[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 28MAR2024

Hey thanks a bunch dewguru and Tom Cucker, while i identified my game crashing due to DWR you are the reason i can continue my run :D

so. fix works !!!

note. after not crashin on 2nd feb. 788 the event i got on that day was female painter (paints my potrait for free) ... no idea from which mod that event is tho, DWR or maybe Lesbocracy ?

edit. oh yeah, big dick painting, more events, more fun !

17 minutes ago, Lemmiwinkz said:

Hey thanks a bunch dewguru and Tom Cucker, while i identified my game crashing due to DWR you are the reason i can continue my run :D

so. fix works !!!

note. after not crashin on 2nd feb. 788 the event i got on that day was female painter (paints my potrait for free) ... no idea from which mod that event is tho, DWR or maybe Lesbocracy ?

No - that is indeed the Painter event that was crashing things. Big Kudos to Tom Cucker.

4 hours ago, Drax70 said:

By the way, in the previous version, when I sell branded slaves, I don't get the money they already have....

Edit: The "DWFuta.130" event, with the merchant event visit, shows the dwarf lady picture, not a futa picture!

I didn't touch slavery with this last update. I know that was the original plan, but I ended up steering towards the Vampire > Prisoner aspect instead. I'll take a look at things though to try and ensure any money is getting moved around properly.

The .130 event has always been like that from the looks of it. The dwarf lady is supposed to be the 'Madame', who is the one making the individuals available. She appears at the first stage in a few others as well. It's one of those areas still built around the old smaller event window, and it's getting closer and closer to me rolling through it for some updates.

Next update will include some slavery adjustments.

Any training is intended to take place at ruler's main location, so it's doing a capital scope or family palace check instead of the way it used to. It also means that the next update will finally have a proper slave training location in the family palace.

Slave based buildings made in cities or ports won't be checked as valid locations for training, however, they're going to still have their buildings, along with a buff to tax gains, as cities and ports specialize in the selling and buying of slaves.

I don't think this will impact how anyone really uses it, but just in the off chance that someone was building a Slave Market in a city, and not their castle for handling slave training, I wanted to ensure the impact was mentioned here in case someone searches for it.

5 hours ago, rance said:

Is there a way to make the Disney Princesses with no events to spawn in your demesne? It gets tiring to have to look for them every time around the world.

Not presently. They used to, but alas, folks then complained about having so many Princesses spawning in their court, even if I staggered their spawning.

Granted, it's been long enough I could probably handle their spawn in an entirely different fashion now. Is there a specific one you're hunting for?

game breaking

16 hours ago, dewguru said:

Any training is intended to take place at ruler's main location, so it's doing a capital scope or family palace check instead of the way it used to. It also means that the next update will finally have a proper slave training location in the family palace.

Slave based buildings made in cities or ports won't be checked as valid locations for training, however, they're going to still have their buildings, along with a buff to tax gains, as cities and ports specialize in the selling and buying of slaves.

Please, clarify about the family palace: You mean the Royal Palace from the new Wonder DLC, a new building that will come with the new update, or you will have to be a Merchant Republic to train slaves?

And secondly, keep in mind, you will have to balance the tax gain buff, not to get a rediculous amount of money from your city vassals, at least early on. Because the map will be filled with massive armies... very unrealistic for that period and game breaking!

18 minutes ago, Drax70 said:

Please, clarify about the family palace: You mean the Royal Palace from the new Wonder DLC, a new building that will come with the new update, or you will have to be a Merchant Republic to train slaves?

And secondly, keep in mind, you will have to balance the tax gain buff, not to get a rediculous amount of money from your city vassals, at least early on. Because the map will be filled with massive armies... very unrealistic for that period and very game-braking!

Family palace is a Merchant Republic location, so you'd need to be one to use that building.

I never said any of the others were going away, and those who have played as a Merchant Republic have asked in the past for a proper building in their Family Palace, so, now they'll have one. What the capital scope means though is that for the castle, tribe, or nomads, you'll need to have the building in your, well, capital. Otherwise the training aspect won't be activated.

As for your second point - I've zero idea what you're talking about, so I can only assume you're speaking about a specific game start scenario, as while I could indeed be playing the game oddly, in the way that I play, I've never been awash with all the money I needed. Cities and Ports already have those buildings, and all that's being done is an adjustment to their taxation rate, which is more than what it used to be, yet considerably less than vanilla based buildings. For example, building all 3 levels of the Slave Market in a city, is equal to a Level 2 Market Place in the city (and that upgrades even more).

3 hours ago, dewguru said:

Not presently. They used to, but alas, folks then complained about having so many Princesses spawning in their court, even if I staggered their spawning.

Granted, it's been long enough I could probably handle their spawn in an entirely different fashion now. Is there a specific one you're hunting for?

Well, tried fiddling with their spawning in the files but I'm afraid I am not that good when it comes to modding.

The Frozen sisters in particular are the ones I'm trying to get.

1 hour ago, ElsissSurana said:

I'm curious, is it possible for the AI to use mind control on the pc?  Is there any content around that?

Alas no. I think it would be neat, and I'd work it in from the code side if someone wanted to provide some narrative text and imagery for it.

1 hour ago, rance said:

Well, tried fiddling with their spawning in the files but I'm afraid I am not that good when it comes to modding.

The Frozen sisters in particular are the ones I'm trying to get.

If you go in and change this section:

# Seeding of Anna and Elsa until the Snow Queen events handle generation
		random_independent_ruler = {
			limit = {
				ai = yes
			}
			character_event = { id = DWFairyTales.7 days = 55 }
			character_event = { id = DWFairyTales.8 days = 55 }
		}

To just be this.

