[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 13APR2024

9 hours ago, dewguru said:

Update is progressing along well, still on target for the middle of June.

A surprise entry into the update, I found myself working on the Arena portion. Not only will there be a new potential recruit for your stable (if you have Hero Villain content enabled), you will also finally be able to have your stable of gladiators fight. Nothing super fancy, but now there is the chance to earn money and prestige through your stable of gladiators, although there are risks, as death is indeed a potential outcome when one enters the arena.
-snip-

Neat.

Will there be accompanying text, or will it just be like, "your gladiator won, you earned X and X"?
And furthermore, will the arena host only gladiatorial fights, or will there be lewd events, too?

1 hour ago, Zalanum said:

Some portraits are appearing as numbers is this a known bug is there a fix?

If you have portraits appearing as numbers - I'm guessing it is from a saved game, and I'm also guessing that you either updated a mod or removed a mod.

If that is correct, then what you did, is break your save game, and you're seeing a sign of that.

6 hours ago, Pantheress said:

Neat.

Will there be accompanying text, or will it just be like, "your gladiator won, you earned X and X"?
And furthermore, will the arena host only gladiatorial fights, or will there be lewd events, too?

There will be some accompanying text. Nothing super fancy. As a ruler, if you're willing to risk death, you can also train to be a gladiator and participate too. There are 20 potential different outcomes (10 stable fighter/10 ruler gladiator), and it is a little bit of a chore to write slight variations so many times, but I'm presently grinding through them.

A few lewd events may slip in. Probably not in the gladiator stable fights mentioned above, but more if you go to just watch or bet on the matches.

Still looking good for a mid-June update.

It's shaping up to be pretty sizable.

We've got contributions from three different individuals (TrxXx, Jim Raynor, and Drax70). Over sixty new events from myself. A streamlining of the slavery mechanism. The arena placeholder parts actually do stuff now. Rise of the Pack will offer an option to start as a submissive werewolf (omega or bitch). Orc Campaign start updated. Some bug fixes, and more.

And I've still got things I'm still looking to add.

The mid-June update WILL NOT be save game compatible. So I'll leave the prior version up when I post the new one.

Also - the updates made exceed my capabilities to adequately test them all. I'll at least ensure there are no error.log entries generated, and that Validator doesn't vomit on me. But if you notice an oddity, please definitely bring it to my attention.

After this update - the next portion that I've my eyes set on is the Demon/Lilith portion. That was the content that originally began Dark World years ago, and it's not really been revisited in over a year. I'd like to expand on somethings, as well as fix some other small issues that I'm aware of.

34 minutes ago, dewguru said:

Still looking good for a mid-June update.

It's shaping up to be pretty sizable.

We've got contributions from three different individuals (TrxXx, Jim Raynor, and Drax70). Over sixty new events from myself. A streamlining of the slavery mechanism. The arena placeholder parts actually do stuff now. Rise of the Pack will offer an option to start as a submissive werewolf (omega or bitch). Orc Campaign start updated. Some bug fixes, and more.

And I've still got things I'm still looking to add.

The mid-June update WILL NOT be save game compatible. So I'll leave the prior version up when I post the new one.

Also - the updates made exceed my capabilities to adequately test them all. I'll at least ensure there are no error.log entries generated, and that Validator doesn't vomit on me. But if you notice an oddity, please definitely bring it to my attention.

After this update - the next portion that I've my eyes set on is the Demon/Lilith portion. That was the content that originally began Dark World years ago, and it's not really been revisited in over a year. I'd like to expand on somethings, as well as fix some other small issues that I'm aware of.

Excellent!

Yeah, I tried the Lilith sosiety and it is really blunt and repetitive at a point that becomes borring...

I'm really happy that it will get some love!!!

Thank you!

Hmm, the Lilith society has a few bugs too (like certain quests pointing to wrong stuff and the "Child of" quest just flat out breaking") so I'm looking forward to that and the rest of the Demon/Lilith content being expanded.

