru!

You should check the picture folder!

There are some pictures that are obsolete, they don't seem to correspond with any event at all.

So far, I found these:

brothel_female_2futa_dp1

brothel_female_female_munch1

brothel_futa_group_fuck1

brothel_futa_male_fuck2

They must be from a very old version of the mod because they are 450x150.

Thanks!

41 minutes ago, Drax70 said:

Hello dewguru!

You should check the picture folder!

There are some pictures that are obsolete, they don't seem to correspond with any event at all.

So far, I found these:

brothel_female_2futa_dp1

brothel_female_female_munch1

brothel_futa_group_fuck1

brothel_futa_male_fuck2

They must be from a very old version of the mod because they are 450x150.

Thanks!

There are a number like that. I've removed some in the past, and I've already removed some others with this next update, as I verify they're not being used.

A slavery change that will be in the next update will remove the decision where you go and have to manually collect a slave prostitute's wages.

After the update, it'll be an annual check that will take a look at any slave prostitutes, and then transfer their wealth over to the liege of the slave prostitutes. I'll probably have it trigger a 'pay day' type event so you're aware that your bank account should have grown. If I do add the event, you'll have the option to set it to not notify you in the future if you don't want the annual reminder.

Also, I'm going to add a 'Claim captured slave' targeted decision. So if while doing your conquering, you end up with someone else's slaves in your prison, you can just pluck them and add them to your court since they're already slaves.

Next update is still looking good for mid-June, and just a reminder - the mid-June update will NOT be save game compatible.

Edit: One more thing - Drax70 provides me some scantily clad images that are more scantily clad than what I'm looking for on some events. However, I know that some folks like such things, and Drax70 spent time pulling such images together, that it seems like it'd be a waste to not offer them. So, at some point (I don't know if it'll be before or at about the same time of the next patch), I'll package and offer them as an additional download for anyone interested in overwriting the default mod images with something more revealing.

On 5/27/2020 at 7:38 PM, dewguru said:

There are a number like that. I've removed some in the past, and I've already removed some others with this next update, as I verify they're not being used.

I found a couple of others....

brothel_trap_male_fuck1

facepalm

Thanks!

12 hours ago, dewguru said:

A slavery change that will be in the next update will remove the decision where you go and have to manually collect a slave prostitute's wages.

After the update, it'll be an annual check that will take a look at any slave prostitutes, and then transfer their wealth over to the liege of the slave prostitutes. I'll probably have it trigger a 'pay day' type event so you're aware that your bank account should have grown. If I do add the event, you'll have the option to set it to not notify you in the future if you don't want the annual reminder.

Also, I'm going to add a 'Claim captured slave' targeted decision. So if while doing your conquering, you end up with someone else's slaves in your prison, you can just pluck them and add them to your court since they're already slaves.

Next update is still looking good for mid-June, and just a reminder - the mid-June update will NOT be save game compatible.

Edit: One more thing - Drax70 provides me some scantily clad images that are more scantily clad than what I'm looking for on some events. However, I know that some folks like such things, and Drax70 spent time pulling such images together, that it seems like it'd be a waste to not offer them. So, at some point (I don't know if it'll be before or at about the same time of the next patch), I'll package and offer them as an additional download for anyone interested in overwriting the default mod images with something more revealing.

The annual check makes me wonder if you could have an option to display it as a notification in the top right instead? (e.g. "Your collective wages from your slave protitutes were $$ this year.")

I'd be interested in alternate images as an optional download.

9 hours ago, TrxXx said:

The annual check makes me wonder if you could have an option to display it as a notification in the top right instead? (e.g. "Your collective wages from your slave protitutes were $$ this year.")

I'd be interested in alternate images as an optional download.

You know, I believe I can have it pop-up as a side message. I saw how to do that once. I think it was something like a message command. I'll take a look into it. Not a bad idea.

Update: I'm not seeing how to post a message. I'm finding things related to it, but no actual command, nor an example that I can pull from after searching through the base game files.