It should work. The event itself is running as you. It's just hidden. By removing the random_independent_ruler and the related brackets to it, and just leaving the creation events them selves, it should work.

If you're comfortable using the Console Commands, you also could just run the event DWFairyTales.7 and event DWFairyTales.8 commands.

33 minutes ago, dewguru said:

Alas no. I think it would be neat, and I'd work it in from the code side if someone wanted to provide some narrative text and imagery for it.

If you go in and change this section:

random_independent_ruler = {
			limit = {
				ai = yes
			}
		}

To just be this.

It should work. The event itself is running as you. It's just hidden. By removing the random_independent_ruler and the related brackets to it, and just leaving the creation events them selves, it should work.

If you're comfortable using the Console Commands, you also could just run the event DWFairyTales.7 and event DWFairyTales.8 commands.

Sweet, thanks.

56 minutes ago, dewguru said:

Let me know what you have in mind and the kind of content that you want written up and I will be more than happy to have a crack at it.

Absolutely incredible work. I've been having a blast playing with this lately. Quick question - is there any intent to add more Heroes/Villains in? I know the standalone was disabled, but I was poking around in the custom portraits and found a few that I really wish I could see in-game. (Thanos, Wolverine, Thor.) I know that I can add the trait to give a generic their face, but I'd love to see them added with an event or two. 

2 hours ago, Apex-Fox said:

Can we get a option to play both the omega and beta and the rise of the pack?

Just thought it would be fun to do both, other then that good work on advancing the werewolf content.

Hrm. Like where you'd be an omega werewolf who's working for Fenris, or an omega/bitch human who's werewolf consorts are agents of Fenris?

1 hour ago, ElsissSurana said:

Let me know what you have in mind and the kind of content that you want written up and I will be more than happy to have a crack at it.

Do you know how to message someone through the site here? If you do, hit me up that way and we can do some brainstorming and I can share an example with you on what would be needed so I can take it and put it into the mod.

1 hour ago, RathAzu said:

Absolutely incredible work. I've been having a blast playing with this lately. Quick question - is there any intent to add more Heroes/Villains in? I know the standalone was disabled, but I was poking around in the custom portraits and found a few that I really wish I could see in-game. (Thanos, Wolverine, Thor.) I know that I can add the trait to give a generic their face, but I'd love to see them added with an event or two. 

Yes. Plans for more are coming - especially those who already have images associated with them.

4 minutes ago, dewguru said:

Yes. Plans for more are coming - especially those who already have images associated with them.

Literally one of the best parts of the mod. Hopefully we'll be able to see more of the Disney ladies too.

58 minutes ago, mphoneix said:

@dewguru Vampirella came to my court but i cannot see the vampire trait. Is that normal? 

Reveal hidden contents

Untitled.png

Have a similar problem but with werewolves that are born in game. They don't get the traits they should have and never get a werewolf portrait. The ones that show up from events seems to work. Vampier related, Rayne seems to not be buged she comes with all traits. I generarly don't let Vampirella into my court as it only result in a vampier explosion.

EDIT: Nevermind, I caused my bug myself it seems. 9 of 10 werewolves are working and I fideled about with the bugged one.

1 hour ago, mphoneix said:

@dewguru Vampirella came to my court but i cannot see the vampire trait. Is that normal? 

Hide contents

Untitled.png

What is the character modifier she has. If it's not one where she's making herself known publicly, then it shouldn't be showing her vampire trait.

Unless your ruler is a vampire himself, if so, then you should be able to see her properly.

58 minutes ago, Doomsday8931 said:

Have a similar problem but with werewolves that are born in game. They don't get the traits they should have and never get a werewolf portrait. The ones that show up from events seems to work. Vampier related, Rayne seems to not be buged she comes with all traits. I generarly don't let Vampirella into my court as it only result in a vampier explosion.

EDIT: Nevermind, I caused my bug myself it seems. 9 of 10 werewolves are working and I fideled about with the bugged one.

Werewolves should ideally only be pulling down a portrait if they're exposed. Some might not do it right away, such as if they're craven, they're basically too chicken to come out and display their heritage.

Before I have always seen the traits for some reason and now I didn't so I thought something was wrong. Think I may have found an actual bug now though. Playing an omega male and have had female werewolves using my characters but they don't seem to get pregnat. Might be intentunal but if bitches works the same don't it defeat the purpose of them then?

25 minutes ago, Doomsday8931 said:

Before I have always seen the traits for some reason and now I didn't so I thought something was wrong. Think I may have found an actual bug now though. Playing an omega male and have had female werewolves using my characters but they don't seem to get pregnat. Might be intentunal but if bitches works the same don't it defeat the purpose of them then?

No. Omega males are viewed as too unworthy to breed. It's part of why they get hit with a fertility debuff. So when they're used as an Omega by a female, their body just realizes it's not worthy. Now, if you bond with one enough that it takes you as its lover, there's a chance that it'll happen naturally.

The reason why you could probably see them before, was because I had a FROM / ROOT check backwards. So I was showing them when they were supposed to be hidden. I don't know how it went so long before I caught it in my last test session.

And one thing that is floating around the edges of my to do list, with it getting a bit closer, is possibly working in where omega's would actually be changed further. Making them more feminine. I don't know if you ever read Jay Naylor's The Fall of Little Red Riding Hood, but her male friend was pretty much my inspiration for why I added the Omega males to the game. I took a stab at it a long time ago, it didn't work, I pulled it out, and it's been on the to do list ever since, although I've been thinking of it more and more recently.