Speaking of bugs, I've noticed that a couple of events (dw_visits.9040 and dw_hvevents.1210) do checks for a global flag (dw_bestiality_on) but the flag itself isn't actually set (unless I'm dumb and missed something obvious).

3 hours ago, TrxXx said:

Hmm, the Lilith society has a few bugs too (like certain quests pointing to wrong stuff and the "Child of" quest just flat out breaking") so I'm looking forward to that and the rest of the Demon/Lilith content being expanded.

Speaking of bugs, I've noticed that a couple of events (dw_visits.9040 and dw_hvevents.1210) do checks for a global flag (dw_bestiality_on) but the flag itself isn't actually set (unless I'm dumb and missed something obvious).

They're probably handling it the way I use to before the game rule was added. I'll look at them and switch them over to the game rule method.

Um, just a question,

when I buy the dog/s, I don't remember the event exactly, the one you have the option to have a discount as well, do I do anything with the dog, or is it for a future "Bestiality Content"?

Thanks!

Suggestion on the Spirit Quest thing:
Could we get a toggle for it? Make it automatically run every, say, 6 months, and scale the rewards/penalties accordingly. Have the event only trigger if your character is not incapable, travelling, leading armies or otherwise busy.

I just find it tedious having to manually start it every time it's off cooldown, but I really like the events and the immersion it gives.

13 hours ago, Pantheress said:

Suggestion on the Spirit Quest thing:
Could we get a toggle for it? Make it automatically run every, say, 6 months, and scale the rewards/penalties accordingly. Have the event only trigger if your character is not incapable, travelling, leading armies or otherwise busy.

I just find it tedious having to manually start it every time it's off cooldown, but I really like the events and the immersion it gives.

There is not a six month on_action trigger, but I don't see any reason why I can't just add it to the annual on_action trigger, so it fires automatically once a year.

I know I could do something like set an event that runs a random, and then seeks to fire itself again 180 days later, but in my experience, that stuff gets pretty unreliable, so that's why I moved to trying to keep things on_action specific as much as possible.

17 hours ago, Drax70 said:

Um, just a question,

when I buy the dog/s, I don't remember the event exactly, the one you have the option to have a discount as well, do I do anything with the dog, or is it for a future "Bestiality Content"?

Thanks!

That's planned content. It's still likely to happen as well.

17 hours ago, dewguru said:

There is not a six month on_action trigger, but I don't see any reason why I can't just add it to the annual on_action trigger, so it fires automatically once a year.

I know I could do something like set an event that runs a random, and then seeks to fire itself again 180 days later, but in my experience, that stuff gets pretty unreliable, so that's why I moved to trying to keep things on_action specific as much as possible.

I know it's not a six-month trigger, it just seemed that if it was going to fire automatically, 6 months seems like a decent interval. Right now, it's on a, what, 2-month cooldown? So if it runs every 6 month instead, multiply the rewards/penalties by 3.

Also, I know it's hard to balance what is essentially free benefits(for therianthropes), but getting something else than just piety, or piety and prestige, would be great.
I only say that because, playing primarily tribal pagans, that +25 to piety and/or prestige are, in the grand scheme of things, not really that special, even IF it's free. :P
In my opinion, getting no reward at all, but with a higher chance of losing negative traits such as stressed and depressed would be a lot more fitting, at least for the more leisure-focused outcomes.
In the end, it's just a minor nitpick, and I'm more than happy for the flavour they add to the game, and I really do hope to see more of that kind of content in the future. :)

On 6/4/2020 at 5:25 AM, dewguru said:

What seduction? Vampire seduction? Can you elaborate on what you're seeing?

Sorry for the late reply.

It just feels like seduction options are a lot more limited than they were the last time I played a year ago.

I'm pretty sure that I used to be able to seduce non-homosexuals with a homosexual character (and vice-versa), or even just attempt it and fail, but now the option isn't even in the context menu if they aren't the same sexual orientation as you. Maybe I'm just misremembering, I don't know.

