[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 31JAN2022

Right now it's in sort of an awkward state -- the original creators of the mod haven't been heard from in months, and a fan who's adopted it and is making his own version is deep in the middle of that and is currently trying to find time to update it for Conclave.  I could mention the interest over there, but no idea how they'd feel trying to keep it up at two boards instead of one.

Shade88 follows dark world ;)

Feel free to relay the interest in having it over here also

Heads-up. Just returned from the hospital where I've spent the past two days (missing my Valentine's day plans with the wife). I'm out now, yet am going to shower and go to bed. Just wanted to give the heads-up since this unplanned stay obviously impacted my plans on finalizing and releasing the next mod update.

Heads-up. Just returned from the hospital where I've spent the past two days (missing my Valentine's day plans with the wife). I'm out now, yet am going to shower and go to bed. Just wanted to give the heads-up since this unplanned stay obviously impacted my plans on finalizing and releasing the next mod update.

You alright mate? Hope it wasn't serious.

The H-game curse continues it's crusade.

Well shit, hope you're all right now!

Thanks for the well wishes. It was a worrisome two days, but they decided no surgery was needed, and the end result is for me to just go back for more tests in four weeks and then they'll decide if additional actions are needed after that point.

My wife has said I could have come up with a less dramatic option for getting out of our Valentine's date, but I countered by pointing out the quality time we spent together those two days while she was at my bedside. :)

End result, my humor is still intact, I'm thankful that we got there before it got bad, and outside of the weekend blip, I'm looking to get things back on track.

How feasible would it be to get Dark world to work with Seiji's Anime Portrait mod? https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=511390130

The problem im encountering is that anime portraits override the Dark World portraits and id prefer the latter portraits to take priority over the former. Maybe it's a load order issue but i can't figure out if ck2 even handles mods in that kind of way.

Edit: Ive read that load order is alphabetical. How would i change the name of a mod so that it loads later?

Well, the load order is on a file by file basis, not mod bt mod. Chances are both the anime portraits and the remedy portraits modify the same .fui and .gfx text files, in which case you'd have to manually merge them

Ah. Well thats pretty much beyond my capabilities.

I unfortunately have no idea which files i need to alter to prevent the PC and npcs like Harley from being replaced by seiji's anime portraits. If someone know's how to make ReMeDy's portraits take precedence over Seiji's id be grateful.

Aw jeez man you ok? We can wait no problem just focus on getting better. 

I unfortunately have no idea which files i need to alter to prevent the PC and npcs like Harley from being replaced by seiji's anime portraits. If someone know's how to make ReMeDy's portraits take precedence over Seiji's id be grateful.

Go into the mod whose portraits you do not want and delete or rename interface\portrait_properties.txt

hey even when I download the mod and place the MOD file in the mod folder without any changes none of the events activate any suggestions 

Are you also putting the Dark World folder in the mod folder?  That's the main part of the mod -- the file named Dark World.mod (or Dark World Core.mod) just tells the game where to look for it.  Also, if you're using the most recent version, there aren't many events to activate -- the Core is just setting things up, and should mostly manifest as breast and penis sizes for characters.

Go into the mod whose portraits you do not want and delete or rename interface\portrait_properties.txt

Hmm thats weird. Removing the file didn't do anything it seems. The anime portraits are still there and they still override the Dark World portraits. 

I was expecting that the removal of the .txt file might render the mod nonfunctional or in the best case scenario possibly solve my problem but it appears that the .txt file has no crucial function?

Hmm thats weird. Removing the file didn't do anything it seems. The anime portraits are still there and they still override the Dark World portraits. 

I was expecting that the removal of the .txt file might render the mod nonfunctional or in the best case scenario possibly solve my problem but it appears that the .txt file has no crucial function?

The portrait_properties.txt file is how the game determines the backgrounds and overlays for portraits. Background changes when the character is at war, bars when in jail, etc.. Technically, ReMeDy's mod doesn't actually replace any potraits. Rather, it inserts a picture as an overlay over the existing portraits, but since it has no transparency it appears to have replaced it. The anime portraits, on the other hand, actually replace the assets used to generate the initial portrait. Theoretically, removing portrait_properties.txt should have allowed the Dark World portraits to win while removing an overlay type or two from the anime portraits, but I hadn't realized that the anime portraits also made edits to interface\portraits.gfx.

I don't know why Paradox doesn't have some form of load order manager. Since the normal "quick fix" didn't work, my suggestion to you is to delete or rename, one-by-one, all the files in the anime portraits mod that also exist in the Dark World mod until the Dark World portraits win.

Quick update. While it has been good to be back home, I've not touched the mod too much the past couple of days. However, I've time set aside to resume poking it in earnest tomorrow.

Also - rustiyeti has written up a nice Werewolf addition that I'll be looking to incorporate with the work I've done. I believe it'll add some of that meat that some folks were really looking for to the Werewolf side of the Werewolf/Vampire content. If you enjoy the Werewolf content when it's released, please take the time to give rustiyeti a shout out in thanks.

Also - after looking at how things are, since the werewolves and vampires are basically set to be major enemies with each other, they're going to be in the same mod. Just like the children of Lilith (Succubus and Incubus) and the Divine will be.

So, current tentative mod release schedule:

- Dark World Core v1.27 - Friday night

- Dark World Fairy Tales - Friday night

- Dark World ReMeDy Custom Portraits - Friday or Saturday

- Dark World Vampires and Werewolves - TBD

- Dark World Children of Lilith - TBD

Guest Vendayn
stuff

So, current tentative mod release schedule:

- Dark World Core v1.27 - Friday night

- Dark World Fairy Tales - Friday night

- Dark World ReMeDy Custom Portraits - Friday or Saturday

- Dark World Vampires and Werewolves - TBD

- Dark World Children of Lilith - TBD

Looking really forward to the updated mod :) Personally will probably wait till Lilith stuff is out (I really liked that stuff in the previous version, and kinda want to wait for things to be more complete). But, the other stuff sounds really cool too.

Thank you for the mod. Would it be possible to stop the whore trait getting randomly assigned to concubines? I had an epidemic of bastard children and ruined relations due to this happening. If it isn't something that you would consider putting into the main mod, is there anywhere in the mod files, where I could add that restriction for myself? Thank you again for all your work.

Edit: Tried adding is_married = no, is_betrothed = no and is_concubine = no into DWWhoring # .500 Person offering their service to prospective customers. Might have changed it.