The game really needs a bisexual option.

Some other things though:

The last time I created a futa character it didn't assign a dick trait even after years passed (I thought it checked at the end of the year for some reason). I drank the penis size increase potion and it would give the correct popup but obviously there was no trait for it to change so nothing happened.  I ended up starting a new game and assigning the trait in character creation just because it annoyed me.

Also, could you possible increase Belle's health or something? She dies constantly of random disease and what not in my games, always has done tbh.

1 hour ago, Inevitably said:

Sorry for the late reply.

It just feels like seduction options are a lot more limited than they were the last time I played a year ago.

I'm pretty sure that I used to be able to seduce non-homosexuals with a homosexual character (and vice-versa), or even just attempt it and fail, but now the option isn't even in the context menu if they aren't the same sexual orientation as you. Maybe I'm just misremembering, I don't know.

The game really needs a bisexual option.

Some other things though:

The last time I created a futa character it didn't assign a dick trait even after years passed (I thought it checked at the end of the year for some reason). I drank the penis size increase potion and it would give the correct popup but obviously there was no trait for it to change so nothing happened.  I ended up starting a new game and assigning the trait in character creation just because it annoyed me.

Also, could you possible increase Belle's health or something? She dies constantly of random disease and what not in my games, always has done tbh.

So, you've not verified that you're talking about the Vampire Seduction, which makes me thing you're simply talking vanilla CK2 seduction that is part of the Way of Life DLC. If I recall, the only other seduction portion in the mod, simply provided a hook into the Way of Life DLC seduction. Things like religion (yours and theirs), their opinion of you, and more impacts successes.

The potion gave you a pop-up? Do you mean an event window, or something else? Did you confirm that you indeed had the Body Traits game rule for the mod turned on? What other mods are you using?

Belle's base health is already above average. Hospitals and good management of court sizes (to keep them from being cramped - the more people in your court - the more damaging the game will be in it with diseases). I've no plans to adjust Belle's health.

4 hours ago, Pantheress said:

I know it's not a six-month trigger, it just seemed that if it was going to fire automatically, 6 months seems like a decent interval. Right now, it's on a, what, 2-month cooldown? So if it runs every 6 month instead, multiply the rewards/penalties by 3.

Also, I know it's hard to balance what is essentially free benefits(for therianthropes), but getting something else than just piety, or piety and prestige, would be great.
I only say that because, playing primarily tribal pagans, that +25 to piety and/or prestige are, in the grand scheme of things, not really that special, even IF it's free. :P
In my opinion, getting no reward at all, but with a higher chance of losing negative traits such as stressed and depressed would be a lot more fitting, at least for the more leisure-focused outcomes.
In the end, it's just a minor nitpick, and I'm more than happy for the flavour they add to the game, and I really do hope to see more of that kind of content in the future. :)

The cool down wasn't really meant to ensure you can run it every two months like clock work. The ai is set to only do it once a year, and even then it's only 50% they'd do it. So it should average out to about once every other year.

The reason for the short cool down was more for player ease of use. To keep it from being spammed back to back, but to allow for it to be available when players felt they were ready to use it. The whole intention of the rewrite was to no longer make it mandatory like it used to be and much more optional.

I'm mulling it over though. I was originally seeing it more like one of those periodic events, like the Summer's Fair, or one of the Feasts, which was simply not tied to a limited monthly range, because I sometimes grumble when I just miss those events.

7 hours ago, dewguru said:

So, you've not verified that you're talking about the Vampire Seduction, which makes me thing you're simply talking vanilla CK2 seduction that is part of the Way of Life DLC. If I recall, the only other seduction portion in the mod, simply provided a hook into the Way of Life DLC seduction. Things like religion (yours and theirs), their opinion of you, and more impacts successes.

The potion gave you a pop-up? Do you mean an event window, or something else? Did you confirm that you indeed had the Body Traits game rule for the mod turned on? What other mods are you using?

Belle's base health is already above average. Hospitals and good management of court sizes (to keep them from being cramped - the more people in your court - the more damaging the game will be in it with diseases). I've no plans to adjust Belle's health.

Okay so I typed a more proper reply and the site lagged and didn't post so I'll just sum it up again. Sorry if it looks half arsed.

>yes I meant way of life dlc seduction sorry not sure if it changed in paradox patch notes but it feels very nerfed with who it can target

>nothing to do with things impacting success it wasnt even in the context menu in the first place if both characters werent homo/hetero or w/e

>sorry if thats nothing to do with what you do

>vampiric seduction seems to never lead to them becoming lovers for me (by design?) which is a bit sad even if im infertile I still want to cuck my enemies and have an easy to access blood doner

>yes potion event window with correct text & image

>yes body traits were enabled cos I had tits and other characters had penises it just never assigned my futa a dick size

>sorry I didnt save so cant say what other traits I had on

>wouldnt potion be disabled if I didnt have body traits game rule on?

>no other mods

>my luck with belle is probably just bad then since she dies far more than any other npc maybe just because they have even more hp

2 hours ago, Inevitably said:

Okay so I typed a more proper reply and the site lagged and didn't post so I'll just sum it up again. Sorry if it looks half arsed.

>yes I meant way of life dlc seduction sorry not sure if it changed in paradox patch notes but it feels very nerfed with who it can target

>nothing to do with things impacting success it wasnt even in the context menu in the first place if both characters werent homo/hetero or w/e

>sorry if thats nothing to do with what you do

>vampiric seduction seems to never lead to them becoming lovers for me (by design?) which is a bit sad even if im infertile I still want to cuck my enemies and have an easy to access blood doner

>yes potion event window with correct text & image

>yes body traits were enabled cos I had tits and other characters had penises it just never assigned my futa a dick size

>sorry I didnt save so cant say what other traits I had on

>wouldnt potion be disabled if I didnt have body traits game rule on?

>no other mods

>my luck with belle is probably just bad then since she dies far more than any other npc maybe just because they have even more hp

Hrm. Did you start the game as a futa through the additional trait option in the Game Rule? If not, how did you achieve the futa trait?

I didn't ask what other traits you had. I asked what other mods you were using, just to give me or others an idea if there is a potential mod conflict that I need to look at.

Most npc's in the game have between 3 and 5 base health. Belle starts with 5.1, as do most of the non-hero/villain npc's I add with the mod. From what I read about life expectancy, the game starts having checks once someone hits the mid to late 30's in passing of natural causes. Someone with a 3 health is probably not going to make it past 50. A 4, is probably looking at having trouble making it out of the 60's, while a 5 should be in the 65-75 range.

Of course, disease and other events can reduce someone's health. This is why a good Court Physician / hospital / disease reduction is key, as most diseases cause a 2 - 4 health loss, with major ones like Rabies or the Plague causing a health loss of up to 7. Belle isn't some kind of super woman, so I don't see a reason to buff her more than she is. If you're too concerned, there are other ways to handle it within this mod, such as becoming a mage and learning how to heal others, or becoming a succubus/incubus and making someone immortal.

1 hour ago, dewguru said:

Hrm. Did you start the game as a futa through the additional trait option in the Game Rule? If not, how did you achieve the futa trait?

I didn't ask what other traits you had. I asked what other mods you were using, just to give me or others an idea if there is a potential mod conflict that I need to look at.

Most npc's in the game have between 3 and 5 base health. Belle starts with 5.1, as do most of the non-hero/villain npc's I add with the mod. From what I read about life expectancy, the game starts having checks once someone hits the mid to late 30's in passing of natural causes. Someone with a 3 health is probably not going to make it past 50. A 4, is probably looking at having trouble making it out of the 60's, while a 5 should be in the 65-75 range.

Of course, disease and other events can reduce someone's health. This is why a good Court Physician / hospital / disease reduction is key, as most diseases cause a 2 - 4 health loss, with major ones like Rabies or the Plague causing a health loss of up to 7. Belle isn't some kind of super woman, so I don't see a reason to buff her more than she is. If you're too concerned, there are other ways to handle it within this mod, such as becoming a mage and learning how to heal others, or becoming a succubus/incubus and making someone immortal.

Started the game as a futa (Dark World Bonus Trait Start) and didn't have the penis size trait after the decision unless I had already added it during character creation.

Then if I don't also add a breast trait alongside the penis trait during character creation I won't have a breast trait in game and then the breast potion event will change nothing but I can still buy it and get the event.

Just went and replicated it now.

Turning yourself into a futa when you're a succubus or w/e assigns the penis trait properly though.

I never said you did ask what other traits I had. I wrote that in case of a possible future question since, as I say above, sometimes it apparently matters.

It made more sense in the lost post that was properly written out.

Yeah I know how health & disease work, I just noticed that Belle always seems to die pretty soon after I acquire her (within a couple of years), unlike pretty much all the other NPCs.

Maybe it's something to do with her lifestyle lol.

10 hours ago, Inevitably said:

Started the game as a futa (Dark World Bonus Trait Start) and didn't have the penis size trait after the decision unless I had already added it during character creation.

Then if I don't also add a breast trait alongside the penis trait during character creation I won't have a breast trait in game and then the breast potion event will change nothing but I can still buy it and get the event.

Just went and replicated it now.

Turning yourself into a futa when you're a succubus or w/e assigns the penis trait properly though.

I never said you did ask what other traits I had. I wrote that in case of a possible future question since, as I say above, sometimes it apparently matters.

It made more sense in the lost post that was properly written out.

Yeah I know how health & disease work, I just noticed that Belle always seems to die pretty soon after I acquire her (within a couple of years), unlike pretty much all the other NPCs.

Maybe it's something to do with her lifestyle lol.

Well, you still didn't answer the question about any other mods, so I'm not going to ask any more. I'm not having the same results as you, as my female ruler is at least starting with her breasts. I do see the issue in regards to the cock trait. The breasts being there are blocking the cock trait from being assigned with how it's presently routed. I can address the cock trait not being applied in the next update. Can't replicate anything else you've raised.

3 hours ago, dewguru said:

Well, you still didn't answer the question about any other mods, so I'm not going to ask any more. I'm not having the same results as you, as my female ruler is at least starting with her breasts. I do see the issue in regards to the cock trait. The breasts being there are blocking the cock trait from being assigned with how it's presently routed. I can address the cock trait not being applied in the next update. Can't replicate anything else you've raised.

I did answer the question about any other mods, did you just skim through my other post with the bullet points?

I didn't think it necessary to repeat that I had no other mods on when I had already said that.

Yeah, female rulers start with breasts as long as you don't assign a penis trait ALONE in character creation as that blocks the breasts from being assigned once you get in game, as it says in my post. I just replicated it myself with a fresh download. It's not a big deal as I was only assigning the penis trait alone due to the cock trait bug which you are now fixing.

4 hours ago, Inevitably said:

I did answer the question about any other mods, did you just skim through my other post with the bullet points?

Yeah, I clearly did skim through it and over looked it. I see it now.

Mod is still on target for release this weekend. There is a whole bunch of stuff in this coming update. I've got 4 or 5 things that aren't making it in this next update, that I'll be working towards in the next one. One I've already communicated, which is revisiting some of the succubus/incubus stuff. Other things that probably won't make it in, but will be on the list for the following update are the Vampire Immortality method I want to use (basically drain 10 other vampires to achieve your ancient vampire/immortality), Arch-mage which will basically combine the 4 mage specializations into 1 (freeing up modifier space), and I think I'd like to take a stab at some race specific troop buildings. Where say if you're an Orc or Werewolf leader, you could have a suitable building that would add some special race specific troops. I've never done this before, so I'll admit I'm a bit nervous about it.

Here's the present change log for what's coming this weekend.

v1.83 (Dark World Reborn)
    - SAVE GAMES FILES PRIOR TO THIS MOD RELEASE ARE NOT COMPATIBLE
    - More events (more ball related random events, hero and villain events, more annual randoms, more events than I kept track of)
    - Contribution from TrxXx - New Courtly motivation decisions for spiritual and steward council positions (steward is tribal specific)
    - Contribution from Jim Raynor - event series that can trigger when trying to visit a concubine, and a random for bad, bad priests
    - Contribution from Drax70 - some new images, and a lot of existing image resize adjustments.
    - Finished fleshing out the decision events for the Vampires using their prisoners.
    - Family Palace has its own slavery dungeons that can be built (finally)
    - Slaves are now a valid feeding target for Vampires
    - Rise of the Pack now offers an option to start as a submissive werewolf (omega or bitch)
    - New npcs, heroes, villains
    - Orc Campaign start updated
    - Slavery streamlined (Get a Prisoner - Brand them and they become a slave who is pulled into your court, then use or sell them)
    - NOTE: Using male slave events route over to "Spend Time With" type events. I took a look for some good using male slave images, did not find any, and did not have the desire to continue looking. I welcome any image and event narration related to using male slaves and I will handle the coding side of things. Shoot me a direct message through LoversLab if interested.
    - If you have an arena, you can specify a slave to become a Gladiator, which makes them a part of your Arena Stable
    - Holy shit! Changes to the arena as well! You can finally have gladiators fight for glory/money/whatever!
    - Removed a few more obsolete images and their mod references
    - Fixed an issue where a therianthrope using a bitch had a bad scope call (thx KhorneFury)
    - Fixed an issue where the Werewolf Blood potion was clearing a flag instead of the modifier - allowing unlimited uses (thx TrxXx)
    - Fixed an issue with a Blood Moon flag that was not clearing (thx TrxXx)
    - Fixed an issue with the Hero Hall and Villain Lair buildings that could result in a error.log entry for non-fuedal rulers. (thx TrxXx)
    - Fixed an issue with some flags not getting cleared on the old Shopping events. (thx TrxXx)
    - Fixed an issue where motivating the Chancellor could result in a success and failure if both the ruler and Chancellor are the same sex (thx TrxXx)
    - Fixed where a couple events were using an old bestiality flag instead of the new game rule, which was ommiting content. (thx TrxXx)
    - Fixed an issue where the Gender Bender bonus trait was not adding a cock size for Futa characters. (thx Inevitably)

Hey, this is just a quick ask. Would it be possible to limit Dracula and the Werewolves spawn to a certain area and culture? It is just weird to me that you can have a Indian Vlad and Mande Fenris. It'd be better if they were forced to spawn as a Vlach Vlad and Norse Fenris, just to keep it culturally consistent. Maybe a new rule for that?

Whatever you say, thanks for the mod.

Finally found the bug that killed my current game,
Drax70_encounter.55 calls Drax70_encounter.55 making an infinite loop.

To avoid
when you are Female ambushed while on Command, Don't Fight your way out or you'll be in a loop with only one option of
"COME IF YOU HAVE THE BALLS!"

2 hours ago, Time Seeker said:

Finally found the bug that killed my current game,
Drax70_encounter.55 calls Drax70_encounter.55 making an infinite loop.

To avoid
when you are Female ambushed while on Command, Don't Fight your way out or you'll be in a loop with only one option of
"COME IF YOU HAVE THE BALLS!"

Were you getting any of the other options, or only the one? If none of the others are showing, then it probably means the dueling method that he's got for it isn't written correctly.

The way it looks like it is supposed to work is a character flag gets assigned that shows if you won, lost, or lost bad.

While I can see that there indeed an option that will call itself, ideally one of the others would be showing up too, giving you two options to choose between. If it doesn't, then I'll just comment things out and simplify it unless Drax70 has a different preference for it. I'm not going to dive in and try to fully figure out how it's written, as it's done differently than I do it now.